logo

Norwalk Community Hospital
RACIST NURSES, AND HARASSMENT
2. (0 mins ago)
Lifetouch Photography
Terrible service, no refund received
3. (29 mins ago)
Prizeclaim@freelotto.com
Unable to ascertain prize money
4. (39 mins ago)
oneforkids.co.uk
Fake DVDs and seller is liar
5. (41 mins ago)

deep sea cosmetics

Posted: 2011-05-26 by    KatieMac

Kiosk Ripoff

Deep Sea Cosmetics
Visiting Concord Mills Mall in Charlotte, NC, I stopped at a kiosk for Deep Sea Cosmetics. The staff seemed knowledgeable and the cosmetics demonstrated well, so I made a large purchase. Their major claim was that the Hexalin line was a chemical facelift and would replace the dangers and cost of Botox and surgery with regular use. Since I was spending so much money, I asked three times if it was money back guarantee, and the manager said yes. My receipt said No Returns, but the manager said he would guarantee it and gave me his cell number and email address - the salesgirl also gave me her email address. I told him I lived 150 miles away and couldn’t come back, but could I mail it back, and he said “Of course, we want you to be happy and tell all your friends”.

When I got home, I decided they were not having the promised effect. Surprise! No answer to the cell phone, the manager's email was returned, and the salesgirl never answered me. I checked their website at www.deepseacosmetics.com and they will not accept returns or guarantee products purchased outside their website.

I also found the same products for 10- 20% of retail on Amazon and EBay. The products are not garbage; they are good quality and beautifully packaged, but the website and kiosk prices are a major ripoff.
Comments United States Cosmetics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Jul, 2011 by   Michele888 0 Votes
To whomever it may concern:

Deep Sea Cosmetics (www.deepseacosmetics.com) and Deep Sea Cosmetics Canada ( www.deepseacosmetics.ca) are both reputable companies and leaders in Dead Sea cosmetics, cosmeuticals and other products. Their Age Perfection Series and Age Perfections Series - Hexalin Line are the best products on the market using state-of-the-art technology to deliver produces with an unprecidented efficacy. You need to use the product completely to see results. You can't expect to see results after one or two treatments. It is a long-term process. It took years for the ravages of time, age, heredity and the sun to do their worst on your skin. It takes discipline and committment to get the results you are after. The Hexalin line has complex peptides, botanicals and Argeriline in the products to work on those fine lines and wrinkles.

When you buy a high end cosmetics you don't go to Ebay or another discount location on the internet hoping for the freshest ingredients that have not passed their sell-by date or expiration date.

To buy Deep Sea Cosmetics, go to the source www.deepseacosmetics.com or www.deepseacosmetics.ca for the best deals and the best prices. Ebay can undercut prices because they are like a bargain basement outfit. I would not want to leave my purchase in the hands of a third-party that can not know everything about the products and give you good client aftercare.

Deep Sea Cosmetics and Deep Sea Cosmetics Canada prides themselves on offering the best Dead Sea Salt products with the latest in cosmeuticals in the world. That's why they are the leaders and innovators in this niche market of the cosmetics industry.

You will see improvements if you use the products as directed and use the products until they are finished. You can't exercise once or twice and hope to get fit, therefore you can't use a product once or twice and hope to get results. No product works in a lasting way only after one or two treatments if you have a lot of damage - fine lines and wrinkles to resolve.

Stay committment to your choice, you were not misled in the efficacy of the product. If it stated that there were no returns, then you should not have assumed differently regardless of what the sales staff told you. I think they wanted to easy your buyer's remorse by telling you that you could return the product.

You would have to contact the Head Office at www.deepseacosmetics.com to find out if they can give you the aftercare you need and answer any remaining questions you may have about the products you purchased.

You made a good investment in your skin by buying Deep Sea Cosmetics. Now, allow it to work and enjoy the luxuriousness of the products.

