logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Hitech Creations/ Aces High
unethical behavior and rip off
2. (1 mins ago)
Not trustworthy

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Davison, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - SCAM - RIP OFF - DON'T BE A VICTIM

Davison Contacts & Informations

Davison

Posted:    NEVERDAVISON

SCAM - RIP OFF - DON'T BE A VICTIM

DAVISON, INC.
595 Alpha Drive
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
davison.com
For anyone who has been taken by Davison since the 2008 lawsuit settlement, please join the davisonisgoingdown group and invite anybody you know who has been victimized by this company. We need to come together so we can start a new class action lawsuit. Please share your story here and stay tuned for more details as I figure out how to move forward.

Here is my story:

I hired Davison who is an inventor promotional firm to help me bring my idea from conception to market. I have paid excess of $9000 in July 2009 and was last contacted by my representative Michael Grando in March 2010. At that time, I was told my actual product sample had been manufactured and was in QA and I would have a provisional patent application within 2 weeks. I never heard back from Grando and began calling leaving voicemails and sending emails. Finally I spoke to the receptionist who advised Grando was on medical leave and Gary Humes was handling my design. I began leaving Humes numerous voicemails and have also left voicemails with the Vice President and still have not received a response regarding my inquiries on my product.

Since my concerns, I have learned Davison had been sued by the FTC for practices that are still being used today in which I am a victim of. For example, I was told they had great contacts with companies, more specifically, Cuisinart with which they would be presenting my design to. I am learning that they do not have solid standing here. When I told them I had another company in mind I was told that they were the experts in this area and had done all of the preliminary research to target this company. I even asked who their contact with Cuisinart was and was told that it was a confidentiality matter and could not be shared with me. I was also told that very few people's ideas were accepted by Davison as they were selective on the applicants received but mine was being accepted for further development.

DON'T TRUST DAVISON THEY WILL GET YOUR MONEY AND NEVER CALL BACK!!!
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Jul, 2010 by   NEVERDAVISON 0 Votes
Join this group if you have been scammed by Davison since the 2008 settlement.

17th of Aug, 2010 by   kimbra1991 0 Votes
You know, I look EVERYTHING up on here and BBB. I didn't look up Davison until AFTER I had sent $695 to them. I started to worry. The next phone conversation with them, I explained how they have an F rating with BBB and how many people said they were scammed. Also, in the last 36 months they have had 211 complaints. The man I was talking to of course defended them, but I figured I'd let it all go and put it in Gods hands. My aunt (co-inventor) and I asked many questions about any more money involved. They explained there was a $110 fee for the provisional patent..Ok..not a big deal..that's cheap compared to the actuall patent (which they said the company may pay for that) They never actually tell you the price of ANYTHING until you're at that stage or if you ask, which we did. Now, for the development of the product..they said we could do it ourselves (I'm not a scientist soo..that was out of the question) or they could do it and we would pay for it. So we asked about that price. He told us the price coul range from $7000-12, 000 OR they could take another percentage from the royalty. We thought that sounded GREAT!! Well, we had just got to the price of the development stage..our options ranged from $10, 000-14, 000 and 2 of those options they would be getting a % from the royalty. He sent me an e-mail (which I STILL have) saying there were a few options that were NOT listed. During our conversation, he never mentioned any other options, also he lied because he said that we would not have to pay that price and they would take a percentage..not that they wanted money and a bigger percentage. Well that's where we ended it. They sure did know how to sell it to us though. I hope and pray something is done about this company. I'm surprised they have not been put out of business. Also, when they dropped these prices on us..they wanted $1000 of it in less than a week..when we told them we wanted out of this, the guy simply would not take NO for an answer. He said he was shocked that we didn't want to pursue it any further with them. I'm sure his rent was due! But anyways, he started to get pissy and was trying to persuade us to stay. He then told me a lady who invented a product with them, she was just on the balancing act, was unemployed and she was able to pay the money. If you're unemployed how the hell are you going to pay THOUSANDS, you're not. We're not unemployed and we couldn't even afford that much money. I really hope something is done about them.
 21st of Aug, 2010 by   Frank Wombles 0 Votes
IM ready to get this class action Rolling.I have went all the way through with my invention.Davision took $15.000 and what did I get out of it, A thing that Davision called my invention.This thing was broke and did not work anyway if it was'nt. It had been painted and stuck straight in the box.there was paint all in the box.Davison I hope you read this because I am coming after you. I will not Quit until you pay.IF anyone knows anything about a class action lawsuit against Davison please e-mail me at ( fwombles@yahoo.com )...thanks
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   Garry Mears 0 Votes
This is to all the honest attorneys out there. We are getting scammed by Davison over and over again. They have guys like Ken Mashracky and Micheal Grando. Both are working under the direction of the owner Ken Davison. They lead you into a false pretentions. So many of us believe we have a viable product. All we need is someone to believe. That courtship is how Davison gets all of us. Ken Mashracky is the point man to this scam. Imagine a pubby farm, through the numbers of us coming aboard is how Davison makes their money. They average several hundred submissions per month. If you times that by the number of years they have been doing this by the number of clients which they have sucessfully brought their concepts to the marketplace, its a small fraction. The inital fee is what tells Davison they have a "fish on". This is the point where guys like Ken Mashracky sells you into moving on further. He tells you his review board looked at your concept and they feel it has allot of potential, its unique and they believe they can develop your ideal into a product, then here's comes where they make their money. They provide you with several options to develop your concept and dollar amounts which they require to proceed. Their options has an equity stake if you wish not to pay the full amount. Its up to you to decide how much a partnership you want them to have or not. well, most to all of us decide the highest percentage as this is also the lowest cost to get to that pennicle level "marketable product" not a prototype, an actual product which you can purchase off the shelf. If our concepts are so gooooood, why aren't we securing our provisonal patent protects the moment Davison receives our first engagement payment? Its simple, they will not do this until the end or your second half payments are fullfiled. Its a tool to get you to pay the last 45%. They can come back and say, we wait until we have a more definitive product. My reply would be, provisional patents are designed to protect a design concept, where a patent protects the actual design. I ask that a honest law firm contact myself as well as all the others in this posting . This also includes any others out there who have substained FELONY losses. We all need to hold Davison responsible for their actions. My contact email is www.snowmasscontractor@yahoo.com .
 30th of Sep, 2010 by   Davison Chief Consumer Advocate 0 Votes
If you have left more than one message and have not received a prompt response, or if you feel that your project has not been handled appropriately, you may have a legitimate complaint and we would like to try to fix things. However, we don’t know who you are. Contact us via email: CCA@davisoninvents.com and talk to us. If we can’t resolve your problems, then let us have it on Complaints Board. But, we can’t fix it, if we don’t know who you are.

