logo

FALSE ADVERTISING, FRAUD

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Dollar General, Oklahoma Complaints & Reviews - Open on Easter!

Dollar General Contacts & Informations

Dollar General

Posted:    boopy84

Open on Easter!

Dollar General
Oklahoma
thepetitionsite.com
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/stop-dollar-general-from-being-open-on-easter --- SIGN HERE, copy and paste the code in your browser.

Dollar General has now decided to stay open and make its employees work on Easter! For many years, the only days Dollar General were closed were on the days of the Lord: Christmas and Easter.

Many of us thought they were pushing it by being open on Thanksgiving, but this is ridiculous! Easter, as well as Christmas, is a time for our Lord, and family. Even those who do not believe in God should respect the beliefs of others and keep this day Holy.
It's bad enough that Dollar General stores stay open later than 6pm on Sundays, but now they want to force employees to work on a day that should be spent with family and worshipping their Lord?

This is an outrage. I am truly disappointed with this company and its decision to disrespect so many of its employees' religious beliefs.

If you agree, please sign this petition, and we'll get it back to Corporate. Also, do all you can to keep your store from being open on Easter.
Do NOT shop at Dollar General Stores on Easter.
Let's let them (and all other stores open on Easter) know that this is wrong.

Spread the word by passing this on to everyone you know!

Please, even if you don't believe in God, show your respect for others' beliefs by participating in this. Sign this petition and refuse to shop at Dollar General on Easter.

Thank you.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Apr, 2009 by   LeafsFan2005 0 Votes
While it would be nice if they would go back to being closed, it was ultimately not a decision that DG made, but rather one that the customers made. Last year, 2008, DG gave stores the option of being open regular hours on Easter. Some stores took that challenge. Naturally customers came in since practically every other retail establishment out there is open for a few hours on Easter because, yes, there are people out there who can't get their shopping done before the actual day. And since those customers came and DG made money, they decided to be open until 6pm on Easter now.

Thankfully places like Walmart stay closed on Christmas Day so no fear of DG experimenting with being open there, unless they really want every employee in the company to quit, though I'm sure if they did try it, there'd be some customers out there that just HAD to go shopping on Christmas Day to ruin it for everyone.
 2nd of Jul, 2009 by   ANGRY AL +1 Votes
Christ may have risen on Easter Sunday, but "Dollar General's" prices never will! So, save your soul and add up the great savings you'll see!!!
 22nd of Apr, 2011 by   angelonyx2 -3 Votes
I'll agree Dollar General should be closed along with Family Dollar and all the rest that is open this is not fair to the employee .Family Dollar is trying to compete with Dollar General that is why they are open they are afraid Dollar General will make a dollar more than them.you can bet the corporate offices and the ones behind the desk will be off i will do all my shopping on Saturday i will not shop at any store that is open on EASTER AND CHRISTMAS!
 22nd of Apr, 2011 by   immodest +3 Votes
Yay! Open on Easter, and many of you won't be there so the lines will be short, and my shopping experience sweet! Whoo- Hoo!
 24th of Apr, 2011 by   Angie a -4 Votes
This is very unfair and selfish for the corporate offices to make employees of Dollar General and Family Dollar open for Easter. They have families too. Like a poster said earlier... You can bet that they (corporate) wont be open today and will spend time with their families. I am one that have to work today from 9am-7pm and I will miss Easter Dinner with my family because of it. Thanks Alot to the selfish shoppers who have to experience a short line.. Notice you dont have to work today. To those who dont celebrate Christmas or Easter.. would you want to take my place today so I could celebrate my Saviours birth and his ressurection? Doesnt seem fair to me that you are off since you dont believe in Christ.
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   ayinjael -3 Votes
thank god oops i mean our lord dollar general is open today (easter) i needed somethings and fortunately dg was there for me.
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   GoldOpals Opals -2 Votes
Shops open on holidays because of customer demand. If no customers went shopping, the shops would not open! When I used to work at McDonalds, every Good Friday a gentleman would come in, complain that we were being disrespectful and then spend $50.
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   pobarjenkins +3 Votes
If you're going to complain about Dollar General being open on Easter, you better be prepared to sign petitions and support movie theatres, McDonalds, Burger King, Wal-Mart, et cetera.

