logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Nowlucky.com
Fake charge and no prize
2. (1 mins ago)
ACS Inc USA
Scammers
5. (10 mins ago)
TraderXP.com
Multiple denied withdrawl request, after stating I was approved by phone.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Direct TV
Front Royal, Virginia
Phone: 540-622-6826
lloomis5483@yahoo.com
I have a Bill Here In front of me and It reads 91.93 USD and Direct TV has a bill for 97.17 USD and they have the privilege per my contract that they can access my personal banking account and take my money out of my account.. and my bill has increased 30.00 USD in 30 days ... And no one can give me a reason why this has happened and also they have added a channel to my so called package with out my permission. I would like to discuss this large problem that we have here.. I will be waiting for a phone call by Your complaint dept. No Later than 1-25-2013 Eastern StandardTime Thank You for this Condisteration at this time Mrs. Laura Loomis
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jul, 2008 by   Sick of it 0 Votes
After about an hour EACH MONTH spent on hold and with account representatives at Direct TV...mainly "Billing", I am fed up. Doesn't ANYONE in this company have the ability to put something in record on your account, like a simple change, so it sticks? Apparently not. You talk to one Rep one month who assures you "the change is recorded" only to speak to a different Rep the next month after finding out nope, it sure wasn't, yes indeedy it's on your bill again... Oh THIS time I asked for some kind of confirmation code - NOPE, they don't do that. You just take the word of whoever you are speaking to about the problem that it's fixed. Oh maybe they will...maybe they won't...maybe it's time for lunch and they are late for their manicure appointment and Opps! Overlooked that!

I had signed up with them as part of a package deal billed for their services through my local phone company. One day this all changed and NO ONE could explain to me why. I've paid every single bill either through the phone company or - now - billed directly through them/to them ... only to be sent "double" bills with the excuse of "Oh we ALWAYS bill one month in advance"; if you are caught up JUST HAVING SENT THEM A CHECK, you get a "Past Due/Service Disconnet" massive bill 30 days later with the excuse of "Oh we sent you out a bill, it must have just not gotten to you". WTF? No, it wasn't due until now, you just decided to ignore my last month's legitimate gripes about double billing and choose to do it anyway, now with the excuse of you sent a bill out, I must have just missed it.

Sorry, didn't dust off my crystal ball, having paid last month I didn't anticipate a mid billing cycle/15 day bill for that extra month service you've been trying to stick me with the past 3 months...

Yes, the woman I spoke to today told me I should have ANTICIPATED the extra billing within the past 30 days and in all good concious should have rushed straight to my telephone and called. Uh huh. Nope, the bill IS here, and it is WRONG again, and I'll be you my first born you didn't send out an extra bill between June 11th and July 11th. So from being paid up June 11 --- July 11 I owe you $198 bucks. Just like that.

What a bunch of liars! They will try every spin excuse in the book from "Phone company didn't send us the payment" to "the bill must have been lost in the mail" to "we always bill a month in advance". Yeah, no shit sherlock, that is why I had to debit YOUR FIRST BILL out of my checking account when I signed up...before your guy even showed up to hook up the dish...and haven't missed a payment SINCE but now you want ANOTHER advance payment since you are billing directly instead of through my phone company.

SIgh. Yeah, this is a rant all right. I feel like ranting. Every month I've had to waste the minimum of AN HOUR on the phone, on hold and getting bumped from person to person, blood pressure soaring to near stroke level. But hey, this internet rant is good, my prevailing thought at this moment is to rip the dish off the side of the house with my bare hands, put it on a nice neat pile in the street along with the receivers and remotes, put my truck in 4 wheel drive and drive over the whole sorry ass pile. Several times. Maybe about 25. Because that's what I make an hour, you dickless wonders, and because I've spent about 3 hours in the past 3 months on the phone with you during my working hours, YOU owe ME.

