logo

Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
Settlement Amount Fraud
5. (1 hr 11 mins ago)
Racknomore.com
Their customer service is poor

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Directboats.com

Posted:    Filip

Bad business practice

Directboats.com
The following should posted as a warning not to do business with the firm found on GOOGLE to purchase a paddle boat!! To; DirectBoats.com 7-1-06 After placing an order for the 'Pelican' 2006 Energy DLX on May 12, the following chronology occurred in dealing with your inept company; I specifically told JOHN that I was going to our summer home in Cashiers, NC and would only be there from May 21-June 2. He assured me that THE PADDLE BOAT WOULD BE DELIVERED BEFORE JUNE 2. I explained that the delivery before I left NC was a condition of the order. On May 29, I called to see why ABF freight had no record of the shipment from Canada. She told me she would check into it and call me back. (NO CALL) On May 30 I spoke to Roger Lowe, who told me that the shipment was on the way and he would exert his influence to see that it arrived by June 2. He was to call me back with the status. NO CALLS WERE RECVEIVED! We left NC on June 2 as planned and returned to Florida. I spoke with Gwen and asked that the order be cancelled. I asked for Roger to call me and arrange for a credit since the purchase was charged to my visa. On June 15 ABF called to arrange for delivery to NC. I told them to return the boat since there was no one there to accept delivery. I called Gwen again to ask that Roger call. NO CALLS WERE RECEIVED! On June 15, I lodged a protest of the $1196.00 charge to my VISA with the above explanation! Capitol One Bank has creditred my account and debited your account for the charge. The credit was completed on June 30. Today I have made a formal complaint to the Attorney General of the State of Georgia, Better Business Bureau in your County, Google search engine where I fotnd tour website, Yahoo which has a link to your website, Visa International, and Mastercard International. I hope some of my actions cause you to intraspect how you mistreat your customers and causes you some financial PAIN! You have caused me aggravation and wasted time which I find offensive and unecessary! I do not expect an apology or reply since your track record is to IGNIORE PROBLEMS & CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS. You cannot continue to operate your business in this fashion without consequences! I hope the consequences are PAINFUL!!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Jan, 2010 by   directboats.com 0 Votes
No delivery dates are ever guaranteed on delivery because it is out of the directboats.com hands. Freight carriers charge more than boats to guarantee delivery dates. This option was refused by the customer... Customer got a full refund and went completely insane reguarding his order. If you have a birthday party or vacation planned around the delivery of a built to order boat... don't order it, pick one up locally or have a freind sign for your boat when it arrives. This customer obviously didn't have any freinds.
 14th of Apr, 2011 by   dirkdiggle 0 Votes
I cant believe that a company could be so unprofesional! Making comments about a customer being "completely insane" and "having no friends". I would never order anything from DirectBoats.com!
 28th of Apr, 2011 by   D in Georgia 0 Votes
I am having problems with this company as well!! This is the 2nd time the motor has burned out and caused burn marks on my hand due to it. The first time, they gave me a new boat and now they are refusing to do so, saying the warranty is up. They are aware of this problem and say they have gone to a cheaper company for their boats, so the warranty no longer applies! I am going all the way with this one!!
 27th of Jul, 2011 by   David Gillespie 0 Votes
I have not received my boat yet, however I FINALLY have a tracking number. I was to be called back several times by the company, but never was. They didn't even return a call about shipping costs, when I was inquiring about the boat. I hadn't even purchased it yet, I was just curious! (I should have seen the red flag)
I ordered on the 13th and it shipped on the 22nd. However, they must have crappy communication with the factory, because when I finally got a tracking number and the name of the carrier, the boat had already went to 2 cities and is now in transit to the next terminal. That was the 26th. So for 5 days, they couldn't tell me where my boat was or even if it had been shipped. Also they said they shipped the oar brackets and oar locks separate from the boat. No tracking number. I did more research and found out that there are other places to find the Bassmaster Baby Bass, which is the one I ordered. I will say that the reviews on this boat are outstanding. I believe the quality of the boat will be great, I just went through the wrong distributor.
 30th of Sep, 2011 by   directboat.com 0 Votes
Not sure why we as a broker of boats are getting blamed for boat manufacturers warranty periods being up? First D in Georgia complained about getting a free replacement boat? Then she said something about a motor burning up... when, what manufacturer, how old was the boat, did you expect a free motor three years after you didn't put oil in it? Are these real or just posted by our competitors? We answered the last one on our site under boat buyers guides, didn't see it had been posted in two places until now.

