logo

Engine knocking sound

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Directv, El Segundo, California Complaints & Reviews - How you fix Directv billing problems

DIRECTV, LLC Contacts & Informations

Directv

Posted:    former user

How you fix Directv billing problems

Directv
2230 E. imperial hwy
El Segundo, California
Phone: 877-388-4321
I ran into their scam billing/ cancellation problems last year. They claimed I owed a balance when in fact they owed me money for stopping prepaid service early. Well long and short (most people know of the rediculous amounts of time spent on the phone and writing letters to them and their scam collections people) is that you really need to go sue them in small claims court. I did this and won since they never show up for court and you win a default judgment in most cases. I sued for $500 even though they owed me about $20, but after I calculated my time invested...well you guys know even that's not enough. I did it this way:

Go to your local county courthouse, fill out the small claims paperwork. You will need to contact the LA county sheriffs dept. to serve them a summons to court, they will walk you through the process give you the address and payment information to have directv served papers at their headquarters at 2230E. Imperial Hwy El Segundo, CA 90245. I do not have the phone number, but it is the LA county sheriffs Dept. Inglewood branch 1 regent st. Inglewood, CA 90301. They will serve the papers directly to Directv and you will have to appear in your local court against them (if they show up...unlikely). Directv mailed me a check about 60 days after the court notified them of the judgment against them.

Here's what's funny. I got another letter from DTV the other day saying I still owed them the original amount regarless of them losing in court and issuing a check. The stupidity of management here is beyond belief. I am sending one last letter and then I am sueing again if need be. Good luck, hope that helps.
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Aug, 2009 by   djtexas 0 Votes
I have had Direct TV for about 5 years in Texas. The problems that we have are about the same as the cable service provider we had for 3 years and the first service we had in our first apartment 25 years ago, Pay Per View. I dont know if anyone remembers the first Sat TV but it came on around 6pm at night, showed 3 or 4 movies and the last one was rated R or M. Weekends were different I think that they had shows all day and night. The Dish was the size of a dinner plate and the box was the size of an old IBM typewritter. That service was expensive and terrible. The next service we had was cable. Not only was their tech service terrible but it took a law suit with our City to get rid of them finally. That was when we switched to Direct TV. Sure when it starts to rain or the wind gets up over 30mph you will lose the connection and it states Seeking Sat Connection. We had similar problems with the cable when it would crash or a transformer on the elecric pole into the neighborhood would blow the system would be done for days not hours or minutes. But with Direct its only down for a short time with storms.

The single worst part of Direct TV is their website. Too much information overload and since they have been around so long they should have just about every possible Frequently Asked Question available to chose from. Last night I wanted to switch rooms with their service. From a bedroom to our Kitchen. Thats about 230 feet away from the current sat placement. That according to their site wont work. Alternative, add another dish! My home was prewired with thier standard wire requirements thats verified. But, they refuse to wire up my home period. I could do myself but if they became aware they remove our system. Except for the receivers since we purchased those 4 units. Another problem is that on their site it recognizes we have 4 receivers already and questions of that sort are not available. Even though we know we cant have another reiver their site wont let us address the issue of moving a receiver to another room. Therefore we have to call in and speak to someone.

The next problem we have is their billing methods. We have direct prepay. But, if we are 5 days late they can charge us a late fee. And since we recently changed our service to include everything and movies but not sports or adult we have programs that are 20% commercial stations selling crud 24/7. Why are channels included or counted as viewing channels of entertainment? I have heard of people that love to watch commercials and who are lonely old women types in florida or california it seems who watch those shows from their rest homes since there is no one else to keep them company. And it seems on occassion they do purchase some of the crud those stations are selling. Well, why mix those stations in with regular tv stations that are broadcasting shows, movies, sports, news etc? TO DUPE THE BUYER into thinking that they do have 250 channels of viewing pleasure. BS. Again a little less than 50 are 30mins to 1 hour ads for colon blow or how to get someones money using the internet. Place those somewhere is in a group called "Old Ladies Shows" or "BS Shows that want your money and are messing you over because you are stupid or desperate."

In summary, I too hate these services. They all stink and they are all over charging for their services. But, the choice is to purchase an entertainment computer wuth HD screen and sterio speakers and most importantly that has its own remote! Search the internet and see where you can download or sign into sites that offer programming similar to those services but which are free to the public. But, they too have their problems and they do have their limitations. They are mostly free but they are no HBO or ShowTime when it comes to recent movies.
 8th of Dec, 2009 by   William Echard 0 Votes
Foemer Account No. 012933756. After canceling my service as a customer eight months ago(April 1, 2009) directv billing is sending billing statements to my home, and each statement they send, I'm returning. It's asininine to waste each others time. The customer service dept. has been explained the problem several times. Sincerely, William R. Echard

Beware of Haiti Charity Scams