Yes, I will cancel them. Hell I'll even pay the CURRENT PLUS ADVANCE payment I don't owe just to get the hell away from them! From the complaints I am reading about them on the web, that isn't going to be any easy task, either: people are saying when you cancel they will not credit the equipment you return to them for an average of about three months...and bill you for said equipment (back in their possesion) in the meantime. Great, huh? Kind of like a parasite that refuses to leave it's host. Better stock up on the blood pressure meds. Better yet - DON'T SIGN UP WITH DIRECT TV!!!
 11th of Aug, 2008 by   Michael Jordan 0 Votes
I have had nothing but trouble from billing from the day of service till the day of termination. I had the date marked on the calender to terminate service, but they had no record of that call. Instead they had a call dated on the 29, (my second call after receiving a bill) resulting in a 16 dollar charge for 9 days of service. After calling customer and asking for nothing more than a 0 ballence, they said that it was a viable charge and could not do that. I know thay are a big company, and my account will not make a lot of difference in their ledger, but do n0t under any circumstances go with DirectTV for your sat. service. You will pay.
 18th of Sep, 2008 by   cheryl 0 Votes
I recently discontinued my services with Direct TV. Before doing so, I called Direct TV and asked them what date were services paid through, since I had just sent them a check. The person on the phone gave me the date. I waited until about 3 days before this date to discontinue my services and then I learned that I had to pay for that partial month. They said that they would send me a bill for the final bill.

Okay, I received the bill 9/13/08 and it said that it was due upon receipt. Since this was a Saturday, and there is no mail on Sunday, I wrote a check put it in the mail on that Monday morning.

On Thursday 9/18/08, I received another bill for that amount plus a $5.00 late charge and tax. I called Direct TV and spoke with a person which got me NO where, therefore, I asked to speak to a supervisor. I got a "supervisor" who was no help. All she would tell me that I was billed on the 13th. Okay I was billed on the 13th, but how I get it to her any faster than I did. She said they received my payment on the 17th. I even asked to speak someone above the "supervisor" and I was put on hold but somehow got cut off... hmmmmm Makes you wonder?

How can a company charge you a late charge and there was no possible way of me getting it to them any faster? I have no online bank service, so I could not send it them electronically.

What is the world coming to when you try to do things right? I sent them the final payment and I still get sorry treatment like this!!! Is there anyway to stop this company from railroading their customers? I could go on and on and on about Direct TV. That is just one of the many reasons that I discontinued their services anyway.

Is there any help out here? I know that it is only $5.00 plus tax, but just how many of these $5.00 late fees have this company received from other customers in the past and will in the future?
 11th of Oct, 2008 by   roberta j abercrombie 0 Votes
I have been going thru the same thing every month since the first of June. I was suposed be charged 24.99 and I get billed for 52.99. Then they said oh, that promo is no longer available. Well it was when I signed up. Then they said I had to pay this outlandish bill or they were going to disconnect me and I would have to pay for early disconnect or reconnection fee. I didn't owe the money. I could scream. They are also refusing to honor thier 50/50 rebates for referals.
 29th of Oct, 2008 by   Michael Brittain 0 Votes
HD receiver did not work and they came to fix it then after leaving billed us for a service call with out letting us know there would be a charge. I do not like being billed for things that I am not aware of. It is there equipment they should keep it in repair not me.
 31st of Oct, 2008 by   Michele 0 Votes
After 2 months of disputing a bill for connection services and never receiving anything by mail - not a bill, not a reply to my dispute, nothing, DIrecte TV is still unwilling to come to a resolution over the $150 owed. Their customer service reps are powerless and the dispute dept. doesn't take calls, imagine that.
I should say that there were errors on both ends, mine for not marking my calendar that the service was going to restart, and D-TVs for not ever billing me for the services . In fact, I still don't have a single bill or communication. Only several calls from their very nasty collection agency, Allied Interstate
 31st of Oct, 2008 by   Michele 0 Votes
 14th of Nov, 2008 by   Patty Perez 0 Votes
1.When i setup DIRECTTV bk in 09-07 apparently there was a promo for free NFL SUNDAY TICKET.This was not written on my bill from DIRECTTV.
2. This year in 07/08 on my DIRECTTV there was a note saying "FREE RENEWAL NFL SUNDAY TICKET".This was also noted on my 08/08 bill.When it showed up on my 09/08 bill it showed a charge of $41.50 per month for NFL SUNDAY TICKET.
This is going to be a monthly charge for 6 months which comes out to be $249.00 total. I called to drop this service and DIRECTTV said it was too late.I don't and never have watched FOOTBALL.They wont check programming for me to verify it has never been watched at my house.I have written letters and e-mails and now have an order for a different cable provider and DIRECTTV said there was nothing they could do for me. They were sad to see me leave as a client.

