logo

Anil Saini
scam
2. (3 mins ago)
www.rumblersgear.com
The seller still hasn’t returned money back
3. (23 mins ago)
zero to hero fitness llc
unable to cancel next payment
4. (25 mins ago)
Mr. Lube - Silvercreek Pkwy, Guelph, ON
Mr Lube is like fast food not good for you or your car!
5. (33 mins ago)
Bidz.com
Steer clear of buying from bidz.com

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Discount Lawn & Tree Service, Amarillo, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Unethical Business Practices

Discount Lawn & Tree Service Contacts & Informations

7910 Thornberry Avenue
Amarillo, Texas
Phone: (806) 231-5405
discountlawnandtree.com
Discount Lawn & Tree Service were hired to replace, replant, and remove all landscaping on my property including trees, shrubs, debris, fencing and railroad ties that were burned in the March 2011 wildfires in north Amarillo. They wanted half the money upfront ($3800), and over the course of one month, they worked one day on my property. The rest of the time was filled with excuses and lies about purchasing landscaping supplies and working on my property. I spent many days checking nurseries and other companies that Discount Lawn & Tree Service told me that they had ordered my landscaping supplies from, and there were no orders from any of these companies. After filing a complaint with the BBB in Amarillo and getting nowhere (the BBB filed my complaint as a "Letter of Experience"), I filed suit against Discount Lawn & Tree Service in Small Claims court. I was awarded judgment and Discount Lawn & Tree Service were given 30 days to refund my money. They have never refunded any money to me. Please do not hire this company!

Discount Lawn & Tree Service Discount Lawn & Tree Service Discount Lawn & Tree Service Discount Lawn & Tree Service Discount Lawn & Tree Service Discount Lawn & Tree Service

Comments United States Home & Garden
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of May, 2012 by   Faithinjustice +1 Votes
Update to Discount Lawn & Tree Unethical Business Practices: Owner Mike Davis contacted me several weeks ago stating that he was running short of cash but that he would send me my refund shortly. Mr. Davis has never refunded the $3800 court ordered down payment and it has been almost one year since my dealings with Mr. Davis. The truth of the matter is never hire a landscaping company that asks for any money up front. You are risking never seeing your money again, in addition to never receiving any work done on your property. The owner, Mr. Mike Davis of Discount Lawn & Tree took advantage of a fire victim, abandoned my property and left it as an eyesore, kept my down payment, and is still in business today.
 24th of Jun, 2012 by   Faithinjustice +1 Votes
If you have been scammed by this company, please contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint online. You should also contact your local county police department.
 25th of Jul, 2012 by   Faithinjustice 0 Votes
Why doesn't the owner do the right thing and return the money to the customer? Why can't the courts help her get her money back? I will never do business with this company until I hear that the owner has returned all this customer's money.
 25th of Jul, 2012 by   Faithinjustice 0 Votes
The questions and comments stated above are feedback that I have received from Amarillo residents after airing my story. The owner, Mike Davis, has never refunded any money court ordered to me. Mr. Davis has stated publicly that he does not intend on refunding my money. Surprised? The courts can only grant you money when you win a case, but they cannot help you recover your lost money. Through the mudslinging and verbal attacks on my character from Mr. Davis, other victims have come forward with similar stories to mine. Discount Lawn & Tree have lost their accredited standing with the Better Business Bureau due to customer complaints. When the Amarillo fire of 2011 swept through my area and caused such devastation, one would have thought that Discount Lawn & Tree would be sympathetic to the cause. Instead, Discount Lawn & Tree took advantage of the situation: they kept my down payment, then I couldn't get them to return to continue or complete the job, nor did they order the landscaping supplies stated on the contract. Sadly this scenario is all to familiar to other victims who have hired this company. This is one local business that I would never recommended to hire for any reason.
 27th of Jul, 2012 by   justme1984 0 Votes
I have actually hired this company and they were VERY VERY good!! Just because there is one complaint on the company doesnt mean they are bad!! There is not one company that can satisfy every single person in the world!! I have truly enjoyed working alongside mike and his company!! They were very knowledge and performed the job with the upmost respect! Only God can judge and God will grant this company business if its in his will or he will not if thats whats in Gods will for this company! May God bless you!
 15th of Oct, 2013 by   StephanH 0 Votes
I also have been scammed by this character MIKE DAVIS(Discount Lawn & Tree). I was charged for services that they never even began and actually had VANDALISM 1 week after I had a confrontation with this drug using business owner. Word is, once he gets paid, he heads to the strip clubs and is involved with use of illegal drugs with his customers cash. I have also run into others that have been scammed. If you want to do business with this type, be prepared to get ripped off and support a drug habit.
 21st of Nov, 2013 by   travis v 0 Votes
i hired discount lawn and tree to do some landscaping at my house and i was overjoyed with the result. owner mike davis and all of his employees were very professional and did great work.

upon completion of the job, i gave mike a cashiers check for the amount of the estimate, $1700, since that was the agreed price. i was happy with the work and thought that it was a bargain. mike came back to my house to give me $100 and told me that the supplies were less expensive than he originally estimated. let me say that again: HE CAME BACK TO MY HOUSE TO GIVE ME MONEY BACK AFTER THE JOB WAS DONE BECAUSE HE REALIZED THAT HE HAD OVER ESTIMATED THE COST OF MATERIALS.

I'm still blown away.