logo

DirecTV Contacts & Informations

DirecTV

Posted: 2013-04-11 by    nunyabuss

rip off

A while ago a friend asked me if I could pay a bill for them as they had no credit card. I asked first and was told that it would be a one time charge but now DirecTV is stealing money out my account. I disputed the charge but of course direct finance rules in their favor. I will be furthering theft charges with my credit union and I have cancelled my card.

DirecTV is the biggest cable scam out there and I would not subscribe to them if their services were free. The fcc should put them out of business and I will be filing a complaint with the bbb.
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jun, 2008 by   Don Stoneman 0 Votes
My experience with DirecTV was of being over billed, charged for "free" services with a back out credit not issued until the next month, overly complex billing to confuse and disguise the true cost, scripted customer service from India, poor TV reception, a total reluctance by DirecTV to correct the over billing and to fulfill their end of the bargain and a $400 fee to get them out of my life. This is one company I wish I had never encountered; they are, quite simply, crooks with little to no regard for their customers, other than their bank accounts. I should bill them for the hours spent on the phone trying to get the bill corrected. AVOID THESE PEOPLE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!
 9th of Jun, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
DirecTV is a national consumer rip off retailer. They offer great deals take your $200 immediately and say a contract was agreed to verbally which was out and out lie. Nothing was agreed to unless their service and installation was approved by me.

One day later they took another $100 unauthorized money out of my account and told me that they will charge me another $400. for early cancellation of their "contract» Two of their contracts start that a person over 18 has to be here to sign--no one signed anything I had to leave for a doctors appointment and my husband who is blind was the only one here and is not allowed to sign anything
 17th of Sep, 2008 by   Morbo 0 Votes
I have to agree. Try having them make unauthorized deductions from your checking account for Services you never receive and charging you over $800 for two receivers that they took two months to send a shipping carton for...

It never ends with this company!
 13th of Jan, 2009 by   Sandra 0 Votes
I signed-up with Directv in June/July of 2007, when I begin my service with them. I was inform that I was required to make a DEPOSIT of $200.00, because of my credit score. I simple asked the Customer Service rep if I complete the service contract of one-year, will I get the deposit back. She then inform me that there is a $5.00 credit each month from that deposit that will be credit to my statement each month. So I asked again what every is left from that amount when my contract is up I am entitle to that amount. She told me yeah. Around mid-August of 2008, I call again telling customer service rep that I can not afford this service and to see if they can offer me something less. When I was told that I would be paying around $115 a month for basic cable. I proceed to ask about the beginning deposit I put down, if I was to cancel can I still get my deposit back. I was informed that after the last payment is received and equipment is returned, it will take 6 to 8 weeks to get my money. I was okay with that. So on December 1st, I canceled my account with them, I asked the question again just to make sure they would not change anything from what I was told earlier. The rep then said the same thing that once payment comes out of my checking account and the equipment is returned then I can get my deposit back. I asked if I could use the money that was there to cover partial of the last payment bill. I was informed no. They have to take it out of my checking account and then equipment has to be returned, then refund process starts. So I did what I was told, they took the money out equipment was returned. I received final bill stating that I do not owe anything. So I sent an email to directv and this is what it says" I canceled the service in November or December, they took the last payment out. I would like to know when will my refund of the deposit is going to be sent out. Please email me back with the information." This is what they wrote back to me." Thanks for writing. Let me inform you that under the terms of the DIRECTV Customer Agreement, when your DIRECTV service is canceled all outstanding charges are billed to the method of payment we currently have on file. The Customer Agreement is available online at directv.com/agreements. Please see the “Payment Upon Cancellation" section for more information. Please be note that with the payment of $154.52 on 12/07/08, you are account balance is now at $0. Thank you for your patience, and for giving us the chance to respond to your concerns." Which as you can see above this is the payment upon cancellation states: “You acknowledge that you have provided your credit or debit card account information to us. You understand that you will incur fees and charges as a result of your receipt and use of Service and/or Receiving Equipment, and may incur early cancellation fees and/or equipment non-return fees (as specified in any lease, programming or other service agreement you entered into in connection with obtaining Receiving Equipment). By giving us your credit or debit card account information, you authorize us to apply this method of payment, in accordance with applicable law, to satisfy any and all amounts due upon cancellation. You further acknowledge that you are required to maintain current credit or debit card information with us and agree to notify us whenever there is a change in such information, such as a change in the card number or the expiration date. “This has nothing to due with the amount I am currently asking about. They are stealing money and making it legal.

