logo

Nuderma
they charge me 89.15 for a free sample
5. (55 mins ago)
IneedFinancialHelp.net
I paid and they didn’t give me a loan.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Diane Varni, Orecatay Cattery, Balinese and Siamese Kittens, Drain, Oregon Complaints & Reviews - Sells FIP Kittens

Diane Varni, Orecatay Cattery, Balinese and Siamese Kittens Contacts & Informations

Diane Varni, Orecatay Cattery, Balinese and Siamese Kittens

Posted: 2012-10-06 by    TwitterCat

Sells FIP Kittens

Orecatay Cattery
Drain, Oregon
Phone: 541-849-3491
orecatay.com
She sells kittens with FIP, pretends she is clueless and has no idea about it/that she has NEVER sold a cat with FIP before...
Many complaints about her online, but posting on Complaints Board to broaden the field. Want to warn other consumers so they do not go through the heartbreak. For those who do not know what FIP is, it is an autoimmune disease (parallel to the human version of AIDs) brought on my genetics and/or unhygienic conditions. FIP is a death sentence; cats with FIP die.

Buyers BEWARE.
She will not return a dime for her FIP kittens.

To read other complaints, click below.
Complaints consist of: multiple counts of FIP, corona virus, ear polyps, and fleas.

DO NOT BUY from this woman, if you want a decent chance/likelihood of a normal kitten, life expectancy, and vet bill expectancy.

In general, beware of breeders who RELY on cat breeding to pay their bills/general life needs. According to her, she is one of them who lives paycheck to paycheck and doesn't have extra cash to just "give refunds."

---
IF IN DOUBT-

Just ask yourself: How are kittens and cats with health problems/extra help needed supposed to GET help when there's no extra cash to go to the vet?

Just think about this: Why is it that no major (or many breeders at all, really) carry the ORECATAY breeding line (I can only think of 2)? Look at the most famous breeders in the Siamese/Balinese industry; do they carry her line? Breeders breed for quality and health, I can attest that her cats seriously lack the latter. Not a breeder, so don't know how to judge for quality measuring up to the breed-standard.

Just think. Good day:) Hope I saved some the heartache, as that was my intention. I don't want anyone to go through what many families already have.

COMPLAINTS from sites above listed:

• She asked me for a deposit because I wanted a female Balinese cat. I gave her $300 after two months she said that she oops! discovered that the female was a male. She did not return the money and she gave me many different excuses for her bad actions."Your cat died", "I need to pay the electric bill", "My teeth hurts" . I have all her emails and I have proof of everything. She appears recommended in the CFA web page under the name of ORECATAY.
http://www.orecatay.com/info.html this is th epage where I found her. I have proof of her actions.
Posted 2 years ago
• I have the problem with diane varni.WE gave her 700$ for 1 cat and deposit for another.
The first cat had the corona virus .she had seizures we had to put her down.
The next had ear pollips, we had to take it back.now she says that she doesnt have the money to give us back, and she also says she doesnt have any kittens...
Posted 2 years agoReport
• Diane Varni sold me a cat after two years of waiting for one. The cat was crawling with fleas and I even confronted the vet that cleared the cat for shipping. I used the cat for one litter and then sold the cat to a breeder friend in Wisconsin. The cat died of FIP. Two of the kittens that I sold from my breeding, died of FIP. The breeder in Wisconsin has a pregnant cat and she is scared to death. I have contacted Diane on many occasions and she has not responded. I have to replace the kittens that I sold and Diane shares no responsibility for selling a cat crawling with fleas and FIP.
Posted 7 months agoReport
• Diane Varani sold me a kitten back in October 2010. I called before going to pick it up and everything was okay and ready. When I got there she said it had a minor cold and gave me some doxycyclene. From there started my hell. The kitten was sick with FIP which infested my 3 year old siamese. Working with my vet we tried to save the kitten but it ended up having to be put to sleep. Diane admitted selling me a sick kitten and promised to repay the purchase price. 15 months later I have not seen a penny. She's always short of money etc., all kinds of excuses.
Posted 7 months agoReport
• I think she has 25 cats or more. How can she be short of money? She has so many cats she does not even the sire and dam of the litter for sure.
Posted 6 months agoReport
• We're devastated to find out this morning that our 6 month old, adopted from Diane, has all the symptoms of FIP. Do not adopt from her.
Posted 5 months agoReport
• Diane Varni from Orecatay, located in Oregon. She says she is a breeder and she appears in the CFA web page. she ask you for money in order for you to buy a cat from her, and after 2 months she invents excuses to give you nothing. Then she dissappears. I have proof of everything.
Posted 2 years agoReport
Comments United States Cat Breeders
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Oct, 2012 by   TwitterCat 0 Votes
TO-DO LIST FOR THOSE HURT IN CONSEQUENCE OF DIANE VARNI'S BREEDING ETHICS (advice from an attorney)

PART I: WHAT DOCUMENTS IT HELPS TO HAVE (even if you don't have any, it is ok, proceed to part II & file complaints, read about subpoenas & how they uncover truth on breeder's part)
PART II: WHAT TO DO/WHERE TO FILE ORDERS (follow all steps; I ordered in ORDER you should FOLLOW).