Hope this helps,
M. S. Myers
 9th of Jul, 2011 by   Maxiee -1 Votes
Bought mine from a kiosk in Indianapolis...highly marked up. After the salesman finished his spill, trying to make it seem as though he was doing me such a huge favor I paid 25.00 ea for 2 nail kits ...plus tax, so about 53.00. At Amazon you can purchase the same kit for 16.50 ea...includes shipping. The kiosk doesn't give refunds either..just exchanges. It is a nice product but I suggest getting it on Amazon why pay 20% more.
 11th of Aug, 2011 by   lyn1964 0 Votes
I bought mine, body salt from a kiosk in NH, the product does work well, but they dont need to charge DOUBLE the price you can get right off line. my jar was 30.00 dollars when it should have been 16!!! i used it before and knew it worked, but those people with accents can confuse you, and are definatley a ripoff!
 21st of Aug, 2011 by   knantz 0 Votes
I have fallen victim TODAY as a matter of fact in the same Concord Mills (Charlotte area) location. I knew there were no refunds but the demonstrations done on me proved to me that the products work very well. Being super sensitive about my 35-year-old, acne riddled skin, I was extremely impressed by the effectiveness. $400 later (at a supposed 50 % discount and many other "freebies"), I finally had to get almost rude to get away from the kiosk. Now, I'm on the internet tonight and see that yes, I could have gotten everything I bought today for about $190 dollars from Ebay or Amazon. And keep in mind I was supposed to be getting an unheard of deal. They kept reemphasizing to me as well that they were willing to give me these ridiculous discounts because they wanted me to promote the products to my friends, family, and co-workers when they ask what I am doing differently. If my skin does continue to improve, I will definitely promote the product. Anyone that knows me knows how much my skin bothers me. However, I will not be recommending the products at the kiosk, nor will I return there to make future purchases. And Heaven help the salesperson that "barks" at me across the mall next time as I will in a not-so-inside-voice advertise to all standing there that the same products can be found on Amazon for 75% less.
 6th of Oct, 2011 by   Sharon Cloy 0 Votes
I also agree with each and every one of the comments... I was walking through the mall minding my own business, when a foreign lady from the kiosk in Mobile, AL. Bel Air Mall called me over and gave an excellent presentation... I had not planned on spending the amount that I'd spent...$120.00.. They kept bargaining with me.. They started at $170.00.. Im like, definetly not...i looked on the internet for discounts and they were about 70% cheaper..
 16th of Nov, 2011 by   mlund77 0 Votes
The saleswoman at the kiosk was trying to get me to purchase a serum, moisturizer, eye serum and cream and exfoliating and lotion for my hands. She told me the serum was $400 for the bottle and if I bought it I would get the eye cream and hand scrub and lotion for free. So I bought it thinking I was getting a good deal... Online price for serum is $150. Basically the $400 I spent was the total price for all my items, I dod not get anything free. The kiosks are a scam. I have only used the products for 2 days and so far seem to really like them, especially the the eye ream, I see a decrease in my dark circles already!
BEWARE of the kiosk sales people!! Know the prices before hand so they don't rip you off and make you think you are getting a deal, when really you're not!
 20th of Dec, 2011 by   pks235 0 Votes
I too went to the Concord Mills mall and had a kiosk experience! The young salesman really knew how to do his job! He hooked me by asking if I washed my hands alot, I usually just walk on by, I have NO IDEA why I allowed myself to be cornered by this young man. He was absolutely the best salesperson I have EVER encountered. He relieved me of $130--the salt scrub, the body lotion, and two "free" nail kits--it was like I knew I was being ripped off but couldn't escape with my money. I think I was put into some kind of sales trance by his accent. I do LOVE the nail kit, but I'm sure I got thoroughly ripped off. I think that kid could have sold me a dirty dish towel and convinced me that I could NOT live without it!! Beware the kiosk dudes!!!
 21st of Jan, 2012 by   dmg129 0 Votes
I'm a Canadian and was visiting a mall in Main. I too got swept up into a demonstration and before I knew it, I spent WAY too much money on just a few products. I purchased the facial product which basically gave me an immediate face lift. I thought it was amazing. The only thing is, once you start putting on your moisturizing creams it cancels the face lift effect. It also leaves a 'dry salt' appearance on your face and shows through my makeup. I am thoroughly disappointed in myself for getting sucked in. I also purchased the nail kit for $50.00. I found out later that I could have purchased the same individual products for about 1/4 of that price. Another thing, I forgot to ask if the other 2 products I purchased were scent free and, unfortunately, they were not. Now, I have to use them only when I won't be in the company of other people. The scent is very strong! Oh well, it was an expensive kiosk visit. NEVER AGAIN !!!
 24th of Jan, 2012 by   Cejamaq 0 Votes
