logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Costco
Organic whole milk contains fish oil
2. (19 mins ago)

Directwithhotels

Posted: 2011-06-01 by    Richardvandriesen

Stay away

Directwithhotels
My credit card was deducted $3500 and I did not use it! Directwithhotels insist that I used it when I was certain that I did not use my credit card. They told me maybe someone else was using it but no one has access to my credit card. I am a plant engineer and I could not have used the money for directwithhotels because I do not travel international using my personal credit card. It is fraudulent transaction and directwithhotels.com is very inconsiderate!!! Beware of this directwithhotels.com fraud.

Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jun, 2011 by   melita.eclavea 0 Votes
Hello, Richard. This is Melita from DirectWithHotels. Before anything, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to post this feedback on our services. I assure you that we take all guests’ complaints seriously, and would very much want to help them in any way we can. When I saw your complaint and triggered an internal review of the details provided here, I found out that our CEO also had an internal review conducted 2 months ago, in response to your complaint on measuredup.com, which had the same details. I checked the thread on measuredup (http://directwithhotels-reviews.measuredup.com/Complaint-Directwithhotels-treat-customers-bad-33544), and saw that you did not reply to his update. We would really like to help you, but we won’t be able to do so if you don’t respond to or confirm the details in our updates. You can email me directly at melita.eclavea@directwithhotels.com, so I can help address your problem. I look forward to your response. Thanks in advance.
 13th of Jun, 2011 by   melita.eclavea 0 Votes
Hello again, Richard! It's been 10 days, and we still haven't heard from you. I hope you'll be able to find time to send us an email, because we really would like to help you. We take feedback seriously and would want to make things better for our Hotel Partners and their guests. If what you say truly happened, then let us help you, otherwise I am requesting that you please stop posting such remarks. Thank you.
 10th of Jul, 2011 by   Andreas.smith 0 Votes
DirectWithHotels is a serious company and has a well recognized reputation in its job. What gives an evidence of what I am saying is that DirectWithHotels have quality Certifications like ISO:9001. A help has been offered in this case but no answer has been provided. Richard you should consider an alternative way to act if you are looking forward to get a solution
 11th of Aug, 2012 by   iolaluvrey 0 Votes
Good Day!
I tried booking a hotel reservation today with BSA Tower Makati via their website at: http://www.bsatower-makati.com/location.php After selecting my preferred date of arrival and date of departure, I entered my credit card details and personal details including my email address on the payment page to confirm my reservation. But to my surprise, after several minutes of waiting for the transaction to finish, I was only shown an ERROR page stating that the connection has been reset and possible website has been transferred...

I'm afraid that my credit card will be debited and I don't have any receipt or transaction document to support my reservation to BSA Makati Hotel. Please advise me on this regard.

Teofilo Arnado
 11th of Aug, 2012 by   iolaluvrey 0 Votes
In addition to my complaint earlier, I would like to send you also the error page that I viewed after submitting my credit card details and personal details.

pls. see attached "error page" picture.''

Teofilo Arnado

5th of Sep, 2012 by   Maria GC de Miguel 0 Votes
Hello Arnado,
Good day to you! This is Maria, Brand Manager from DirectWithHotels. Thank you for posting your concern here. We highly value your feedback and we’d like to help you in any way we can.
Regarding your issue with the BSA Towers website, our team has tried to replicate the error so that we can investigate further. As a result, we have found that the reservation button does indeed lead to the booking engine with no issues. We have also done a test booking for this hotel and we did not encounter any errors neither.
Furthermore, we have approached our Finance department and found a successful transaction for Arnado Teofilo Jr. made on August 13, Monday, at 09:48 am. Given the check-in and check-out dates (23 AUG and 24AUG) and the fact that we did not receive any notification from BSA Towers that the reservation was cancelled, nor was it reported as a no-show, we can assume the booking was accommodated. Could you kindly confirm if this indeed was the case?
We sincerely hope that we were able to properly address your concern. Please know that while we embrace online reviews, for technical errors such as this one, we would prefer that you contact us directly so that we can accommodate your issue accordingly. As with the nature of online reviews, it may take us some time to find your post, hence make it more difficult for us to respond to
you and fix your issue within an acceptable timeframe.
That said, we encourage you to contact us at reservations@directwithhotels.com for your reservation concerns, or if you have any further issues. Rest assured that we will assist you as promptly as we can.
I look forward to your reply. Thank you very much!
 26th of Jan, 2013 by   Janice0017467 0 Votes
Yeah, I totally agree, stay away from DIrectHotels because of the following:
1) they have no cancellation policy for El-Nido resort. they will charge you right away even months before the arrival date. So better not sick or die, you cannot get your money back!
2) they are so hard to contact through phone which really makes you worry if they are legit
3) I paid for a room for up to 3 adults and 1 child and when I had to book a flight so my brother-in-law called the resort directly, the resort charged us extra fee for another adult! If I did not pay particular attention, I will be charged again.

