logo

Skyline Shirts
Scam
4. (1 hr 24 mins ago)
Snap for mOBILE
Placed subscription charge on cell phone bill not ordered
5. (1 hr 24 mins ago)
Greatest Kept Secret Association Invitation
Greatest Kept Secret Association Invitation

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Dog Ear Publishing, Indianapolis, 46268, Indiana Complaints & Reviews - Advertising Fraud

Dog Ear Publishing Contacts & Informations

4010 West 86th Street Suite H
Indianapolis, 46268, Indiana
Phone: 1-866-823-9613
dogearpublishing.net
This company pays Google Adwords to advertise under my book publisher's name "American Book Publishing" so it comes up in searches under my publisher’s name with the intention to harm their reputation with prospective writers researching my publisher by giving false information to win authors over to their company in their deceptive advertisement titled "Don't Use American Book Publishing".

On their advertisement landing page is false information about American Book Publishing. For example they claim my publisher is a self publisher like they are. Not true and I can prove it. They gave me a sizable cash advance book contract and provided all traditional publishing services.

Due to Dog Ear's desperate attempt to find new authors at low cost they fool naive new authors into thinking that my publisher is something that it is not to smear their good name.

This should be illegal and Google should not benefit financially on fraudulent advertising like this.

Any person starting out an advertisement of "Don't Use" and the name of a competitor brand and then telling false information on the link in the advertisement should be banned from doing business or at least those type of Adwords advertisements on Google.

Please contact Google and ask them to refuse this fraudulent advertisement from Dog Ear Publishing.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jul, 2010 by   Kathy Edwards 0 Votes
I checked this out for myself and sure enough the deceptive advertisement showed up in the highest position over the company listing.

I clicked on it and Dog Ear Publisher's page did made many false claims about the other book publishing company, American Book Publishing. After 20 minutes of research with a couple of their authors, and others, I found their claims were completely false. Dog Ear gets away with this by calling it a publisher comparison, actually they are telling writers false information about the other company to make their company look good.

Unfortunately most people won't take the time to research their false statements and find the facts. Dog Ear Publishing is more than an unethical company, they are cutthroat competitors. I hope they get penalized by Google for their fraudulent use of if Google.
 23rd of Feb, 2011 by   Isabella Alesandrs 0 Votes
I am a new writter ana I was woundering what would be the best way to find the right publishing company for me and should i go through a self-publishing company or a regular publish comany where they publish the book for me?

Please let me know because im dealing with the Dog Ear Publishing company right now and trying to find a better publishing company.thank you if you help me out.
 4th of Jun, 2011 by   dwalk33 0 Votes
Same here!
 10th of Sep, 2012 by   Adeomus 0 Votes
To "Isabella Alesandrs" and "dwalk33":
Good Luck, because this is what I have to say for Dog Ear Publishing,

Dog Ear Publishing is based on lie and hides behind mistakes! Not only they ignore you as their customers, they also know how to go around Copy Right laws. I do not recommend this Publisher at all.
Once you pay for their service, everything will change. You will get your phone calls returned! If you do not want something to be added or taken out good luck, they pretty much do what it pleases them under the excuse that they know better and have been in the business much longer than you!
There for they target first time Authors and are good with their sales speeches! You will be better off to do it all yourself in a local print shop, with a much better end result with the color, designs, and much more.
This Dog Ear publishing also claims and has their own style to make their claim look real, that you will receive full amount of the sales. This is a deceiving joke!
 22nd of Feb, 2013 by   Daryl Marshall 0 Votes
I have, yet to be with them.
 22nd of Feb, 2013 by   Daryl Marshall 0 Votes
I have yet to be with them, experience is the best teacher.

Health Care System - Scam Overview