logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (5 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
2. (6 mins ago)
Gambler Tobacco
Tube cut tobacco
3. (8 mins ago)
PCH Games
can't redeem tokens
4. (13 mins ago)
ADP Total Pay Card
False information/Inability it access funds
5. (16 mins ago)
trynulexa.com
They continued to take money from me

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Dinodirect

Posted:    Dinodirectdorks

Being Scammed

The site is a joke:

OK I wanted 9 of the SATA cables they have listed for sale. Paid for them. Nearly 2 weeks after paying for them, I get an email saying, "Part of your order has been shipped today". I sent them back an email raising these issues:

Why wasn't the order shipped within 24 to 48 hours?

What do you mean - "Part of an order?"

"When are the rest of the cables going to be sent?"

"Why do you advertise them as being available and then take the orders for them, when there are insufficient stock to supply the orders?"

"You say your out of stock, and can't supply my order, then why are you continuing to advertise the cables and continuing to take orders for them?"

Following on from that, "Why are they continuing to offer them in whole sale amounts (like 1000+ etc.), when they can't even supply small orders?"

Well they are NOT telling me when they are going to send the rest of the order. They have offered to "give" me a voucher for $10, which is the value of the remaining products that they have failed to supply. Getting into all these backwards and forwards emails with them, has cost me a heap of time, and the cables are worth 20c each by the 1000, and I have paid ~$5 each retail - and do you think they would toss in an extra 5 to make up for the hassles they have caused - NO chance.

I mean I have customers I have to supply systems with, they took the order for 9 cables, I paid for the order of 9 cables, then because of their sloppy or non existant inventory control - where the amount of orders taken has no connection as to what is actually in their warehouses, their superior service has cost me about 10X as much in lost profit and time, as what it would have ot have bought them from an alternative supplier at 2X the price.

And when questioned about their actions, they then spend the rest of the time ducking questions, avoiding accountability for their actions and being cheap skate 2 bit suppliers.

One of the good indicators for "reliable suppliers" is in their policies.

Here are Dino Direct's product review "guidelines" - and these basically are saying - "If you don't paint us up in glowing terms with lots of ass kissing - we won't post your review on our service".

And they DO make you "keep it quiet and out of the public spotlight" by "insisting" that you put any HONEST reviews (or criticisms) into an email to their customer service dept.

That is not review, that is concealing and covering up what shonky operators they really are.

So here is Dino Directs Review Posting Guidelines

DinoDirect read all reviews before posting them and may reject some reviews if they don't follow the guidelines. Here are some of the things that can cause a review to be rejected:

- Review written in non-English languages
- Offensive or abusive language.
- Hyperlinks and URLs which lead to other stores and resellers or competitors. Please note this applies to forum posts also.
- Price and availability changes very quickly, so please avoid inclusion of such information.
- Posting of a question. Please post such queries in forums or support instead.
- Replies to existing customer reviews. Please leave discussions to the forums.
- Comparisons to competing brands or products of competing brands.
- Criticism of DinoDirect's service (You're welcome to send such a comment at fastsupport@dinodirect.com instead).
- Reviews for products that are out of stock and won't be available soon.
- Reviews are overly simple. Please be informative.
- Any personal contact information such as e-mail address and phone numbers.

Lastly, we do post all reviews, positive or negative, as long as you stick to these guidelines.

(it's a conjob if ever there was one)

I have also noticed that all most all of the reviews about Dino Direct on other sites - are EITHER about bad products and dodgy service, or they appear to be coming from "company shrills" posting reviews about their own employer, who effuse in the most ass kissy way, how great Dino Direct really are - in hyper bright glowing terms

In Australia under the trade practices act, it's an offence to offer to supply goods and services, without being able to do so. If they were in Australia - they'd be getting served a notice to appear in court.

They also have an F rating from the BBB - which means:

Company Rating F
Our opinion of what this rating means:
We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.

If you want reliable suppliers, go elsewhere.

Dinodirect ARE an unreliable, costly and time wasting pain in the arse.

Comments United States Bad Business Partners
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of May, 2010 by   Don'tOrderChinese +1 Votes
Never received my item.

Filed a clain with Paypal.

Dinodirect called me to say they want me to drop my Paypal claim BEFORE they will settle.

Same con job I have encountered by eBay sellers. They have no intention to settle. They just don't want any claims on their record.
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   Dinodirectdorks +2 Votes
An update:

So I chased that up by emailing them a message. It took about 2 more weeks before they replied, they asked for a picture and I sent them one, and so it took another month to get another 7 cables sent out... and guess what?

They were the WRONG cables again...

So I sent them another email saying "You sent me the wrong parts" they said send us a picture etc..

