logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
www.gold4power.com
this site hack my wow account
2. (21 mins ago)

N/A
351 E. Bradley Av Spc 54
El Cajon, California
Phone: 619-212-9295
I purched the DERMAWAND from an infomercial on TV. This product is a Spa Treatment at home. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. It burned my face - still burned now after 6 weeks! I only used it 3 times at the lowest setting - it stings badly and after 3 weeks have not received my refund. BTW - I am never again buying anything from infomercials because every time I have called they put huge pressure for you to buy more with inticing offers.

Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Jan, 2009 by   Millie -2 Votes
I also had a terrible experience. I used the Derma Wand for about 3 months, to firm up under my chin and my upper eye area. Both were a little saggy, but not terrible, so I hoped the Derma Wand would result in a small improvement. However, because I didn't notice any improvement at all after 3 months, I stopped using it.

Around 2 weeks after stopping I noticed that the area under my chin was more saggy than before.

However the BIG shock was that now my upper eye area has noticeable sagging that was MUCH WORSE than before starting with Derma Wand. And I had followed the eye-area instructions exactly, using only setting #1 and using the wand only under the eyebrow bone and not the upper lid itself. The Derma Wand seems to have stretched out the skin, resulting in wrinkles and sagging that I never had before!

I am devastated and furious at this situation. Not only am I out the money, but I look worse now, not the same, and certainly not better. I am so sorry that I ever used the Derma Wand!
 24th of Mar, 2009 by   John -1 Votes
Do not rush to use anything that promise to better your skin. What is good for the one, may be bad for you. To better you skin, eat well, exercise, rub your skin gently to stimulate the blood flow, don't eat too much fat, don't eat ready made food, drink draughts of water throughout the day every 10 minutes, take 3, 000 mg vitamin c and take vitamin E two times a day to keep a good level of anti-oxidants. Also take fluid vitamin D 5 drops a day and take fulvic acid to take up the vitamins and to be healthy. Do not drink alcohol, don't smoke, and do not take sugar as these are extremely bad for your immune system. Instead of sugar take honey as it has what you need to process the sugar of the honey. Next the best thing to do to take a completely good lifestyle and attitude, is to join the Escaper Zone at http://www.escaperzone.com for only $9 a month even if you don't like it at all. It will improve your knowledge and smartness and logical thinking, stop you from being fooled.
 24th of Mar, 2010 by   Janine Dorsay -2 Votes
Rating
Excellent

Benefits

Drawbacks
It can be time consuming so I do it during a favorite show every evening.

Details
I've been using the Dermawand for a few weeks now and I have noticed that after doing the techniques suggested for lifting and firming that there is a change in my appearance. My eyes seem more open and less tired looking. The corners of my mouth curve upward. My jawline is tighter. The skin on my throat is less slackened. My decolette has lost some of that crepe-like appearance. My complexion is brighter and I have noticed that blemishes, if they appear, are minor and fast to heal. The technique used around the eyes is grat for puffiness. I am experimenting on other areas such a s my hands to see if there is an improvement.

Conclusions
I conclude that this is a worthy addition to my beauty regimen and recommend it highly.

Price (paid by reviewer)

Copyright © 1999-2010 by Dr. G. Todorov / SmartSkinCare.com
Site Disclaimer | Copyright Certification
 24th of Mar, 2010 by   Janine Dorsay -2 Votes
Rating - Excellent

Benefits - The key benefit of Dermawand is to deliver oxygen to the skin and stimulate circulation.

Drawbacks - It can be time consuming so I do it during a favorite show every evening.