The company doubts that you were told that very few people’s ideas were accepted by Davison. To the contrary, if you submitted your product idea after the first quarter of 2006, you received a written disclosure that told you exactly how many people had submitted product ideas to Davison in the past five years and how many people the company offered its services to. Those numbers do not reflect selectivity. Further, you were twice given a disclosure statement that said that the company does not evaluate product ideas.

If Cuisinart was proposed to you as a potential target for licensing efforts, then you know that you were given in writing a statement of the number of times that we had presented products to Cuisinart and the number that had resulted in licenses so that you could evaluate what you thought. Davison does have great contacts with its licensee companies, but the numbers are disclosed for you to evaluate in every case. A good relationship does not make a license more likely. It is the product idea that a company considers, not Davison.

Your remarks about being a “scam” and “rip off” are completely inappropriate. Slander, defamation, and character assassination on the internet have become a concern for almost all companies. The internet does provide a mechanism for free speech, but that speech most be exercised responsibly.

Our primary interest is in resolving your complaint, if you are a client. We would need your contact information that you had submitted originally, and we would be glad to address your concerns. Again, you may contact us at CCA@davisoninvents.com.

Sincerely,

Chief Consumer Advocate
 22nd of Oct, 2010 by   johnworks24 0 Votes
I agree with you.This conpany or I should say scam took me for A big big ride.In 2006 I contacted davison to put my idea on the market to save lifes.I allready had A prototype that works very well.I told them they could take $695.00 out of my account on A certain day.well as soon as we got off the phone they pounded my bank.so all the checks I wrote turned into rubber.so I backed out and I finaly got my money back.but it does'nt stop there.Come to find out the employee I was talking to later in time used my idea and patented in and is making money.I can't believe this happened.so I'm with you and everybody.just let me know how to help
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   Inventilante 0 Votes
The employees at Davison don't give 2 sh#t's about your invention. The salesman (director) is just making a commission, the designer is just making a per-project commission passing your idea to the guy in China who works on your engineering and graphics and has no idea what's going on, and you just get a crappy end product. Oh ya..the China people...they never tell you that part do they. LOL.
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   Davison's Chief Consumer Advocate 0 Votes
We are happy to address your comment.

If you are a former employee you would understand that China is a major player in the world’s economy and that large product design and engineering firms having locations in the United States, like Frog Design and IDEO, have established offices located in foreign countries like China. We invested in China to establish an economic means to help save consumers money. As a matter of fact, in over 22 years in business, our prices have rarely gone up. We’ve been able to achieve economies of scale by working here in the United States and in China. (We’re pretty sure that the people in China desire the right to want to better their lives as we have been able to achieve here in the US so we don’t really understand why you would want to strike out at our Chinese employees. They are good people who believe in quality, integrity and our mission to be able to provide the most cost effective product design approach ever created.)

