logo

Plenty of Fish
Fraud and cheating
2. (2 mins ago)
remitguru.com
This company scams people and steals from them
3. (3 mins ago)
PayFlex Systems USA, Inc
Refusal to pay after submitting appropreciate docs
4. (7 mins ago)
Replica scammers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Dreams Beds Complaints & Reviews - This company should not trade!

Dreams Beds Contacts & Informations

Dreams Beds

Posted:    R Chan

This company should not trade!

I ordered a headboard which failed to turn up in 4 weeks as indicated on the invoice (It did turn up on the 30th day with the wrong size though). The branch sales people were most unhelpful. When asked for a refund, they said that I had to phone up the Customer Service Dept. After waiting for over 20 mins on a 0870 number, the customer adviser simply asked me to confirm the cancellation in writing and they would only refund if the goods don't turn up in the next 14 days. This must be my worst customer experience with a public company!!
Comments United Kingdom Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Aug, 2008 by   Claire 0 Votes
I agree with your opinion.

My partner purchased a bed last week. It was faulty and would not assemble. Having rung cutomer services we were told they would call the next day to arrange re-delivery of the faulty part within 5 days. It did not happen. My partner has rung several times and can not get through or is hung up on. It has now distrupted our whole week and now bank holiday weekend as we are having to travel to the store it was bought in to make a face to face complaint.

To add to this, since writing the above and posting it already, today we visited the store, and spoke to the manager who imformed us that they are not allowed to contact customer services, and would receive a fine for doing so. He spent a long period of time complaining to US about how his hands are tied and how we ought to have rang the store directly withint 24 hours, he then handed us off to a less important store assitant, who kept telling us we should ring customer services continually, despite our disputes that they hang up on us.

I warn any one buying a bed their to think hard about it. To summerise, they are admitting to the fault but doing nothing about it, as they say we need to ring customer services, who ignore us. Apparently the fault is registered on the customer service computer program, but beyond that we can't get anything done about it. We only bought the bed becuase they promised delivery on the day of moving in at short notice, but now we are having to sacrifice our weekends sorting this out, and the rest of teh bedroom funature can't be assembled until the bed is, due to space restrictions. This issue has caused us alot of stress and dominoe effect problems and we shall never shop at Dreams again.

If the issue does not get resolved this week I shall be contacting trading standards.
 24th of Aug, 2008 by   Claire 0 Votes
In addition...I personally think 'Nightmare Beds' would be a much better store name!
 17th of Sep, 2008 by   Willaim Smith 0 Votes
We purchased a bed from Dreams Merry Hill branch along with a headboard.

The bed arrived whilst we was on holiday, we paid for the delux delivery and for the removal of the old bed.

They took away the bed but not the old head board. They delivered the new Bed minus the New Head board, weeks later we are still tryin to get this head board that was paid for at a cost of £89.00. The total order being £544.00. All their customer services say is they will investigate. weeks on still the same story. The shop where the puchase was made say they only sell the goods and don'r deal with problems.

For a big company they should try and go back to basics and remember that they reply on us the customer, the versmae people they are treating so badly and by various web sites many others as well.

What a CRAP company
 23rd of Sep, 2008 by   Francesca 0 Votes
The company are quick to take your money! keep you on the phone for hours and then do not refund the correct amount. Customer sevice have no idia what sevice is!!! please think twice... even if you call the warhouse to see if is in stock you may find you are waiting for six week... on top of that they will play you off against the store manager he said she said... say you are comited to somthing even though you have not seen the paper work the store has sent off.
 29th of Sep, 2008 by   emma 0 Votes
Comment from Francesca-The shops will tell you they can not call there head office!!! please they must think we are thick... my advice to you is dont even go there.

