logo

It's a scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Davison Inventegration, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - They Took My Savings!!!!

Davison Inventegration Contacts & Informations

Davison Inventegration

Posted:    DottieFromNaples

They Took My Savings!!!!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
davison.com
Dear Lord, I need others help that have worked or been mislead by this company. I worked with a nice man named Ben Choffel for a while but now Im starting to read all these postings here, there and everywhere on the Web, as well as a Federal Trade Commission settlement that Davison paid TEN MILLION DOLLARS to! I also called the Pittsburgh BBB and this company has a "F" rating with hundreds of complaints. Thousands of people have gotten ripped off it seems. I paid the $685 and then paid another $13, 600 to develop my product. I was nervous at first but Ben was great. Now i'm thinking I really got taken. My husband died in 2005 and left me with no income, but I believed enough in my idea to re-mortgage my house and pay them. Now they are asking me for $335.00. Do we ever get checks or do we keep sending Davison checks? Please help...
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Nov, 2009 by   LenoraFromSeattle 0 Votes
Hi DottieFromNaples, you may want to contact these people;

Steven W. Balster

FTC’s East Central Region

216-263-3401

(FTC File No. X97-0085)

He handled the federal case against Davison. The phone number above is a hotline so that you may give your information to them to begin the process of getting some of your funds back. My daughter used to work in their sales department and told me some of the horror stories. Some woman who was a client of hers would call her from a pay phone because she would pay her davison tab before her phone bill. Her manager Brian Hoffman told her if she didn't get more money in the door she would be fired. They are more of a call center bill collection agency than a sales department. You didn't need experience to work there, just go through front & backend training. A good portion of the inventors payment went to the salespersons commission anyway. Management had to have their cars "approved" by the sales VP. Very boiler room type of stuff.
 29th of Dec, 2009 by   fairyqueen 0 Votes
I am in the same position as this poor lady. I paid them $10, 000 and without any prior knowledge they are now demanding $300 per submission plus I requested my prototype. When I received it there was a note inside stating if I keep it they will no longer work on my behalf and the relationship is severed. There's a word for this: EXTORTION. I have contacted Steven Balster. Thanks so much Lenora from Seattle. I am so ashamed that I made such a mistake. I have been in business many years. These parasites caught me at a vulnerable time. I'm still paying off the $10, 000 on my credit card 1 year later.
 14th of Mar, 2010 by    face in the crowd 0 Votes
Dottie and fairyqueen,

Thanks for sharing your stories, your courage to speak out should be commended.

Lenora, thanks for the great information and for being part of the solution.

Unfortunately, there seems to be enough truth in the deception to make this scam legal. The FTC can only do so much.

Perhaps the way to derail this gravy train of greed may be the media.

I suggest sending your stories to broadcasters and journalists -- one big story could help stop the bleeding...
 22nd of Jun, 2010 by   ToshNpEter 0 Votes
On November 1, 2009 we at Davison created a new division called Chief Consumer Advocate. We are a mixture of legal staff, VP's and members of our executive team. We have found this year to be a difficult one in terms of the number of false and misleading statements on the web about our business practices. What we are trying to accomplish is for us to sound as professional as possible while bleeding you, the general novice consumer of invention development, of every possible penny that you have to spare (and then some) while we lead you to believe that you have a chance of recouping your funds and having your product end up completed, sold to a manufacturer, and actually making money instead of spending tens of thousands of dollars gradually over a 6 month period so you don't have the 'sticker shock' all at once. We as executives of Davison want to own beach homes in Costa Rica as well as Bermuda, so if you will keep ignoring the posts on the web from actual people who have been through the process and think your experience will be the 1 out of roughly 500, 000 who will be satisfied, please listen to us and only us and not the Federal Trade Commission, Federal Judge Gary Lancaster, Stephen Balster - Council of Record for the US government and the BBB. Please contact us at CCA@davisoninvents.com. Thank you.
 22nd of Jul, 2010 by   NEVERDAVISON 0 Votes
Why hasn't the Chief Consumer Advocate called me back in response to my numerous messages?

I hired Davison who is an inventor promotional firm to help me bring my idea from conception to market. I have paid excess of $9000 in July 2009 and was last contacted by my representative Michael Grando in March 2010. At that time, I was told my actual product sample had been manufactured and was in QA and I would have a provisional patent application within 2 weeks. I never heard back from Grando and began calling leaving voicemails and sending emails. Finally I spoke to the receptionist who advised Grando was on medical leave and Gary Humes was handling my design. I began leaving Humes numerous voicemails and have also left voicemails with the Vice President and still have not received a response regarding my inquiries on my product.

Since my concerns, I have learned Davison had been sued by the FTC for practices that are still being used today in which I am a victim of. For example, I was told they had great contacts with companies, more specifically, Cuisinart with which they would be presenting my design to. I am learning that they do not have solid standing here. When I told them I had another company in mind I was told that they were the experts in this area and had done all of the preliminary research to target this company. I even asked who their contact with Cuisinart was and was told that it was a confidentiality matter and could not be shared with me. I was also told that very few people's ideas were accepted by Davison as they were selective on the applicants received but mine was being accepted for further development. PLEASE - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND NEVER CALL YOU BACK!
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   Inventilante 0 Votes
This place is not so much as a scam, but more of a misleading parasite. They don't tell you that they send your idea to China for development. They don't tell you that the director/salesmen makes a commission on your idea...don't tell you that the so-called designer gets paid on a commission to hurry though your idea...your whole invention idea is just a hamburger to be flipped for someone's paycheck. Your life's dream is just someone's hamburger. Sorry. I used to work there. It sucks. Do your research before buying. If you spend the money, it's your fault, plain and simple. Sorry.
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   Davison's Chief Consumer Advocate 0 Votes
We are happy to address your comment.

If you are a former employee you would understand that China is a major player in the world’s economy and that large product design and engineering firms having locations in the United States, like Frog Design and IDEO, have established offices located in foreign countries like China. We invested in China to establish an economic means to help save consumers money. As a matter of fact, in over 22 years in business, our prices have rarely gone up. We’ve been able to achieve economies of scale by working here in the United States and in China. (We’re pretty sure that the people in China desire the right to want to better their lives as we have been able to achieve here in the US so we don’t really understand why you would want to strike out at our Chinese employees. They are good people who believe in quality, integrity and our mission to be able to provide the most cost effective product design approach ever created.)

There are even design firms establishing offices in Mexico not to mention many have offices in Europe. As well, I think we all know that most major manufacturers here in the United States have offices and manufacturing plants in China and other parts of the world. It’s simply good business and saves the consumers money.

One additional fact that bears mentioning is that every product sample that is made, is assembled and packaged in the United States. There’s not really that much more to say except that we wish you the best with your career.

CCA
 27th of Jul, 2012 by   Ernesto007 0 Votes
Davison reps!!! give me a example of some body that have good prescriptive about your company!! recently, , I mean truly and validated perspective, , , I was about to give out my idea but I start doing some research (10K are not easy to pull out of the pocket )and all I have seen so far its just negative comments about this company
 29th of Apr, 2013 by   brina44 +1 Votes
ive also been scammed by davison to the tune of 12, 885 dollars, i put in two complaints to the ftc now iam trying to find a a consumer lawyer, i think this guys need to be sued again if any one would like to discuss this further you can email me at honeytee68@yahoo.com hope to hear from one or more of u guys soon, we cant let them get away with this!!!1

BBB Tips on Dealing With Debt Collectors