logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Iranian hospital Dubai...worst hospital with worst surgeons
Iranian hospital Dubai.....worst hospital with worst surgeons
2. (16 mins ago)
Inheritance Scams

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Doctors Value Vision, Clarksville, Tennessee Complaints & Reviews - Guarantee is a fraud!

Doctors Value Vision Contacts & Informations

2801 Wilma Rudolph BLVD #475
Clarksville, Tennessee
Phone: 931-553-8033
drsvaluvision.com
I paid $59.99 to be fitted with a trial pair of contact lenses. When I got up to leave, I told the woman who helped me that I couldn't read anything. She said it would take a few days to get use too them. I told the man at the desk that I couldn't read anything with the contacts. He told me to try them for a day. Getting 1/2 way through the mall headed to my car, I turned around and went back. I knew this was not right. I complained again and was seated in line to see the next doctor. He said, "No wonder you cant read anything"! These are for distance only"!. He told me my eye was shaped where the contacts I needed could or would not work with the shape of my eye. He said he could make on eye where I could see close with a contact and the other eye where I could see distance. How stupid! Could you imagine that.Wop-sided eyes and head. Or he said I could wear the distance contacts and buy a cheap pair of reading glasses to wear so I could see to read with the Value Vision Contacts I paid for from the doctor visit. I could have went to any Dollar General Store and done that in the first place! I paid (for glasses also) over $270.00. What a rip off. They will not refund my fitting fee even though they have a 30 day money back guarantee 100% and the 2nd doc. said he didn't understand why doc. 1 did not inform me. I haven't quit, I will keep going until they do what they say and promise to do. Give me my $59.99 plus the 10% TN tax refund to me. This will be my last time there.
Comments United States Vision, Glasses, Lenses
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jun, 2009 by   coppingrad +1 Votes
I agree, Dr. s Value Vision is a fraud and the employees are not properly trained. I ordered a pair of glasses 3 weeks ago and had to return 4 times because of their mistakes. First they forget to put the coding on my glasses to stop glair, then the reorder of my lenses were scratched. When my lenses arrived for the 3rd time, they were too large for my grames. I asked to speak to a manager, only to be told that there was not one working this weekend so just call on Monday. I just decided to get my money back. Never go to the Wilma Rudolph location in the Goveners Square Mall.
 23rd of Jul, 2009 by   Mirielle 0 Votes
I waited forever for a fitting and by the time they finally came to "help me", i had already picked out a pair of glasses. They did not provide me with my contact lens prescription even though it's against the law now for them NOT to provide it to you. Overall not very satisfied with their service.
 7th of Nov, 2009 by   jwowen 0 Votes
I recently left Wal-Mart vision center to give value vision a try. I had been getting my contacts and glasses through Wal-Mart for over ten years, but I moved in 2006 and when it came time for my next eye checkup, I decided to try Value Vision, because they claimed they could beat Wal-Mart and provided better customer support. Well, my verdict is that I should have stayed with Wal-Mart. The Dr. I've been seeing has diagnosed me with an astigmatism and the contacts cost $125 per box. That's $500 a year for contacts, $110 for the eye exam, and $85 for replacement lenses for my existing frames. To add insult to injury, Value Vision tried to sell me on their 20/20+ club, which costs $29.95. This pkg. advertises that your membership entitles you to 25% off contact lenses, among other other benefits. Just before I took them up on the offer (which would have saved me $125 on just the contacts) the contact lens customer rep told me that the 25% off was 25% off, up to a max of $30. Some discount, huh? There is nothing in the advertisement that says the discount max is $30. I am just wondering who to take this complaint to who has the authority to make them stop deing deceitful in their advertising. Does anyone know? If so, email me at jwowen@hotmail.com. Thanks.
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by   eyebedam 0 Votes
Well I have always gone to Drs. Value Vision with no problems at all. Today I thought Id try Lenscrafters since its alot closer to home. How Disappointed I was. Ive never had a copay or had to pay any extra for glasses My (ins had always covered it) well at Lenscrafters it cost me a 15.00 copay & my glasses were gonna be 240.00 copay. Got the same glasses @ Value vision & picking them up tomorrow. Nothing out of pocket.
 7th of Feb, 2011 by   Lady Trap 0 Votes
On January 4, 2011 I purchased glasses at Drs. ValueVisions pepertual "two for one" sale. At that time I was told it may take as long as ten to fourteen days to make the perscription however, it would normally be only 5 to 10 days. No-line Bi-focal lenses are not all that uncommon. Thirty four days later I cancelled the order, my patience completely exhausted after reciving a plethora of pethetic excuses and apologies from the store manager and district manager. (I suspect that he made a lateral management move from Jack-In-The Box or The Shoe Depot.) After almost putting him in tears, he refunded the purchase. The cost of the eye exam was, of course, not. This leads me to querry the quality of the Doctors perscription. (Assuming he actually WAS a Doctor and not on loan from Hertz Rent a Car).
My rational is this: The quaity of their product is reflected by the service provided.
If you have even the slightest urge to make a purchase from here, FIGHT IT!! You would be better off buying from the Keebler Elfs in a Hollow tree.
 16th of Mar, 2011 by   Haynes 0 Votes
I totally agree that Doctors Value Vision is no value at all. Last year, I bought one pair of glasses and got the second pair free from the Johnson City, TN location. It was a fair price, so I thought that I shopped well. However, it turned out to be quite a headache. The first pair of glasses had to be made FOUR times before they got the prescription right. The second pair had to be made THREE times. That's a total of seven attempts! All in all, the process took almost a month. I won't walk through their door again.