As an ex employee of Dreams Head Office (my decision not theirs) this is true, the stores are not allowed to call customer services on behalf of a customer and the store will be fined! this is supposed to stop the stores flooding the line and preventing customers from getting through.I agree that it is a ridiculous rule as most people myself included would get very irrate to have to call a premium rate number and wait 30 minutes for the call to be answered. The bottom line is there is not enough staff to answer the volume of calls recieved every day, yes the sales staff will omit to tell you things so they get the sale as the pressure from the area managers etc is immense to reach target, and the reason the store are not allowed to deal with a complaint( as instructed by the powers that be in Head Office) is because it takes sales staff away from the sales floor!! Iwould not buy from them and I tell everyone I meet to steer clear!!
 1st of May, 2009 by   jean baitup 0 Votes
Why do they spend SO much on advertising when they never follow up on calls? I phoned them two weeks ago, in the morning. There was no-one to take the call. I left a message on their answerphone with my telephone number asking them to phone me. Now, two weeks later, NOTHING! No response from them. I have ordered a new mattress from another company, of course. If they cannot return customers' calls then that message should be on their answerphone. Very, very bad customer relations.
 25th of Jul, 2009 by   Lynne Pitt 0 Votes
I spent over £1800 on an ottoman bed and mattress. When it was delivered, there were no piston brackets so I rang the customer service department who apologised and said they would be ordered and sent ou within 48 hours! This meant me sleeping downstairs on the floor. 6 days later 2 pistons arrived without the brackets so the bed was still unuseable. They then arranged delivery for 3 days later but again, the wrong part was sent. I went to the shop to complain and they sent another delivery that afternoon with a lovely young man who had the foresight to bring a whole bed to make sure I got the corect item. Whilst we finished assembling the bed, I noticed that one of the slats was coming away from the bed frame but by this point, all I wanted to do was to sleep in a bed after 9 nights on the floor! The final straw was when I tried to raise the bed to put spare bedding in the base. It was so heavy, I couldn't lift it and once it was raised, the supports wouldn't hold it up! I will be contacting them today for a refund!
 4th of Sep, 2009 by   big brother 1 0 Votes
Dreams are rip offs who only care about getting their hands on you money!!! than they have no interest whatsoever.I spent over one thousand pounds on a bed which was ment to be deliverd in five days...its now one month and still no bed...today i went into shop and demanded a refunded, to be told my bed is not even in the country by the wharehouse chap...and wont be untill another months time...my son who is disabled has been crying as everytime they say its coming and it doesnt its very upsetting...iam sleeping on sofa while he has my bed...i have four discs in my back damaged and sleeping on the sofa makes it worse...Dreams should not be allowed to trade and they should be heavily fined for the service the not providing...i have never experienced anything so upsetting ...Never again will i shop at Dreams
 18th of Oct, 2009 by   PinkTattoo 0 Votes
I have just recently purchased £1, 500 worth in Dreams Wrexham. I am not happy however with the staff (one member to be really honest) who called me stupid as I didn't want to take credit to buy the bed. She proceeded to inform me I was boring, and when I simply explained i dont like credit (especially in todays climate) I preferred to save up, she stared at me like I had grown 2 heads. The bed/matress/headboard did arrive within 2 weeks, and delivered by two seemingly friendly men, but I guess as they chose to deliver on a saturday, they rushed...alot...and instead of taking the time to turn the matress lengthways to take it up the stairs, they squashed it down and tugged it till it moved took a large amount of plaster off the ceiling above the stairs. There was no appology, they simply turned round and walked out the door. On the plus side, they said delivery was in 2 to 4 weeks, ans it took 2 weeks, the bed/matress.headboard I am thrilled with, but the staff lack severly.
