logo

Ponzi Scheme

DebtPro123
California
debtpro123.com
This company offers debt settlement type of services but it's a big ponzi scheme. The popular saying, "if it's too good to be true then it isn't" applies to DebtPro123. They offer settlements much much lower than any other debt settlement company in the nation. It's because it's a ponzi scheme/scam. DebtPro123 is a front for another company called U.C.G. and both companies do not exist under the Department of Corporations. I found DebtPro123 through a broker once I signed on with them. I found out I will be doing the business with UCG. So basically, I'm paying for the broker fees, DebtPro123 fees, and UCG fees on top of the settlement with creditors. It turns out they did nothing and creditors kept on calling. Do your homework before you consider using them. DebtPro123 is owned by Bryan Taylor (http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2006/06/cfa.shtm), this guy already has been fined by the FTC.
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Jun, 2009 by   DebtPro123 +1 Votes
I am concerned about a complaint that was brought to our attention today. http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/debtpro123-c208132.html

I believe this comment to be a false accusation, either by a competitor in the industry or a disgruntled “supposed” client (I say “supposed” client because he/she does not identify him/herself) who did not do his “homework” in regards to our program, and as such is displacing his own insecurities to the world so that he doesn’t feel so bad about the financial situation he has caused due to his own accord. I challenge all of his/her claims, and encourage anyone who finds this to not be fooled by this rash and uninformed individual.

About his claim to us not being listed under the Department of Corporations, please note that we are an LLC, and as such do not have a listing under the "Department of Corporations." Please feel free to go to http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/ and note that there are two different fields to search, 1.) Corporations 2. LP/LLC. Please do type in “DebtPro 123” in each and see which one it pops up in.

Also the use of the word "Ponzi" this individual uses in the title of the complaint, we feel has no grounds, and as such the individual is simply “name calling” and this type of unfounded claim should be considered slander.

About UCG. Our client contract clearly outlines our relationship with UCG, and apparently the person did not read the contract, which is no reason to make it seem like he has been “deceived.” Again, without identifying him/herself there is no way to tell if this person was actually enrolled in the program, and if they were, they would have had to sign not only the client contract, but also the banking information sheet which also clearly outlines the relationship with UCG. On top of this, if they were a client, they would have gone through a Compliance Call that goes over all of the program details. No validity should be put to such a blanket and uneducated complaint from a person who does not read the contracts they sign, or listen to the information given about a program that they are enrolling in.

The fees he/she is complaining about "…the broker fees, DebtPro123 fees, and UCG fees…" is fully disclosed and is only 10% of the total debt enrolled, which is well below industry standard. How this fee is split up has no bearing or is any ground for alarm. What matters is the total fees charged, and this again is disclosed clearly, is explained in the conference call, and is clearly outlined in the payment calculator that is provided. Using basic math, anyone should clearly understand that 10% is the same as 10% split 3 ways. Also, we are proud that we only charge 10% when other companies charge 15-18%. How is that a bad thing?

This person claims that nothing was done to stop creditor calls, and again, it is clearly disclosed in the client contract and Compliance Call. No communication is made with the creditors until phase two. If this person was really a client, they would have received this information numerous times, and would have gotten a welcome packet that explains this again along with information about federal rights when it comes to collection calls.

Again, this "supposed" client says that people need to do their homework. I agree, and I would also argue that he needs to do his homework before making such claims on a public forum, about issues that are not issues, but fully disclosed elements, processes, and procedures of our program.

This kind of slander could be disastrous to our business and is unfounded, and therefore should be removed immediately. There is danger in allowing anonymous complaints to be posted on the web without checking validity of the company that they make claims against. We have worked hard to establish our brand, reputation, and stand behind our product. We are gaining traction, and other traditional debt settlement companies may be intimidated and as such I would go so far as to suggest that this complaint could have been a competitor who is trying to maliciously create a bad rap for what we do.

The personal attack on the owner is a slanderous attack as well and is from dealings over 6 years ago. The specifics of this claim were built around a message sent by a marketing company, redress was paid, and the case settled.

I challenge this person to identify themselves. Notice that there is no information on his profile? I wonder why that is?

We would like to formally ask for this comment to be removed, and if it is not, for people to take a good look at this reply. The complaint is ungrounded, and not based on the facts. Other than the fact that this person is uninformed about the program details, and trying to use this as a base to bad mouth us by point his finger at us rather than taking responsibility for himself and the debt that he created.

If anyone has specific questions, comments or concerns, feel free to contact us directly at 877-388-0231, and we will address things as they should be addressed, through conversation and sharing of factual information. Our goal is to make sure that our affiliates and brokers represent our product correctly in efforts to inform clients about program details, so that we can continue to help people through our debt resolution program.

