DonCosa images microdot process

Posted:

Doncosa vs. the first amendment?

4.8
Doncosa Images
New York
doncosa.com
Our first amendment right to free speech is a fantastic thing. It enables companies like Doncosa Images to buy air time on television or create websites and proclaim that their product is the best hair replacement system on the market although this is merely their opinion. It enables them to state that it will not damage your existing hair even if it is already fine and damaged, again this is just their opinion, . They can claim that it is invisible and comfortable to wear. and it also enables them to invite you to come in for a "free" consultation. It is their constitutional right to make these claims. Unfortunately, when their past clients complain that they have had damage to their existing hair caused by the microdot system, that it has created sores on their heads and has been terribly itchy and uncomfortable, or that it is not invisible as was claimed in the infomercial and they post these complaints, Doncosa yells SLANDER!!! When a client like myself post negative reviews on the complaint boards because i feel that I am being charged money unfairly and that the customer service at Doncosa has treated me rudely and that they refuse to send me an itemized bill as is my legal right, they have their attorney send letters to my home threatening me with a law suit for SLANDER in an attempt to bully me into removing my reviews!!! Is it not my constitutional right to freedon of speech that allows me to post a negative review? My intention for writing a negagive review is not to slander the Doncosa company. I have no desire to damage their reputation. I am not looking to put them out of business. I believe a company's reputation and whether they succeed or not is determined by the quality of the product they provide and their customer service to back up the product. If they lose customers it is because of what they lack not because of anything I have written. Anything I have stated here is just my personal opinion, you as a potential Doncosa Image client are free to make up your own mind. And if you still have a problem with this review Mr. James Costa, I suggest you take it up with the Supreme Court.
Complaint comments Comments (6) Complaint country United States Complaint category Beauty & Day Spas

Comments

8th of May, 2009 by    -1 Votes
This message is for any future prospective client who will do their research, as one should, when looking for a hair replacement company. As with any product or company, one cannot satisfy everybody all the time. This would be virtually impossible. However, Doncosa does try to do its best to produce what it promises, as well as address clients’ needs as they arise.

To claim that the Microdot™ Process or any other hair replacement method for that matter will cause damage is hard to identify because the people who come to our establishment have a pre-existing problem that may be on-going (progressive) or genetic. Most of the dissatisfied clients at Doncosa Images are not really clients at all. They are people who joined our program and placed a deposit for the ordering of the hair but then decided to cancel their application appointment. Take for instance the message from Doncosa vs. First Amendment, which happens to be the same person also known as Phoenix, Jane Doe and Iris. This woman came in for our free consultation and after seeing what we had to offer, she decided to join our program. She chose one of our financing programs to pay for the Microdot Process. She would not have to pay any interest and any money down for two years. She then decided she did not want to have her hair application. So Doncosa gave her back 50% of her money, as per their agreement. The deposit was retained for the production of the hair, which was acknowledged by her on her order form.

James Costa is the inventor of the Microdot Process. He welcomes anyone into his consultations so the person can judge for themselves if this process is the best solution for their hair problem. It is a free consultation that is very informative not only on the Microdot method of attachment but also on how to keep hair healthy and strong. If you join our program and then decide to cancel the application for any reason you will always get 50% of your money back as per our agreement with you.

We welcome your interest and wish to share the opportunity to show you how the Microdot Process works on giving you the hair of your dreams.

For more information, call 1-800-462-4373 or visit our website at doncosa.com
 17th of May, 2009 by    +2 Votes
I totally agree with you Stacy Costa, people should always do research on whether a company is reputable or not and whether products are safe to use. That is why the internet complaint boards were started. So people could see both sides or a story and make informed decisions. I strongly suggest prospective clients research this company and make an informed decisions.

Let me address some of your comments to my complaint...

"Most of the dissatisfied clients at Doncosa Images are not really clients at all. They are people who joined our program and placed a deposit for the ordering of the hair but then decided to cancel their application appointment."
Many of the complaints I have read about Doncosa on the complaint boards were written by other people who have stated that that they were previous clients of Doncosa. Their complaints are of such things as sores, hair loss and being itchy and uncomfortable. Not all of them have been about money not returned although many were. Unless you can prove that these claims were indeed written by people who did not experience these problems with your product than your statement is false and misleading.

"She chose one of our financing programs to pay for the Microdot Process."
Although I initially chose to use the financing program, I called to cancel the financing less than 24 hours later BEFORE it had been processed with the financing company. It was then RESUBMITTED A WEEK LATER WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT.

"So Doncosa gave her back 50% of her money, as per their agreement. The deposit was retained for the production of the hair, which was acknowledged by her on her order form."
I was informed by the Salon that no hair had yet been ordered nor were there any services yet performed at the time I canceled my appointment and contract so any expenses that were incurred should not be my responsibility. They were done so after I canceled my contract. I have never received any services other than the free consultation, nor hair. Where is this so called hair for my order? Is it on someone else's head? Did you resell it? When I requested a itemized bill I was denied my request.

"Everyone can have a personal opinion as well as enjoy freedom of speech, but when someone states lies and not the facts and does it in such a way as to hurt that individual or entity, it indeed constitutes slander."
Key phrase here is when someone LIES. I have not lied. My initial reviews on this company were written when I was very upset because I was being unfairly charged $4, 000.00. I have tried to delete or edit my earlier reviews and have been mostly successful but am still in the process of removing and or editing others. Please disregard any of my reviews with the words scam, ripoff, greedy people, or anything stating that you should stay away from this company. They will be deleted as soon as possible. But everything I have stated in my complaints, EVERYTHING is 100% accurate and none of it was said with the intention to hurt the company, nor their reputation. I believe a company's success is determined by the product or service they provide and the customer service to back it up. Anything I have stated is indeed my personal opinion and within my rights to free speech. I have written negative reviews on this company to voice my dissatisfaction both with the company and their customer service and so potential customers can make informed decisions when doing their research.

"If you join our program and then decide to cancel the application for any reason you will always get 50% of your money back as per our agreement with you."
You might want to state that in your infomercial and on your website so people know this before coming to your salon.

thanks.
 14th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am just complaining because it ruined my existing hair and no "patch test" was done as promised.
So many covered up lawsuits that I wish I had looked into before doing this.
Oh, How come none of the women that work there enjoy the "benefits" of the microdot process?
Hmm, interesting.
 21st of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
Complete and total waste of your money, RIP OFF!!! STAY AWAY!
 17th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I am currently filing a lawsuit. Ruined my existing hair, never worked as they said it would, thousands of dollars spent for absolutely nothing. Caveat Emptor!!!
 5th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Keep us posted on your law suit. It should be a class action law suit. They also ruin my hair.

Contact Us