This is lesson learned for me, I WILL NEVER NEVER BOOK AGAIN WITH DIRECTWITHHOTELS because they have poor customer service and a big fat scammer! BEWARE
 27th of Jan, 2013 by   MariaGCdeMiguel 0 Votes
Dear Janice,

Good day! This is Maria, Brand Manager from DirectWithHotels. Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is important to us and we'd like to do whatever we can to address your concerns.

1. We can assure you that our Market Management team makes sure that all of our hotel partners offer the best rate plans online, including cancellation and no-show policies. As such, our account managers always ensure that our hotel partners' policies are convenient for all guests to increase room occupancy. Still, if you can kindly provide us with the details of your booking, such as the date, time, and proof of booking confirmation, we will be glad to look into this incident to investigate further.

2. Our hotel support and guest support teams offer 100% fanatical service and are available 24/7. You can be certain that our guests' and hoteliers' concerns are met and solved all over the world. We take customer feedback very seriously.

3. Regarding your booking, we would greatly appreciate it if you could send us the details of this particular resort booking, such as the date, time, confirmation, etc. so that we can further investigate. Rest assured that we will address this resort's policies. We have a strict guideline on what we do as partners with hotels, and we will review our relationship with this particular hotel if these guidelines are not met.

Once again, thank you for raising your issues. We hope to hear from you again soon so that we can assist you in the best way we can
 19th of Mar, 2013 by   rellekmk 0 Votes
I have used Direct With Hotels a few times. No problems and they only debit 10% of the total expected cost.
Additionally I have also cancelled reservations with them and changed reservations with them. No problems so far.
Michael
 5th of Jul, 2013 by   dand1001 0 Votes
I just got screwed by directwithhotels.com as well. In my case they charged me $67.50 per day for Azalea Residences with a non-refundable charge, paid IN ADVANCE by credit card, with NO REFUND or price guarantee.
NOW that I am at the Azalea enjoying my stay- I see that NEW GUESTS can be accommodated by asiatravel.com for $41 plus $11 tax PLUS a refund guarantee and PRICE -MATCH POLICY. Additioinally Hotels.com ($45 plus taxes) offers ONE FREE STAY for every 10 booked and completed stays. I paid 50% too much for the room and the hotel is not willing to make any adjustments. I would definitely book with a service that offers a benefit and a price-match guarantee of the lowest price. In this case I was not a wise consumer.
 5th of Jul, 2013 by   dand1001 0 Votes
Posted email address in an earlier thread also doesn't work, so no use in contacting directwithhotels.com. That response is "ONLY FOR SHOW"

melita.eclavea@directwithhotels.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain directwithhotels.com by aspmx.l.google.com. [2607:f8b0:400e:c02::1a].

The error that the other server returned was:
550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
550 5.1.1 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6596 nu2si6209996pbc.294 - gsmtp
 19th of Oct, 2013 by   shortofsaying 0 Votes
dand1001 -- Please note that the email address melita.eclavea@directwithhotels.com was working...back in 2011, when I was working at DirectWithHotels. It's standard practice to delete or deactivate email addresses of resigned employees, as you're probably aware of.

I am not responding on behalf of DirectWithHotels. The only reason I deigned to comment was because you singled out an email address that carried my name, which would affect my reputation. I hope this clarifies the matter. If you still have complaints, I suggest you contact that other email address specified in more recent posts in this thread.
 6th of Mar, 2014 by   flor7 0 Votes
I want to move my reservation from MArch 6, 2014 (8:15 pm) to March 8, 2014 because the flight was move to March 8 same time... Please kindly asists my request... I don't want to cancel it but only to rebook it... Please..
 1st of Jul, 2014 by   trizreyna 0 Votes
DIRECTWITHOTELS CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY CANCELLED MY BOOKING. THE BELLAVISTA HOTEL IN CEBU ALREADY SAID THAT THERE IS NO CHARGES FOR INDIVIDUAL BOOKING, BUT DIRECTHOTELS ARE KEEP ON CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD, WHAT A FRAUD, I HOPE EVERYONE CAN READ MY REVIEWS AND WILL STAY AWAY FROM DIRECTWITHOTELSLIMITED.COM
 8th of Jul, 2014 by   Owen Ocampo 0 Votes
Directwithhotels is trying to scam me. We mistakenly cancelled our booking in hey! Jude boracay and was charge 50% of the total amount. We reinstate the booking since it was canceled by mistake. I was advise that the 50% will be refunded to my credit card after we checked out. In addition, i was not advised to get an official receipt to show that i indeed stayed there. After we checked out, i email directwithhotels to check my refund, but i was told that i need to get an official receipt for it to be processed. I have been travelling and i know hotels does not issue receipts if you do not ask.

Good thing i have all the email threads from directwithhotels. I am filing a fraud complaint to NBI and to BPI against this company next week if they will not refund my credit card.

Owen Ocampo

New American Dream: Rent, Not Own?

Latest Groups