This is our response to the last complaint.

Although they carry several, the brand I ordered from the company is Bassmaster, the model is a Bass Baby. (not sure about that, the boat mold was originally built by connect a dock, then purchased by bass hunter boats, sometimes, boats are built for us to exclusively sell them with a different name on them, in this case as far as the name here is the link to the item http://www.directboats.com/bassbaby.html) I have not received my boat yet, however I FINALLY have a tracking number. I was to be called back several times by the company, but never was. (we never promise to call back our customers, only the freight carrier is to call when it at your nearest terminal, the day before delivery) They didn't even return a call about shipping costs, (the shipping costs are posted on our web site on this boat? it's currently 99 dollars to the continental US, it has always been that much, maybe he was talking about another boat quote?) when I was inquiring and I hadn't even purchased it yet, I was just curious! I should have seen the red flag. (you didn't see the 99 dollars shipping cost?) I ordered on the 13th and it shipped on the 22nd. (on the short time of the lead time posted of one to two weeks? So no problem with shipping) However, they must have crappy communication with the factory, because when I finally got a tracking number and the name of the carrier, the boat had already went to 2 cities and is now in transit to the next terminal. That was the 26th. So for 5 days, they couldn't tell me where my boat was or even if it had been shipped. (did we promise a tracking number? we are not the carrier, or the factory, only promise you will get a great boat at a great price, maybe because we answer the phone and say we will try to get a tracking number for you if you ask for one we are to blame, I admit, we shouldn't have tried to help maybe, most people appreciate it.) Also they said they shipped the oar brackets and oar locks separate from the boat. No tracking number. (boat manufacturers sometimes make mistakes and run out of their supplies, they don't build oar locks and brackets, were they late on getting those to you, I doubt it, they probably went to an extra expense to get them to you in a hurry.) I did more research and found out that there are other places to buy my boat. Some dealerships exist as well.(So that is our fault to, yes we have competitors, didn't we have the best price, did we charge sales tax, didn't you get a new one in a box instead of an older one that has been climbed on by a bunch of snotty nosed kids?) I WILL say that the reviews on this boat are outstanding. Out of about 20 reviews, only one person had a bad one, (watch out on those ratings, many times they are ratings posted paid advertisers, your better off to study the boats, and ask knowledgeable sales people or read, like on our web site the buyers guides, not to say that the competing boat manufacturer may not post something negative, just simply saying watch out banking on product ratings) but after reading his post, I think he was a bit rough on the product. (how do you know, you haven't gotten it yet, well... we don't sell cheap Chinese imports, and all manufacturers we sell are USCG approved and US liability insured) I believe the quality of the boat will be great, I just went through the wrong distributor. (why? because this is posted by our competitor iboats.com?) In conclusion, I haven't found anything good about this company posted on the internet, (did you really look?, or do people just complain online, we don't pay companies to give us fake positive ratings, they call all the time and ask us to pay them, we have rejected this concept but our competitors have not, this partially how we keep our prices down.) except testimonials on their website. All I have found are complaints. (where did you find these complaints, were they valid, where are they? only on iboats.com I assume, if this is even a customer.)

