logo

Denta White

Posted:    Dani from Minneapolis

unauthorized charges

Smile Brite Co.
Unauthorized charges!!! After an on-line request for a sample which it was clearly stated that I would only be charged for the shipping of the sample (~$4) I was then sent another sample and charged $80 without my approval. I tried to contact one number listed with the product and it directed me to a completely unrelated business number. Then I tried a different number I found in association with the product's customer service center. After a notification that I would have to wait for a rep because 'of the high demand of the product named 'Denta White" I reached a CS rep who told me that Denta White was not their product. Then I explained that I thought it was all a scam and that I was going to whatever I have to to make this situation right, the rep left the phone for a moment and came back to apologize and acknowledge the product was theirs. However, he continued to tell me that their computer system was down and that he couldn't help me. We'll see. I will keep calling and then figure out what to do after that. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to deal with this please let me know. I am disgusted that the world/internet is so full of sames and lacking morality and ethics.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Jul, 2009 by   crystalharr -1 Votes
Close your bank account and open a new one. I had a similar experience with another product. I talked to my bank they closed my account and transferred what I had into my new account. The company cannot do anything because what they are doing is illegal.
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   cherryblossom -1 Votes
I also ordered the free sample of denta white, the shipping that month was $1.87, not bad for a little package with 2 plastic things to go over your teeth, two little injections, the package was all beat up, looked like it had been opened before.
But the next month I received another shipment, I was billed $78.38 and $5.95 for shipping, the same merchandise. It was all charged to my discover card. I talked to rep, who assured me, I could not send the dent white back and if I did I would be charged any way. I tried the denta white for three weeks, can't tell any difference in my teeth. What to do? I think it's a big scam and rip off.
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   Plecca +2 Votes
Before purchasing products online it is important to read the terms and conditions of the offer and to make sure you have the correct product when trying to cancel. There are a lot of these kinds of companies and it can be confusing.

DentaWhite customers can cancel their product by going to white-smiles.com and clicking on the cancellation link at the bottom of the page. There you can also find the terms and conditions link that would be very helpful to read.
 23rd of Jul, 2009 by   AVictimNeedVoice 0 Votes
I was tricked by this company, I think they tried to intentionally mislead the customer. Acutally it is my credit company warned me about this possible problem, and I have canceled the order the same day. Their agents promised nothing will be charged or shipped from this point on except for the $.99. If not, I will report to BBB and get the bottom of it.