 10th of Feb, 2010 by   ms mehta 0 Votes
poor service and no response to customers complaint. ordered in Nov 2009 and its february and still awating order to complete. No follow up. I am the one who chasing the matter the dreams are not bothered they got their monies!!!
 3rd of Mar, 2011 by   Not impressed with dreams 0 Votes
THIS COMPANY IS A FARCE!!! I ordered a bed from Dreams in Rochdale at the begining of January. Due to problems with different companies in the past about deliveries I informed the company that I would like to collect the bed. I was informed the bed would be ready for collection mid January (the exact date i cannot recall). In mid Jan I called the store to ask if the bed was ready for me to collect it. I was told the bed was not here and they advised I contact customer services to which I did. I was informed by them that it would be ready the begining of Feb. To cut a very very long story short it is now the 3rd March and I have still not been able to collect the bed as there "are problems with the avaliablity of the bed" dont I know it! Not to my suprise they are still advertising the bed online!!! After various dates that the bed would be ready, some of which promise, I still have no bed! In total I have been given 8 different dates! I have spoken to a Manager who told me I could upgrade to a different bed but i would have to pay the difference! but that i would recieve £15 of "goodwill gestures" I decided to do this as I was in real need of the bed. Low and behold the bed I wanted to upgrade to is OUT OF STOCK! After all this, me listening to and believing the company about the different dates it would be ready, i have been given the option to continue to wait for the bed (the new date is 28th March) or recieve a refund. I am furious with this company and advise anyone thinking of going to dreams not to bother uless you are happy to have a long wait, make many very expensive phone calls and be lied to over and over again! This company should not be allowed to trade! Leading bed specialists my a***!
 20th of Oct, 2011 by   Dave BE 0 Votes
Yes Dream beds are anything but dreams, they are a nightmare. Lesson 1 do not buy anything unless you can take it away yourself.
2 Customer service comes way down the list after they have taken your money
 31st of Dec, 2011 by   H Clark 0 Votes
I saw an advert that said they would delivery next day. As I needed a bed fast I went to a store near me and chose a bed. After my payment was processed I was advised that the bed could not be delivered until 21 days. I very reluctantly accepted this as the payment had been processed by card and I know that would take 14 days to reverse. 10 days later I received a call 'to arrange a delivery date'. I advised that I already had one, only to be updated that it would be a further 10 days before the delivery could be made. My response was it they could not deliver on the date agreed when I purchased it then I would like to cancel my order. Their response was quick and curt., although she couldn't cancel the order. I can see no reason why not. I then called the store I bought the bed from and was advised I could not cancel there either and my only option to cancel was to call head office. I called head office and got stuck on an automatic response system. As that failed, I called the store back to be advised head office was closed. I then said if I could not cancel via the store over the phone, I would make one more attempt to cancel via head office in two days time, the next working day and if that did not work I would contact Trading standards. I fully expect that is what is going to happen in two days time.
 24th of Jan, 2012 by   Mary Pas 0 Votes
Hi all,

