logo

Scam

Disney Movie Rewards
Neenah, Wisconsin
disneymovierewards.com
I am battling the corporate giant and getting nowhere...

In October 2006 the Disney Movie Rewards program began and the ONLY reason I decided to participate was a reward advertised for the past 20 months as a "Tour of the Walt Disney Studios." This reward has always been advertised as "Coming Soon" and was to require 2200 points for redemption.

Now they have completely changed the reward to be something that requires 15, 000 or 20, 000 points, instead of the long-advertised 2200 points. Of course they have a disclaimer in their Terms and Conditions which states: "The Program begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on October 3, 2006 and is scheduled to end at 11:59 p.m. ET on February 28, 2010 (the "Redemption Period"), but Sponsor reserves the right to shorten, extend, modify, or cancel the Program, at its discretion, at any time."

Several inquiries I have made over the past year or so were always answered by them responding that the original 2200 point reward was "not yet available".

Their customer service people never have any answers for these questions other than to respond that they can't help me any further.

Is there any hope that you can get them to respond with a solution that is more fair to me and all of the other people who have probably run into this same issue?

Thank you for your time.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Disney Movie Rewards complaints
Disney Movie Rewards - Points collection

Comments

3rd of Aug, 2008 by   sean porras 0 Votes
I too have had issues with the disney rewards program. I now have 12675 points. for those of you who don't know yet some of the rewards that they offer they do not have anymore. for example the the samsung tv. they offer it like alot of their rewards but when you try to redeem your points it gives you the impression that your about to get the reward then rejects it saying that they are out of the product. Well it has been like that for quite some time now. when I called the customer service i was told that the system was slow and that they would fix it to show that they are sold out. well a month went by and it was still being offered. when I called back to let them know that i also have done marketing and that they are only luring people in to purchase their product by offering these rewards. this is unacceptable. you should not offer prizes that you don't have. they are just increasing their sales at our expense. if anyone out their is going to start a class action suit let me in on it. This is not right. when you have all these families buying your product to collect a reward you had better give them that reward or pull it from the site so that people starting don't get taken advantage of. People and their kids are being lied to. This needs to STOP! kujo1a@yahoo.com I think disney should refund us for the movies we purchased because lets face it we know the stores won't take back dvds once they are opened. Its no diffrent than false advertising folks.
 5th of Oct, 2008 by   L.Minto 0 Votes
My problem is this, I joined the program for my four girls who love watching Disney movies. Now that I have gone back to the site to login it won't let me! I keep putting in my correct password yet it keeps coming back invalid!!! It's not. Now all the points I have collected are lost because I can't get in through!!
 27th of Oct, 2008 by   jim 0 Votes
I can't figure out it is even possible to get so many points. I have been part of it since it started and regularly buy their DVDs and see their movies. I have 1, 300 points. Are their some product that people are buying that can earn more than 100 points. I do see that blu ray dvds are 125. But is anything more? I had bought tons of disney movies before they started the program so I don't buy movies I already have and can't get credit for them. I don't get it.
 29th of Nov, 2008 by   Jack 0 Votes
Jim, so far the only way you can get more than 125 for a single code is when they try to boost sales on cirtain film with Bonus points that stay that way for bout a month. hmmm as a matter of fact it says on the site you can get 250 points for Hanna Montana season 1 right now I think that includes 100 bonus points... Seems they give more for TV season dvds cause and more likely to add bonuses on them to boost their sales.
 4th of Dec, 2008 by   Elizabeth 0 Votes
I don't really see what everyone is complaining about. It's a FREE program. Sure, it sucks that you save up for something and then suddenly the rules change or whatever.. but it's FREE. If you don't like the program's policies, don't use it. No one is making you. As someone who has called in to the customer service, from what I understand is the web site is not updated on site. So, for example, with the TV, while it may be out of stock on their end, it takes a while for the web site to update. Or something. Regardless, no one is making you buy Disney products or collect codes. Complaining about it isn't going to make your TV/vacation appear. It's simply not available. Move on.
 12th of Jun, 2011 by   UMmiafan 0 Votes
that's a piss poor excuse "I don't really see what everyone is complaining about. It's a FREE program. Sure, it sucks that you save up for something and then suddenly the rules change or whatever.. but it's FREE. If you don't like the program's policies, don't use it. No one is making you." Are you frickin kidding me????!!! One of the biggest companies in the WORLD!, and you can't update a website instantly?? Come on, take off your blinders. ALL of disney is a scam. Why are they one of the richest comps. yet are sponsored by other corporations in "their" park??!! How can you say you have a program for you customers and then take it away from them. Yes nobody makes you play a game, but if this great wholesome, fine product of a USA company says that they have an incentive program after you just netted them a nice profit for a dvd that cost less than $1 to make, then you should get a little something in return. Can i say i didn't like the park after i spent all day there and get my $$ back?? Why not???

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!! Now for the real reason i'm here. I bought this dam Hanna Montana shimmer art crap thing for my 4yo, , , , , 4 out of the 7 markers are dried up!!! This is pure bs and unacceptable! I spit on mickey! and this is coming from a stock holder!
 7 hrs 22 mins ago by   Cheyenne97 0 Votes
This website does not specifically say anywhere at all that a Disney movies purchased through Amazon Instant Video ( Or Digital Copy) isn't allowed to receive a Magic Code for DisneyMovieRewards, which is very sad because I have 2 Disney movies that say on here that they are eligible titles (Treasure Plant DVD & Lilo & Stitch DVD), however even though I have the receipts for these movies and clearly have them...they are not acceptable because they are simply on my kindle? Didn't think that was going to be an issue, I will let other people know about this because I know plenty of people who purchase movies on their tablets, yet I guess they wouldn't be "eligible" for the movie code that comes with their "eligible" movie title?

*Note to the website: Clarify that Digital copies...do not receive magic codes...had to find this out by a representative on the phone as I was struggling through this website to look for the answer to my Q. It's very misleading when the title is eligible, and people like me clearly have the movie, yet can't receive rewards simply because it's not a hard-copy.

Does Medications Help?