logo

Posted: 2013-01-26 by    H. E. Smith

scam

DirecTv
Tucson, Arizona
We tried to return a DirecTv box when a subscriber had a stroke and was admitted to a nursing home. They refused to tell us what address to bring it to. They claim they can only speak to the person that is in the nusing home. We left the box in his apartment and now he gets bills from a bill collector. We will never pay this. Perhaps they should adopt a policy where stroke victims don't have to talk on the phone.
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Jul, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I upgraded to a DVR in 10/07, I recently got a better deal with another company after paying such extreme prices with DTV. So when I called to cancel them, they informed me that I signed a 2 year contract and that I was informed about this when I got the DVR. Now if they would have told me this I would have said no, but that’s how they get you. So now they want me to pay them 187.00 on top of my last bill. Well they informed me that they would take the finally fees out of the credit card I have on file, well one problem that card has expired, so it suck to be them uh. I refuse to pay for a fee that I was not informed about. I also called back and requested the contract that I signed, the lady told me it would be 7- 14 days. I only signed a work order. I really think we should get a class action law-suit going, because there full of it.
 23rd of Jul, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
My receiver crashed and they wanted to charge me for a new one. I said no let me cancel my service since my contract had expired. The customer retention person told me that she could send me a receiver with out charge and no new agreement. She also said I could bundle with Embarq. When I called later to bundle they said they don't do it with embarq so I said cancel my service. They then told me I will have to pay an early termination fee. I said for what. They said my extended agreement when I got the replacement box. They are the best cons in the satellite business. The reps are super rude. They are excellent in the business of being rude to customers and not giving you vital info and lying about everything.
 2nd of Sep, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
Beware when signing up for Direct TV. I recently signed up for Direct TV. Two days later, I called to cancel because the service turned out to be inferior to my cable service. When I spoke to Direct TV, they informed that service could only be cancelled within the first 24 hours. After that, I would have to pay a two-year commitment fee (over $400) if I wanted to cancel the service. Additionally, although I initially signed up for the service by calling Direct TV directly, they told me the service was actually installed by a third party, and therefore the cancellation issue out of their (Direct TV's) hands.

First, I was never informed of the 24 hour cancellation policy, nor of the two-year commitment when I signed up. Nor was I informed that the installation service was being performed by an independent third party not directly affiliated with Direct TV -and whose business name I don't even know - which means that any issues outside of the satellite service itself are between me and the unknown third party installation service provider.

This is a crooked business practice that makes you a slave to Direct TV, leaving the consumer with no other options once he/she is trapped in their web. Buyers beware. Direct TV is inferior to cable service in every way possible!
 15th of Dec, 2008 by   cathy 0 Votes
i have also been lied to or scamed buy dtv, ive had them for 10 years my tivo stoped working i called to ask for a replacement, well they dont make the one i had anymore, so the lady on the phone said we can send you a dvr its the exact same thing as tivo i would just have to pay shippihg, i said thats fine. ive had nothing but problems the past 3 and a half months with the box and the tech they send out, due to finacioal reasons i cancelled my service and they tell me i agreed to a 2 year agreement and i now owe them $366.34 for early disconnecting and was told i was sent out a agreement from dtv, lies and more lies now they are saying they sent me a email on the agreement, the box is a refurbashed box that isnt even worth more then 50.00 bucks. they need to get there storys strait at that place. i will be taking this matter as far as i can.
 21st of Apr, 2011 by   martha cook 0 Votes
from day of installation of our directv it never worked properly.directv sent tech. to fix, worked for one day and went out again.canceled service after only three weeks-on the 1st of the next month directv took app. $600, 00 out of account, 63 years old and on a $638.00 fixed disability income. By doing this directv not only wiped out account but caused all checks for reg. bills to bounce, costing $35 per check. At no point that we are aware of, did we sign a contract, and even if we had, why can they charge for an entire year of service then take away said service? We have been violated no matter how you view it!!directv is wrong and should make this right-seeking legal advise on how to proceed...
 31st of Jan, 2013 by   th!sman 0 Votes
Well I guess you let them have their wish - speak to the person in a nursing home! Don't grant them any other request. I d i o t s !

FedEx Commercial with John Moschitta