I don't have $41.50 a month to pay for a service i have and never will watch.

All i want is someone at DIRECTTV to admit this was a sneaky way of doing business. I never ever order this NFL SUNDAY TICKET.

HELP
 4th of Dec, 2008 by   Lisa 0 Votes
I agree 100% DirecTV are crooks. They are trying to charge me 380.00 for early termination of an account I have had for 10 years. They said its because they sent me a new reciever and they did it just wouldnt work when I got it. So I dumped them and went with dish netowork. Direc TV said it doesnt matter that they couldnt get it to work only that they sent it to me. I mean come on that is just wrong. I have filed a formal complaint with the Attorney Generals office . Please do the same and maybe we can get a class action law suit together.
 16th of Dec, 2008 by   Angi 0 Votes
I am SOOO sick of these corporations!!! First they terminate my service without my prior knowledge, and I was current, by mistake. Then the deduct almost $500 from my account for the early termination fees!! Two weeks later they put the money back but not after I have incurred $300 in bounced check fees thanks to the unauthorized withdrawal. Now a week before Christmas, with my husband laid off, Direct TV is fighting me to pay back the fees and I can't even pay my morgage! But all these big companies cry that they are hurting financially. They have NO idea what that means. Putting food on the table and paying electric and heat, now thats what is important. I will never watch Direct TV again for as long as I live and will proceed to tell EVERYONE about this, including the govenor and attorney generals office. Thank you for letting me vent!
 15th of Jan, 2009 by   Madds0963 0 Votes
Direct TV wants me to pay a bill that is not due for 10 more days. I have a past due balance to of 141. to restore service and they will not restore until I pay 280. that my statement says is NOT DUE until the 25th of the month. Today is the 15th. Direct TV has never had good customer service. I have put in 4 calls to them today. They claim in order to talk to a supervisor they need to take a call back number and return your call... Its been 3-4 inbetween calls and I still have not received my call back that they promised. DO NOT USE DIRECT TV... Stick with you local cable company and you are sure to have excellent service compared to Direct TV.
 16th of Jan, 2009 by   Direct TV 0 Votes
We are not receiving our bill and have been charged with late charges. We don't have our bill for January.
 26th of Feb, 2009 by   E4me 0 Votes
Direct TV is Awful! They got my order wrong, they got my billing address wrong, and they didn't install my equipment properly. I can't get them to come back to my house and fix it, I was told WHILE they were installing my cable that I needed to make another service call to complete the installation! I made the call, and was told I would have to wait another week! Four days later I called to get my billing address fixed and I figured that I better verify my appointment. They told me it had been canceled, then transferred me. The next person I spoke with said that it was never scheduled. I said I wanted to cancel my service and was told because I ordered Spanish chanels for my bi-lingual boyfriend (I don't speak Spanish) that I have to get my issues resolved by the Spanish Department!?! All four of the people I have spoken to speak English about as well as I speak Spanish, so now I really have no idea what is going on with my account. I have complained everyday at least twice a day for the past week, which is about as long as I have had my service. I have already reported them to the Better Business Bureau and notified my bank not to accept ANY charges from them, and to reverse the charges already paid.
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   Dotchie 0 Votes
They're fraudulent in their ad of no equipment to buy.
 14th of Apr, 2009 by   john hierholzer 0 Votes
i am completely dissatisfied with direct tv's sly way of handling their sales and billing. they do not tell you of all the hidden and automatic additions they have when you sign up. how can a company stay in business after bilking so many people in their sly underhanded way.
they give you 3 months of free movie with the promise of 6 more additional if you sign up now. i am not a movie fan so it doesn't really interest me, but to slyly automatically add the movie channels after three months without even be given a chance to refuse is awfully under handed business.
i was given a pep talk by a direct tv subscriber but i'll bet he didn't have his installation very long to find out all their charges. it's about time the government agency step in and control this cheating form of business.
also it would be a great help if you could call them and talk to someone who speaks english. after spending five minutes or so on the phone i finally had to give up and hang up, disgusted. told the girl i couldn't understand her and to transfer me to another sales rep. i hung up and called again but wound up with the same sales person and no satisfaction, hung up again, disgusted.
 14th of Apr, 2009 by   Unclereeky 0 Votes
I agree with you whole heartedly. I was a Direct TV consumer for 5 years. When I started out with them, my bill ran about $87. As of this month..which is the last month I'll be with Direct TV..my bill now stands at $147.00. This is with no extra subscriptions..no billing for pay per view..just the bill for my package that I've had since the beginning. When I asked they how they justify the 60 dollar raise over 4 years and 10 months..all I heard was silence.
Then all I heard was a bunch of "deals" come out of the customer service persons mouth to try and keep my business. Within the next 15 minutes..She had reduced my bill down to $110.00 for the next year. This is why I think they are crooks. To be able to just deduct 30 dollars just like that...makes me very suspicious.
Anyway, I'm done with Direct Tv...I know I'll miss some good sporting events they only have on Direct TV..but I can always watch them through pay per view.

