logo

Posted: 2013-01-11 by    Microne

The Good. the Bad and The Ugly

Datingsitebuilder.com
datingsitebuilder.com
The Good. the Bad and The Ugly!
It is true that most of what you read on these reviews are true about Dating Site Builder. Lets start with the good news... The platform on the hosted solution, when it is working works great! Easy to use, easy to modify, and with the proper work done to it and it's built in bloging, it can be very search engine friendly.
But now the bad and the ugly... As stated over and over, technical support sucks for this company, when you do leave them aproblem on their automated complaint board, the answers that you eventully get back are like they are coming from a 8 year old. I have had many technical problems with my site when first setting it up, and it takes a TON of patience to work with them back and forth to solve the issues, some times taking weeks to have them resolve - EXTREAMLY fustrating! The good news for me, is that they did solve them.
The second issue is down time... Your going to have a lot of it. I would imagine that because the hosted solution hosts dating sites of an adult nature, that traffic can be heavy on the servers and that they probably experiance denial of service attacks. When your site is down there is nothing you can do but wait and hope that this is not the time it is going to go down for ever.
Stay away from the shopping cart they offer, it is extreamly limited and poorly functioning. If you use this site, and need a shopping cart, I recomend getting an independent cart provider. I foumd one that has excelent 24 hour, real human customer service and for $10 a month (The same amount datingsite builder charges for their cart hosting). I intergrated that cart into my web site.
Lastly, I have seen no effort to upgrade their produt. Like any company you have to stay ahead of the curb as new ideas and technilogical advances happen, you hope that they would be intergrated into the product, I have seen no evidence of this, ever.
To sum it up... The hosted plan would be a great product and service if the company was run by some one who cares. It is a shame, If they could sell the platform to the right individule, or hire some one who gives a crap, they could make this product so good that, they would increase their income more then enough to cover the person or persons that they need to update scripts, run a proper customer service department, and keep the site's uptime at 99.9%.
Wish I would have seen this forum before building an entire social site on this platform... As I write this today, my site is down again... urgggg!!!
(Note: I have had fairly good response with their billing provider when I have needed to cancel or ask a billing question (2 check out), this payment gateway provider seems legit, but becareful with datingsite builder... Sadly, I recomend looking for an other solution. (I hope one day they sell it to some one who cares, that some one could make a mint! - Decent product - Lousy implamintation) -
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Mar, 2013 by   nwstm 0 Votes
Hello, I purchased the PHP software from these scammers, I can get the help that I needed, and I wrote them emails after emails with no response. I assumed that they are not in the USA. This is because I cannot get to talk to someone on the phone. Normally USA companies’ answer their phones, but not foreigners, this is of their poor language you cannot understand them it’s horrible.

The other reason is that they do not have good customer service. It cannot be possible that American businesses’ treat people like this way. Maybe they have nice templates and good prices, but they have the worst customer service that I have ever seen in my live.

We are very angry about this problem; we will make sure that others customers do not suffered BAD moments like us. We are very upset of the bad and nasty behavior toward us. Really we will write and post many reviews all over the internet about your bad link, because we replied to you with no answer from you with no solutions of our issues, also you are not an honest company, maybe you are located in China, Russia, or India. Although some foreign companies they have better support and services than American’s companies

Health Care Without Insurance - Medishare