logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Ladybug pools (JPB Pools)
Didnt Finish
2. (18 mins ago)
Edward Jones Investments
misrepresntation, fraud, seedy stock brokers
3. (26 mins ago)
Macy's Revolving Credit Card
Rip-off fees on revolving credit card
4. (35 mins ago)
Haband
Rude and nasty sevice
5. (38 mins ago)
Government of Tamil Nadu
Non receipt of ration card

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Voider

Scammers

Direct Shopping Network
dsntv.com
I purchased a couple of jewelry items from DSN last year or thereabouts. The items took about a month to arrive but were good values for the money and it's unusual to be able to order custom items in rose gold. Unfortunately, the service and quality took a nose dive this year. I have ordered single gemstones and for whatever reason the transactions are slow and what they send out is absolute rubbish, crap, totally trash. I'm really shocked and surprised because the other items were stones that were cut well and had good color. What they're sending and how they're behaving is appalling. I will NEVER spend another dime with them again and will leave cautionary reviews at every single review site and blog that I can find!
Comments United States Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Dec, 2009 by   Jeane 0 Votes
Thanks for the 'heads-up' about Direct Shopping Network, but does anyone know why they're still in business? There has to be a way to shut them down for good, especially since they're scamming people out of their much needed money. I've also wondered about Jewelry Television (JTV) since they never seem to have any 'on-air testamonials', a sure sign that" something is rotten in Denmark and it most certainly is not the cheese".

Bea K.
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   ckmoody 0 Votes
JTV's website lets their customers post reviews on all thier merchandise. Both good or bad, it is there for all to read.. I love JTV!!! I have purchased many, many items and I can say, They are honest.
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   ckmoody 0 Votes
I have just recently purchased 2 items from DSN and have been ripped off on both. I bought Uncle Arties Christmas gemstone parcel. It was supposed to have 25 different stones in it. It had 23 and half of the stones in that parcel, are not what he said they would be. The old switch-a-roo. And the second was a 3/4 ct. emerald with 1 ct. of free diamonds about 2 mm each. The emerald arrived Feb 10, 2010 and was ordered Jan 1, 2010.(The other one took just as long). The emerald was beautiful I must say, but it only came with 1/2 ct instead of the one ct loose 2mm diamonds. I only paid $211.89 for it so I can't compain much for the price. But the point is, it wasn't what I had seen on the show and not what I had ordered. Niether purchase was correct. I will never buy from them again. I have never had trouble with JTV. If I am not pleased with an order from them I can send it back with no problems and no threats of canceling my account. I have made many purchases with JTV. I have only sent one back in the last year. In one of my gemstone parcels with JTV, I received a beautiful yellow 90 point flawless diamond. A dealer offered me $2, 600.00 for it. Im not saying that will happen for everyone. But it did for me.
 8th of Nov, 2010 by   subella 0 Votes
I purchased several items from DSN that looked absolutely beautiful on tv but when I received them they were crap. I also returned a ruby ring I purchased and still have not received the credit and you can't get in touch with them. NEVER WILL I SHOP THERE AGAIN!
 11th of Oct, 2011 by   Dunkster 0 Votes
I just returned an order for a demantoid parcel in which I received several "stones" each which was about the size of a "dust particle"...the largest stone was not even a mm in size...and, the paperwork for return stated that it could take up to 30 days to refund the money...that particular part of the transaction is worrisome since it indicates a company with serious cash flow problems when they are not able to credit a credit card for up to 30 days which means that I must pay my card bill and then get refunded...hopefully...stay away from this organization...far, far away...
 6th of Nov, 2011 by   GLORIA R ZARETZ 0 Votes
DSN ARE A BUNCH OF LYING SCAM ARTISTS..I ORDERED SOME STONES FROM DSN AND CALLED THEM BACK 7 MINUTES LATER TO CANCEL THE ORDER AND THEY TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE TO PAY $134.00 RESTOCKING FEE..
THE ITEM WAS CANCELED IN 7 MINUTES AND DID NOT EVEN GET SHIPPED..
I HAD TO CALL MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO FIGHT DSN AND EVEN MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY SAID DSN SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO BE IN BUSINESS...
 17th of Nov, 2011 by   mr.meester 0 Votes
I purchased some items from DSN a few years ago same story- bait and switch, and beg to get a refund. Low grade stones, and the goldsmith quality is comparable to a first year student. I've always believed that they are a front for something else.

Shopping By Season