logo

1. (46 mins ago)
JOHN KENNEY AKA POBAMA25@YAHOO.COM
JOHN KENNEY AKA POBAMA25@YAHOO.COM - SCAMMER
2. (48 mins ago)
Igor Kasbar took all my money
Igor Kasbar stole my money
3. (1 hr 2 mins ago)
Snapdeal
Reverse pick up is not done: Received Faulty Lifeline AB king pro: Order No.: 3442151817
4. (1 hr 2 mins ago)
Received Faulty Lifeline AB king pro

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Davison Design And Dvlpment Inc, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - Fraud + Intellectual Property Infringement

Davison Design And Dvlpment Inc Contacts & Informations

Davison Design And Dvlpment Inc

Posted:    Savvy Salgaonkar

Fraud + Intellectual Property Infringement

Davison Design And Dvlpment Inc
Pennsylvania
davison.com
Priceless invention on Power Generation without using fuel.
To cut the long story short. I conceived of the idea on 17th Oct 08. In my foolishness coveyed the idea by website to an AH named Gordon Novel. This website is encrypted and the contents of the encrypted reply promptly disappeared from my computer after a few days. Only the skeleton file remains saying that please go back to the form as you cannot submit a blank form. Anyways few days after my communication with Gordon Novel, I received an e mail from Davison Design And Development inc, in my spam folder, with all sort of info on invention hep blah blah blah. i started communicating with davison and eventually paid the USD 700 for pre development. They took 12 weeks to produce a no consequence portfolio. So I saw thru the scam. Originally Patricia Hickey was handling my case and she conveniently went missing. I have given her my invention and if she doent work for davison anymore, she is not bound by any etics that the company may have enforced on their employees. Anyways after that Martin Frings was responsible for my case. All that Martin Frings can say over the phone is Thanks Very Much. He does not respond on the e mail> although I am not worried about the 700 dollars, I am concerned that Davison will clandestinely use my invention for their benefit. This amounts to Intellectual Property Infringement, a very serious crime indeed. I am quite certain that Davison is into IP crime and defrauding all inventors who deal with them. although I have also complained about Davison to the Feds.

from Savvys Salgaonkar In India
My E mail: savvys84@yahoo.de
Tel +919892777185
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Nov, 2010 by   Davison's Chief Consumer Advocate 0 Votes
Davison has noticed this blog regarding its ability to develop inventions and attempt to get them licensed. We encourage any inventor with an idea to get all the facts before attempting to choose a route to go with their idea. We can answer any questions regarding our services through cca@davisoninvents.com and we encourage anyone with a complaint about our services to send their complaint to the same address. Below is an outline of our services that we provide, and how the Davison process works.

Step One: All potential clients must acknowledge that invention development is high risk. In order to do so, each prospective customer is provided with an Affirmative Disclosure and an American Inventors Protection Act disclosure. All potential clients must acknowledge that they received and read these disclosures before we accept any idea submission from them. Thereby, we ensure that invention submitters understand that inventing is time-consuming, costly and rarely results in profit. As a result, none of our clients should have the impression that inventing is easy and financially rewarding. Inventing can be educational, fun and exciting as long as everyone keeps in mind that profit is unlikely.

Step Two: Pre-development Service Offer: After receipt of an invention idea we often offer to perform preliminary design research services on the project. This would include researching prior patents of inventions that are similar or perform the same function as the idea submitted and information on other products that are for sale or have been for sale that are similar to the one submitted. Any service offer made to a potential client is made in writing so that clients are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing.

Step Three: Invention Prototype Services Offer: If the inventor does not have a professional quality sample for use, we can perform one or more services, including brainstorming new product designs, designing components, creating prototypes, building working models, virtual reality renderings, video demonstrations of the invention in use and complete product graphics and packaging. Here again, any service offerings are outlined in a written contract so that clients are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing.

Step Four: Licensing Representation: Once projects are designed, built and packaged our team presents them to companies for licensing consideration.