Before Xmas I bought a tempur mattress from Dreams in Knightsbridge.
The mattress cost me £1709 which is a ridiculous amount of money.
As a gisft for my trade the manager of the store gave me 2 tempur pillows to take with me. The delivery was booked for the 9th of January.
I was given the receipt which indicated that the mattress was priced at 1539 and the pillows 170. I didn't think anything at the time and I thought that that was the only way for them to give me the pillows for 'free'.
While on holidays I called Dreams customer services up and amended my order to a bigger size. The agent confirmed that the difference was 200 and i was asked to go to the store and pay the extra.
To cut a very long story short the delivery was cancelled and not amended and as they could not give me a new estimated delivery and as I was sleeping on the floor (new flat) I decided I could not wait till doom's day and after many frustrating conversations with Dreams I demanded a refund. I spoke to Head Office and the person told me that they could not refund me with the whole amount but only with the mattress price (pillows are now used). I told them that if they want to charge me for something they gave me for free they can go ahead.
The lady laughed and said that she would refund me with the whole amount.
Needless to say that I got a refund for the mattress only.
I found their service utterly ridiculous and frustrating and as a matter of principle I believe I should have been refunded with the whole amount.
Can anyone advice?

27th of Jan, 2012 by   senoir60 0 Votes
I am disabled and ordered a bed from dreams October 2nd 2011 it is now 27th January 2012 and I am still waiting! I have now threatened legal action to recover my costs. You wait almost half an hour on hold at YOUR expense then are told they will ring you back, which they never do!
Very bad company to deal with. At least Dick Turpin had a gun and wore a mask!
 7th of Feb, 2012 by   GeriA 0 Votes
Truly awful company!!! I am amazed they are still trading!!! My mum who is elderly and disabled bought bed, mattress and bedroom furniture from them where they promised much and delivered little...literally. Can't ever get through to customer services on their chargeable 0844 number and the branch staff once they have processed the payment suddenly become singularly unhelpful and won't deal with cancellations or refund and just refer you to customer services. Yes the SAME customer services that don't answer the flippin phone!!! Have written to head office and if they don't refund deposit will be taking it to trading standards.
 17th of Feb, 2012 by   Saund 0 Votes
I wish I had read the comments on this site before I purchased my bed from Dreams. I have now had two faulty beds delivered from Dreams. When the first one arrived faulty I had to ring their unhelpful customer services, who take an average of 25 minutes to answer a call, to ask for a replacement bed. I then had to wait 3 weeks for a replacement bed to be delivered, which was also faulty and had the storage facility of it missing. I have sent this back and have been told that they will forward my details onto another company to authorise the refund, apparently this will take over a week before they will contact me and then from there it will take another 8-10 working days for the refund to be processed. At this moment in time I have very little faith that I will get my money back. I am at a loss as to what to do now as their customer service department is useless and that's if you can even get through to them and the store I bought it from won't help. I can't buy another bed until I get the money back for this one, so currently I have no bed and am becoming more and more stress with the situation. Also the guy that put my bed together was useless, we found screws on the floor under the bed which had either fallen out or he just hadn't bothered screwing the bed together. Every section of dreams is incompetent.
 20th of Feb, 2012 by   DreamsPete 0 Votes
Hi Saund, do you have an order number please so that I can look into this matter for you? Thanks
 20th of Feb, 2012 by   Benzade 0 Votes
My advice to anyone waiting on their order and being given the runaround is to cancel and demand a refund! My wife and I went to Dreams in Wigan on the 26th of December 2011 and ordered a Super King bed costing around £1500. Was told it would take approx 2 weeks to be delivered but due to the time of year and bearing in mind we had had a harsh winter last year maybe 3 weeks on the outside just in case there was any unforeseen problems. "Great!" we thought in three weeks time we will have our brand new bed and was looking forward to it. After 2 weeks we get a phone call from their delivery people to confirm a time "Great!" we think "What a great company does what it says on the tin." Then the next day we get a random phone call from Dreams to inform us our bed will not be delivered on the promised day due to being "Damaged" in transit. "Ok" we think "When can you deliver?" asks my wife " "January the 28th" says the voice on the other end of the phone. Ok not happy about the wait but who wants a faulty bed right? These things happen.
A few days before the 28th my wife receives yet another phone call "RE your order number 123456 unfortunately we won't be able to deliver on that date" "Whyever not?" asks my wife "Well it's not actually been made yet" "Well when will it be made?" asks my wife dubiously "Err Beginning... No Middle...Probably back end of April!" says the voice on the other end of the phone rather enthusiastically. "I don't think so!" says my wife.
And we then started the long road of getting our money refunded. Minus a top sheet which they supposedly gave us free!
This company is a joke they can process your payment for any goods instantly by card in store. But that's all these in our case nice people in store can do. They can't deal with any complaints refunds or problems. You have to call their customer service dept who in turn cannot deal with refunds. The person who does deal with refunds telephones you about five minutes before she is about to clock off for her lunch break at 12 o'clock meaning that if you work she won't get hold of you and when you call back you cannot get hold of her and after 5 o'clock you will go straight to answerphone because she is no longer in her office. She also does not work weekends so again you go straight to answerphone. Any promises to call back are never kept and I believe they ignore any messages you leave either.
So unless you are retired or jobless and have all the time in the world to listen to a 30 second loop of some crackly music your chances of contacting the refund person is slim to none and frankly it would be easier to get an audience with the Queen.
We got our money refunded eventually but only because of the persistence of my wife and It is my firm belief this company will go under eventually so get your refund now while you still can.
Food for thought if the company does go bust and into receivership it can take a very long time to sort out and even then you are not guaranteed to get your full amount back probably only pennies on the pound if anything at all.
 23rd of Feb, 2012 by   beck1 0 Votes
I agree with all these negative comments. This company should not be allowed to trade. Their service, once the order is taken and they have your money is awful. You wait for ages to get through on the phone, and then no one can give you any useful information at all. My bed never came, despite two arranged delivery dates. Its an absolute disgrace. Never buy anything from this store.

Online-Fraud