logo

American Income Life Insurance
WIERD
5. (31 mins ago)
Lumosity
Caught trying to take unauthorized funds from my checking account

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

David Stanley Chevrolet, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Complaints & Reviews - New Vehicle Purchase

David Stanley Chevrolet Contacts & Informations

David Stanley Chevrolet

Posted:    heather522

New Vehicle Purchase

David Stanley Chevrolet
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I would absolutely NOT recommend buying ANY vehicle from David Stanley Chevrolet!!! My fiance and I just purchased our new 2009 Chevy Silverado from them this past weekend (7/3/09). His cousin (who used to sell cars) brokered the deal for us. When we went in the next day to fill out the paperwork, we did not know that they had raised the price of the truck $1, 000 from what they had quoted his cousin the day before. We found out only after we went to his cousin's house with the new truck. His cousin was extremely angry that they lied to us and we all went back up there to see if they would correct the problem.

Our salesperson, Brad Cook, told us to wait in his office and that he would be right with us. Thirty minutes later, we had to page him to even have him come speak to us. He brought in the sales manager who told us that the deal was done and my fiance's cousin told him to go get the paperwork because we weren't happy. He wanted him to go over the numbers again but they refused, saying car sales is "funny numbers" and they don't stay the same from day to day. They then went and got the finance manager who treated us horribly. He said $1, 000 isn't much money and we shouldn't even be worried about it. He told us my fiance's cousin that he wasn't speaking to him because he hadn't signed the paperwork. He didn't care if he brokered the deal, he wasn't on the paperwork and he could get out of the office. And then he had the audacity to tell my fiance (who is almost 30), to grow up, and fight his own battles. My fiance told him he wanted his keys back from his trade in, since by law, we have 72 hours to return the vehicle. The finance manager told us we didn't know what we were talking about and REFUSED to give us our keys back. He then told us to contact their attorneys on Monday and walked out of the office.

I have a problem with them lying to us about the cost of the vehicle, but I have an even bigger problem with the way they treated us after we purchased a $34, 000 truck from them. If they had been helpful, even if they were unsuccessful in solving our problem, I would not have cared. But to be treated so poorly just speaks volumes of the way David Stanley cares for their customers. The second we got home, I peeled the David Stanley sticker off the back of the truck. My fiance is so proud of his new truck, and really, I'll pay the extra $1, 000 just to see the smile on his face every time he climbs in. But we will NEVER buy another vehicle from David Stanley Chevrolet...or quite possibly the entire David Stanley family of dealerships.

BUYER BEWARE!!!
Comments United States Car Dealers
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More David Stanley Chevrolet complaints
David Stanley Chevrolet - slander and unproffesionalism

Comments

12th of Jul, 2009 by   LeoF 0 Votes
i just bought a new G5 which i love brand new for 9250.00 from a dealership in NH and they treated me great ( i had a big GM card rebate) and i doubt they made much on that car..i sold my old sunfire to my mom so they didnt even make $$$ in trade... so i would say your stealership made at least 3k on your deal and they treat you like that?... "it is only a 1000.00?"...then great, give me my 1k back you prick. Anyways i work at a GM supplier and i want to thank you buying a silverado...maintain rig and it should give you a lot of good years
 15th of Jul, 2009 by   Jerry Southerland 0 Votes
Yet another complaint with the operator at this dealership which hung up on me 4 times and I was a potental new car purchaser and a potential fleet buyer for the company I own in Duncan Oklahoma.

I brought this matter to the attention of Brad and his manager. Brad quickly went to the defense of this operator 7-15-09 which stated I had "threatened to kick her ass" I have never used that language with anyone nor have I threatned anyone. Brad said he had the phone conversations recorded, I asked him to review them he quickly changed the subject. He stated if he fired her would I purchase the vehicle, I stated I would, he then proceeds to to tell me "now her children can't eat."Brad then stated another customer had threatened her and she thought it was me, so I suppose yet another customer recieved her attitude as well as Brad's. I will purchase an add in the local paper and would like any other complaints forwarded to me to forward to David Stanley

I hope every internet reader will read this review prior to purchasing from this dealership. I also requested to meet with the owner and was told he "comes and goes as he pleases" do what I have to do.

Pass this on to other readers as I will purchase an add in the local news paper for potential customers to review.
 12th of Aug, 2009 by   jamjeb +1 Votes
My husband and I bought a 2008 Pontiac G6 from David Stanley used cars in South Oklahoma City on 8-11-09 the salesman Ozzie told us the price was 19, 000.00 and they would give us 4, 000.00 for my truck and sent us to the finance department where after telling my husband he had bad credit for 1 late house payment 2 years ago, he was offered free identity theft protection charged him $399 after all said and done he came home with an interest rate of 14% and none of the numbers even added up and no purchase contract and they had the car on the internet for $15, 000 so we contacted our credit union and the finance lady told us our interest rate was 5.9%, she had a meeting with rob stanley that afternoon and called and told us to go back up there and they would do whatever would makes us happy, all we wanted was to be treated fairly.When we returned finance to us to go back to the salesman and he would take care of us, but he was off to talk to Brad so we waited about 10 minutes, when Brad came in before my husband finished explaining he took the contract slammed it on the table and yelled thats the deal and I'm not changeing it, so i told him if they could't even add with a calculator they didn't need to be selling cars and i may be a woman but he is damn lucky my husband is very calm and made me leave after they threatened to call the police or I would have whipped his little punk ass all over the parking lot.If your going to use them be prepared because that is the worst car dealer I've ever been to, you should never have to put up with rude obnoxious idiots when your trying to purchase a product especially when bait and switch is illegal so everyone should make their complaints to the Better Business Bureau, Oklahoma attorney general, and the auto dealer commission, so Brad you should know God doesn't like and neither do the people.
 13th of Aug, 2009 by   heather522 0 Votes
thanks LeoF! You're right, $1, 000 is alot of money in this economy. They have still yet to send us our customer satisfaction survey. Ha!

