logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
2. (18 mins ago)
scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

DOCUMENT OF AWARD DATA RELEASE DIVISION, East Meadow, New York Complaints & Reviews - SCAM

DOCUMENT OF AWARD DATA RELEASE DIVISION Contacts & Informations

DOCUMENT OF AWARD DATA RELEASE DIVISION

Posted:    pamandkev

SCAM

ISSUANCES OFFICE, PROCEEDINGS DIRECTOR
PO BOX 9000
East Meadow, New York
COMPANY MAILED NOTICE OF CASH AWARD IN AMOUNT OF $1, 400, 000. THEY CLAIM TO BE AN AWARD PAYMENT DATA RELEASE OFFICE WHO REQUIRE A $19.99 PAYABLE TO D.R.D. MAIN OFFICE- PAYMENTS DIRECTOR FOR PROCESSING/RELEASE..APPARENTLY, THEY FEEL SAFE IN THE DECEPTION BY HAVING A LEGITIMATE LOOKING DOCUMENT STATING HOLDER (MY/RECIPIENT'S NAME) HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED FOR THE AWARD PAYMENT DATA RELEASE AS HERE STATED IN THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF $1, 400, 000..."THE AMOUNT HERE TYPED IS GUARANTEED AS REPORTED"..BUT THEN ON OTHER SIDE OF PAGE IS MORE FADED TYPE, IT MENTIONS RECEIVING SOMEM KIND OF SWEEPSTAKES REPORT. IT IS VERY INTENTIONALLY DECEPTIVE, AND GREAT LENGTHS WERE TAKEN TO ACCOMPLISH THE DECEPTION IN ORDER TO HAVE MANY PEOPLE SEND THE $19.99. I PRAY THEY GO TO JAIL...OR BETTER YET, ARE FORCED BY LAW TO FULFILL ALL, OR PART OF THEIR FALSE PROMISE!

Comments United States Sweepstakes
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of May, 2009 by   Erin 0 Votes
i received the same letter today, except i won 2, 200, 000.000 ... nice thought though right???? if anyone won anything there would be no 20$ fee to claim your prize... i hope they do get caught, and as well i hope that they do need to fulfill their promises nationally to everyone that received these notices.. thats not right.. glad i was smart enough to research it first but there are some people that will believe anything, they wish it were true so they believe in it so much, and they fall for it... i hope they get caught with the swiftness!!!
 26th of May, 2009 by   pamandkev 0 Votes
Hi Erin

I also decided to Google the "company" first, and had not mailed in any money...But these predators just really infuriate me. They don't want to work like the rest of us, but want to get rich using deceptive theft. Even worse yet..the economy being what it is, and so many desperate people out there; they saw a opportunity to stalk the already downtrodden. They should all pay, & rot for their deeds!
 15th of Jun, 2009 by   ange 0 Votes
I recieved the same letter today and wanted to check it out. I agree there is no real fee if you have won. What a crock, i'm so sick of these kinds of people doing this to desperate people. Once I got scammed trying to find a job online doing clerical work and paid six bucks via pay pal and was promised a job, my job was the guy telling me how to do the same thing he just did and getting peoples money like that. I was irate with him and said a few choice things. His response was don't hate me becuase I am making money online!!! WHAT is wrong with people.
 21st of Jun, 2009 by   Christian M. Smith 0 Votes
I too! Have recieved this bogus letter! I dwell in the Boston Ma. area and I have gone to channel 4 and channel 5 news to get them to notify the public of scam!...This is infuriating!...I have my fiancai stuck in another country and customs is causing a serious money issue...so for me I had the moment of jubilation, to be able to get her home!!!...Only to find..This is all...@#%&$%!!!...a scam...Thank god! I didnt inform her of what I thought I had!...The trauma swing would of been devestating!...These preditors need to be brought out of their dark hidding places and punished for thier actions of deception and missuse of our laws and people!!! They are causing alot of harm to alot of people!!!
Sincerely,
Christian M. Smith
of Wilmington, MA
 14th of Sep, 2009 by   Aaron Hart 0 Votes
this is not a real award I got a letter from Data Release Division saying that I won 1, 400.000.00 this is a scam fake letter need to be Jail and charge for this matter

Aaron Hart
 16th of Sep, 2009 by   DOULIKMENOW +1 Votes
GOT THE SAME LETTER YESTERDAY, GLAD I CAME TO YOUR WEB SITE FIRST, BUT I HAVE TO AMMIT FOLKS I SENT MY 19.99 ANYWAY.
NOW HOLD ON FOLKS BEFORE YOU GO CALLING ME STUPID PICTURE THIS...
WHEN THEY RECEIVE MY 19.99 (ACTUALLY 20.00) PICTURE THE LOOKS ON THEIR FACE WHEN THEY PULL OUT MY MONOPOLY CASH (LOL), I THINK ALL OF US SHOULD DO THE SAME KINDA LIKE A LITTLE POETIC JUSTICE FOR US ALL.
 16th of Sep, 2009 by   DOULIKMENOW 0 Votes
AMEN
 15th of Jan, 2010 by   carla hazard 0 Votes
i got the same latter saying i won $1, 400, ooo.oo and to send $19.99 for data release on 1/15/2010 thay need to pay us all & go to jail my dad pass away on the same day thay said the entery was posted i thought for amin.realy iwon, fat chance not.very sad i was, what can we do about this?my name is carla hazard e mail is carla.hazard@yahoo.com i want this to be taking care of.
 13th of Mar, 2010 by   sexy's epitome 0 Votes
i recieved a lettler too, and i am not sending in in my tweny book. dont worry god will handle it, because one thing that's for sure, what goes around comes around.
 15th of Mar, 2010 by   carlos johnson 0 Votes
this is not a real company and these people need to be put in gail like any other criminal that breaks the law
 25th of Mar, 2010 by   a_nony_mus 0 Votes
Actually, I don't think it's misleading at all - just read it. First of all, the name of the company is Award Payment Data Release Division -- which indicates, award payment DATA is what will be released to you. All throughout the document it states, "your data / your report / will be released to you upon completion..." etc..etc..Then, when you flip it over, in the first line, (mine was written in clear bold black ink) it says, DRD is a research and reporting service... research and reporting service caught my eye and I knew that all they would do was send me a report of some sort. I googled them anyways...