(So in summary if this is a customer, the boat was ordered got there on time, a couple of parts were short and shipped UPS, but got there timely, the boat was of great quality... got a tracking number issued from us, also should have had a call from the freight carrier, always got people on the phone, even in the on-season, got a great price, we don't usually get beat on that. Seriously what is the problem, aren't you now happily catching fish?)
 17th of Feb, 2012 by   bsmith1964 0 Votes
This company sucks! Just read the tone of their posts. They are dismissive and down right mean when someone tells the truth about their shady business practices. As far as trying to explain away all their bad ratings as "mean ol competitors" the should perhaps attempt to do an honest days business instead of swindling money from hard working people, then yelling at them when they complain that they were taken advantage of. I for one will never order from this place. I called a few times the other day to speak with their sales team, there are only two people in sales. One is the so called owner, Roger Lowe and the other one was John. As far as I can tell, this company has 5 or so employees and none are in customer service. Buy somewhere else and give this crappy company a wide birth.

Bobby
 6th of Jul, 2012 by   chad w 0 Votes
We purchased a pedal boat and asked that it be delivered before a certain date - it was a week late. We also called to confirm thisThe customer service people are not very nice and when I asked for a discount for the trouble, they said they would not do anything for me. They also said if I wanted to return it, I would have to pay for the original shipping, the return shipping, and a 25%-50% restocking fee. This is a horrible company with ridiculous policies. They have a ( D- ) BBB Rating !!! Buyer beware !!!
 7th of Aug, 2012 by   Bobio 0 Votes
I purchased a pedal boat from Direct Boats and got the best price I could find anywhere. Delivery was a little slow but it was due to the 4th of July falling in the middle of the week. The delivery company called before they made the delivery driver assisted with unloading. It is a great quality pedal boat and the customer service representatives were very helpful during and after the sale. I can only speak on my experience with Direct Boats, but I would highly recommend this company. Bob 7/2012
 15th of Aug, 2012 by   jackro 0 Votes
I purchased a pedal boat as well from this company and received within the two week lead time that the sales rep stated. The staff was very professional and helpful when I called for tracking. I am only speaking from experience and will definitely do business with directboats again.
 29th of Aug, 2012 by   Dan 21 0 Votes
verall Im satisfied with my purchase with DirectBoats.com. The ease of purchase and customer service were the most likeable qualities of making my purchase with DirectBoats.com. They offer several payment options and you can change your billing or shipping information quite easily by writing them a quick email or making a five minute phone call. Their customer service department was good about relaying the current status and location of my order throughout the shipping process. DirectBoats.coms prices were not bad but not the best either. I did manage to find lower prices elsewhere, but stuck with DirectBoats.com because of their stated quick processing and delivery time. My first trip out in my new canoe was very enjoyable, thanks DirectBoats.com!
 7th of Sep, 2012 by   Jeff Fisher 0 Votes
Plain and simple, I have ordered seven boats over the last ten years from this company. I have had a few hickups but they took care of them. We don't have a boat dealer in my town so this is it. I play with them then get tired of them, then sell them. They are very nice people and I hate to see them being put down.
 25th of Sep, 2012 by   PastorSteve 0 Votes
I bought a pedal boat from them 7 weeks ago. It arrived damaged last week. I called in for help and was told that I had to take it up with the freight carrier. I then asked to speak with the sales person only to be told he was out. I have called several times to resolve this issue and am getting more and more angry. I wish i had never done business with this company. I am close to calling my credit card company and letting them take care of it. As the one guy said this place has a D with the BBB, i wish i had listened. On a related note, Dan21's post seems like it was made by the company. He says directcrap.com like 10 times. From the dealings I have had thus far, posting fake reviews seems like par for the course. Proceed at your own risk.
 9th of Oct, 2012 by   KaseyG 0 Votes
We recently bought a boat through this company. We are happy with our purchase It was very easy to make the transaction and the whole thing went off very well. The sales team gave us good advice about the receiving the merchandise from the freight company and they were courteous and helpful when I called and asked a couple of questions. I would like to see them implement an online tracking feature, similar to some of the other online merchants Ive done business with. That would be good information for the customer and should cut down on calls. We had a couple of smaller items missing in the package, but that was a problem with the packaging of the boat. We called the boat manufacturer and they made everything right. Again, it was a good experience and I would do business with DirectBoats again.

Give a Gift That Pays