The above is a basic outline of how our company does business. Clearly, all of our services are provided with full risk disclosures and on a written contract basis only. Therefore, to somehow suggest that those who purchase our service get “ripped off” is untrue. We can only ask that clients re-read the agreements and compare our services to other companies. You will find our pricing to be very reasonable.

We wish you the best of luck with your invention or idea.

9th of Nov, 2010 by   Savvy Salgaonkar 0 Votes
to davison chirf, why would anyone complain to a thief as you have given an e mail add and all.
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   Inventilante 0 Votes
The employees at Davison don't give 2 sh#t's about your invention. The salesman (director) is just making a commission, the designer is just making a per-project commission passing your idea to the guy in China who works on your engineering and graphics and has no idea what's going on, and you just get a crappy end product. Oh ya..the China people...they never tell you that part do they. LOL.
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   Inventilante 0 Votes
This place is not so much as a scam, but more of a misleading parasite. They don't tell you that they send your idea to China for development. They don't tell you that the director/salesmen makes a commission on your idea...don't tell you that the so-called designer gets paid on a commission to hurry though your idea...your whole invention idea is just a hamburger to be flipped for someone's paycheck. Your life's dream is just someone's hamburger. Sorry. I used to work there. It sucks. Do your research before buying. If you spend the money, it's your fault, plain and simple. Sorry.
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   Davison's Chief Consumer Advocate 0 Votes
We are happy to address your comment.

If you are a former employee you would understand that China is a major player in the world’s economy and that large product design and engineering firms having locations in the United States, like Frog Design and IDEO, have established offices located in foreign countries like China. We invested in China to establish an economic means to help save consumers money. As a matter of fact, in over 22 years in business, our prices have rarely gone up. We’ve been able to achieve economies of scale by working here in the United States and in China. (We’re pretty sure that the people in China desire the right to want to better their lives as we have been able to achieve here in the US so we don’t really understand why you would want to strike out at our Chinese employees. They are good people who believe in quality, integrity and our mission to be able to provide the most cost effective product design approach ever created.)

There are even design firms establishing offices in Mexico not to mention many have offices in Europe. As well, I think we all know that most major manufacturers here in the United States have offices and manufacturing plants in China and other parts of the world. It’s simply good business and saves the consumers money.

One additional fact that bears mentioning is that every product sample that is made, is assembled and packaged in the United States. There’s not really that much more to say except that we wish you the best with your career.

3rd of Dec, 2010 by   Seanacain 0 Votes
CCA
Can you please explain your presentation process of targeted possible companies
IE do Davison present in person the product .Explain fully the advantages of the new possible product .
As we all know its all about how one comes across to the targeted company, your belief and vigor while presenting .
 5th of Dec, 2010 by   Savvy Salgaonkar 0 Votes
good grief sending ideas to china. so i was always right about the intellectual propery infringe ment.
further more i told davison i have already developed a working prototye on my own and yet they kept asking for the payment for prototype

savvy
 20th of Dec, 2010 by   American Jerry 0 Votes
I have worked with Davison Designs for 2 years now. I have read the comments stated by consumers. When I first contacted Davison Designs I gave them my idea and they gave me back a drawing better than the one I gave them. I paid them the money and they built me a working prototype. I was concerned with the progress they claim they have done, so I contacted Davison Designs and asked them to send my prototype to me and I paid for the shipping and handling. Days later I received the prototype and to my astonishment the damn prototype worked. I was very pleased with my invention they did for me. I asked them why didn't you use my original design and they claimed to manufacture a product must be cheap and simple plus affordable.

They have always returned my calls and emails. I work with Wilma Wallace at Davison Designs and she always returns my calls and emails. They present to companies with a fee so I pay the fee and put together a presentation for them. Before I sent my presentation I asked people to view it to get their opinions and I consolidated everyone's opinion to put together a Master Presentation. I must say an invention is like a business, you have to start up from the bottom and continue and continue. My name is Jerry C. and I believe in the company.