Another worth product comes with it is called "Dazzal White", same thing.
 30th of Jul, 2009 by   Baltigore -1 Votes
I had the same thing happened to me. I called the bank I disputed the charges and I got a new card with a different number. They said that should take care of it I didn't have to close my account and open a new one though
 30th of Jul, 2009 by   cdlane 0 Votes
I just got of the phone with them and they gave me an RMA number to send the product back, that was the 2nd of July 2009, still no refund. The girl said that she couldn't issue the refund beause the product was opened. The product was not opened! I sent a signture required when I sent the product and show that it was sent to them by thire RMA # and then she said that I was beyound the 30days and was not eligable for a refund.. I told her I want her name and a supervisor and she said she couldn't do that and the supervisor would give me thire name if I got to one. Sounds like a scam to me. I think we all should send this to the tv channel they claim backs them and see what some bad publisity will do for them.
 13th of Aug, 2009 by   Captlee -1 Votes
I feel into the same scam trap that the others have commented on. I am going to cancell this card and get a new on. Please tell everyone you know about this FRAUD!!!
 14th of Aug, 2009 by   chaikin2read -1 Votes
I had problems with this company also. Ordered on the 3rd and canceled on the 13th. I was charged for another product on the 13th. Argued with them only received 50% discount not a refund. I was told what is sent out is not a trial size but a full product and if you do not cancel within ten days you are then charged for the so called free trial. Be sure if you try this to cancel before ten days after ordering. Be on the safe side cancel early!
 21st of Aug, 2009 by   nz5 -1 Votes
This company is running some SCAM!! I also tried to cancel the product and they wouldn't do it because it was after 10 days and they wouldn't remove the charge back even I shipped it back to them. They are totally scamming people and it should be stopped. No reputable company would charge you even if you returned the product unused, which I did and was not refunded due to the time frame. This is such a bogus scam - I am ashamed I was intrigued by the so-called "free trial"!
 26th of Aug, 2009 by   Al Lex 2005 +1 Votes
I DO CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR THIS COMPANY, and you know what thank you to the people who KNOW how to read. It's annoying taking calls from people who are acting stupid like they dont know anything. Read before you sign up for things. These sites do NOT say FREE TRIAl they say TRIAL PERIOD! you know made yourself believe it was free. You will not find the word free on the site. The conditions are RIGHT NEXT TO THE CREDIT CARD BOX. stop being lazy it take 2 minutes to read!!! Im 21 and my mom taught me at a young age NOTHING is free so everyone who calls is older then me, so you look dumb when I learned that YEARS ago, Its NOT A SCAM just read what you freakin sign up for!
 27th of Aug, 2009 by   llu 0 Votes
I have an email that says I would be billed for the shipping of my sample. It clearly says sample not trial . Samples are one thing, , , , , , , trials are another.
How can you work for such a company...do you like your job?
I too am going to persue this as far as possible, I will pay for anything I buy, but did not see how I was purchasing it. The things you are supposed to read to know this are well disquised. If it is a good product we would pay whatever for it and not B___!LL
 2nd of Sep, 2009 by   KGerrick +1 Votes
I ordered this free trial also. However, when you do this you MUST read all of the print. It specifically stated that I would automatically receive another shipment after 10 days and be charged that same amount if I did not cancel before that 10 days was up. I ordered anyway received the product, liked it and canceled it before the 10 days was up. When I cancelled I called the number from the website that I printed out and kept in a folder titled Denta White so that I would not forget to do this. I also marked on my calender that I needed to cancel before the 10 days. I received a cancellation # from the representative and have had no problems since. I received a free product to try for the cost of shipping. You have to keep track of what YOU sign up for and be RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF!!! No one else will! Read everything before you agree. If you don't then it is your own fault not the company!! PLEASE PEOPLE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF INSTEAD OF POINTING FINGERS AT THE OTHER GUY!! DAH!!
 4th of Sep, 2009 by   helplink 0 Votes
Call customer service at: 866.982.5126 for help.
 4th of Sep, 2009 by   john lambertson 0 Votes
I also got suckered into this one and I am usually very wary of such ads-- have been having a hell of a time protecting my bank account from them. The product isn't worth diddly.
 11th of Sep, 2009 by   MarcB 0 Votes
Denta White trial kit is yours to keep, but you need to cancel the automatic upcoming shipments&charges before the end of the trial period. You can cancel on-line with a clic at the bottom under tems and conditions.

Dazzle Smile is another story. You need to return the trial kit before the end of the trial period, otherwise the value of the trail kit is charge to you (±$80 US$). You need to call them to stop the automatic upcoming shipments and also notify them that you will return the trial kit. I was told I still had enough days to have the package sent by registered mail. With a clic at the bottom of the page you register, under terms and conditions.
Here you have the ph# for dazzlewhite as well as those for Fit club and Health ressources.

Billing
When you place your order today with DazzleSmile, you will automatically become a part of our elite customer club. Your active credit card will only be billed $4.95 for the shipping of your 14-day day trial. If you choose to keep your trial, your active credit card will be billed the low member price of only $79.95 for your trial, and each additional month you continue to use DazzleSmile. (Shipped as a fresh, 3 month supply every 90 days.) And remember, there’s no obligation – you can cancel your membership at any time by calling 888-948-5508. Additionally, for your fourteen-day and twenty-eight day trials to World Club Fitness and Weight Loss Resources you will be charged $6.95 and $8.95 a month thereafter (shows as "VH ACCESS" and "HEALTHMEMBER") should you choose not to cancel. Charges for bonuses are non-refundable, but subscription can be canceled and future charges stopped at any time by calling toll-free 866-407-3685 for World Club Fitness and 866-417-6059 for Weight Loss Resources. Orders outside of US pay an additional $9.95 for shipping. No obligation, CANCEL ANYTIME!
 15th of Sep, 2009 by   jennifer b. 0 Votes
Dentawhite is a worthless company. They make sure they charge you a couple of times before you even know what happened and then they will not give you a refund even though you have not received any product.

