logo

Failure to Assist in Warranty

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Datingfactory.net Complaints & Reviews - DatingFactory.net has run a $14.95 temporary authorization against my debit card

Datingfactory.net Contacts & Informations

Datingfactory.net

Posted: 2012-07-03 by    Sallet

Datingfactory.net
datingfactory.net
I haven't subscribed to DatingFactory.net (or any other dating site for that matter) but I recently saw where DatingFactory.net has run a $14.95 temporary authorization against my debit card. A visit to that site looks very, very suspicious. Instead of a typical "front door" page that a reputable business website would have, the DatingFactory.net page has the title "Payment reference page" and looks like it was set up to answer the question, "Why was this charge on my credit card statement?" Here is a link to a screenshot hosted on my website:

The site itself is pretty suspect. The phone numbers are international (I'm in the US). The email address for support is enquiries@payref.info. Any reputable site would set the support email up to be some kind of alias like "support" at their own domain name. Further research of DatingFactory.net and the "white label and affiliate network" reveals that it appears to be associated with an international internet dating network. There is no way I or my wife (of 8+ years) initiated any activity on an internet dating network.

I contacted my bank, alerted them of attempted fraud, and had my debit card deactivated. If the transaction successfully posts to the account, I will dispute it and report it immediately. I recommend you do the same!
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Nov, 2013 by   Steve Gardener +2 Votes
Check out Datingfactory.com it may send you to the local site. Then check the different people who have bought the White Label (A program and design anyone can launch on their domain) look at all the sites and see the same support for all of them. Also all on the same hosting company, using the same billing. IMO The whole operation looks suspect.
 4th of Dec, 2013 by   villardaniel alfredo 0 Votes
solisito que den de vaja mi debito es de daniel villar dni 16586112de lo contrario tomare medidas judiciales muchas greacias
 8th of Dec, 2013 by   david holsinger +1 Votes
i am being billed. have not ok that to happen. whats going on
 4th of May, 2014 by   callforjustice +2 Votes
They operate under many different names. I made the mistake of signing up for a free account. Then, I started receiving "messages", but had to have a "gold" membership to read the messages. I paid for what I thought was just a one month trial offer. When I read the messages, I realized they were fake. Always two or three sentences, something like "I'm searching for my soulmate. Could you be the one?" or "You're gorgeous! I'd like to get to know you better". I never posted a picture and the messages were in English, despite the fact that some of the people supposedly sending messages don't speak English. I complained, asked for a refund, made it clear I wanted nothing to do with their site and called them out on their scam. I didn't receive a response. I later discovered that the charges were reoccurring. That was not noted when you select the payment plan you choose (I chose just one month). It's in their regular policy statement, but again, it's not clear when you're making a payment. And to make it worse, you can't just delete your account. You have to suspend the payments first--but you can't do that unless you send a written statement requesting suspension of payment. Everything about this screams scam! Before I even realized the extent of their deception, I contacted my credit card company, explained what had happened, and they said they would refund two months of charges. But when they did, I received threats from datingfactory stating that I was in violation of the terms I agreed to, and that I have 7 days to not only pay for the charges that were forced back, but 50 euro processing fees for each in addition, or it will be sent to debt collectors. I'm not a lawyer, or a judge, but I would be willing to bet that none of this is legal. A class-action lawsuit may be in the works.
 7th of May, 2014 by   Tanveer707 +2 Votes
Even I face the same problem as callforjustice has faced... Completely same problem, now is there any way that I can come out of it without cancelling my debit card and changing it to a new one.. Coz I have already changed one card to a new one, will I face any problem if i change my card again For second time
 11th of May, 2014 by   callforjustice 0 Votes
Tanveer707, changing your card will do nothing. You'll have to pay it off and cancel it if you wish to stop reoccurring payments that way. But I would strongly recommend you try to do it their way first. Request cancellation via email and document everything, whether it be from other users, or from their customer support. Keep copies of every email ever received. This is a company designed to deceive and frustrate people into submission. They weigh risks, knowing that most people will just deal with a small loss, rather than fight it. Contacting your state's Attorney General's office would be a good idea. Though this company is very clever with how they operate and manipulate the law, it's not legal--and they know that. Even Switzerland--where they're registered legally--has a very clear definition of deceptive [internet] practice. How they operate, is a text book example. Their stubbornness may be their downfall, though. Their unwillingness to bend with refunds is going to result in a lawsuit. That wont be cost effective for them--especially when damages are figured in.
 6th of Jul, 2014 by   outofpocket1 0 Votes
I have had problems with a recurring payment from a dating website
called Single Artists Dating which comes under the Dating Factory
umbrella. I initially signed up for a special offer subscription when
this ended instead of informing me they just started taking money from
my account. For each payment they took from my credit card I received
no notification or receipt and when I did notice the payment reference
bore no relation to their trading name simply reading 'www.payref.info.
Obviously I thought I had been defrauded and contacted the credit card
company who arranged a chargeback and filed a report on Action Fraud.
Then I received a notification from Single Artists Dating threatening me
with debt collectors and demanding compensation for the chargeback
claiming that I was libel for all fees even if my claim was warranted
which was apparently what I signed up to when I joined the website! I
can't believe the lack of transparency of this shady company it seems
they can contact you when it suits them but not when they are removing
money from your account under a different name.

Website Hijacking. Know who are dealing with!

Latest Groups