 28th of Mar, 2011 by   Anne Houser 0 Votes
I recently went to the Bristol, Tn. store after being told by my doctor that after cataract surgury I would recieve a free pair of glasses from my insurance company, AARP. I called to verify this and was told this was correct by a receptionist at Value Vision. When I went, they gave me a runaround, and finally told me I would have to pay 20%. I then called AARP and was told that Value Vision was in their network to provide me with the free glasses. They told me to have them call the providers number on the back of my card, which I told the lady at the desk. She left me sitting for two hours, taking other people before me, and during this time she did not make the call, as I was watching her. The lady who assist with the selections of glasses then called me to the back and told me that AARP would not pay for the glasses. They would pay for a $39.95 frame and a line bifocal less my 20%. My husband and myself have been customers of Value Vision for several years, but no more!!!. I am 70 years old, and feel I was treated badly. The ladies at the front desk were very rude, and did not help in any way. If you are a senior citizen, DO NOT GO TO VALUE VISION!!!
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   bluestrat 0 Votes
I went to the Value Vision in Jacksonville Florida last year and I will never go there again. I had to return my glasses 4 times and they still are not right! I got tired of waiting a week and a half for each new pair to come back from the lab, so I have been dealing with blurry vision and headaches for the last year. First the optometrist prescribed progressive lenses. She didn't bother to explain to me that some people have problems with them. They were unbearable. Betty, the incompetent tech couldn't be bothered to explain to me how progressive lenses work. All she did was tell me to look around the room and "find my focus". Huh? I told her I didn't understand what she meant and she just kept repeating the same thing. I had to go home and research on the internet to find out that you need to move your head up and down until what you are looking at comes into focus. How hard would it have been for her to explain that to me? Anyway I end up returning the progressive lenses for normal ones (which still were not right) and I notice my insurance is getting charged $800 for glasses that should only cost $300. I ask incompetent Betty about a refund for the price difference and she tells me that I don't get one because they are "doing me a favor by exchanging them". So they did me a "favor" by prescribing me glasses that gave me migraines and made me dizzy? Isn't that a form of insurance fraud what they did? Do yourself a favor and steer clear of Valuevision at 9397-2 San Jose Blvd, Jacksonville Florida.
 2nd of Jun, 2011 by   Do you think I'm Stupid 0 Votes
I went to Dr.'s Value Vision to get a complete set of single vision glasses. I didn't have insurance so after I saw the prices for frames w/single vision, I asked if they could replace the lenses in my current frames. They said that since they were so old, only 4 years, that they wouldn't be able to get the cut right and there would be gaps. I said "I think that is a way of trying to sell me new frames" and they said they would never do that. I said OK, what if I wanted to take a chance on getting the lenses replaced and deal with the gaps, how much would they cost. The rep. told me $285.00. I about choked! She said, well prices have gone up a lot recently. OK, granted, I know everything has gone up, but that was crazy. So I left and went to Wal-Mart. The rep there said, yes they could definitely replace my lenses with no problems. So I asked how much. The answer shocked me, $70.00! Sweet. And we can have them ready in about 1 week. Well they came in about 4 days and they put the lenses in the frames in about 5 mins. I think Dr.'s Value Vision is a big RIP-OFF, definitely NOT a Value. Watch out in Bristol, TN
 16th of Jun, 2011 by   jim1954 0 Votes
EXTREME CUSTOMER SERVICE - I was extremely suprised at the customer service I recently received at my Doctor's ValuVision store just south of Nashville. 3 weeks ago I scratched one of my eyeglass lenses. A week or so ago, I went to the ValuVision store where I got the glasses last fall, to see if they could buff out the scratch. I was told by the young man who fitted me last fall that nothing could be done, but that he remembered me and he'd just replace it (NO CHARGE!). My wife had to put her hand under my chin to close my mouth, and lead me out the door, as I was in shock! A couple of days ago the store called me, and said the lenses were in. I took my glasses by to get the new lense inserted, and was told by the same young man that he went ahead and had both lenses replaced. I picked up the glasses yesterday, and took him a half dozen gourmet cupcakes. Now I don't know how much replacement lenses would've cost me retail, but I'm sure it was more than the 20 bucks i spent on cupcakes. We all run into - and experience - back customer service. Unfortunately we don't receive great customer service but on rare occassions.
 31st of Oct, 2011 by   isabelle magsby 0 Votes
I have been a customer of the value vision store now located on Wilma Rudolph for many many years. My husband, son and myself have all had contacts from that office and I have never had one problem. They always honor my insurance, I can get an appointment on a moment's notice, and I love the optomitrist that has been there for a while now. It's scary to hear such horror stories...but, I guess that I have been blessed. I am waiting until they open now so that my 13 year old daughter(whose school nurse indicated she may need glasses) can get an appointment to have her eyes examined and prepare to join the family in the glass department. Oh, and by the way, I am soooo nearsided...like -12 and I always get the right kind of contact for the money!
 13th of May, 2013 by   JOYCE STEVENS 0 Votes
I BOUGHT MY GLASSES VALUE VISION IS A RIPP
OFF EYES NO BETTER .TOOK THEM BACK THEY WONTED TO CARGE ME 45 DOLLARS .NEVER WILL I GO BACK THERE AGAIN

Several Tips How to Avoid Internet Scams