logo

GSN.COM
GSN is deceptive!
2. (1 hr 11 mins ago)
debspecs.com
Problems with payment and impossible to finish my order on the website
3. (1 hr 18 mins ago)
Ncrowd
4. (1 hr 24 mins ago)
Arm and Hammer / Pet Fresh Carpet Odour Eliminator
Allergic Reaction
5. (1 hr 40 mins ago)
vass siding co., aluminum design & Hank
Actualy Extreamly Pleased With Hank & VASS!!!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Luis Rodriguez

Breach of Contract

Direct TV
Santa Maria, California
Direct TV violated the terms of my contract with them by overcharging my account.
At the time I subscribed with Direct TV I specifically asked for a package deal where no aditional charges, fees nor surcharges or hidden charges will be due at the end of the month. One PAckage that will inlude High Definition for one price and that's it. Otherwise I will not join Direct TV. I was very firm on that.

Customer service rep on the phone tells me that the "HD-DVR PLUS PACKAGE" was the one exactly as I asked for 49.99 a month. With HD and special receiver all for one single price with no extracharges. Price of 49.99 was for 12 months and after that 72.99 for another 12 months.

I had doubts about it so I did not sign. I hang Up the phone. Next day I talked to another Direct TV Cutomer Service rep and she tells me the same thing.

So I signed. And for the first three months everything was ok...billing according to contract terms.

My contract was for 49.99 a month for the first 12 months. And the overcharge was a violation of my contract.

No conversations with Customer Service reps or their supervisors was able to reverse the decision of Direct TV to overcharge me.

I had no choice but to order this provider to stop their services inmediatly and I call my Credit Card Company to stop payment on the overcharge and also to stop payment on the early termination fee ever since it was Direct TV the one that violated the terms of the contract.
Fourth month: To my surprise Dircect Tv decided to charge me the full amount of 72.99 without explanation.

At the fourth month Direct TV decided
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Nov, 2008 by   farid 0 Votes
Stay away from Direct TV:
Direct TV never gave us a form to complete and send in to get the $29.99 monthly rate. Instead, they charged us $#59.99. So we dropped them. We shouldn't have to pay the cancellation fee but better to do business with a reputable company than a corrupt one. Then they said they'd send us a box to send their equipment back in. But they haven't done so. Direct TV reflects all that's terrible with insensitive American corporations who only care about profits and could care less about their customers. Never ever do business with Direct TV. The top managers are greedy and unethical.
 30th of Nov, 2008 by   farid 0 Votes
Stay away from Direct TV:
 12th of Mar, 2009 by   G. Womack 0 Votes
I would like to know if they are pursuing $400 cancellation fee. I also am turning my box back in to them and don't expect to pay a cancellation fee.
 21st of Mar, 2009 by   shayp608 0 Votes
My aunt told me how Dtv was good to her so my husband and I called and signed up for hd package. There was also the special rebate of 20 dollars off for 12 months. Well the installers come and give us a regular dvr plus receiver. My husband gets home and says its not the hd we ordered. I called dtv and they told us we never ordered the hd and there is nothing we could do except pay for the upgrade of 400 to hd. Of course we said no. Our 1st bill comes we are being charged for the hd. I called back again and they credited my acct the difference. The woman said I should call upgrades and they will send me my hd. Of course I call upgrades and they tell me...no sorry you have to pay for it. By then I was done dealing with them. I call to cancel. I get Carl, he appoligized and admitted it was their fault and will send an hd receiver. 3 weeks go by and nothing. I call again got transfered 4-5 times last transfer I get sent all the way to the beginning. Now I'm DONE!!! I get the cancellation dept. tell them everything and say I'm done I want to cancel. They say ok but there will be a early termination fee. I said no...dtv breached the contract by never sending me what I ordered. The is no contract!!! They said sorry but you will be charged. I said I want to speak with someone who can help me. I spoke to a supervisor and manager neither one could do anything. They said I had to write a letter to the president. I was like that will take 2 weeks...you better not charge me for anything until this is handled. I GOT CHARGED 403 DOLLARS!!! My mortgage payment bounced!!! They should have to notify when they take that money out of your account!!!
Well I wrote the BBB and President of DTV!!! THEY BREACHED CONTRACT...NOT ME
 21st of Mar, 2009 by   Kembra 0 Votes
Totally agree! Just wait a year or so and suddenly you will receive a new invoice rebilling your account monthly (even if you paid the termination fee - which I did). Then you start all over again. Don't you just "love" these honest people and companies! Kathy
 22nd of Oct, 2010 by   Not allowed to speak 0 Votes
direct t.v. has tried 3 times to do an automatic debit OUT of my account for their equipment that they have still failed to pick up. my bank caught this and put a hold on my account. when i called in to find out why i couldnt use my card, it was because they saw 3 transactions from direct t.v. for over $400 and $500 each time trying to collect from when i cancelled.

i have never given authorization for them to ever have access to my bank account. i never signed up for automatic withdraw either.

just come pick up the equipment, it has been packaged for over months now. does anyone over there communicate or read notes from the accounts? it would clearly show that the equipment is ready to be picked up.
 5th of Feb, 2012 by   Kim SK 0 Votes
Direct TV will not provide me with a bill because my account is paid with a zerio balance. They continue to charge my credit card after I cancelled service. They refuse to early terminate at $20 per month per their contract till the end of my contract term stating that they will charge $480 termination fee. They are illegally charging my credit card without authorization depsite tellimg them not to do so forcing me to cancel my credit card that I use for all my auto charges. They are breaching their own contract terms. They are charging fees for items declared "free" on the contract. Direct TV deceptive practices, misadvertising, credit card fraud, misuse of government fees.

ID Theft at ATM's