When I first started with Davison they took my idea, then out of concerned I sent them two other ideas that were bogus with bogus names and they did not accept them with letters of apology. If they were scam artist they would have accepted my bogus invention but they didn't. I spent about 10 grand on them and I got results. I mean come on invention cost a lot of money. Davison engineers and designs new products from scratch a lot cheaper then molding companies that can cost up to 35, 000 dollars with engineers and designing . After you get the prototype you will need marketing that can cost tens of thousands of dollars. What I am trying to say is if you are not happy with the design they did tell them and they will modify it. If you have ideas for your presentation tell them and they will utilize it. Good luck guys and I wish everyone success, and Yes I am a Davison Customer. I am just waiting on the licensing presentation with companies to see the final results with this company.
 3rd of Jan, 2011 by   Revenge is Sweet! 0 Votes
This comment goes out to Jerry C. Of course you would post a positive comment for Davison Design...you are probably employed by them. Well...this goes out to all who work for Davison Design, Mr. George Davison (if that is really your name), Jack Burley, and Wilma Wallace.."WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND"!!!

DIDN'T YOU LEARN ANYTHING FROM THE $26 MILLION LAWSUIT IN 2006? Shame on all of you!!!
 6th of Jan, 2011 by   B.J.C +1 Votes
No need to state my name just facts about the Company. I came in contact around November of 2010. After the agreed form was signed I was contacted numerous times on when I could pay the fee. I made it very clear that I had to pay for an extra group of children who without my help would not have a Christmas. I thought I made that very clear ... Well Apparently I didn't and recieved another call right before Christmas wanting the fee. The man that I'm dealing with stated that I could write it off on my taxes. The idea seemed awesome but the joy of the kids opening their presents on Christmas day seemed better. I have now changed my mind with the Company. I didn't do my invention for myself but for animals and to save them. My heart led me to believe that this would happen and an unplanned dream was about to take off. Best of luck to all that works with them. I'm only out $20 and take it as a lesson learnt.
 10th of Jan, 2011 by   welder/inventor 0 Votes
I really don't know what to think of all the previous remarks.I recently submitted what seems to be a pretty valid product idea to Davison, if nothing else, I would like to buy the product if it existed.Certainly it appears from reading all the above info it may be a truly risky venture and maybe one not worth venturing without better education in such field, any positive info on how to go about such ventures would be openly welcomed! signed, welder/inventor
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   Davison's Chief Consumer Advocate 0 Votes
We don’t know who “American Jerry” is but we do appreciate him or her taking some time to describe their customer service experience with the company. We also do not know who Revenge is Sweet! is but implying that George Davison’s name is fictional is preposterous and silly. George Davison is the CEO of Davison Design and Development and has been since it was first incorporated in 1989. Geez . . . just go to the website.

Davison is well ahead of the curve when it comes to compliance with strict regulatory control, which among other things provides inventors with greater transparency and written terms and conditions. All clients and even potential clients are provided risk statements through an Affirmative Disclosure and the American Inventor Protection Act disclosure. No other company on the globe can compete based on the quality of product design and development services at the price points we offer. What we have learned over the years is that inventing and new product development is not right for everyone. You have to be willing to accept that inventing is high risk with no guarantees of profits.

Furthermore, in our disclosures we describe all of the work that typically goes into a new product development and how much it typically costs. And, yes there was an advertising and marketing lawsuit filed in 1997 by the FTC and settled in 2008. Within the settlement Davison agreed to provide more risk statements and greater transparency. Inventing is high risk. If you take a few minutes and look at the history of the FTC they have had lawsuits with thousands of companies pertaining to consumer protection issues and to company mergers and acquisitions. We are in complete agreement with the FTC’s desire for greater transparency and that’s why we are ahead of the curve when it comes to regulatory control and disclosures. You need to understand that this 14 year old lawsuit had nothing to do with customer service or invention design and development processes. We thank “American Jerry” for describing his or her experience and we hope to continue to better serve competently.