I was just at the Forum Shops at Caesars in Las Vegas. I went over to the kiosk to inquire about an eye cream for my friend (a guy). I got sucked into the same thing. I kept saying, "no thank you, I am just here for someone else." As soon as I would the say that the salesman would whip out another product to throw in for free. I ended up with a lot of product and very confused. When I got back to the room I decided I would just take the product back. It was ridiculously expensive and I was thinking I didn't even know what all the product was or how to use it. He charged my card three seperate times for products but when I went into my shopping bag to get the receipts I couldn't find any. So I was looking online and saw this complaint blog. Now I know why he didn't put the receipts in the bag. I thought about going back and making a big deal but the thought of spending more time in a mall during my short stay arguing with people who were professional rip-off artists didn't appeal to me. So now I have a whole bunch of product that I am sorting through and I am realizing that some bottles are wrapped inside the packaging and some aren't. I called the numbers I found on the internet for Natural Color out of Henderson, NV (listed on my credit card statement) but they are both disconnected. I will be calling the Forum Shops office tomorrow to see if they can get a hold of them for me. It seems a little odd that some products are packaged in plastic and some aren't. Had I known that the product was non-returnable I would have never purchased. Every reputable skincare company I know gives a money back guarantee. It really irks me that the salesperson was underhanded in that way. Hopefully the products will work out.
 16th of Mar, 2012 by   NIcolec 0 Votes
I also usually don't listen to those people either but he showed me, my daughter and her friend and were all surprised to an extreme difference after just one application. I really had no money to spend on that right now and he kept being persistent and like finally said 79 for the eye complex which is half price but not really cause he said it was 130. I caved and i very dissapointed with my self I spent 85 dollars and looked it up and saw that I could buy it for 26 on amazon. Sick to my stomach over it but to make my self feel better about, 1) It did really work and maybe it will be worth it. 2) They are in business to make money. I just helped their revenues and 3) I could have spent more on other eye creams. So whatever Live and Learn
 1st of Apr, 2012 by   stopbeingstupid 0 Votes
M.S. Myers- I am sorry you are so ignorant. It is not acceptable business practice, in any circumstance, to knowingly lie to your customers. To try to ease buyer's remorse by telling someone they could return something they were fully aware was untrue? Did you actually read how moronic that sounds after you typed it? That's not ok!!! That's fraudulent! Misrepresentation! Good companies wouldn't encourage this sales tactic- lie to the customer and trick them into purchasing your product. You obviously work for the company, and are terrible at your job. The whole thing is a scam.
 19th of Apr, 2012 by   CutiePi 0 Votes
I too was minding my own business when literally taken by the arm and dragged to a chair. I repeatingly said NO, and finally gave in to the demonstration. I was surprised by the instant results. However, two salespeople kept badgering me about how bad my skin looked and how these products were a treatment and the best on the market. I was even told they were on the Dr. Oz show and work, better than botox. I had planned to purchase some skincare products that same day at a well-known retail store. I allowed myself to be talked into a $300.00 purchase. I was told the products were full size and would last up to two years. I get the products home and they are in a huge box, then a huge jar, but only about 2 oz of product in the jar. The saleswomen were good and I did buy into this gimmack, although I know better. So I will be a little stronger when the next one grabs my arm. I can only hope the products work as demonstrated. But I did find it a bit funny to read the response that said use the product until the end before you can see a result. Another scammed and taken in victim.
 17th of May, 2012 by   LDS4963 0 Votes
I used the wrinkle treatment for 2 days and it burned under one of my eyes so I stopped for a couple of days. I thought the results were amazing but it does leave a "salty" white residue on your skin which I don't like! I was wondering what someone else did to make this less noticable. It was a very high pressure sales person but I did get several items for for the price I paid so I did probably pay too much but I when you break them all down it was probably about an average price for what I got. I was just really hoping that the face product worked without any problems. If I can figure out the residue part hopefully I will have it licked. I could tell a difference in my wrinkles!
 27th of Jun, 2012 by   MamaDog 0 Votes
A kiosk for Deep Sea Cosmetics in Mishawaka, In over billed my Debit Card for thousands of dollars.Sending the charge through not one but twice Billling me for products they stated were gifts. I returned to the kiosk and was advised they would not make an adjustment nor take the items back. Employees state their Boss would need to auth the refund but the man refused to speak with me. I called the corp. office in Miami, Fl they advised they do not handle problems or returs for the Kiosk as they are afiliates, not part of main company.The main office in Miami would not give me the owners names or who contact then hung up on me. I found complaints like this all over the US. I think this company is a part of AHAVA Skin Care At Dead Sea Cosmetics. which is being being boycotted and protested in other countries for fraud and breach of Article 49(6) of the Fourth Geneva Convention. the Dead Sea products are advertised and being produced in Israel whenin fact much is being produced in West Bank of Palestinian territory. I have found that many of the employee working in the mall are here on student visa or vistors and should not be working.. Why are the Malls and Departments Stores who caring these product not doing better job monitoring these businesses?? This is how 911 happened, when INS, now home land security, does not keep up with the people that are entering the U.S.A. becareful of your credit cards
