logo

Discount Tire

Posted:    Martin S

Bad service

Discount Tire
Purchase of Tires: On July 24, I took my car to discount tires to have a set of tires put on my car, which resulted in bent rims. I purchased a 2006 Hyundai Sonata from Keffer in Oct. 2009. I keep this car garaged and drive it on occassion. I took my car to Keffer Hyundai to have the tires rotated approximately beginning of July 2010 to find out that there was a knot in the passenger side front tire. The service men at the dealership suggested I not drive the vehicle until I replace the tire. I parked my vehicle and did not drive it until I got the tire replaced which lead me to the appointment scheduled with Discount Tire on July 24, 2010. I keep my vehicle serviced and checked and the dealership discovered no damage to my car other than a knot in the tire. My 2006 Hyundai Sonata ran smoothly prior to the service completed at discount tire. I took my vehicle in on July 24, 2010 to have a set of Arizona low profile tires put on my vehicle accommodating for my vehicle, however once I drove the vehicle home parked it and drove it occassionally the next two weeks it drove with a wobble. I notified discount tire of the problem and they advised me to bring my car back in. Discount Tire checked the vehicle and advised me that the tires were not mounted correctly and they remounted the tires. I drove the vehicle home, drove it a couple of days and discovered the same the wobble which discount tire had confirmed after rechecking the tires that they were not correctly mounted and remounted them, however this did not correct the issue. I contacted discount tire again on 10/4/10 at approximately 11:33am spoke with Matt, another manager at this location advised him of the issue again, he advised me to bring the vehicle back and they would recheck the tires. I advised Matt that I was going on a Military assignment on 10/7/10 and would not return for a couple of weeks but would bring the vehicle back as soon as I return. I took the vehicle back into the shop for recheck on 12/3/10 at approximately 12 noon spoke with Rhodney, manager on duty and he checked with one of his technicians the tires to discover that the problem is due to bent rims which were not bent prior to them putting the tires on my car.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

How to Buy a Photo Printer