logo

StreetDeal.sg
Premium Membership SCAM
4. (12 mins ago)
Yupptv.com
Next month charges before current month membership expiration
5. (17 mins ago)
Award Notification Commission
Letter stating has won prize

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    StarAlert

Solicitation for De-Age Wrinkle Serum

Starstyle® Productions, llc
California
I received a page torn out of a magazine in an envelope with no return address with a hand-written note with my first name that read "Call fast, it works. I only paid shipping!" The ad was for De-Age wrinkle serum. On the back of the page was Finance, Stock Markets around the World, page 28, April 2010. No one i know would send me anything without signing their name, so this immediately made me think this was a "scam". How wonderful the internet is because when I Googled De-Age, I found numerous complaints of the exact same ilk, with the same call to action with personalized hand writing.

BUYER BEWARE! Although I have not tried the product, I would not order any FREE sample because these kind of promotions tend to be scams designed to separate one from money. If this was "the most powerful wrinkle serum in history", high profile media would be touting the benefits. FREE is very expensive when it is unsolicited. Proceed with extreme caution.
Comments United States Cosmetics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jun, 2010 by   Etones 0 Votes
I just received the same unmarked envelope with the looks-like-it-was-cut-from-a-magazine advertisement with an unsigned personal hand written note addressed to me in the upper left-hand corner. There's no name, no company, no address, not even the name of the product, just the phone number. I have a feeling this unsolicited mail is connected to another ripoff artist "Dermitage" whom I recently filed a complaint against for their shady business. When I saw the ad the first thing that came to mind was those bastards couldn't get to scam me so now they're passing my personal information onto their friends (maybe they are one and the same!) as a means of harassment. Isn't it illegal for these criminals to use the United States Post Office in such a manner? I was almost scammed before so I knew not to call the number. Instead I typed the number into a google search and a host of complaints came up.
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by   kmj82 0 Votes
I just received the same “torn out” magazine page with the personalized note. It reeks of deception to me – just hope the word gets out enough to stop other innocent consumers from being swindled.
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by   Etones 0 Votes
I forwarded the scam mail to the US Postal Service's Mail Fraud. I suggest that everyone do the same to stop them from scamming people and taking their money. You can file a report online at:

25th of Jun, 2010 by   girliegirl 0 Votes
I have just received the same thing in the mail.. I just wanted to look it up and see realy what it was about..I came across what has been said about this.. All i have to say is thank you all for the warning and I'm putting this were it needs to be and that is in the trash..
 12th of Nov, 2010 by   SanBea 0 Votes
I agree with the general sense of comments regarding this scam. It's for the birds, like old stale bread, unedible, therefore untrue. If this were so remarkable why hasn't the general public learned about it, and why is it just through e-mails or magazine ads that one can obtain this 'remarkable' product. Because it's untrue and unfounded.
 17th of Aug, 2011 by   Carrie61 0 Votes
I received the exact advertisement last year. It was torn out of New Today-Finance section of a magazine. In one's own personal handwriting it addressed me by name and stated: Call fast, it works! I only paid shipping.
My personal address was on the long envelope, which happens to be a post office box. There was no return address on the envelope either. The envelope was meter stamped. I did look up the zip code as to where it was sent. Zip code was 85282, which is Tempe, Arizona. I thought my
husband's ex was trying to unsuccessfully send me a hidden message! All I can say is buyer's be very careful of scams such as this. I appreciate reading all of your posts for I truly thought I was receiving some type of hate mail and it ended up being a SCAM! I have lived for 61 years now, and never received anything this weird. Buyers be careful who contacts you and how you reply to such nonsense.
 1st of Mar, 2012 by   caprice phillip 0 Votes
CANADIANS BEWARE: I am in Toronto, Canada and just received the exact page with my name requesting that I call fast, it works and I only pay shipping and at the back was finance information. I called the 1-800-919-8969 toll free. I cant believe they want my credit card info...People beware who you give you credit information to. Just checked the first comment dated 2010 and it's now 2012 these people should be stopped by now.
 1st of Mar, 2012 by   caprice phillip 0 Votes
jjjjjjjjjjjj
 27th of Jun, 2012 by   Rachel E 0 Votes
I have NOT received any of those scary things in the mail.
However, I sew it another day in the thrift shop, and decided, I may try it for the $10.00 because it looks like it could be worth
$ 100.00. I am so glad I did buy it! It is actually WORKS! I could not believe my eyes: after the very first an application my skin looked so much tighter, I looked like in my 20+ again!