----------
PART I:

- Best to have documentation/evidence. Best to check if you still have...
A) VET DIAGNOSES/EXPERT TESTIMONY (just contact the vet who diagnosed pet/put it down, they will gladly generate them)
B) VET BILLS/RECEIPTS (if not, just call vet clinic, they will regenerate them & the file)
C) if you do not immediately have A or B, search for the EMAIL CHAIN between breeder & you. Attach it & note the email provider (for subpoenas linking IP address to said breeder; also, email providers keep original databases of emails, so neither party can alter emails to their benefit).
D) if you do not have A, B, C, or D & have interacted with breeder via phone, just know you have phone logs permanently kept with cell phone companies, so don't lose hope.
E) the check/money order/etc METHOD OF PAYMENT DOCUMENTED
F) even photos of deceased pet when it was ill/put down helps to prove said pet did exist, etc. if you have papers, this can help prove as well.

^BASICALLY, it's better to have some sort of credibility/verification that you did own/purchase some sort of pet, which if you did, is extremely easy to conjure.

* BUT, even if you don't, you can STILL submit complaints to all the places below, and they can investigate it. A subpoena on anything (bills, bank accounts, email accounts, etc) will show the truth in all matters.
ENOUGH DOCUMENTED COMPLAINTS have to come in, however, to help move this process along at certain places (not at the BBB, Sheriff's Department, or PETA, however-- they investigate EVERY INDIVIDUAL CLAIM).

----------
PART II: WHAT TO DO/WHERE TO FILE (critical instructions)

1. FILE A COMPLAINT with the BBB. must know breeder zipcode (97435) (best shot at getting money back & very important for affecting BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU standing. businesses with too negative of standings may be shutdown)

* extremely important so the business is not in 100% standing with the BBB. if you do NOT file a complaint, it IS in 100% standing with the BBB. if wronged, it is important NOT to keep quiet about these things.

* The more that report their experiences/true instances, the better for building a case leading to inspection.

2. Contact the Drain, Oregon Sheriff's Department. They will transfer you to the Animal Control Unit. (disclose cat's cause of death, offer evidence/expert testimony from vets that put cat down/examined cat during its living duration, explain if disease arises from bad breeding/genetics and/or unsanitary conditions).

Phone Number: (541) 836-2417
Email: cityofdrain@centurytel.net

3. Contact PETA & explain the problem(s), problems/breeding conditions for pets with health problems, often fatal.

NEGLECT AND NEGLIGENCE IS ALSO QUALIFIED/CLASSIFIED AS ANIMAL ABUSE IN THE STATE OF OREGON.

Phone Number: 757-622-7382, option 2
Email Forum: http://www.peta.org/about/contact-peta/email-form.aspx

* PETA does rapidly respond and contact you back. The more that report their experiences/true instances, the better for building a case leading to inspection.

4. Contact the Attorney General where the cat breeder lives, file a CONSUMER COMPLAINT (Drain, Oregon). (disclose amount owed & what happened).

Attorney General's website: www.doj.state.or.us

5. File a CFA PROTEST (free & very important)

6. To report SCAM/FRAUD: http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/reporting.php
 7th of Oct, 2012 by   RarelyComplain -1 Votes
AIDS is not an autoimmune disease and I know of no disease that has, as its pathogenesis, genetics OR unhygenic conditions...no such thing; it's one or the other. You got beyond your level of expertise there. Wouldn't hurt to say what FIP stands for.

And by the way, dog "breeding" has also become a way of earning some extra dough these days. Be very careful if you are looking for a dog or cat from a breeder. Both categories have become "money mills." Eff those people - they charge exhoritant prices for nothing special animals.
 8th of Oct, 2012 by   TwitterCat +1 Votes
AIDS is an immunodeficiency disease. AIDS and FIP are comparable examples.

You basically have no immune system with AIDS, which humans get, or FIP, which cats get.
FIP is brought on by genetics and unhygienic conditions. Please do research on FIP if in doubt. You may not understand cats; their health works completely differently than dogs. This is the reason breeders keep closed catteries and do not allow anyone or anyone who has cats, or other cats, in and out of their catteries. FIP is also airborne and can transfer from cat to cat.

It is a very perplexing disease because of BOTH its genetic components and ability to transfer through contact. It can be both genetic and brought on by unhygienic conditions and by stress. Perhaps you may go beyond your level of expertise, as you disagreed with the very basics of FIP.

And purebred animals are as special as mixed breed animals are. They are both special.
 8th of Oct, 2012 by   TwitterCat -1 Votes
Regardless of disagreements about less important specifics, the most important thing and original intent is to help other potential buyers avoid heartache and loss of money. Losing a pet, purebred or mixed breed, is painful, especially when it is so young, as FIP usually manifests in younger cats. I don't wish that on anyone/any family, and hope they could avoid that.

Selling Your Phone For An Upgrade