logo

Pacific National Law Center
Mortgage mitigation
2. (7 mins ago)
Chase Auto Finance
Vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made
3. (8 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Scam charges

DRI Element5.com
www.drielement5.com
When checking online for charges made to my credit card, as I do every evening, I found 2 charges made by DRI element5.com for 29.95 each, still in pending. I do not even know who the company is or what they sell. I called my credit card company. At first they told me I had to wait until the charges were actually on the card and off pending. I told them no dice. So they took them off and are sending me a new card.

In the meanwhile I am card-less and have to notify all my automatic payments on bills to this card tomorrow, that they will need to wait until I receive my new card and new number. What a pain! Who are these people and where did they come from???

Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jul, 2008 by   jeremiah 0 Votes
I just found 3 charges of $29.95 from DRI Element5.com that are pending on my credit card????? Before I call the credit card company i'm going to talk to my wife and make sure she didn't order anything online. It smells very fishy though.
 4th of Aug, 2008 by   nathan s 0 Votes
This is a terrible fraude. you got by luck with 29.95.

I have 2 charges for #256.73 & $95.00

then a 3rd for a stardock system of course that company doesn't answer the phones either
 4th of Aug, 2008 by   dave 0 Votes
i also found a double charge of 29.95 each on my credit card on 8/3/08. called & cancelled card. don't know who these folks are or what scam they are running.
 6th of Aug, 2008 by   showgirl 0 Votes
Just found a charge for $29.95 from Drielement5.com after my son used it to order computer parts. This is completely unauthorized! I have complete records of what we ordered and who the payments went to.
 15th of Aug, 2008 by   FREDERICK T KNUTSON 0 Votes
WANT TO CANCEL
 19th of Aug, 2008 by   DJ Sullivan 0 Votes
This is most definitly a scam folks. Found a charge to my card for 29.95 from dri element5.com. I immediatly cancelled the card and i am disputing the charge to my account. Also did a little research to find out that this is some marketing and/or advertising company based in Pompano Beach Florida. This is most definitly a scam. Im not sure how these people aquired my credit info but, in due time I will find out. I also have a phone number, business name, web site address, and street address to this so called company if anyone is interested.
 22nd of Aug, 2008 by   aadz 0 Votes
Go to

'www.element5.info' - Where did this charge on my credit card come from?
element 5 - A Digital River Company You have placed an order for a product-typically, a software product-via the Internet. Your credit card has been charged by element 5 / share-it!. You should have received a confirmation by e-mail at the time the credit card was charged. element 5 / share-it! manage online software sales for tens of thousands of publishers.

Here you can identify orders that are charged to your credit card by this identification code. Please enter into the fields below the last four digits of your credit card number and the e-mail address that you assume was used to place the order, then click "Start search." An overview will then be displayed listing all orders where this credit card number and e-mail address was used.
 24th of Aug, 2008 by   Txspecialgirl 0 Votes
When checking online for charges made to my credit card, I found charges made by DRI element5.com for 29.95 each, still in pending. I do not even know who the company is or what they sell. I did not authorize this Charge I went on line to find out what company this is and it was a website selling (Regcure) back on 07/05/08 i purchase a product Key for SafeCart.com for (Regcure) it was my first time to every buy something on line and now this DRI element5.com for 29.95 is charging me for The same product i purchase from SafeCart.com
 31st of Aug, 2008 by   Ken Krause 0 Votes
I hate when these stupid companies use the different names on the charge than what was the name of the product you actually purchased. I too was dumbfounded by this charge and could not remember spending $15.00. Then I finally found this page and saw the name Share It. I totally forgot I upgraded, my CuCuSoft software that was originally $39.9* when I bought it. CuCuSoft allows you to rip DVD to your Zune or Ipod. Great software by the way. So thank you above for the info. It saved me from cancelling another card. I just had my GM Card stolen last month with almost $400 of fraud charged on it from 6 or 7 different vendors?????

Why can't these companies (banks and vendors) have a 1-800 number on the Paid to line so that we can call. I always suspect that it is fraud if there is no number.

