logo

THE WEATHER CHANNEL
BROADCASTING OLD FEATURE NON RELATED MOVIES
3. (36 mins ago)
Am Resorts / Unlimited Vacation Club
Misleading and lies - i know because i worked there
4. (54 mins ago)
MMOGA
Fifa coins - Payment check?
5. (1 hr 13 mins ago)
www.mr-wire.com
Seller lied and hasn’t provided my order

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Dixies Little Darlings, Opp, Alabama Complaints & Reviews - Debbie Mitchell aka Debbie Mitchell

Dixies Little Darlings Contacts & Informations

Dixies Little Darlings

Posted:    leslieandreson

Debbie Mitchell aka Debbie Mitchell

Opp, Alabama
Phone: 334-493-0733
This is a warning to anyone would be puppy buyers! Please read this and research the web before buying any puppy from Debbie aka Debra Mitchell who runs a puppy mill by the name of Dixies Little Darlings. she lives in Opp, Alabama and she is a con artist and a scammer.

My 70 year old mother has always had her heart set on a tcup chihuahua but could not afford one as long as she was raising children. Trying to be a good daughter, I searched the internet for a puppy that she could love and spoil as a thank you to the best mom in the world. I happened upon pictures of a little male chihuahua that was advertised as a t cup chihuahua. He looked adorable so I showed the picture to my mom and she was instantly in love. At the time, I did not know much about t cups and what to look for in a good, quality breeder. I should have done my research FIRST. After meeting this woman and taking this puppy home we noticed that even though he seemed happy to have attention and to be played with, he was not interested in eating. We followed all of the instructions that the breeder gave us, the sugar water, sugar on the food, and karo syrup if he started to act like his blood sugar was dropping. We noticed his stool was full of tape worms as well.The very next morning we took him to a vet. The vet could not believe that there was a breeder so irresponsible as to let this puppy leave it's mother at ONLY 5 1/2 weeks old and said we should report her because she had listed his transfer date on his CKC registration as August 4th, NOT July 22nd which was the actual date that she sold him to us and the date she had listed in Kijiji as the date the litter was ready for their new homes (I still have a printed copy of the ad). However, at the time we were just interested in saving the puppy. We kept the puppy and hand fed him through a syringe and gave him Pedialite every 2 hours for another night. The next morning it was Sunday, he was better but we wanted him checked again. The emergency vet vet took one look at his over sized, bulbous head and said there was no way that this puppy was going to make it because he had been born with an over sized soft spot and he was getting water pressure on the brain. He too said that the puppy was much too young to have been sold and he was unhealthy. My mom and I were both in tears in his office and I asked if taking him back to the breeder would help the little guy that we had grown so attached to, by giving him some more time to nurse his mother until he was healthy enough for us to take home with us for the rest of whatever life he may have? The vet said it was worth a try. We met this awful person again and she took the dog but refused to give even part of our money back. I explained to her that we didn't even have to bring the puppy back, we were just trying to do what was best for him and that we wanted him back regardless when he was 10 weeks old because we loved him no matter what. I told her that she could give back 2/3rds of our money and keep the rest as a deposit on him, afterall, we had already spent over $200.00 in vet bills.We called and emailed every day to check on the little pup but each time we receveived answers that did not make sense, she lied and could not keep her story straight. Anyway, not only did we never see the puppy again (she claimed he died but actually sold him to another buyer) she put my mom through the heart break of telling her that her beloved puppy died a gruesome death and then accused us of doing something to him (after she had had him over a week before she claimed he died) and refused to return our deposit. To top it all off she cussed me on the phone, while I was shopping for school supplies at Target with my children of all things, told me I could "lick her a**" and then responded with "BOO HOO" when I told her how sad she had made my mother with everything she had done to us. I know there are bad people in this world but this woman is evil. That poor little puppy was ridden with tape worms when we got him and he was malnourished. I am publishing my story to help others do plenty of research and get a HEALTH CONTRACT when buying! I intend to sue but I also want to get my story out there so others can steer clear of Debra aka Debbie Mitchell and Dixies Little Darlings.