While I'm not standing up for them, as the letter, when not read through completely and carefully, could possibly mislead one to think that they were getting the sum presented in the the first few lines... However, when you read what is in bold or caps right above that sum-- it does state, "That the holder of this document has been identified for the award payment data release..for the total amount" - meaning to me, that there is information that I have won something somewhere. I can pay them to release that information, just like getting info or access to any other records or access.

I only wanted to bring this to everyone's attention because if you've paid your money and don't get anything back but a paper - and you try taking it to a lawyer, perhaps you have no case as the letter states everywhere that it releases data and not releases or issues prizes. Whoever wrote it, clearly knew how to attack us and hit us where it hurts (the pocket!) but, don't be fooled. Read carefully any of the docs you get and like someone mentioned before, if you have to pay to get the prize, then there is probably no prize to begin with. :-)

ps: kudos to the one who sent in monopoly money! Awesome!
 17th of May, 2010 by   bigsgt7 0 Votes
Hello to all reading this and may GOD! bless you all. Yes this is my 3th letter in 45 days, im sick of these guys. I agress there is no real fee if you have won. What a crock, thisisvery wrong. I spent over 20 years in the ARMY an im getting sicker by the days of these type people, im about to follow the paper trail and put this to a end. Sincerely david mardis, from kentucky.i
 14th of Aug, 2010 by   C C Gilmore +1 Votes
I received the $1.4 mil guarantee letter today 8/14/2010. It's just unfortunate that thousands of people out there not doing their due diligence (research) will fall prey to these crooks. I can only hope that the fact that these crooks are asking for cash will put up a red flag to these people.
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   Melissa Brimm 0 Votes
Melissa Brimm
I received a letter saying I was identified on 8-30-2010 of winnings of $1, 250, 000.00 and all I needed to do was pay $24.99 Prize Payment Data Release Fee in the next 10 days. I wrote them back and told them, if I had really won anything take the $24.99 out of my winnings and send me the rest and I would keep a copy of the letter to show my attorney. needless to say I didn't hear from them again.
 16th of Nov, 2010 by   AnastasiyaB 0 Votes
Hello everyone. Me as naive as I am did send the money but that is beause I am only 18 years and offcourse no common sense. What ever goes around comes around. I dont regret anything I do so let them choke on those 20$ which I owed from tips working at Baskin Robbins. :) They should also consider the saying that "karma is a b****"
So when ever we finally do get this case started I am deffinatly there. For now everyone are just talking but taking is not enough we got to take action! Lets do it!
Anastasiya, Los Angeles.
 14th of Dec, 2010 by   MistyMagic1 -1 Votes
I received this letter in the mail today as well!
Almost fell for it, until I started to read the faded print on the back.
I am thinking this has got to be a scam!
I REFUSE to pay someone for something I have WON!
If you win something, YOU WIN! Simple and true, no BS!
To the senders of this letter:
"May Karma bite you where it hurts most and never let go!"
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   older but wiser 0 Votes
I to just received one of these letters but I sent it back with a note attached telling them to send me my winnings and I would gladly send my payment of 20 dollars.
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   i'll be damned +1 Votes
i just got this piece of s*** letter too, glad i did researh as well, i knew something was up when i read the part of having to send $20 in along with the document, BULLS***...no contest requires you to pay money, if so, it's a scam. i hope they asses get caught and shutdown by the government or whatever authority who has the power to do so.
 1st of Mar, 2011 by   Deanna Cain from Oroville CA 0 Votes
My brother recieved this letter also. I told him that it is a scam, because in reading the very first page I noticed that it did not mention that you have won anything, but kept referring to DATA. so I googled it and sure enough I was right- it is a scam. Just think about it, if they sent out one million of these letters and recieved the $19.95 from half of those people, they will have made ten million dollars and no one wins the $1, 400, 000.00. I absolutly hate people that take advantage of the already opressed, and depressed that are struggeling financially already.
 12th of Mar, 2011 by   Mr. Leslie 0 Votes
I got a letter from Award Payment Data Release Div Robert Richard in my name error explain Lesli Tarrent But name is Leslie Torrent winning of $1.4 million to be release to me I send my Drive I.D and a check for $19.99 I did not hear from then The letter was sign by a Certified mail receipt from Westbury Long Island New York, Now I believe this is a scam fake letter I received more from Long Island New York different town One for 2.46 million

How to Beat Hotel Fees