 4th of Jul, 2012 by   P M D 0 Votes
I fell victim to a similar sales pitch in Columbus, OH. The salesman promised me that I could return the product, as I was not sure about it and said that I wanted to talk it over with my husband. Purchasing it then would save me a trip! Well, I tried to take it back the next day, as the cost was the entire amount of my social security check. They refused to take the product back, but promised me that a manager would call me that evening. NO one ever did. I had a friend shopping with me the day of purchase and she heard their return claim too. She will go with me today and we'll see what happens.
 12th of Jul, 2012 by   This gets my goat 0 Votes
I, too, fell victim. What I purchased at a kiosk in a Denver I could have gotten at Amazon for one tenth the price! it is a scam, ripoff and major fraud. Why is the US letting this happen?
 24th of Jul, 2012 by   gigijackie 0 Votes
I too fell victim to some products that I purchased in February of 2012 along with my sister, another victim. We were suckered in by a beautiful looking salesgirl we me in Las Vegas. We spent over $200. We are stuck with products that burned our face and didn't take away our wrinkles. We would just love to replace the wrinkle face lift cream and facial peel for a couple of moisturizers instead. I lost my job seven months ago and can't afford such a loss. Buyer beware!
 25th of Jul, 2012 by   Davisra 0 Votes
I'm a financial analyst and usually pretty level-headed when it comes to pushy salespeople at mall kiosks. I, too, fell for the sales pitch of a young lady at the Circle City Mall in Indianapolis (I don't remember her name, unfortunately). After reading previous posts I see I'm not the only one to succumb in a moment of weakness. It was near closing time & I was killing time walking through the mall while my teenage son was "vegging out" in our hotel room. After trying to sell me a nail treatment (I never do my nails) I made a fatal mistake - I mentioned my unhappiness with the dark circles under my eyes. Lo and behold she had just the product for me! She used the Intensive Firming Eye Serum & Vitalizing Eye Complex Cream under my left eye and "wow, just look how well your dark circles are already responding" - wouldn't I keep using this product at home? I asked if they had smaller sizes (after all, who wants to buy a 2-year supply of something that ends up not working) and of course she didn't since the product "has to be shipped all the way from Israel." She demonstrated the Refined Wrinkle Filler under my other eye and thought that one worked wonderfully as well - wouldn't I want this same effect back home? To seal the deal she "threw in" the wrinkle filler for free (saleslady's partner had a "special coupon"). I'm 56 and yes, I've spent what feels like a fortune over the years trying to keep wrinkles & sagging skin at bay. I've not found any eye product yet that gets rid of my raccoon eye circles. I feel like an idiot for being talked into $250 worth of eye care products (Intensive Firming Eye Serum and Vitalizing Eye Complex Cream and the "free" Wrinkle Filler) but after 1/2 hour of various demonstrations and "wow, your dark circles are already less noticeable" I caved in. Now all I can do is pray the products work & consider them a souvenir of my trip touring colleges with my son. Thank goodness there are no Deep Sea kiosks in Madison Wis!
 4th of Aug, 2012 by   bbharrison 0 Votes
I was lied to and completely ripped off and I fell for it, I feel sick to my stomach! I went the Concord Mills Mall in Charlotte and Jacob sold me 380.00 worth of product that I could have purchased from Amazon for 126.00. He flat out lied to me he told me the Black Diamond – Magnetism Mud Mask retailed for 300.00 I paid 85.00 and I can get it from Amazon for 28.43. And that’s only 1 of the eight products I purchased. I’m considering protesting that kiosk every Sat for the next three months. I will be posting about my experience on Facebook and Twitter on their pages and mine. If I ever see anyone at one of the kiosks I will stop every time for the rest of my life to tell the people they are getting ripped off. I’ll even bring it up on my phone and show them the Amazon prices. This can’t be legal it’s 100% immoral.
 17th of Aug, 2012 by   Lucy Haven 0 Votes
I was scammed in Nashville and I am so embarrassed that it happened to me, I know better. I returned products next day and was told no refunds, asked to see the sign (hidden behind register)to get rid of me they gave me more free products. We worked with manager in Miami, he made it sound like he would work with us, but after 2 months it was obvious he was stalling and had no intention to help us. So we filed a complaint with the mall and went back to Nashville(12 hours away) We went straight to the mall office and they went with us to the kiosk and we demanded a refund or would take them to small claims court(no refund sign again) After many hours we did get a refund, but we sure worked for it and we told them we were not going away. I think it was difficult for them to make sales while we were there. I will never buy from a kiosk again! This was an education for me and I learned I am not as smart as I thought I was.

Credit Report Ripoff?