Details

Conclusions
 21st of May, 2011 by   Derma wand ,,,,,,,,,,, 0 Votes
Dear all, , , , , , , , , , , , , i am using derma wand since from six month, , , i bought it from UAE, as it was not available in Pakistan at that time ... i found this device much easy to use but it is not at all good for every day use, , , it is better to use such devices once a week only, , , and after using it, , , massage your face gently, with your hands, in upward directions, using any mild moisturising cream ... always remember 1 thing, , whenever you treat your skin or any part of your body artificially, it may show bad results, , , , , , , , so just don't go on advertisments, , , , i advice every 1 to first consult your doctor, , , , it is better, because, doctor may suggest you any skin test and give you awareness about your skin ((( may you are alergic of electric shock, or any other alergies ))))))))))) however this device is not bad but it is good if you consult your doctor before using any e.device ((( derma wand, laser, light therapy and many more are available in international market )))))))))))))))) ... so please be aware your skin first ... thanx, , , regards : Huma (((( Pakistan )))
 26th of Dec, 2011 by   muznyx9700 0 Votes
Please note, these comments refer to a product called Dermawand, NOT DermaPaw; two completely different products and companies.
 12th of Mar, 2012 by   Anna Perdue +1 Votes
I have nothing but trouble with Derma Wand. I saw it on an informercial and decided that I would try it, I thought 30 day trial would be great. Well after using it, it burnt my face it had made my face swollen DID NOT LIKE IT. On the infomercial it said that just mail it back for full refund. It had even said that they will provide return lable. This is where my nightmare began. I did not get a pre paid shipping to return the product. I called the customer service to see if they would send me another one because mine was not in the box. I was told I would have to pay to send it back. Fine I paid for the shipping to send it back, this was on Feb 10th. Well before the 30 day trial period. On Jan 27th I was charged $134.80 on my credit card. When I signed up origianally I told him monthly payments, well was a lie. So I called customer services about the refund, they told me (3 weeks later) that they have not received the product back. They also informed me that it usually takes 30 days for the shipping department to check products in so they could not issue any refund. 6 weeks after I returned the product still no refund and they had hit my credit card again for a product I did not want. BE AWARE THEY DONT TELL YOU ON THE INFOMERCIAL that it takes 30 days to for the product to be regisered but until then they will just keep hitting your credit card!
 26th of May, 2012 by   Annamarie Gonzalez +2 Votes
Derma wand is a terrible product. DO NOT PURCHASE IT! It's a scam. They would charge your credit card with higher amounts than authorized. They would charge your credit card with things you did not purchase. They would add sale taxes to the shipping and handling when there is no tax on shipping costs.
I authorized a first charge to my credit card for $ 9.95, however, the charge was made for $13.55. This is $ 3.60 of overcharge. They told me that this $3.60 was sale tax over the shipping of $ 9.95. So they charged me 36.2% over 9.95. They are in California, where the sales tax fluctuates in between 8.15 - 8.25%, ( according to the County) but they charged me 36.2% instead.
They would try to upsale things you don't need such subscriptions to magazines and other things.
If you choose monthly payments, they would charge the whole amount to your credit card.
Moreover, the Dermawand machine is worthless. It does nothing to your skin in the best of the cases. I have read reports of people saying that the machine damaged their skin. This wasn't my case, but it did nothing to improve it. It was a waste of time and money.
Besides, after you decide to return the machine, they don't want to honor their own warranty. They become so unpleasant to deal with.
The commercial states that they would pay for the returning shipping also, but this isn't true.
When I called to return the product, they gave me a RMA number and they told me to use a little return label with a funny barcode in the back of the sales slip. They told me that the postage was pre-paid in that label. In fact, the label was there. I packed the machine, I placed the little return label on the package and took it to the Post Office.
The clerk at the post office, told me that the label "was not" pre paid and I would have to pay for the shipping. I was not willing to spend anymore money with these people, so I called them and told them to send me a label. They respond that they wouldn't do it.
They are just crooks. One lie after another.
My attorney sent them a letter with all the information, and telling them that if they want their machine back, they need to send me a pre-paid label.
I haven't heard back from them. I have the machine packed and ready to go.
DO NOT GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER TO THESE PEOPLE. The whole thing is a scam.
These high frequency machines sell for $ 64 - $100.00. Go to Amazon. They have a wonderful return policy and it's hassle free to return any item to them if you are dissatisfied.
Don't waste your time and money with these people exposing yourself to fraudulent charges.
 5th of Sep, 2012 by   jfowler11 +1 Votes
If it seems too good to be true... well... you figure it out
 17th of Sep, 2012 by   IROAMD 0 Votes
This Derma wand is a complete waste of money and time. The people who sell this product over the phone just try to sell you more products and even when I said no and change my mind I found out next day I was charge double to my credit card. I phoned immediately the company and they said they couldnt do anything about it beacause it was my fault I gave my credit card number!!!I spoke also to the supervisor David and he was very rude to me!!!.
I also find out today they have done the same to many people, even my mother in law told me several of her friends have gone through the same scam, they returned the packing and have to make several phone calls and wait a lot of time to get the money back through disputes!!. PLEASE PLEASE DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!SCAM!!!AND THE PEOPLE BEHIND ALL THIS IS THE SAME!!!DONT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!!
THE PRODUCT DOES NOT DO ANYTHING AND GIVE YOU A HUGE RUSH AND HAIR IN YOUR FACE!!!
FOR SURE GONNA GO TO THE BUSINESS BUREAU!!!
 21st of Oct, 2012 by   cjs3401@charter.net 0 Votes
Unfortunately I ordered the TV advertised product with so far, disastrous results. I placed a 6:30 a.m. call in response to their ad which stated: FREE 30 day trial, FREE S & H, pay nothing for 30 days. If not satisfied, they will pay return shipping. The tel. operator was a fast-talker who tried to get me to buy all sorts of expensive items, warranties, etc. I kept saying all I wanted was the 30 day free trial of the DermaWand. I was told I would be charged my Visa Debit Card $9.95 shipping plus $8.69 tax for a total of $18.64. When I told her the TV ad said I would NOT be charged shipping she said if I wasn't satisfied and returned the product within 30 days, I would be refunded the $9.95. When I asked why I was being charged the tax when I had not yet agreed to purchase the product, she said it was required. Before ending the conversation, I asked her to give me the total I would be charged to my Visa and was told the total would be $18.64 and had her repeat the amount so I could deduct it from my checking account. Later that day (Saturday) I received an e-mail confirming my order and the amount charged my Visa was $154.16!!! I tried to call the service number and got a message that the office was closed for the day. I immediately replied to their e-mail and told them to cancel my order at once and not to debit my Visa account as I do not have that amount in my checking account and would be charged an overdraft fee of at least $50. I also said I would be going to my bank first thing Monday morning to ask the bank to refuse this debit. I will also call the DermaWand cust. service number first thing Mon. a.m. and repeat this to them. I have a hunch this is going to be a BIG problem and like other commenter's, I will NEVER reply to an infomercial again! Scams! Too bad I did not Google BBB before answering this ad!
 27th of Nov, 2012 by   cpsummer 0 Votes
I read a lot of good reviews about the Derma Wand so I thought I would give it a try and not only didn't it work but it gave me more wrinkles then I had before I use it and yes it also burned the skin and I followed the instruction to the letter, so I sent it back and then they made it almost impossible for me to get my shipping charges back. This is not a product I would support or tell anyone to buy, all I have to say is buyer beware.
 25th of Dec, 2012 by   hawaiiskin 0 Votes
I purchased the Dermawand back in 2010. Being a licensed Aesthetician for 27 years and using many larger type machines that have a higher frequency then the Dermawand I thought that it would be a cool device to have with me when I go on my trips. That being said I could not be more satisfies with the product. I followed the spa procedure regimen twice daily and loved the results that it gave me. There is no way that this device could burn anyone's skin unless they were using a Glycolic or Retin - A type product prior to using the wand or hand used a depilatory previously to using the wand or waxing or over an already traumatized skin. In which the instructions cautions the user to specifically stay away from prior to using this device.
 20th of Jan, 2013 by   AcneObsessed 0 Votes
To anyone who got burned from this how long does it take to heal?! My skin is dry and stinging and I am freaking out! Thanks:(
 22nd of Feb, 2013 by   internetpasswordlover 0 Votes
It seems confusing that some comments are so negative and others seem to endorse the product. I would appreciate someone with scientific knowledge to state real facts. Is this machine capable of reducing wrinkles? Seems too good to be true, but other that old cliche, I don't know what to think.
 11th of Mar, 2013 by   Snowyowl 0 Votes
Photo Credit Pixland/Pixland/Getty Images
Facial electronic muscle stimulation may rejuvenate aging, wrinkled or sagging skin. However, these claims have not been proved by the FDA. Electronic muscle stimulation, or EMS, is the practice of stimulating specific muscles through electric current. While some individuals seek these treatments to improve their appearance, others utilize this process to combat the effects of certain health complications. Consult your physician before starting any alternative treatment practices.
HOW IT WORKS
A health care provider or licensed cosmetologist give facial electrical muscle stimulation in a series of treatments. The provider will place a mask, usually made of terry cloth, on the face with metal probes strategically attached at desired points of stimulation, which are stimulated by low-level electrical currents. Treatments may last between 10 and 30 minutes; providers recommend these treatments several times per week. Because the effects of electrical muscle stimulation are temporary, a permanent effect can only be achieved through continual, consistent treatments, according to a report by the New York Times.