Good luck with Direct Tv...your gonna need it.

Unclereeky
 5th of May, 2009 by   Jacqueline Miller 0 Votes
Hi, my name is Jacqueline Miller I, ve been a consumer for years. This is my first bad experience with direct tv. My complaint isthat on Jan 28th.2009 I did a payment on the automative phone payment the amount was $135.00 dollars taking out of my checking account. The money was withdrawn from the Police and Fire credit union. I spoke to someone about this matter and no one seems like they cannot help me with this matter. I spoke to a supervisor about this and she ask me to get the credit union to fax over proof that it was taking out of my account .My credit union did fax the information to the billing dept and this matter is still not resolve to this day. I had to get this information fax twice to the billing dept of direct tv . I have to pay for these faxes.I once again try to clear up this matter and no luck. I spoke to a Mr.David F thats the name he gave me he did not spell out his last name all I know is that he works in the billing dept. He gave me this number 100339742 and he also gave me this fax number 956-784-7020.I also mailed the information that the supervisor wanted at the address on the back of the bill. The Police and Fire Federal Credit Union is where my checking account is you can speak to a ms Barbara Wiseley she is the resarch representative 215/931-0300 or 215/931-201. I really would like to get this resolve as quickly as possible because my service is off and I refuse to pay until this matter is cleared up. Iwould totally appreicate if someone would contact me or you can look into this matter
 13th of May, 2009 by   dallas 0 Votes
I had 3 month free trial of hbo, starz and showtime, they didnt tell me they were going to bill me if i didnt cancel it. so now my bill is $40 more than it should be. YAY! I would firgure that direct tv would be consisant billing nope I have paid $80 one month, $70, $50, $30 $119 and $133.
 8th of Jun, 2009 by   Eric Morrow 0 Votes
My account was set up twice and I was twice for a year. The way I found outAMEX alerted my of the fruad.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   mother Foss 0 Votes
We are being charged for early cancellation fee of $454.00. Been with them for 7 yrs but had DVR installed this past Oct. Never, never once were we told that this would automatically increase our service contract for 2 yrs . When I called for the DVR their first response was that it would cost $99. When I said I was not interested, I was told that since I was a loyal customer of 7 yrs that they would offer it to me free. Now I know why they do this because they know that any type of upgrade would add 2 yrs to ones contract. They should tell people right up front " we would be glad to offer the service but it will add to your contract time." THIS THEY DO NOT DO!!! It is a sad day when a company resorts to doing business this way. According to the blogs I have been reading, so many people have been taken advantage of. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE TO STOP THEIR UNSCRUPULOUS WAY OF DOING BUSINESS... If anyone knows whom I might contact regarding this matter please let me know. I am in Maine

Beware of Free Land Scam