And Jerry, let me know if you want our complaint.

Again, and I can't stress this enough...BUYER BEWARE OF DAVID STANLEY CHEVROLET IN OKLAHOMA CITY...AND THEIR SALESPERSON BRAD!!!
 13th of Aug, 2009 by   TINAK 0 Votes
I had horrible issues with the David Stanley in Midwest City! The are rude and hateful people. I had worked out a deal over a period of 3 days went to turn everything in and brought everything they asked me to bring and guess what, they didn't have any idea what I was talking about. The sales man I had been working with disappeared into thin air. The new guy had no idea of anything, then told me sorry we can't help you. Yet on their website it say no application denied. I am making it known DO NOT USE DAVID STANLEY ANYTHING!!!
 28th of May, 2010 by   Pat Wilder 0 Votes
David Stanley Chevrolet may have had a bad reputation at one time, but that is certainly not the perception I have after buying my new vehicle there. They were patient and understanding. Their Internet Manager, Thomas McCauley took the time to sit down with me and ask me exactly what I was looking for in my new vehicle. He found me the exact Equinox I was looking for and assured me he could have it on his lot within five business days. The Equinox arrived within the timeframe that Thomas has promised and was exactly what I was looking for. My Salesman was Wes Osborne. He was incredible. David Stanley Chevrolet if the first dealership that I have ever purchased from that continues to follow up even after the sale to see how the new vehicle is doing. I made my purchase nearly 4 months ago, and I still continue to get calls from the dealership checking to make sure I am still happy. I even recieved a birthday card and service coupons from my sales person. Now that is what I call service after the sale. In my opinion Thomas McCauley and Wes Osborne are a huge credit to the reputation of David Stanley Chevrolet and I will be giving them my continuous business going forward due to the courteous treatment that I recieved.
 27th of Sep, 2010 by   David Alldredge 0 Votes
I am currently in a dispute with David Stanley Chevrolet over a new 2010 camaro. The issue has not been resolved as yet, but I will keep you informed on the outcome. We will see if they are trying to change their image or if all the bad revue's are still relavent!
 4th of Nov, 2010 by   BECKY MCNEAL 0 Votes
I love David Stanley Chevrolet I've bought 8 cars & trucks from them over the years nothing but GREAT service, But it sounds like some did not do research before they bought. Would you go to the store and buy coffee with out looking at the price of it, or would you just pay the cashier $20 for it if they told you that was the price. YOU SAY BUYER BEWARE, I SAY BUYER GET SMART!!!
 4th of Apr, 2012 by   STANLEYCHEVYSUCKS +1 Votes
I have to agree with the reviews of the customers below. This place not only treats their customers like crap but also their employees. After three years of working there and taking on more and more responsibilities, they advised me that they were going to have to "let me go due to cut backs". Three years of things constantly being added to my job description and not so much as a pay raise in that time frame and then to be let go without so much as a reason. I have no hard feelings towards their Owner or their GM Shane Downs. They do have some good sales people who truly care about their customers, and they have one desk manager in new cars who does. Their finance department is horrid, underhanded, shady and unethical under the management of Chad Morris. They have one Manager who hires and fires his own family on a fairly constant basis. I cannot count the number of times he has fired and rehired his own sister. They bribe their customers with free gas to bring in a perfect survey or write a good review for them as they know it is the only way that they can get these things with the way that they do business. I have been around the car business my entire life. This place is by far the WORST dealership in terms of service after the sale and the way to do business that I have EVER seen. They have no sympathy for employees who are ill. They terminate employees who come in every day even though they are suffering from a brain tumor and going through radiation treatments, and then have the gall and balls to accuse them of forging doctors notes for the FEW times they missed due to being severely ill. I had a heart attack while I was at work and was back within two days. I came in many times on my day off to handle various tasks that needed to be taken care of for the dealership, and my repayment was termination. They found a letter from my doctors nurse that had been emailed to me and saved on my pc hard drive. They found this after I had been terminated. They tried to misconstrue this letter as me having been forging doctors notes on my computer. Why did they do this? So that after three years of employment, and being let go for no reason, they would not have to pay me unemployment benefits and would be able to under cut me on my final vacation pay. Three years I was there and no so much as an I'm sorry were letting you go. No severance package, nothing. The only employees there that I can say anything positive about aside from the Stanley Family who are wonderful people are Jim Carerra, Shane Downs, and Wes Osborne. The rest of the management and support staff leaves alot to be desired

Cash 4 Gold Scam