Thanks again and I hope this information helps someone.
 1st of Oct, 2008 by   Laura 0 Votes
Upon researching my pending charge of $29.95 from DRI*element5.com, I have figured out what it is from. This website will tell you, http://ccc.element5.com/ccc/getinfo.html what you purchased and what the charge is for.

I purchased a spyware doctor last year, apparently their website sets you up to renew annually, thus the charge. I have sent the company an email, Support@pctools.com in hopes to get this taken care of.

Good luck to all with it.
 15th of Nov, 2008 by   chris 0 Votes
I did some research and found that pc tools do an automatic update every year on your software via the unauthorized charges on my account.When I spoke with them they claimeed to have sent a varification email which I dont recall seeing. If you have any questions for them just customer service at 1800-764-5783.evidently when you by software from them you are also signed up for a yearly fee for each product you purchase.Some of the products will come out for payment at different times depending on how you ordered them the previous year.
 18th of Nov, 2008 by   Robert F. Landon 0 Votes
I too have been scammed by Dri Elements5.com and confirm its origin is PC Tools.com. I have contacted all parties possibly complicit in fraudulent acts and have contacted both the California and US Attorneys General's Office and Fraud units. My next step is to file a Class Action case against these parties and would seek others to join. Contact RF Landon at info@thec3group.com
 19th of Nov, 2008 by   Robert F. Landon 0 Votes
After threats to both Element5 and PC Tools, I received a credit back. Anyone wishing contact info for either, please email me.
 9th of Dec, 2008 by   onebadninetytwo 0 Votes
boy am i gald i came across this.. 39.95 pending on my checking account... where did that come from? funny thing for pc tools to send the email of my renewal 2 weeks earlier and i get charged by this unknown company today.. like that gentleman said above stupid companies..
 13th of Mar, 2009 by   Mike 0 Votes
Share-it! - Digital River, Inc.
9625 West 76th Street, Suite 150
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
USA

THIS IS WHO THEY ARE

But my charge was legit, I bought software from them
 26th of Mar, 2009 by   John Patersonski 0 Votes
I too had a $29.95 charge which the credit card folks said was for a software charge. I just purchased a PC from a local store 2 months ago. I never used my CC number for anything and I did not use the garbage software antivirus. If somehow these schmucks got my cc number from some database and associated it to my IP address, now that is big brother at its best.
 31st of Mar, 2009 by   caliqueen 0 Votes
I just received an email from the bank stating that there was irregular activity with my debit card. I looked at my statement and saw 2 charges for 29.95 from dri element5.com and one for 9.99 form eslr8.com. I didn't make any online purchases or any software purchases so I don't know how they received my credit card info. Now I have to wait for my bank to place a stop on my card and reissue me another. What a pain in my ***.
 9th of Apr, 2009 by   flashrob 0 Votes
I saw this on my online bank statement: DRI*ELEMENT5.COM

It turned out to be a AUTOMATIC RENEWAL FOR "Registry Mechanic" from PCTools...for 3 licenses at $39.90

It appears they have an "automated annual renewal" similar to many "recurring monthly charges" I get because of subscriptions to STUFF LIKE RHAPSODY, COAST TO COAST RADIO, etc.

I didn't expect it, don't know whether I want it... but I was about to renew a RegCleaner anyway, so I'll probably keep it...just have to download the software again...this by the way, is from Ireland...

...and I didn't get an email from PC Tools on the pending billing date... just don't read all my eamil ontime...

So, at least it WASN'T A PHONY CHG... that's what I was really concerned about.

regards,

flashrob
 9th of Apr, 2009 by   flashrob 0 Votes
correction to my above post: I DID GET AN EMAIL FROM PC TOOLS with access to a full invoice...

flashrob
 14th of May, 2009 by   tntimaging 0 Votes
Got a similar charge. Finally found an "after" email for renewal to a software we no longer have. No notice of renewal time coming. About to quit buying ANYthing on-line. Too many stores in the Phonex area whose charges are recognizable.

3 Reasons Pets Make Bad Holiday Gifts