By the way, this is not sour grapes, I have documented emails and recorded telephone calls and affidavits from 2 different vets along with the original CKC papers to prove everything I have stated here.
Comments United States Dog Breeders
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Dec, 2009 by   Desired Pups -1 Votes
It is too bad that I lost a beautiful rare Blue Tea-Cup Chihuahua to such people as these. They had no knowledge, nor did thy listen to my instructions and advice about the dangers of Hypoglacemia and the soft spots that are common in Tea-Cups heads. My attorney and I have tape recordings from them cursing, threatening, slandering and defamation of my character.
All of my babies are born and raised inside my home and shown daily care and attention. They did get a FULL refund and I have the check to prove it which was sent via certified mail. They are not sour grapes...They are SOUR LEMONS! Too bad I had to lose one of my belved babies to them. I have witnesses, statements and pics of him playing and happy as can be the day I met with them. I have a degree as an Animal Care Specialist because I love animals and hve raised them for many years without EVER 1 complaint from ANYONE ! So, what does that say for the LEMON that took the time to type these lies about me?
Please think twice real hard before considering selling them ANY animal !
 10th of Feb, 2010 by   Bama_boy_4_life 0 Votes
I have actually purchased 4 chihuahua's from Debbie and I have had nothing but GREAT experiences in purchasing my pups from her. I will explain why buying from Debbie is the SMART way to go. She has HIGH quality CKC registered pups for $200-$300 (these are usually $600-$1000). I took mine to get vet checked and they found worms in their stool (extremely normal for any pup to have) but after 3 wormings (approximately $20) they were all cleared. They found no other issues with the pups and said that the pups were very healthy. I am thinking that you should have researched the breed a little better leslie before making a purchase. I am sorry you had a bad experience but I HIGHLY suggest Debbie and will definitely buy all of my dog's from her. Thanks a lot Deb.
 8th of Jan, 2011 by   Willie221 0 Votes
Hello! I bought a MIX breed dog from this lady in the summer of '09. Shes a rat terrier/chihuahua mix who was 12 weeks old at the time that i purchased her. Debbie was very sweet on the phone and drove out of her way to meet me halfway. I only paid 50 bucks for my pup and she said that was only to cover the vaccines she'd had so far. When i brought my pup home she had a HORRIBLE tapeworm infestation and it took the vet 4 de-wormings to clear her up but i dont know if id blame that on Debbie, most puppies have worms anyways! Shes the most AMAZING dog ever and i didnt have any trouble with Debbie, she went out of her way and was very sweet and helpful about selling me my first pup...whose now spoiled ROTTEN. Anyways i dunno if this article is true but she didnt seem like the type of lady who would run a puppy mill.
 3rd of Apr, 2011 by   Desired Pups -1 Votes
This is Debra Mitchell owner and Operator of Dixie's Little Darlings and that is exactly what they are to me. Just so you know Leslie Anderson, your complaint has not put a damper on my placing my babies ( puppies ) in GREAT and HAPPY homes, so all the time you took to type your lies was to no avail. I used to use Nemex Plus for wormings on my puppies, but since my Vet's know I have a degree as an Animal Care Specialist I get Panacur wormer and vaccinations from the Vet's office, which is what they use. For you to call me a puppy mill is a flat out lie ! You have NEVER been to my home, therefore that is another one of your lies ! Just ask the MANY people who have been to my home and have been repeat buyers of my babies. They will tell you I have the most beautiful, well cared for dogs and babies they have ever seen. They are raised inside my home and NOT in small cages, but in nice play pens and their own rooms with constant LOVE and CARE. Nice try Leslie Anderson, but no one believes you ! THEY KNOW BETTTER AND WOULD NEVER BELIEVE THE LIES YOU TOLD !!!
 20th of Jul, 2011 by   marissa381 0 Votes
my daughter got a puppy from debra last year shes very beautiful and healthy and gives us alot of love ihave been to her home many times and her animals are well cared there are playpens about i have seen these adorable puppies being groomed and loved debra has an amazing love for all animals thanks debra for sasha precious chambers born aug 18 2010 shes amazing
 18th of Oct, 2011 by   AnnMarieTheFlameThrower 0 Votes
Here is some help for "Tea Cup" puppies.

First don't buy one till it is at least 12 weeks, 14 to 16 weeks is better. If the breeder hands you a bottle of Karo Syrup and Antibiotics with the Tea Cup pup - Hand the pup back to the breeder and turn tail the other way. Why would you want that responsibility?

I have seen True Small Breed puppies from reputable breeders - they do not run a racket such as above.

Also, Vets can be too aggressive with small pups. Read up on Osmolality of IV fluids. If the wrong fluid is put into a small dog - this could easily kill the dog. Some Doctors much less Vets don't understand the concept of Osmolality. You should even question your vet.

Now a days you can't even trust a doctor much less a vet.

If these small dogs are fed the wrong food - they can die young. The small dogs liver and kidneys can not tolerate gluten, by-products, excess sugar, dyes, etc. You HAVE TO FEED THEM GOOD FOOD. Feed them food with the first ingredient being a meat, the next ingredient usually is brown rice. Brown rice - not White Rice. White Rice, White Dog Bones, etc. have been bleached out. Bad thing for small pups. Most of the food in vet's offices are NOT good food. The vets know this too. It causes a cycle and you just end up back at the vet. The next time you are in a vet's office and there is food for sell - look at the ingredients. Bet some of the food has corn syrup - a lot of dog chews have corn syrup. How can a dog's teeth be cleaned with a sugar?