After I read the email I call Directv to ask about my refund, when I got to a customer service rep I was inform that I do not have a refund coming, the amount that I paid was a fee that is non-refundedable, but a credit that is still on my account that pay $5.00 a month until the money is gone. So now I am looking crazy. So make sure that I am not crazy I ask the rep let me get this right I am paying you guys $5.00 a month for nothing, the rep agreed. I was in amazed now, so I just hung up. I called back a couple of minutes later to speak to a supervisor, when the rep got on the phone they advised me that I still can not get the money back, talking to a supervisor will not change anything I was charged a fee not a deposit. So, I told the rep that I would like to speak to someone in charged, they put me on hold to find one. She came back and told me that the supervisor is on the phone and when she is done she will call me back. So I waited until I got home to call back. This time I am upset. I want to talk to a supervisor so I called back and the rep ask if I am calling back about the deposit. I informed him yes, He told me there is nothing that they can do or the supervisor can do I am not getting it back. So I asked the rep where does it state that at in your contract, he told me that it is a policy that have been the company from the beginning. I informed him that I want something in writing that justify this policy, he informed me that there is nothing in writing that they can give me. So, I asked for a supervisor, it seem as if the customer rep did not want to put a supervisor on the phone, so he comes back with the same story from earlier. That she is on the phone with another clnt and she said she can not do anything. I told the rep that when I called last time they told me the same thing, I do not need him telling her what I want but I would like to do so my self. When she got on they phone, she tells me she can not do any thing, if I have a problem write the payment dispute department. I asked if there is any thing in the contract, the policy, any thing writing that I would be aware of that states that I can not get my money back. She said no there is nothing, but what there is, is me accepting this over phone when I paying the deposit. I need to find a way to get this resolved because if they are doing this to me who else is they doing this to. They have a legal document in invisible ink, that they say will stand in court. If you can please help me because it's just not right.
 20th of Sep, 2009 by   heidi009 0 Votes
I tried to cancel my directv service after 14 years of service and at first the person tried to overtalk me and try for me to stay. I told them I just called and want to cancel and to please tell me how to send the equip back. after a yelling match back and forth because they wouldn't allow me to cancel, they switched me to another dept. was put on hold for 20 min because they said I needed to talk to a supervisor to cancel...got another cust serv rep. he told me he was a supervisor and could help me then he tried to charge me an enormous amt for cancellation fees $400. I told him I was not going to pay then he says he has to transfer me to a supervisor because he really wasnt a supervisor (so he lied) another person tells me oh no now I also have to pay for a 2 yr contract early cancellation fee I told them hey I had your svce for 14 yrs so that doesn't make sense then he tried to tell me that I also had to pay additional fees because when their service was down I had to call and complain and that is now going to be charged for their cust serv person to tell me to plug and unplug an will charge me additional chg for 14 yrs total chgs. Then they wanted to chg me for a receiver their cust svce dept sent because their equipment didn't work and couldn't upgrade their update system so to make a long story short. I would NOT recommend DirecTV to anyone. They must be hurting because it seems they try to rip off their customers. Sad to say because I thought that when economic times got better I might go back to them down the road but NO WAY after the way I was treated I would not have this SLIMY company back!
 28th of Dec, 2009 by   RadO71 0 Votes
My complaint is against Directv. Last night at approximately 10:30 p.m. CST I ordered their NFL Sunday Ticket at the full price of $99. No where did it state that this cannot be cancelled once the season started. At 7:00 a.m. CST I called to cancel before I even had the opportunity to use the service. I was told I couldn't cancel the service. I believe this could constitute consumer fraud.
 8th of Nov, 2010 by   Sandro 0 Votes
They lied about the programing, services, and promotions I was to receive. The sales person and the direct mailed offer that I responded to told me I was to get free HBO and Showtime for 3 months, and my bill would be $49.99 after the new customer credits and rebates. I ended up with Starz and Showtime, didn't get the cinema connection I asked for, and didn't get the HD access credit I was promised causing my bill to be $10 higher. The salesperson was overly familiar, calling me Mr. Andrew like I was a 12 year old. He entered my email address and street address wrong, so I had no record of what I was getting or paying for. The installer was very nice, but was late because he drove all over the county looking for a street that didn't exist. The install took extra time because they didn't send him the right parts. Repeated emails and a call to customer service resulted in no help and more lies. All I can say is STAY AWAY FROM DIRECTV!!
 11th of Apr, 2013 by   Common sense 0 Votes
The person you should be angry with is your friend, he's the one that stiffed you by not paying his bill. Unless you were stupid enough to put the account in your name you can dispute the charges with your bank.

Tips How to Save Money on Gasoline