logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (3 mins ago)
Dri*trend Micro Orderfind.com Mn
A charge that was not authorized
2. (7 mins ago)
crystal hues ltd
employee harassment
3. (7 mins ago)
Dri*trend Micro Orderfind.com Mn
Double billed on credit card
4. (16 mins ago)
BP Canada Shingles
Poor Shingle Life - Bad Warranty!
5. (28 mins ago)
United Furniture Industries
Defect in cuddler recliner?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Don McGill Toyota, Katy, Texas Complaints & Reviews - over filling oil damaging car

Don McGill Toyota Contacts & Informations

Don McGill Toyota

Posted: 2012-03-08 by    2000Avalon

over filling oil damaging car

Don McGill Toyota Katy
21555 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX
Katy, Texas
Phone: 832-772-1000
donmcgilltoyotakaty.com
832-772-1000 21555 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX
2-9-2012 Warning Don McGill Toyota – certified mechanics or grease monkeys who damage your car?
I went in November for an oil change.
Checked oil a week before going back in on 2-7-11 told them my oil was over the fill level – so it been that way since November since the last oil change they did.
I got the in take guy to check it, it was over the fill line and to look at the leak in front from the gaskets he said one looks new and one old. Told him it never had a leak before they changed the oil in November and put too much in apparently.
They went to change to oil and came back with it done - so had the service guy check it again – they over filled the oil again, he went back to talk to the aka mechanic – he told the service guy he always puts 5 qts in. Apparently, licenses mechanics can’t use a dip stick to check the oil at Don McGill.
Ok done correct amount of oil.
Left on freeway got off at Fry road since I had burnt oil smell and smoke now coming from my engine, pulled over in shopping center and looked under the hood, oil in the front of the engine was the burnt oil smell and smoke.
Called Don McGill again told them I was on my way back my engine is smoking and smelling like burnt oil. He said he would call the service manager Chad.
I got there showed them, told him the problem from the start them over filling my oil now twice and I never had the front gasket leak – he said it’s a old car – my car is a 2000 Avalon with 101, 000 miles that never leaked before.
Also told him the mechanic told the service guy he always put in 5 qts and never checks it – shows his arrogance that he can’t use a dipstick.
They will go clean the engine. Also, check the machines that calibrate the oil.
The car came back after the engine cleaning, ask him if he checked it, he said no, told him to go check it since he can’t trust what his people are doing and not doing.
In addition, his mechanics are like someone saying I’m a chef and work at McDonalds.
I looked online when I got home about Don McGill Toyota – really sad a lot of complaints from the service dept.
This dealership creates return customers by damaging your car so beware.
Anyone that had an oil change at Don McGill Toyota go check your oil level right now.
Is your oil over filled?
I also called Toyota about it and please get two Toyota dealerships with fewer complaints that I can take my car and truck too. I told Toyota I will file a complaint with the Texas Attorney General also.
Also they over filled the air in my truck tires when I took that in for a oil change too.
Also mentioned when they had a recall about the steering column bracket a few years back I took my car in there, when I was driving home, belt squeal noise, loose belt, so I went to my mechanic to fix it 40.00.
Guess that should have been the warning not to go back to Don McGill Toyota.
Got a call from Ivan 2-9-2012 832-772-1728 told him the entire story, he said it’s a old car and gaskets will leak but not from over filling the oil = Mistruth. Told him to look it up online. Just as if you over fill oil in a mower is just the same if you over fill the oil in a car it will damage the engine and gaskets.
No resolution from them except denial.
I told him I will call Toyota and the Texas attorney general and put up online complaints then see how many people check their oil from having their cars there and see how many people call to complain then.
You should be able to TRUST a TOYOTA DEALERSHIP TO SERVICE AND REPAIR YOUR VEHICLE WITHOUT DAMAGING IT.
Sad what people and companies will do for money.
I won’t ever go back to Don McGill Toyota not even to buy a car. Since the last one I bought the 2000 Avalon purchased in 2004 did not have an interior air filter I found out years later when I wanted to change it.

CC Texas Attorney General
Comments United States Car Dealers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Mar, 2012 by   SandovalAngel 0 Votes
my roomate's ex-wife makes $79/hr on the laptop. She has been out of a job for 9 months but last month her pay was $8641 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Go to this web site CashLazy.com

Congratulations Youve Been Scammed