I said NO WAY I want a refund... and they came back with the same reply.

After considering that from the outset - they do not match the orders taken with the parts in stock, so they send out a partial order... 7 of the 9 cables.

They promise a 14 day delivery... it took over a month.

I hassle them. they send out the last two cables... which were the right cables.

They 7 of the 9 cables were the wrong cables...

I hassle them and then they send out another 7 cables, and these too were the wrong cables...

AND now they expect me to send another picture because they are too slack and too stupid to trace back through their own ordering system to track the fault...

So they are refusing a refund because the 9 cable 14 day delivery order has taken about 3 or 4 months, and I only have 2 ESATA to SATA cables, and 14 SATA to SATA cables, which I did not want or need - because I had about 5 spares ones in the first place.

Dinodirect is run by imbiceils - congential idiots. These people are so stupid they would not ...

DO NOT EVER PURCHASE ANYTHING EVER from DINODIRECT. Everything about the site is a scam run by morons - and they are lazy, slow, stupid, apathetic and really crappy morons.

I am doing a charge back on my credit card and forcing the idiots in my bank with the fair trading laws to comply with my request.
 19th of Sep, 2010 by   DinoDirect -1 Votes
Dear customers,

This is Kelly from DinoDirect. I am deeply sorry for what happened. We admit that we have some faults during the process, and as an honest seller, we are always bravely accept any genuine and effective advices. Regarding the wrong items sent for several times, we will take action and improve our service and efficiency. And could you please tell me each of your order? If compensation is still needed, we promise to put it into action accurately. And if compensation already made, we will investigate the case completely and take proper punishment and improvement actions. Your understanding is highly appreciated. By the way, we are always exist to make every customer satisfied, and now with our effort, we have enhanced our BBB rating to an “ A-”, which can also be checked on the same link above: http://sanjose.bbb.org/Business-Report/DinoDirect-1000002165 . Therefore, we hope every one of you can have faith in us.

Kelly
 19th of Sep, 2010 by   Dinodirectdorks +1 Votes
You want to start paying me a wage for my lost time?

Not interested.
 19th of Sep, 2010 by   Dinodirectdorks 0 Votes
Oh yeah...

I also have seen a stack of BOGUS positive feedback on a heap of sites.. where Dinodirect employees try to drown every legitimate complaint under a stack of fake lip service positive comments.

Lets not forget that one.

And if Kelly and Co., were so interested in fixing anything, they should have had their act together before they started shipping, and in the 3 or 4 months since I have posted this complaint - not ONE bit of effort has come forth from the with either finding the faults within their own systems, nor have they delivered the cables.

I do not believe a word that they say - because what they say, does not match what they do.

Dinodirect are a shonky outfit.
 15th of Dec, 2010 by   Kelsh21 +1 Votes
I find it incredible that these people can operate with all of their false claims and lack of delivery.
They claim "worldwide free shipping" but wait upon making a purchase and having to pay delivery charge of $24 I raised this issue on their forum. Of which they reply with
" We would like to tell you that we provide worldwide free shipping for regular post service. But for some special items cannot be shipped by regular mail due to the post office rules. In this way, it only can be shipped by express mail. Hope you can understand it."
So in other words, it's a big fat lie as there was no option to change shipping methods and I only ordered a small parcel.
Not that it mattered anyway because after 18 days waiting it still had not even been shipped and every time I requested a refund they would just tell me to be patient and wait. Well enough was enough and they weren't listening. So a paypal dispute began and they respond with a claim of already having posted the order. Flat out lie as their own website still stated "preparing shipping."
Upon finally receiving a reply form Dino direct to my paypal dispute they request that I close the dispute and then they will refund my money. HA! It doesn't work that way people. Once closed the dispute of course cannot be re-opened and thus I have no recourse to ever see my money again.
Then magically all record of my order in my account history had disappeared so I could no longer view the status myself. This is still an on going issue and I have not as yet received my refund.
I find it amazing also that every website I go to with information about this company not only has bad reviews on it but they also have a response from a Dino direct employee. Maybe if they spent more time attending to their customer service and less time posting useless lying comments to random websites they might have a few less unhappy customers.
If I get told "I hope you can understand it" one more time I'm likely to break something. To sum up...If you're reading this to get an opinion on whether to buy from this company or not then I say steer clear. You're safer spending a little bit more and going to a reliable web site.
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   beyonce410 +1 Votes
DINO DIRECT ARE CROOKS: DON'T LET THEM SCAM YOU!!!