Here. I said it.
 31st of Aug, 2012 by   FormerEmp 0 Votes
The parent company is Perfection International Skin Care LTD 1-800-919-8969. They have two websites deageskincare.com and perfectionintl.com. This company is a SCAM. they have three different lines of Anti-Aging Serums: De-Age & Renew, SX Cosmeceuticals Firming Cream, and A Younger Look. All three lines are anti- wrinkle cream or serums where you can get a free sample when you call, but you have to pay the shipping. For the US its $13.95, for the UK its 10lbs then once they get you to set up for samples and have your Credit Card info they pitch you on the "Full Size Bottles" which last 30days. They claim these bottles come with a 60 day unconditional money back guarantee whether the bottles have been used or not. Its a SCAM. people have waited months to get refunds some never do. depending on where you call from you get the center located in the US. They claim to be a UK based Company (which is located off of 124 Baker Street 3rd Floor, London, UK yet they have a sister company in the US (call Center) on 8350 E. Evans Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85260, or the main hub in the US is
15560 N. Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd, B4-407, Scottsdale, AZ 85260. The BBB has this company listed as a C- on there website but because the company uses so many different names its hard to pinpoint. Its awful how they pray on older people not just women but men too. They claim the product can be used on anyone aging from 40-90 years old with an emphasis on "MORE MATURE SKIN" they claim the samples have a retail value (for the US & Canada $65, UK 60lbs) yet the samples are no bigger than a tub of chap-stick. Its horrible. I understand that people have to work, but you would think the reps in the call center in the US would have a little more respect for them selves and not work for such a shady company. The woman on the Aids is an employee of the company and I have to say she does not look like she has ever used the product, and if so that's proof enough it DOES NOT work. Be aware the aids sent out are either a post card that states "Call Fast, I only paid shipping" or a page that looks like its been torn out of a magazine that will have your first name printed on the top stating the same thing. So people think that a friend or family member has sent this to them when in reality they were sent out by the company itself. The product varies from a 1 month at $170 to a 4 month at over $500 for the US & Canada, and 1 month at 130lbs to a 4 month of 375lbs for the UK. This company sells to all of the US, Canada and the UK. So PLEASE BE AWARE!!!
 23rd of Mar, 2013 by   Matt Randle 0 Votes
We live in the UK and my wife received the same thing, she was gutted and really upset, she spent weeks worried sick that someone had a vendetta against her and was terrified of what else was going to arrive.
My daughter eventually had the common sense to google it and found this site, i for one would like to get hold (literally) of the bastards that send this shit out.
 23rd of Mar, 2013 by   Matt Randle 0 Votes
just a note to formeremp in the above blog, in the uk our currency is the pound or £ or GBP or even stirling but LBS is how we know how many potatoes we are buying.
 20th of Apr, 2013 by   myzee 0 Votes
My girlfriend was sorting through the mail of her recently passed Aun't while I was at work today. For some reason she decided to call this number and guess what? She got sucked in to the tune of $580 bucks Canadian. After she told me I gave her the lecture of NEVER calling anything like this. I researched these low lifes and unfortunately gave her the bad news on these scammers. Everyone BEWARE! She feels so embarrased and foolish over this...
 18th of Jul, 2013 by   joakid 0 Votes
Thank you 'former employee' and the rest of you folks. Just wish I had known about the Complaints Board before being scammed. Would you believe I just received a 2nd letter from Perfection International Skincare or is it Perfection Skincare International, or just PSI today? They must be running out of suckers!! My experience has been like everyone else, the envelope with the hand-written address, the personalized note from, you assume, a friend . . . how thoughtful! The personalized note is probably computer-generated since there is no indentation on the back of the magazine page behind the note. My sales rep was chatty Jessica, nice friendly Jessica. We talked about our families, jobs and retirement. Yes, I really got sucked in . . . NEVER AGAIN!!
And Jessica, if you ever get a chance to read this - you can read can't you? - thank you for making me a wiser person. Sleep well!!

3 Tips to Avoid Credit Card Scams