We are in the business of building product samples and packaging. When you are in business you are obliged to pay the staff, taxes, operation expenditures, vendors, telephone companies, utility companies, and so forth. You need to realize that being in business costs money and that charging fees has nothing to do with the old lawsuit, but we do run into anonymous bloggers such as yourself that just have a negative mindset. If you would take the time to visit our website you’ll learn that our company provides much greater transparency into the world of inventing then any other company.

We would like to note the fact that in the past competitors have posted false and malicious comments and questions about us on the internet. Instead of choosing to compete by offering economic product design, development and packaging services they have chosen to confuse consumers by posting false information on blogs. We believe that a large percentage of complaint blogs are devised in a fashion to defame. Simply put, our staff of over 250 people and their families don’t deserve to be defamed by some anonymous poster. In general, companies are no longer letting anonymous posters on the internet get away with intentionally harming their reputations. We suggest the poster read Complaintsboard.com legal disclaimer concerning personal liability for posts.
For over 20 years, Davison has helped everyday people prepare and present their ideas to corporations and manufacturers to see if they would be willing to license the product ideas. Our exclusive idea to product method is responsible for more products on the store shelves than any other competitor in this industry.
Quick facts about Davison and our process
• Davison is based in Pittsburgh, PA and works with clients from around the world.
• Davison has been in business since 1989.
• Davison products have been sold by over 700 stores & online retailers.
• Davison designs products for both individuals and corporate clients.
• Davison has over 250 staff members.
• Davison has won numerous design awards for innovative product designs.
• Davison is a member of the Online Business Bureau.
• Davison's services include research, prototype development, and packaging design.
We don’t know why you’re taking issue with us but we encourage any questions or concerns to be brought to our attention at CCA@davisoninvents.com. Maybe we can help.
Thank you for your time.
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   Seanacain 0 Votes
hi to all
Davison can you please explain to the full, how you present customer products to possible buyer compaines
 12th of Jan, 2011 by   Davison's Chief Consumer Advocate 0 Votes

First, Davison hopes that you understand that it cannot provide every detail of how it presents a product idea for licensing. Some parts of its process, just like parts of its pre-development and development services, are proprietary and confidential. However, this should give you a good idea of what occurs:

All communications with potential licensees are performed on a confidential basis. No discussions will occur without Confidentiality Agreements in place or Non-Disclosure forms agreed upon by all parties prior to any discussions or disclosures of any intellectual property information owned by the clients/inventors. Some potential licensees refuse to agree to confidentiality and, in those instances, we will not disclose the idea unless the client consents. Furthermore, all clients agree and acknowledge which potential licensees will be contacted on their behalf prior to any release of information. The client is provided information stating how many presentations that Davison has made to that potential licensee and how many license agreements have resulted. Discussions with potential licensees can occur via phone, email or in person. The typical company requests to see some type of depiction of the product idea first. Davison follows up and if the potential licensee expresses further interest in the product idea and wants to see the product sample and packaging, it is provided. If the potential licensee indicates that it would be interested if certain changes are made, Davison makes those changes without further charge to the client. Finally, if the company expresses interest in licensing the product idea, we discuss the terms and provide a license agreement. If the product idea is turned down, Davison offers services to recreate presentation materials for another company for $355. That fee also includes creating a new package and refurbishing the sample, if needed.