There are even design firms establishing offices in Mexico not to mention many have offices in Europe. As well, I think we all know that most major manufacturers here in the United States have offices and manufacturing plants in China and other parts of the world. It’s simply good business and saves the consumers money.

One additional fact that bears mentioning is that every product sample that is made, is assembled and packaged in the United States. There’s not really that much more to say except that we wish you the best with your career.

CCA
 16th of May, 2011 by   Cryssi4 0 Votes
I submitted my idea just last year and so far paid just $150. Things seemed fine up until a couple of weeks ago. They would call, I'd answer, and they'd be silent. A few days ago, they called again and when I answered, I heard two women laughing in the back ground. I screamed, "HELLO?!" twice and nothing. That concerned me so I looked up the complaints and found this. I was stunned. I'll tell my mom to freeze transactions between them. I'm currently unemployed and not healthy enough to work. This was my chance and they took advantage of me.
 20th of May, 2011 by   Davison's Chief Consumer Advocate 0 Votes
Cryssi4:
Davison has noticed this complaint, and we understand that there may have been a communication issue with your assigned representative. We are more than happy to look into your complaint, however posting anonymously does not allow us the opportunity to contact you directly. Below you will find the Chief Consumer Advocate’s email address. Please send us an email explaining your situation with your contact info and we will look into the file. Thank you

CCA@davisoninvents.com
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   talkrealtalk 0 Votes
Well Mr Davidson, seems like you have your work is cut out for you. Looks you need get the respect back (if there was any) I mean you said "Davidson has been in business for 20 years" Something was once good about it, what happened Is the question you and your staff need to meet about. I think you should work more on revamping your whole company and turn it into what it should be. A company that brings people ideas to life the legit way, a company that is well respected, a company that people trust and believe in. Along the way someone forgot what it takes to earn respect and trust and keep it. Because of all these stories I will not be working with Davidson and will not longer be exepting calls from Dan K. Work on revaming the business first...Thank goodness I didn't sign the agreement or gave you guys any money.