Sponsored Links
Dr Meena Jain
Premier Laser Hair Removal & Skin Rejuvenation Clinic
www.pinellaslaser.com
BENEFITS
Many individuals may seek electrical facial muscle stimulation treatments to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while others may wish to help increase circulation to specific areas. Many others utilize the benefits of electrical muscle stimulation to reverse the adverse effects of certain health complications. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration allows doctors to prescribe EMS for symptoms resulting from stroke or injury. The Chiropractic Resource Organization reports that EMS can also be used to treat facial drooping as a result of Bell's palsy.
COST
The New York Times reports that, on average, electrical muscle stimulation treatments can cost hundreds of dollars when performed several times a week. Many health insurance companies may not cover treatments for cosmetic purposes, but may cover treatments prescribed by a physician to address the effects of health complications.
CONSIDERATIONS
The FDA states that no electronic muscle stimulator has been proved to promote any long-term benefits. However, these devices may temporarily tone, firm or strengthen muscle. Long-term effects from electronic muscle stimulation may only result from consistent EMS treatments. The New York Times reports that as many as 10 percent of individuals seeking EMS treatments may not see any results, even after the recommended number of treatments.
WARNING
Before seeking electrical muscle stimulation treatments, check with your physician or health care provider. Many electronic muscle stimulation devices are not supported by the FDA; results and side effects will vary between individuals. If you experience any adverse side effects from the treatments, contact your physician immediately.
Sponsored Links
2013 Best Skin TightenersAn Unbiased Review List of The Top Performing Skin Tighteners In 2013
www.SkinCareSearch.com/FaceLifting
"TENS Units - Best Rated"Highest Quality, Lowest Prices, Free Shipping. Up to 75% Off Now!
UnitedMedicalSource.com/TENS_Units
TENS Unit Sale - $29.00Low Pricing and Low & Free Shipping Free Therapy Programs & Shipping
MedicalProductsOnline.org
Best Neck Creams of 2013What Neck Tightening Products Work? Find Out Before You Buy!
Beauty-Blueprint.com/neck-creams
REFERENCES
New York Times: Can Electrical Charges Really Stop Wrinkles
Chiropractic Resource Organization: Treatment of Facial Muscles Affected by Bell's Palsy with High-Voltage Electrical Muscle Stimulation
U.S. Food and Drug Administration: Electronic Muscle Stimulators