I would have to agree with Mellen, though. An aquaintance of mine works at a store that is closed on Easter. He has to use his vacation time to make ends meet. Do I believe you should have an option or a shorter shift? Of course, but things don't always work out that way. Business is business, and it can be profitable to stay open on a holiday. If it truly bothers someone, they should do their best not to shop on those days and should try to find another place to work for that isn't open on holidays.
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   pobarjenkins +1 Votes
I also feel the need to mention that there are a lot of other religious holidays that do not get recognized by employers, unfortunately.
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   pobarjenkins +1 Votes
Vacation request is a good idea, Mellen! And you are right about officers and firefighters! Not to mention doctors, and other individuals.
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   boirumcg -8 Votes
I just found a charge for $9.99 from Motricity for Lobbyistalrts on my T-Mobile bill - don't know how it got there, only use this cell as an emergency number! Will be contacting T-Mobile immediately for refund.
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   Angie a -2 Votes
These holidays were closed at one time when we all started working here. Those of you that dont work there, have no idea how much it affects us. I am not the only one in this BIG world, but I do matter to Jesus. I will request time off next year on Easter. I voiced my feelings on this matter because it was about Dollar General opening for the first time on Easter. Police officers and firefighters work all the time regardless of the day. I appreciate all their hard work. I am not a selfish person, and was only voicing my thoughts just like the other posters on here. So yes Mellen.. This affected me more then you know. Please try not to judge me so harshly next time. I wasnt judging anyone, just stated how I felt.
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   Angie a -4 Votes
Oh and I dont get holiday pay.. to work on a holiday. I made regular pay on Easter Sunday. Where some that do work that get paid holidays would had gotten paid time and half per hour. If I had the incentive to work on holidays, I guess I wouldnt had mind so much, not to mention this is my second year working on Easter and missing out on spending time with my family. Yeah I could go find another job that doesnt work holidays, but thats became a thing of the past. I am done stating my opinion here. May God Bless!
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   pobarjenkins +3 Votes
Every job that i have worked, regardless of if it was closed on Easter or open, did not provide holiday pay for Easter. Mellen was speaking for those that genuinely cannot go without any pay just to have Easter off work.

"Yeah I could go find another job that doesnt work holidays, but thats became a thing of the past."
Why? Why can't you bide your time at DG, and then move on to something else? Work your way up the ladder?

"Thanks Alot to the selfish shoppers who have to experience a short line.. Notice you dont have to work today... Doesnt seem fair to me that you are off since you dont believe in Christ."
By the way, you state that you weren't judging anyone. These statements above are EXTREMELY judgemental. Maybe you should not judge so quickly next time yourself.
 30th of Apr, 2011 by   familydolladouchebags -6 Votes
I worked at half of the day on Easter at Family Dollar and you bet your sweet ass that NONE of the salary employees did! Not ONE! To be open til 7pm was rediculous. There was noone in the stores after about 3pm and they lost there asses remaining open til 7pm due to the double time paid out to full time employees and all other overhead! It ruined employee's holidays with their families and YES Easter IS a legal holiday just like Christmas and the CEO most definetally DID NOT do anything except rake in the money we made him that day!!!
 30th of Apr, 2011 by   oparcher +4 Votes
Boofucking hoo douchebag. Here's a quarter, call someone who cares and give me the change.
 30th of Apr, 2011 by   corporatepricks -5 Votes
That was so rude archer! Do you even have a job or are you a welfare recepient that comes into the stores buying junk food for your kids with our tax dollars? Give you the change?! A country song. Explains a lot!!! You inbred tootheless hillbilly! Retail at these companies is brutal work to say the very least. Now go find a JOB and work Easter and Christmas bitch!
 30th of Apr, 2011 by   oparcher  Best Advice +6 Votes
Fuck you prick. I was addressing Dolladouchebag. My comment had nothing to do with the OP's complaint ignoramus. And I have worked many holidays and never whined like a bitch, bitch. I don't do retail, I have a real man's job, wuss.
 30th of Apr, 2011 by   corporatepricks -6 Votes
A "real man's job"? Like what. Wife beating?! Construction?! LOL! You have a lot of opinions and opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. You don't even work retail??? Then why are you opening up your mouth and full spewing out shit!! LOL!!!
 30th of Apr, 2011 by   Aggravated shopper +4 Votes
First to Familydollar Easter is NOT!!! a legal holiday period it is on the same lines as Halloween it is celebrated by some but not by all and some places actually close early for halloween but most dont. As a matter of fact this year, even though it is not Easter it is amongst the same lines, good Friday and Earth Day were on the same day. Numerous schools and businesses had events about Earth Day, but not Good Friday because not everyone has the same religious beliefs.

In regards to some of the postings made regarding whether people should work or get paid extra to work. I think the person that made the comment about the Police or fire service nailed it. Many people dont have a choice and they dont bitch and moan. Should people get kicked out of hospitals and Nursing homes because it is Easter?? Someone has to take care of them. Does that mean that these people that care for others dont believe in God??

What about the gas stations that are open on Easter should they be closed because it is Easter?? I mean if they were closed then people could not travel to see family and may not be able to go to CHURCH for Easter service. I know there are smart enough people to get gas before that day but not everyone.

If a person does not want to work on religious holidays, then tell the employer when applying for the job, most applications say what days are you available, and if it is a resume it is very easy to include your views on when you can work when putting your availability on it.

You Can Mix Your Own Laundry Detergent and Save!

Latest Groups