We hope you found the above helpful, but if you want additional information on anything concerning the company, please email cca@davisoninvents.com

13th of Jan, 2011 by   shipps.shovel -1 Votes
i was contacted by davison today and presented my idea should i go ahead and send the money or liston to all these negative things people are saying?
 13th of Jan, 2011 by   My dream 0 Votes
I've been wrkg with Davison since 2008 and I agree things haven't been moving along as fast as I would like. However I'm trying to stay hopeful they will in fact make it happen. I'm not made of money and they know this. My communications have been brief and it's frustrating to say the least but I'm rolling with the program. All I can say is my dream is my creation and they only control what I will allow. If Davison reads this I say don't let me down I'm placing faith you won't. My idea is a special part of me and I wanna share it with the world and see it used everyday will be a rewarding experience as long as I'm not scammed by the company I've placed trust in. Thank you from: surprise AZ
 13th of Jan, 2011 by   B.J.C 0 Votes
shipps. shovel ... Are you worried about the out come of your project ? Take a step back and really think about it .
 13th of Jan, 2011 by   B.J.C 0 Votes
To address EVERYONE else... The one bad thing I do have to say is the PRESSURE I came to the company with an idea! Don't keep asking for money and when can I pay ? Asking me over and over don't you want to do this? I have voicemail one after another. I had to finally turn my phone off during office hours because I have a regular job and can't take calls whenever. I really wanted this to work out but thinking it's a blessing and I know people at your company has to get paid and don't work for free but damn it don't rush things . This just goes to show that some of your staff is not trained enough or this isn't real . Go ahead with your long paragraph and tell me where I'm wrong . I can prove all the missed calls and the voicemails. I'm really not trying to run your staff in the ground so I will leave names out of this.
 13th of Jan, 2011 by   shipps.shovel +1 Votes
no after reading all this stuff on this page i am worried about getting scamed
 18th of Jan, 2011 by   CompBMem +1 Votes
A) Davison, under a similar business name, was sued for 26 million (by the Federal Trade Commission) and found responsible because they were providing false and/or misleading claims of success to inventors. Now, they carefully identify that they are not an invention service, but a product design/marketing firm (or however they are going to identify themselves). For reference, I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) Davison won an appeals court stay of the original verdict. A higher court overturned the appeals court ruling. Eventually, Davison (under the slightly different name) settled for a little over 10 million dollars. If you want to find it out, feel free to search "Davison lawsuit" or a similar set of terms.

C) Davison, as they exist as of this posting, has a Better Business Bureau Rating of an F (on a scale of A+ to F). They have over 230 complaints and, due to a number of other factors including the legal trouble above, they still have the lowest possible rating by the better business bureau. If you doubt the numbers, check for yourself.

C) Forbes Magazine published an article about the "old" Davison company that seems to be the current company they have now, but without calling them inventions.

D) Davison Products tells you that you MOST LIKELY WILL NOT be successful on paper (this is their legal defense and let me tell you, it's airtight). However, they indicate that you can be the one product that is successful. When you look at a completed product list, ask yourself "How many of these do I know or see in a store?" They can sell items online and consider them stores (as noted by their reference to Amazon in their current issue of their Gazette).

E) Davison claims to have a vested interest in the success of your product because they take 10 to 20% of royalties if the product sells. Davison makes 100% of the fees you pay to them. They simply add in the 10% because it makes many people feel they have a better chance.

F) Davison's current legal contract is AIRTIGHT in many cases because they straight up tell you that they don't have to tell you many pieces of information and that if your product is not successful then so what? In most cases, you as the creator pay for all of the product design, development and marketing. There is very little expense that Davison takes on, yet they charge numerous fees.

G) And, to round out this list, Davison has a person who has responded to many previous posts identifying indivual customers by name and attempting to discredit their complaints. However, Davison's responses all go back to the fact that they do not guarantee an outcome or result and that each person was given notice of the lack of chances of success. However, do you think that all of these people were given such a drab outlook on this business endeavor? If you had someone telling you that you had less than a 2% chance of success and you are now going to invest $12, 000 in this idea, how many people would take that up? Or, do you think that the more likely explanation is that the 2% success rate isn't really harbored on in the early stages? Or, is it more like "Ok, now we all know that not all inventions are successful, but you're talking about a revolutionary new invention called the "Answer this Listinator" and man, this product could be so successful that we would love to work with you in developing...

Feel free to check my facts.

I look forward to the response from the advocate on this one.

5 Tips To Spring Clean Your Finances