Thanks for your time, and for your rational thought.
 6th of Jun, 2009 by   oracle777 -1 Votes
What did the they expect. This company is rated F with the BBB.
 8th of Jun, 2009 by   DebtPro123 0 Votes
We are well aware of the rating with the BBB, and if you take a minute to read what the rating says, it clearly states that we were classified into a category of “Debt Settlement" and as such we are automatically given this rating. If you also notice, there are no consumer complaints, and this is what is important when reading the fine print. According to the BBB, (anyone is welcome to verify this by calling them at 909-825-7280), they have an algorithm that calculates different factors. Due to the historical data that they have experienced with Debt Negotiating companies, they automatically rank such companies with low ratings. With their classification of us in this arena, as a result we have an “F” rating, which we do not feel is a valid reflection of our ability to deliver great customer service and perform on what we claim. We are working with them to provide them with any and all information to try to improve this ranking. Those familiar with Settlement models, or if you want to do research, you will clearly see that our 18 month program is not a Settlement Strategy. We assume the liability of the client’s debt by using a “notice of assignment, ” along with a limited power of attorney, to enable us to challenge consumer laws resulting in the ability to offset the debt. (Does not apply to Accts. in collections). We enforce the principles of contract law. We get the credit card companies to accept a change in the terms and conditions so they are more favorable to the client, rather than being good for the credit card companies. What we do is simple, yet very effective. The employment of this strategy has been successful for 8 years with an up front payment structure, and as of recent we have launched our 18 month payment program to make the service more accessible to individuals who can't afford to come up with the entire resolution amount up front.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   nikkibazar 0 Votes
Thanks, oracle777. I totally agree with you. There are debt settlement companies with higher ratings. DebtPro123 is full of it. I found DebtPro123's advertisement on Craigslist, and called their number just to get their voice mail. Are you serious? A company's main line going to voice mail in the middle of the day, ridiculous. Anywho, I did a search on the internet and found this posting and couple others about them. All negative! It seems like they are one of those fly by night debt settlement/consolidation companies. DebtPro123's comments it has been in business for 8 years, yet their BBB profile says it was started less than a year ago. Wow, in their math 8=1. Is that how they lower your payments, LOL. And isn't it weird, DebtPro123 has time to write this long retort, yet forgets to mention about its owner mentioned by the original complaint. Companies like DebtPro123 are just awful. Profiting on people that are in financial distress.
 11th of Jul, 2009 by   realclient -1 Votes
I was recently browsing and saw this and was very surprised. I have been a client for almost 12 months and this process is really working. I am surprised to see comments and complaints of people that don't really seam to have gone through the processs. This has really helped me... Nikkibazar? who the hell are you?

Sounds like you have your own agenda...
 24th of Jul, 2009 by   DEBTSCAMREPORTER +1 Votes
Debtpro123 is a big scam. Debtpro123 claims UCG (http://www.4ucg.com/ ) is their parent company-look at what you signing up for. They are a bunch of liars. And if you think they have lawyers just ask them for a license number and see if they give you one. Or even a name of a lawyer. REPORT THEM TO YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL IF YOU WANT THESE KINDS OF COMPANIES TO GO AWAY AND STOP PREYING ON DESPERATE PEOPLE.
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   aakf/akf -1 Votes
I've read this complaint and his responses as well as debtpro's response and still have not seen the complaining party step up to the the challenges presented. He just sounds like an uninformed bitter person, we all know there are people like that, they just complain. I've recently sat in on a presentation yesterday as a matter of fact and they clearly mentioned the 10% fee's plus the upfront fee what they do with it is their business. When you get paid what do you do with your money? Not my business right? I'm glad to have read the rest of the responses had I only looked at your initial complaint I would have been scared off and chose not to do business with them but they responded with facts and more information that has helped me to decide to do business with them. Thank you.
 1st of Feb, 2010 by   badelbai -1 Votes
I have not gone through the program yet but still reading their debt resolution pocket. I found the information/terms very informative and upfront. If I ever do make a decision to sign up for a debt consolidation, it would be with this company...I feel very informed and I'm confident that information will be available in the future if new concerns arise.
 17th of Feb, 2010 by   wifvee 0 Votes
I'm in the process of completing the four inital payment, and hope to begin paying off my creditors in the months to come. So far all is well, they are a little slow in contacting you back, but other wise I cant say much, however I will keep you posted.
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   jessica99 -1 Votes
i too had some concerns with the above statement but after speaking with my rep Liz she went through all my questions and i was told that they no longer use UCG as a fullfillment center/customer service. I really wish people would just grow up and take reponsiblity for their actions. The bible says "lead yourself"..
the way i look at this mess i am in is that if this does not work what other choices do i have? work with the bank?? i tried that and got no where and they were not willing to help. Debtpro123 clearly explained the pros and cons and Liz was very clear on expectations. we all know there are no guarantee's.. so what is all the fuss about. People have so little faith and i am a firm believer that if you project and worry about "getting scammed" then you probably will. i believe that God will not let me fail in my quest to get out of debt.. and i have faith the Debtpro123 will see my process all the way through no matter how long it takes!!!
 20th of Jul, 2011 by   RippedOffbyDebtproToo 0 Votes
Debtpro123 is a scam. Ryan Foland and Bryan Taylor are con artists. Do research on these two individuals and you'll definitely find criminal records. Stay away and report them to the FTC or your local Attorney General.
 30th of Oct, 2012 by   do-it-yourself_RUN-from-debtpro-ucg 0 Votes
I was promised to have my debt cleared ... went through the process. Now, 4 years later, still being sued by credit card companies. For others out there who need credit card relief... simply stop paying your cards... wait a couple of years. If you get a lawsuit, don't fret, just contact the firm and negotiate... start at 5% of total value then meet them at around 20c on the dollar. This can be done on your own. Be sure to contact them as soon as you receive a summons. Also, it helps if you have some proof of financial hardship (medical emergency, loss of income, etc). They will give you a hardship exemption and come down to the 20% level. Good luck and stay clear of debtpro123 and Universal Consumer Group. They will not solve any problem.

Saving on Valentine's Day