Flea and Tick control can cause seizures and death in small dogs. Revolution is the best for small dogs - it is not a pesticide. Some times it is not strong enough for some areas. Got to Frontline and HeartGuard - be careful with Frontline; the smallest dose is for a 20 pound dog. Would suggest putting half on the dog first and if needed the other half in 2 to 4 weeks. Dribble the Frontline starting at the base of the head and down to the shoulder blades. If you put to much in one spot, it can cause irritation. Also, don't let any other animal or child ingest the Frontline off of your dog - they can become intoxicated, maybe seizures and a small chance of death.

Also, many breeders are using some type of antibiotic to keep the eye staining down. Tylan is a common one. This antibiotic is ok to use if the breeder/vet knows what they are doing. But Tylan will show up false high levels of liver enzymes - think this is the right terminology. And in the true sense the puppy does not have liver problems.

Also, the fontanels should already be close before the puppy goes home with you. This is the soft spot in the skull where the sutures of brain come together. The skull in pups and even human babies are spaced out and the bones do not fuse together till later in life. This gives room for the brain to grow. Any good mom knows about the soft spot in their baby's head.

Also - there aren't many true 3 to 4 pound full grown dogs. Most will end up being 7 to 10 pounds but the breeder will promise you the pup will average out to 4 pounds.

There is no way these issues can me manged for you if you do not have the correct information. If you ask a breeder enough questions - you will start to get a "feel" if they are honest.

I really believe there are many puppies being diagnosed with Parvo. and it is truly another problem. If the puppy was just vaccinated for Parvo - of course, it will show up in a snap test as positive.

Go to the link below and read it - seems to be a good link.

Still NO HATE your way Ms. Desired. You seemed to have made many people happy with your other puppies.

Just help for people to understand what is going on.
 19th of Oct, 2011 by   AnnMarieTheFlameThrower 0 Votes
Hey Ms. Desired,

Here is some help for you:

LeslieAnderson - At least you didn't pay those amounts. None of the puppies on the above site will be under 3 pounds. And at the above site is where the "Reputable Breeders" are - sure.

The puppies are already around 3 pounds in the pictures.
 24th of Oct, 2011 by   Desired Pups 0 Votes
Thanks, I went to the above site and realized I REALLY need to increase my prices and start shipping !
 24th of Oct, 2011 by   WHY DID YOU DO THIS COMPS BOARD 0 Votes
PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE WEBSITES, CRIMINALS, GANGSTERS AND DRUG DEALERS ARE BEHIND THEM!!! THEY ARE RUINING PEOPLES LIVES BY EXTORTING MONEY AND THEY STILL DO NOT REMOVE THE FALSE COMPLAINTS THAT THEY HAVE MADE UP THEM SELVES.

SCAM INFORMER AND COMPLAINTS BOARD ARE OWNED BY THE SAME PEOPLE.

THEY MADE UP UNTRUE COMPLAINTS ABOUT MY COMPANY AND THEN TRIED TO TAKE MONEY FROM ME. I AGREED BUT THEN I WAS ADVISED NOT TO BY SOMEONE WHO PAID THEM BUT THEY PUT THE COMPLAINTS UP AGAIN AND TRIED TO EXTORT MORE MONEY.

I REFUSED TO PAY THEM AND THEY THEN SPREAD THE COMPLAINTS ON ALL THEIR ASSOCIATED WEBSITES AND WHEN I QUESTIONED THEM THEY THREATENED TO KILL ME AND MY FAMILY.

THE GOVERNMENTS AND LAW OF THE INDIVIDUALS COUNTRY MUST PROTECT EVERYONE WHO THIS IS DONE TO. GOOGLE AND HOSTING COMPANIES HAVE RESPONSIBILITIES.
 24th of Oct, 2011 by   AnnMarieTheFlameThrower 0 Votes
Not a problem Ms. Desired Pups.

WHY DID YOU DO THIS COMPS BOARD - If you are telling the truth, why would this website let you put your post on here? Seems they would delete your comment. And if you were so scared - why not use your real name. That way if you do show up missing or dead, the people on this website could inform the proper authorities.

Here is one thing I do know - There have been breeders calling my home and trying to lure me out of my house. Wanda you are not good at disguising your voice. So with that said - all of you do have my real name and the county I live in. So, if I show up missing or dead, please investigate the ring of breeders that I have complained about. Would be careful though. A lot of redneck security around here.

This website will take false reports off of the site if you contact them and give them legitimate information.
 24th of Oct, 2011 by   AnnMarieTheFlameThrower -1 Votes
And for WHY DID YOU DO THIS COMP BOARD -

Why would you put that post here? You do not add up correctly. This post is about breeders - not website scammers.
 24th of Oct, 2011 by   AnnMarieTheFlameThrower -1 Votes
Also WHY DID YOU DO THIS COMPS BOARD -

If you are telling the truth, why would you post it here. This is a complaint about a breeder not a web site scammer.