This is already turning out to be the WORST shopping experience I have ever had!!!
I have PAID FOR MY ORDER IN FULL VIA PAYPAL but when I log into my account on the Dino Direct website, it is marked as “unpaid” & when I tried to email them on their forums, one of their arrogant staff finally replied after I had posted & directly emailed them about a dozen emails!!!…
My order # is: 542372-DD & finally after a ridiculously long wait this arrogant staff member told me that I had not paid because I had not clicked on their “security checkout” even though I did & I emailed them back a copy of the entire email PayPal sent me including my transaction ID #:6199416246681123P
but they still have not got back to me & my order is still showing up as “order unpaid” despite my numerous emails to them throughout the entire day which have remained unanswered!!! -I feel that I may have no choice but to open up a PayPal dispute & that will be proof to them that I PAID IN FULL despite their arrogant staff telling me that I haven’t when in fact I HAVE & WILL PROVE IT BY FILING A DISPUTE ON THEM IF NEED BE!!!…
Please DO NOT believe any positive posts as their employees often pose as consumers (often quite obvious that they are doing this) on their forums as well as other websites reviewing them like this one & I will NEVER place another order with them ever again!!!…
Also, in the beginning it was possible to speak to someone directly via a live chat option on their website but now it is not an available option & I would say that “it would be easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle” than to communicate or deal with these crooks!!!:(…
Worst of all they promote special sale event periods to lure unsuspecting consumers into ordering when they clearly show no intention of fulfilling these orders & they will even scam you on one of these sale events at Christmas time while leaving you with no hope of your goods arriving on time or of seeing your money without filing a long PayPal dispute!:( BUYER BEWARE OR ELSE YOU WILL CERTAINLY REGRET IT!!!

Read more: http://www.rateitall.com/i-2519078-dinodirect.aspx#ixzz18JHGvWSK
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   Kelsh21 +1 Votes
Thought I'd update my post.
Thanks to upping my paypal to a claim I have received my money back in full. All I can say is, if you do want to risk buying through them definitely use paypal. The same day that paypal had refunded my money I got an email from dino saying that they would refund me and I would get my money back in about 7 days. 7 days??? why so long, they had cancelled the order 2 days ago and paypal is instant.
Just a note on their sales also. They promote 50% everything on their store, but magically all the prices went up by about 45%. Incredible. Upon challenging them on this they claim that due to the high demand of products the prices fluctuate and that only about 10% of the products have 20-30% off. Wow way to go about false advertising but then I guess that's why they are based overseas so they can get away with all their dodgy dealings.
 19th of Jan, 2011 by   diwakarrajan -2 Votes
I have buying experience in dinodirect.com, They responded immediately after purchase of the product, On the next day they shipped my item and mailed me the order number. After 20-25 day i got my item on regular post without any damage or fault.Your can view my experience and product on http://webupon.com/web-design/dinodirect-shopping-experience-review/. From the day1 i have been posting my comment in this site to know about the real status.
 14th of May, 2011 by   GsF -1 Votes
Dino Direct is a scam! They sold me a faulty mobile phone and then ignored my emails to return it. I checked the link that Kelly from Dino Direct had in her response (above) saying they are "A- on BBB" and it was actually an F. They are just liars and scam artists! I have made it my mission to inform everyone possible about how bad their business is and to avoid it. Dino Direct = Scam Direct
 6th of Aug, 2011 by   berniya +1 Votes
Feel sorry to hear that. hope I could be help to you to get your money back. This never happens to laserpenshop.com and sinoprice.com. Have a check. You will LOVE them
 24th of Oct, 2011 by   dinodirect001 -2 Votes
Dear honoured customers,

On behalf of DinoDirect.com, I would like to apologize for all inconveniences you have experienced while shopping with us. Effective complaints handling is a key part of customer service excellence and we are not afraid to tackle this complex and difficult subject. Every single current and potential customer is important and valuable for us and we believe that you have the right to a fair, effective and courteous service at all times. Therefore your comments are extremely important for us. We want to know what our customers and people interested in our service think about our performance and the standard of services we provide – not only do they allow us to improve our individual service to you in terms of quality and efficiency but they also help us enhance our product.

I would like to invite all customers to leave your questions and specify your order number in your comments, so we can be more convenient to investigate your issues and contact you to solve the problems.

furthermore, you could always contact our Customer Service team. we would like to make every effort to serve you the best.

For instant communication, please click on the following link to reach DinoDirect customer service express, and a dedicated agent will reply your message within 5 minutes. http://www.dinodirect.com/livehelp/livehelp/

For order complaints and disputes, please contact DinoDirect manager William at adelewilliams@sales.dinodirect.com. we will reply your email within 24 hours.

CS-Manager

24th of Oct, 2011 by   Dinodirectdorks +1 Votes
Yeah sure...

