logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

2. (15 mins ago)
vass siding co., aluminum design & Hank
Actualy Extreamly Pleased With Hank & VASS!!!
3. (16 mins ago)
Clark Shoes
Soles fall apart!
4. (22 mins ago)
Attorney Gary Saunders
False Advertisement
5. (58 mins ago)
DirtyPhoneBook
Refuse to remove my phone-number!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

DE-LOTTO NORTH AMERICAN AND LONDON SWEEPSTAKES, Toronto, Ontario Complaints & Reviews - International Claims Department

DE-LOTTO NORTH AMERICAN AND LONDON SWEEPSTAKES Contacts & Informations

150 King Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada
Phone: 1-905-598-6387
I just received a check in the mail it states that I have won the De-Lotto North American and London Sweepstakes Lottery from the Kleinburgh Securities, Inc. International Claims Department 150 King Street, Toronto, ONT. The cashier's check looks real because it has the Wachovia name and logo on it. I called Wachovia to verify this check and was told that this is not theirs. This letter says not to cash the check until I call the Claims/Disbursement Agent. The letter and the check are A FRAUD...DO NOT CASH THE CHECK, DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TO THEM. SHRED IT AND THROW IT AWAY. I will be contacting my local law enforcement and my local television studio to get this information out to the public. Please! Everyone do the same. We really need to stop this crime of Identity Theft.
Comments Canada Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Apr, 2010 by   AppleKornKid 0 Votes
You actually thought it was real, lol.
 29th of Apr, 2010 by   Angela Varner 0 Votes
I just recieved a cashiser's check from kleinburgh Securities Inc saying that. I won the Lotto for $3, 875 us dollars and I had send a 2, 875.00 in taxes to Government on a big winnings but I had to call them, but no answers but it just rings and it says I have ten day
to call. It should a againts the law it needs to be "STOP" This is not oaky!
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by   D J Wood 0 Votes
I just received a similar letter and check from Kamber Securities, Inc. in Toronto Ont. Of course, there is no such company to be found on the internet. I hope nobody falls for this...
 6th of Jun, 2010 by   ZackW 0 Votes
same MO from Goldberg Securities inc, London UK on a check to be drawn from Quad Intl Inc account via City National Bank of Florida. All information seems legit - there is such a bank, there appears to be such companies. The amounts of the check, the taxes are identical.

Thanks to all.
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   joe ladies 0 Votes
What happens if you cash the $3, 875 check but still haven't send the $2, 875 can you keep the money or do you have to return it?
 10th of Jun, 2010 by   Janet Gonzalez 0 Votes
I jus got this this letter in the mail and the bank took the check but I haven't took the $$ out... What do I do!!
 10th of Jun, 2010 by   Janet Gonzalez 0 Votes
Email me at janetg402@aol.com
 22nd of Jun, 2010 by   amanidogs 0 Votes
I received the same letter from Kamber Securities Inc with a check for $3980.00 written on the Navy Federal Credit Union Bank in Springfield, VA. My bank tells me the check is bogus - which I already suspected. Because it was sent in the US mail, I'm checking with the Post Master to see if it is a case of mail fraud. DON'T fall for this scam - amanidogs
 28th of Jun, 2010 by   Outraged in PA 0 Votes
This is the third time I have received a check like this in the mail. This one is from the Goldberg Securities Inc also. It is absolutely outrageous. The ones I feel sorry for are the ones who aren't up on things, have no way of keeping up on it, and are naive. especially the elderly that give and lose the savings they have to people like these. I don't want to be in there shoe on judgement day.
 8th of Jul, 2010 by   scampbellrn 0 Votes
My boyfriend just got this in the mail, too!! Of course being an ex-cop he thought it smelled fishy. He called Navy Federal Credit Union and the account does not exist. I'm going to contact the Attorney General in the AM. What's so sad is it looks so real. I can see that someone, especially the elderly would fall for this.
 31st of Jul, 2010 by   Mags828 0 Votes
I just received a check for $3875.00 with a letter stating I won the De-Lotto North American and London Sweepstakes Lottery held on June 18, 2010. The check has the logo of M&T Bank Buffalo, NY. It does look official but how could I win a lottery I never played in? I was very suspicious when I saw the envelope. No return address and postmarked from Canada. I will contact the Attorney General Office and file a complaint and inform local news departments so others in my area will be aware.
 27th of Sep, 2010 by   Constance E. Cumbey 0 Votes
I am a Michigan attorney and also a published author. Today in a plain white envelope with a typed label, I received a letter "WINNING FINAL NOTIFICATION" and a check from an "Airboss Rubber Compounding (Inc) In, 800 Airboss Parkway, Scotland Neck, North Carolina USA 27874" purportedly drawn on Comerica Bank, Detroit, Michigan in the sum of $3, 875.00. The letter claimed it was money withheld to cover taxes on winning lotteries and that I, the winner (interesting, because I never entered such a lottery) should call a number of 1-416-843-6721 to collect the "balance" of my $125, 000 US dollars. The check was to be used to cover $2, 875 to the "tax agent" and the moneys were to be sent by WESTERN UNION.

They are obviously collating their schemes to the geographical area covered. Obviously it is a scam, but given the number of desperate people here in the Detroit area, somebody would be likely to cash it. One "Martin Lawson" signed the letter as "Promotion Agent."

I plan to turn this one over to authorities, but I have had clients who have been victims of various transmit by Western Union schemes. Usually the local law enforcement agents are so busy that they fail to deal with it, claiming any jurisdiction would be federal. The feds have bigger things on their plates.

I would beg anybody receiving this or hearing "good news" from friends that they received it to not take the bait!

CONSTANCE
 15th of Jun, 2013 by   christine1955 0 Votes
i received a letter from cohen finance that i won 1.000.000 in a sweepstakes so far there saying i have to call them in at there london office to released the cash prizewinnings there a clearance fee once that is done they will sent me a check or deposit in my bank account i don't know if this is real or what there phone number is 011-44-7451-941-569ask for charles clinton or emily anders claime no is 752ts 50 kingsway london england wc2 please let me know if this is a scam cause i think it is thank you chris booyatiti@sbcglobal, net
 16th of Jul, 2013 by   Way2skeptical 0 Votes
Cohen Finance Ltd. letter -50 Kingsway, London - dated June 7, 2013
Won $100, 000.00 on April 21/13 (didn't play)
w/ 12-17-31-34-41-44
Claim #725TS
Phone: 011-44-7451-941-569 also Charles Clinton or Emily Anders
Offering certified check or bank transfer of my 'winnings'
All they want is a 'clearance fee'
When it seems too good to be true - it is.

Better Business Bureau's Consumer Tips