@Cryssi4 that is really messed up. If I did not read your story I would be in the same boat as you.
 8th of Jun, 2011 by   Davison_hmmm? 0 Votes
My associate and I recently came across Davison as a way to present our idea and get our idea on the market. We have had several phone conversations with the Director of New Products. We were really excited about getting started with Davison. They want $745 upfront and asked us to submit the predevelopment contract ASAP, even if we didn't have the money right away. In other words we were getting sucked into a contract. After doing some research through Google and reading everyone's complaints I am very hesitant to continue with Davison, What is most surprising to me is that everyone seems to have different fees. I'm curious because I was told that the fee of $745 was a flat fee as well as the one-time fee for the product sample. He also informed us that the company would not be asking for anymore money from us after the range from thousands of dollars is paid. Not only that but we were also told that Davison would not get their percentage until we, the clients, get everything that we have put into the development of the product. I'm not exactly sure what to do at this point but I am glad we did the research before money got involved. Please feel free to comment and provide some guidance.
 13th of Jun, 2011 by   READ YOUR DAVIDSON BROCHURE 0 Votes
I read everything in Davidson's contract before getting involved and found it way too one sided and told them so. From there the salesmanship started to fly on behalf of the VP who apparently was going to be handling my project personally, clue number two. I told him very directly that his contract was one sided and wasn't something I wanted to get involved with. Phone call after phone call flew from he trying to persuade me otherwise, even after I asked him not to call me that I would contact him if I had found they would be useful to me, of course reading their material should have been anyone's first clue this was going to be a no end insight expensive ordeal for all who thought otherwise. I simply blocked his calls to stop the continuous harassment as I saw it. I've been in business for years and Davidson is just another company trying to to take your hard earned money, don't let them. Read their material, just doing that alone should have been everyone's first clue as to what you could expect from this company, they plainly tell you in print to expect nothing from them!!! They promise nothing, including and not limited too even protecting your prototype if you should provide one. This company plays on the desperate trying to climb their way to the top of the business success ladder all awhile stealing your money and giving you nothing in return. I saw this as a scam, no different than those perpetuated in South Africa and the UK, and you should too. I have plenty of beautiful brochures showing me very successful folks, this isn't factual. If you read the material you'll see their disclaimer telling you exactly what you can expect from them and it's absolutely nothing. They tell you in plain print that out of 500, 000 applicants NO MORE THAN ONE INDIVIDUAL has made more money in royalties than they spent in the program, or words to that effect. That's not very good odds folks, that alone should have been your first clue that doing business with Davidson was going to be expensive and one sided. You pay them and they promise you nothing in return. READ YOUR BROCHURES CAREFULLY, THIS IS HOW THEY GET YOU, BECAUSE IN THE BROCHURE THEY TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT OF THEM AND THEREFORE YOU ENTERED INTO A CONTRACT WITH THEM HAVING FULL KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING!!! READ YOUR BROCHURES!!!
 20th of Apr, 2012 by   jim skalnik 0 Votes
I agree i paid for two ideas at 795.00 each...and do think i have heard a word from them...they called and hounded me for days telling me my ideas were genius and that they would go straight to making my samples and have marketing and devlopment get with me...guess not a GD phone call yet and when i ask for my rep no answer voice mail every time no phone calls returned...I say CLASS ACTION SUIT!!!
 20th of Apr, 2012 by   bob min 0 Votes
Davison and his employee are snakes and scorpions . Beaware they are liars and thieves. They got me ...they told me that
just pay 795 only you not gonna pay thing else ..when we license and sell your product you are going to give up some of your royalties.
when I paid them $795.. they said you have to hire us to do the job... and it cost $13000. Then I told them hell no and I need my money back because at the first time you told me you not gonna pay anything until you get your royalties just pay only $795 filing fee
At first I told them my background ..I told them that I am a poor guy and family man. Despite they knew my situation they ripped off me
Be aware These snakes and scorpions...I don't want them to bite you . watch out the snake bites
 22nd of May, 2012 by   ConnieGe 0 Votes
Davison got for $12, 000 and got nothing, they said no company was interested. Only one company supposedly looked at it and it cost me $12, 000 for everything, it was all I had. Class action suit!
 26th of Jul, 2012 by   Tim.k. James 0 Votes
Davison charged me 10, 500 and I got nothing in return I wish I would of found this information before I trusted them with my money. Do not work with them you will be sorry.
 29th of Jul, 2012 by   Justin79 0 Votes
I'm seeking legal action against Davison Corp. My story begins with a idea like many others have. I submitted online through their website and got a phone call the following day. Jeff Sawyer (VP of New Sales) was the contact person I dealt with. He advised of all the exciting things of how my idea could be seen on shelves. He explained to me that the $795 was what he referred to as an all-inclusive fee. I was lead to believe that $795 would get me CAD drawing and patents on the idea. I received 3 mailings. A nice shinny Davison folder with a computer CD and DVD. I watched the DVD and started to become skeptical. It appeared to me that it was not customized to my idea but more of a template. They simply added the name of my idea and my name and there was a DVD. 2 weeks later I receive another DVD which was basically the same as the first one. However, they presented and lead me to believe that there was progress to my idea. They have found someone that is interested in my idea. This is when I really starting to worry when I took the phone call the Jeff told me Davison and I both will have further financial obligations but that will come later but I should start thinking about it. I asked how much and he danced around the question like a professional break dancer. I did not get an answer to that. However there was no indication of what was to come. One week later I get a phone call. "Justin we are right where we want to be at this point" He said he we sending over some documents for me to sign. And was going to call me on Monday at so and so time. I never got the email and the snail mail documents did not make it over the weekend. So we had to rescheduled and asked for him to email the documents again because I did not receive them. We reschedule this 20 minute call for the following day. I received the documents and the email later in the day. I was floored by the request of $14, 000. There was no way I was going to turn that over. I sent an email to Jeff letting him know that this was unacceptable. I did not get an email back. The next day I was ready to talk to him @ 10am. no call. At around 10:45 a call comes through but I was unable to take the call. He leaves a message stating if I can't pay the amount they will just shut down the project. I email him back because I want everything in writing from this point forward. I request a refund and was even willing to work out some sort of partial refund. No reply, no call and haven't heard from them since. I have reached out to a large Class action Law Suit firm. I plan on getting my money back and help protect others from this one way or the other. I have also contacted the so called target company to see if it was all a put on. I'll stay connected anyone who wants to take action against them. feel free to email me.
 20th of Aug, 2012 by   mike` 0 Votes
Dear All, Thanks a lot, they called me and I was going to pay 900
I asked him to fedex me the contract, so he will pay for it
I did not sign, did not pay a penny, thanks for u all
 27th of Aug, 2012 by   SMConway 0 Votes
Wow. I submitted an idea, got a call. Thank god they left a message on my voicemail. I think that after reading all this I will find another company to market my product. If anyone has suggestions of a great company I can submit to please reply here.

Mobile Phone Selling Fraud