Your only acting like the good guys AFTER being exposed by so many people - so many times, and your employees are dumb enough to leave FAKE positive feedback, to drown out the legitimate complaints left on this and many other sites...

Your only interested in doing scummy patch up jobs when you can't get out of looking bad, and then it's back to business as usual - bad products, non deliveries, scams with peoples money, no refunds, dragging things out so that customers will go away...

Dinodirect is a SCAM site... Have nothing to do with them.
 27th of Oct, 2011 by   dinodirect001 0 Votes
Hi Dinodirectdorks,
We are a young company indeed. We know we still have a lot to do. We are not afraid to tackle this complex and difficult subject. Every single current and potential customer is important and valuable for us and we believe that you have the right to a fair, effective and courteous service at all times.
All the legitimate complaints are very important to us. We are and will always working on the quality of products and service, deliverying packages to customers as quickly as we can. More information you could go to the help center on our website.
Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated.

CS-Manager

28th of Oct, 2011 by   DDcs 0 Votes
Dear customers,

Firstly, I would like to say that Dinodirect is not a scam, it is a real company which cares so much about customers like you, If you suffer any difficulties when shipping on Dinodirect, you can come to our help center any time, our cs representatives work 24hours per day, you can have a try to see that what i am saying is true.

Socond, we do need your order number to check what items are your refering to and only that can we solve your issue soon.

Hope you understand that and offer your order number on DD early. Have a nice day!

Regards
Louis´╝î CS manager
Dinodirect
 31st of Oct, 2011 by   Anonymousever 0 Votes
i've also bought something at DD, i find it kinda stupid tough .
They don't have the product but yet selling it?
i've bought a 140cm plush dolphin, Then it went for processing after around 2 days then they replied me
that the plush is out of stock offer me exchange for something else or refund.
SO WHY THE F*** IN THE FIRST PLACE WOULD U WANNA PUT IT AT SELLING TO CREATE TROUBLES FOR OTHER PEOPLE?
AND WASTE CUSTOMERS TIME WASTING TIME ON REFUND OR ANYTHING ELSE.
and yet u call yourself caring customers. LOL
 31st of Oct, 2011 by   Ghost of DocJ -1 Votes
Your posting has been received and will be published online after quick review by the editors.
 3rd of Nov, 2011 by   dinodirect001 0 Votes
Dear Anonymousever,

I'm sincerely apologize for the out of stock issue, as we have a large number of storages. There might be a system delayed issue. Thank you so much for your feedback, i hope you could offer me the order number so that i can solve it and pull the product out from our shelves.
Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated.

regards,
Louis, CS Manager

15th of Feb, 2012 by   peqahbaek 0 Votes
Hye Im the newest victim here. Would you like to bring this company down? On facebook maybe?..I have a similar case to some of the other customers who didnt get their freaking WEDDING DRESS.
I placed an order one month ago. I requested that the dress sent to my home-country (im studying abroad, going back for my wedding). They kept emailing me to verify my credit card since I had mismatching address. They even called my house and asked my mom to make sure i confirm my payment. I finally did. I even CALLED them to assure that they can make this dress precisely to the measurement i gave. They said no problem, will do our best and all those things you always hear them saying (i repeat, just saying..usually not done). Oh I forgot to mention, it was a chinese lady, never anybody who speaks english well. I think all the english/american names they put on their emails are just tricks so you think they are reliable. They are a chinese company.
They promised to prepare my dress in 15~25days n get it shipped within 1month. When it already exceeded 25days of the maximum promised time for getting my dress done, i became worried so i emailed them. I got really mad when they had the gut to tell me the dress is not even done when it should already hv been dispatched to me. I didnt get any email telling me they couldnt get it done.

They claimed that the dress is in high demand, difficult to prepare bla3 .. ( do you tell that to your customers?)
This morning they asked if I want to cancel my purchase. I dont know if I should. Because they obviously want money and they can do anything possible to fool me.

does anyone here know any legal actions we can take? I dont want to sue them. I dont need their money. I just want justice.. This company is playing us all.. playing all the first timers.. I know a lawyer in the USA graduating for my school here but im afraid this company ( i wont mention their name its too disgusting) is not based in the USA..
 21st of Feb, 2012 by   dinodirect001 0 Votes
Dear peqahbaek,

On behalf of DinoDirect, I am sorry for any inconvenience our service may cause. DinoDirect indeed is a Chinese company, as exactly we state on our site, we never tried to hide or deny it. I hope you can leave your order number here or contact our customer service so we can work together to solve the problem. Please do not worry, DinoDirect guarantee customer's rights and interests. And i will do the best in my power to help you as well. Thanks and have a nice day!

Louis, CS-Manager