logo

Scam ?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Defrauded by GMAC Loss Mitigation Department, GMAC Mortgage, 800-850-4622, 800-766-4622 Complaints & Reviews - Federal Fraud

Defrauded by GMAC Loss Mitigation Department, GMAC Mortgage, 800-850-4622, 800-766-4622 Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Raul458

Federal Fraud

I have a $200, 000 mortgage on my house with GMAC Mortgage. I was behind payments on my mortgage for several months. My total default amount for all the months I skipped payments totaled out to $9, 724. The GMAC Loss Mitigation dept kept on calling me and harassing me. They called me several times a week and demanded I pay the entire default amount of $9724.00 in full in order to get current on the loan, or that I at least begin partial payments on it. After several weeks of harassment, I finally agreed to pay them $1000, I gave them my bank account information so they can withdraw the stated amount of $1000, but instead they withdrew $3000!!! Only a few days later after checking my bank records I found out, and right away I called the GMAC loss mitigation dept and demanded to speak to the manager in charge, and they made me hold on the line for over an hour, and then disconnected me, I called back the next day, and again they made me hold on the line, this time for 40 min. Finally I spoke to the manager, and they refuse to give me back my $2000, because they claim I owe them $9, 724.00 and thus they are giving me a hard time returning my $2000 which they stole. Yeah right they made an accidental error by over charging!!! I doubt it was an error, this is probably how they operate!!! They are crooks and thieves!!! Don't ever use GMAC mortgage!! Here are their numbers 8008504622, 8007664622
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Jun, 2010 by   Nickster989 0 Votes
You aren't paying your mortgage and THEY are the thieves?!
 25th of Aug, 2010 by   UnderWater 0 Votes
I have GMAC too. My mortgage went up over $500/month because of an error in the initial loan with regard to my annual property tax. So I have to pay the new, increased property tax, plus the amount in arrears for last year's taxes. I am struggling with the new payment due to having been laid off twice in 13 months and I contacted them and offered a partial payment and asked if I could have a month's grace period. In the past I have gotten letters from another mortgage company that said that because I had paid on time for a certain number of months, I could take a month off. Of course, the amount is added on the back end, but a month's break would help me get back on track with my payments. Please note that I was only late that month. The previous month had been paid. They said I could send the partial payment but they would not apply it to the account. They would hold the money and I would still show delinquent on the full amount. What the heck help is that!? I thought the banks were supposed to be working with us. The wisdom has always been to contact creditors as soon as you start having trouble and try to work it out. Apparently, GMAC is not part of the "wise". Very disappointing.
 11th of Nov, 2010 by   cshep 0 Votes
When I was struggling with GMAC they told me we "don't have to do anything or help anyone because we are privately owned. We only have to do something when it is federally mandated". Nice policy out of curiosity who had there hand out first when Obama was handing out money?
 30th of Mar, 2011 by   hope and a prayer 0 Votes
We have a mortgage with GMAC and we had lived in our home for 17 years when our business was so slow it affected our ability to pay our mortgage on time. After the first late payment I contacted GMAC, they didn't call me, I called them to express my concern due to the economy and our business. They went over our financial obligations and determined that we could not afford our home an longer and told me they will need to foreclose. After many calls, I convinced them to work with us and determined that we were short by $400 per month and so they added 7 years to the back end of mortgage which lowered our payment by $400. This did not lower our payment enough and I told GMAC we would like to go to a 30 year mortgage to get the payment lower. They refused and stated we need to take the modification they offered or they will foreclose. We were bullied into it. We only had 8 years left to payoff our mortgage and they were threatening to foreclose. Since our home had equity, they were pushing us to give up. Just after we took the modification, I lost my job of 18 years in management. I had to live on unemployment and our business was gone. We are a family of 4 and still fighting to keep our home we worked so hard for. We go to court in 3 weeks for a ruling from the judge on whether or not GMAC can proceed to take our home.
I just want to say that this company was rude and sarcastic when I called them for help early on. That was 2 years ago. I recently spoke with someone at GMAC who was very pleasant about the situation. That took 2 years and the lady said they are being mandated by the government to work with homeowners under certain circumstances. So when they are forced, they will treat you with respect. I would definately look for a better mortgage company. Hope this helps someone.
 2nd of Jun, 2011 by   ClearinTexas 0 Votes
If you are in Texas, hire an attorney. Find a Houston Real Estate Attorney. Consider The Weaver Law Firm. www.WeaverLawyers.com
 10th of Aug, 2012 by   Rob the Poet 0 Votes
As a legally deaf person, I learned that GMAC Mortgage tried to reach me at my phone number via the ZVRS (my relay service provider) this morning. We refused to answer their phone call because GMAC Mortgage refused to leave me their call message at the same time. I received an alert message with GMAC's foll-free number sent from my relay service provider. I checked out their number through the Internet to identify name of the company where they called me directly. Now, I do not have a mortgage from GMAC but I still have a mortgage loan. I believe that GMAC will continue to harass me and other disabled people who do not have mortgages with GMAC. We could file complaint with the US Dept of Justice's ADA Civil Rights and any state attorney generals against the GMAC Mortgage for phone-call harassment. I just want to warn. Thanks.
 18th of Apr, 2013 by   JAVQ 0 Votes
I was also defrauded by GMAC Loss Mitigation Department, GMAC Mortgage, 800-850-4622, 800-766-4622. I fell behind one month, and they sent me into foreclosure. I owed $167K on a $171K loan. After a one year ordeal with GMAC, rude condescending people, sending them hundreds of documents, they forced me into signing a $180K new loan / huge late fees / higher monthly payment amount. House is worth about $100K. These guys are crooks and thieves. I had to contact my local Senator, for help. He was not able to do much, and said I should get legal help to go up against them.
 3rd of Jun, 2014 by   Maries mortgage 0 Votes
I have a mortgage with GMAC. I stay exactly 30 days behind each month. Had some Health issues over a year ago and to behind. I have never been able to catch back up. I pay GMAC $34 late fee's every month, and have for over a year now. They call me over and over and over again. I spoke to them once and they said I need to fill out a loan modification. What I need is a way to pay $200 or $300 hundred extra each month until the month that is late is caught up. I am late then, 30th day hits I make payment with late fee $1109.00 . Then I am due again on the 1st- grace period till the 15th, then this starts all over again. However I have learned, they are not interested in helping me. When you take out a mortgage, you have to have home owners ins. And its attactched to your note, and your property taxes are as well. One other thing you are paying is called Mortgage Insurance. That has to be paid for the first 10 years of the loan by you- however it covers the lender in case you default. So they don't care if you pay them, because hey are insured if you don't. Then they can foreclose on you and sell your home, and still bill you for the remainder. Homeowners ins is for you.. Mortgage insurance is there to protect the lender in a default. So if you default within first 10 yrs they don't care, they are insured for that. These bankers don't care about you and me the little guy. They aren't very nice with their harassing calls.

Back to School Savings