Facial Laser Treatment
Facial Skin Care
Skin Health
People Are ReadingRelated Topics

Do Facial Exercisers Improve the Muscles in the Face?

Muscle Stimulation Dangers

About Microcurrent Facials

Dermal Tone Facial Exerciser Instructions

What Are the Benefits of a Galvanic Facial?

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/350469-about-electrical-muscle-stimulation-for-skin-rejuvenation/#ixzz2NFAgIWdb
 11th of Mar, 2013 by   Snowyowl 0 Votes
I have posted all the information, I could post on here both for and against the derma wand. I have not purchased it. My experience and background enables me to be skeptical yet I know that prevention is more important than any of the facial treatments one pursues. As a retired esthetician I have worked with skin stimulation and know that circulating the blood is important to healthy skin, however, I would point out do not think after years of abusing skin such as smoking, drinking, bad diet, sun worshipers that any treatment will eradicate wrinkles, bad skin, sagging skin. What a treatment will do is restore blood into the skin, oxygenate it, preparing it for pre surgery that is what many Plastic Surgeons do they send their patients to us. We restore the dry aging and damaged skin for surgery. Even then if your skin is bad the surgeon can only do so much. I tell people you can never fully change skin that has it's history on your face unless you begin when your younger.
 1st of Apr, 2013 by   ivette kenney 0 Votes
Bought this for I thought a 30 day trial..the next day my credit card was charged 74.87, 74.88, and a charged for a mail order for 30.00..called them oh course waited 20 minutes and then on and hold for another 30 min...I wanted to cancel but guess what I got a confirmation that the machine was in the mail..that's the scam, order get their money and more and send it the next day ...I am going to have to dispute can't cancel and guess what if u really want the machine amazon has it, , which I usually check first ..I have prime and really trust amazon.
 9th of Apr, 2013 by   Lady Dyanne 0 Votes
SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!! YEP, IT BURNED MY FACE AS WELL. They lie and say you have had the product for 30 days when in fact you have NOT!!! Dr, OZ and all these people of "persuasion" need to stop leading consumers astray. I don't even watch Dr. Oz anymore. They all scam TOGETHER...Must be gettina kick back?????!!! Baloney.
 17th of Apr, 2013 by   charmaine connor 0 Votes
I love love love the derma Wand!!.I am a 57 yr okld blue eyed blonde. I have no idea why people say this product burned their skin. I use it all the time on the highest setting (I am Impatient) and I look amazing!!! My 17 yr old daughter always looks at me with amazement when I use this product. She can always tell the days I spend extra time using it. I just recommended it to my younger sister.

Lessons from the Crash of 1987