I had 2 charges on my credit card:

8/16 Natural Clean (877-838-9121) 92.37
9/06 Healthydays (866-813-2894) 92.37

I called the first number not knowing that the 2 charges were for the same thing. Interesting how they mask it with 2 different company names. This charge would have been for the so called 'trial package' that you get charged for if you do not cancel. The person I talked to, Analisse, told me that if the product was un-opened it could be returned for a refund. Well of course it wasn't unopened. I had had it for a month.

I then made the second call. Found out it was for the same thing but it was for product I did not even have. The person I talked to, Natasha, said that it was on its way. I told her that I would send it back for my refund which was what Analisse said I could get. She told me that Analisse did not say that and that I could not get a refund. Needless to say I got pretty irate, and she hung up on me.

Well I called again. This time Chad talked to his supervisor and they said I could get about $60 back. This for something I had not even received yet.

These people are scum of the earth. Do not buy!!!

I did get the address of their legal department if anyone cares:

428 East Thunderbird Rd #131
Phoeniz, AZ 85022
 15th of Sep, 2009 by   helplink 0 Votes
You can return the product for a full refund, but don't wait till it is too late to return. Just call customer service at 866.982.5126. both are easy to do.
 17th of Sep, 2009 by   LOH +1 Votes
I am another victim of this SCAM. They charged me $92.00 for the product that of course they said was free.
I called my bank to dispute this charge and they contacted the company in order to confirm that it was an actual mistake, and I was more than happy that they could hear it, because I was sure that I did not agree to pay NINETY TWO DOLLARS for that mediocre product. However, I had the misfortune to speak with the worst costumer service representative that I have ever talked to.

She had NO training whatsoever, she was nasty, she yelled at me, and told me that I didn't know how to read: " it was very clear on the website, you probably don't know how to read."
After she left me and the person from my bank on hold for TWENTY MINUTES, YES 20 minutes, we had to call back and speak to someone else, who was not very helpful either. He said I could return the unopened product and that I will get my money back in 3 weeks. He assured me that i will get it; that is yet to be seen.

Now, in order for you to see the kind of people who work there, just read - Al Lex 2005- from 21 days ago and notice the " Class" this person has. Do you think a person with a Costumer Service training or with at least some sort of education will say something like that to " Their costumers"??
Remember this Al Lex 2005 next time you want to be disrespectful and nasty to people : "Your satisfaction is our number one concern." or just quit working in costumer service, that is obviously not for someone with an attitude like yours.
 17th of Sep, 2009 by   LOH 0 Votes
I completely agree with LOH, same thing happened to me and it is just another long story to tell. All I have to say is that those companies are not only fraudulent but also have the worst marketing strategy that tricks people and basically robs them.

Stay away from Denta White and Dazzle Smile!

This is for Al Lex 2005 :

Your mother should have taught you proper spelling and grammar at a
young age. It doesn't surprise me that you work as a customer service
rep for this company. You are all unprofessional, unhelpful, and rude.
Lazy is when you have a job, you get paid for it, and you're unwilling
to help.
Customer service would be considered an oxymoron for this
company. There were websites outside of your company's website that
stated the product was free. Clicking on a few links that takes you to
another website that might say the conditions in small print is a scam.

Life lessons are free, I got my money back! So dear, your mother was wrong.
 17th of Sep, 2009 by   jennifer b. 0 Votes
LOH - How did you get your money back?

And for Shaylyn R. - What 60 day period? None of the 3 so called customer service reps said anything about that. And in any case I have never received the second shipment for which I was billed the second $92.37. So I have nothing to return. Basically, I have been charged $184.74 for a trial which I believed was free because your advertisement insinuated that.

I guess since I was charged for something I did not receive, I now have something I can report to the BBB and my credit card company.

Tips How To Get Back Overdraft Fees From Your Bank