You do not add up correctly.
 10th of Nov, 2011 by   Help -1 Votes
Not sure Who Mr. Charter.net is with but I DO KNOW THAT YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP.

I did of google of this person's email and it was connected with USDA.gov website.

He acted real fast and now that link is gone - can't find his email any more. Not putting the whole email out - not sure if that is legal. But for REPUTABLE BREEDERS - BEWARE OF EMAILS THAT END WITH CHARTER.NET - these are people trying to buy small dogs to resell as "teacup" puppies.

Now how is that for communication for you Mr. Charter.net
 10th of Nov, 2011 by   Help -1 Votes
So watch out Dixie Girl - you sell your pups cheap - if you have any top notch dogs; they will try to get one out of you.
 10th of Nov, 2011 by   Help -1 Votes
So, watch out Dixie - if you have top notch small pups, they might try to buy them
 26th of Nov, 2011 by   badbreederschangename 0 Votes
may I ask what is top notch small dogs? Are they akc standard? I noted to log on to this site is very easy . I still warn please go to akc website that way when a breeder there turns out to be a scam/artist you are with the only club that will do anything about it.
 26th of Nov, 2011 by   badbreederschangename 0 Votes
to dixie darlings who is your vet ? his/her name and adress phone number also I do not doubt you are a good/great breeder only giving you opt to prove it! This is in no way a challenge only to clear your name .I have seen breeders do this type of reports on others only to discredit good breeders. Please respond to how we as a public can purchase a puppy from you without worrying if this post was true . Why would you sell 4 or 5 dogs to dixie boy or bama boy? do you allow anyone to buty your puppies to rebreed them ? Only asking
 28th of Nov, 2011 by   Help 0 Votes
Hey to badbreederschangename -

The only true way to know if a breeder is telling the truth is to visit their home or kennel. Simple as that. Breeders can and will manipulate AKC paper, dodge AKC investigations, change names of breeder's name on AKC papers and on and on it goes.

I know nothing of Ms. Dixie - I do see that she has sold dogs very inexpensive and has made a lot of Alabama folks happy. She has customers who readily admit every thing about the puppy they received from Ms. Dixie.

As for a top notch dog - read up on the AKC Standards. I breed Maltese - AKC standard is 4 to 7 pounds with black around the eye lids, black nose, black around the lips, and black paw pads. I have a few Top Notch ones and a few ok ones. All are healthy. Guess AKC directory would be your best bet to start with - I advertise there. Would think most disreputable breeders would be weary of advertising with AKC - just a guess. Also, check your local kennel club, check out forums on the breed you want.

Just don't buy one off of the internet. So far, I have been breeding for 4 years and in the hole about 10 grand still. Why? Because I take care of my dogs and pups and refuse to sell to bad people. Lately - had nothing but re-sellers and bad breeders wanting my pups. Could have easily sold my pups to these people for minimal of $1000 but I refused. I had to do research on each caller and person who has emailed me. These bad breeders have spiders following every move I do on my computer. They had blocked me from posting on this board - but as you see, I found out what the bad breeders were doing to my computer.

I may stop breeding because there are too many bad people after my dogs. I live in Alabama too. If I was in, say - Miami, Fl or California - I would be making money already. People in Alabama think it is ok to buy pups from the flea market. The people in this state don't realize what is going on with puppy mills and such. And for some reason they seem to not want to hear about it. Guess ignorance can be bliss.

The best to all of you on this post.
 17th of Dec, 2011 by   Desired Pups 0 Votes
I invite ANY individuals who wish to purchase a puppy or even want to see how my babies are raised to come into my home. Wanna know ? ?? They are raised inside my home with outdoor access to 2 acres of fenced land. They sleep on toddler beds, play pens or plush doggie beds. They are socialized and cared for 24/7 the way they should be. They are my family and yes about 6 share the same bed every night with me. They lick my tears when I cry and snuggle against me when I am sad and dancing when I am happy. Yes, I LOVE my babies no matter what age they are. I don't breed a mama dog out and then sell or give her away. I have many here that have been here with me for over 18 years and have been spayed or neutured. My dogs will remain with me til death do us part. They are my REAL companions. I would much rather have the company of my dogs than idiotic people. With that being said take your comments towards each other to IM or elsewhere. ! I don't have to explain myself to ANYONE !!!
 1st of Mar, 2014 by   kmallard 0 Votes
The dog has a condition that the vet said was pre-existing and if the seller had in fact had him checked out it would have been known. Debra Mitchell also promised registration papers with the dog and I have yet to get them. My puppy has a grim future. Also she will not respond to my requests dB for a vet record.

'Cramming' Your Phone Bill Is Back