logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Grotto Bar, Eden Bar, Suede, Bitterend, Suite
Underage drinking, drugs, sex , allowed
2. (3 mins ago)
Nationstar Mortgage
Criminal practices
3. (3 mins ago)
Jane Salon
Yelp comments can be manipulated by this owner
4. (9 mins ago)

Posted:    P.J.

Fake Profiles

datehookup.com
datehookup.com
A VERY good percentage of female profiles on datehookup are "fake" and I'm very tired of it. I'm assuming that it's the site administrators who respond to most the messages. You'll also notice, that there are quite a few profiles who have a "decent" pic of themselves but in the self description box, it says, "(no description provided)". When you send these people a message, asking them some basic questions, most of the questions are "dodged" and the respond back is so vague and impersonal that one can only assume that it is being answered by a site administrator...

Additional Information:

The owner of Datehookup.com is Dustin R. Weirich. His nickname on the site is merely “Dustin”. Mr. Weirich also incorporated a business in California on August 30, 2004 called Search Floor, Inc. The registered address for this internet related business is 117 Lost Oak Court, Roseville, CA, 95661. This address is believed to be his home address. The telephone number for this business where you can reach Mr. Weirich is 916-787-0817. His home telephone number is 916-788-9629.
Comments United States Online Dating Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Mar, 2009 by   ernest l. cassinger +1 Votes
my name ERNIE, I been trying to login, but unable to because they say password wrong . I been using same name & password for months!!
I also tried change password, but no one will help!!
NOW WHAT HELL PROBLEM ???
EMAIL: CASSINGER@WINDSTREAM.NET
THANKS
 8th of Mar, 2009 by   ernest l. cassinger 0 Votes
I JUST WANT LOGIN AN HAVE SOMEONE TO HELP ME WITH MY
PASSWORD. I CAN'T SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS, CAN YOU HELP ???
 12th of Apr, 2010 by   okiesweetie 0 Votes
I talked to guy on here named kingluv2010, from Co. (Aurora) so he said. I believe he is a fake. His profile picture is georgous. Says he has son, living with him. He romanced me in poetry, claiming I was his soulmate. I fell hard and fast till he messed up, sons age was inconsistant and asked for gifts for his son. Expensive gifts. I wish I had listened when the site said not to IM or go off this site to chat. He gave me a international phone # claiming he was on a business trip in Ghana, and wanted to meet me when thru. It was my first time doing this, and in the end it scared me to think who I was really dealing with. Claims to be Maxwell Morgan, and a christian. He gave me a phone # in Aurora, Co that really existed. When I called it the lady told me no honey no one here by that name, though he gave me the correct address of this lady. I will never do this kind of thing again. There are too many scammers. So watch out girls for this guy, he can be real romantic and convincing.
 12th of Apr, 2010 by   Steve7 +1 Votes
What do you expect from a dating site? I mean it is a given that some or many of the profiles are either fake or put up there by admin. So use it at your own risk I guess.
 17th of May, 2010 by   Nick109 0 Votes
You should ask for a picture of them with a recent newspaper showing the date that would solve the problem of knowing if there photos theres.
 29th of Mar, 2011 by   greengem42 0 Votes
Hi, I was new to datehookup. and a Guy goes by mr.right4us did all of the things that people are saying. I didn't know that people would do things like that to us. I found out by a friend that their are scammers from Nigeria and ect... on all of the dating sites. So now I see the same pic's on again and now he goes by bmike200 the stuff he or she will tell someone .and clames to have two kids, mom lives in keelen tx, he's from houston. don't belive it . and he's so good . that I talked to him for two months. and I agree with people on this site. we have hard enought time looking for good people .that wan't use you. we don't need this s@*% t... we need real honest people.good men and woman. i'm giving up! on dating sites' and btw they have someones pic's to show you. the pic's you see are not them. goodluck to all.
 27th of May, 2011 by   kaykay301 +1 Votes
I am talking right now to Mrright4us. Blond, good looking. two kids, he saying that he is in Nigeria on an engineering contract and needs me to send him a camcorder so he can take pictures for his son. He promised Him. OMG.
 29th of May, 2011 by   djscorpio2011 +1 Votes
DEAR DATEHOOKUP,
YOUR ONLINE DATING WEBSITE SERVICE SUCK. THE WOMEN SUCK, THE MALE IDIOTS SUCK, I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS WEBSITE STILL EXIST. I HATE THE WOMEN ON THERE BECAUSE THEY LIE ON THEIR PROFILES TOO MUCH, THEY DON'T KNOW WHO THEY WANT OR WHAT THEY WANT IN A RELATIONSHIP. THEY LOOK GOOD IN THEIR PHOTOS DON'T GET ME WRONG. BUT THE WOMEN STILL SUCK ON THERE. THEY'RE PART TIME HOOKERS IF YOU ASK ME. HEY I CALL IT AS I SEE IT. BECAUSE WHY ARE THEY LOOKING FOR A MAN TO CARRY THEIR WEIGHT. ESPECIALLY THE TRAVELLING PART. NOW WHAT WOMAN TRAVELS THE WORLD OR WHATEVER. G.T.F.O.H!
WOMEN BETTER BE MILLIONAIRES TO DO ALL THIS TRAVELLING AND SHIT BECAUSE PICTURE A MAN TRAVELLING OUTSIDE OF WHATEVER WITH A WOMAN. TAH! BULLSHIT. MAN LISTEN. ALL I'M SAYING IS DATEHOOKUP SUCK. THE CREATOR OF DATEHOOKUP SUCK TOO. MY NAME IS DJ SCORPIO. AND I APPROVE THIS COMMENT.
 29th of May, 2011 by   djscorpio2011 +1 Votes
OH YEAH. FUCK THE OWNER OF DATEHOOKUP, DUSTIN R. WEIRICH! TELL HIM I SAID HI.
 14th of Jun, 2011 by   it's_me_peggy 0 Votes
Way too many multiple profiles. one lady had 9 profiles most have 2 to 4, men being women and vise versa. It's gotten pretty bad, you have no clue who you are actually chatting with. The forums are Ok. But the people have run off so many newbies and most delete as soon as they sign up. Way to much bullening on Datehookup. The moderators must be related to Dustin, not quite sure if he is still the owner, way too mismanaged.
 30th of Aug, 2011 by   NANA50 0 Votes
I agree with ppl saying they r someone else when they are not..Iam also on another dating site and i was talking to a guy, he said he was in Ghana on bussines and asked me for money and gifts..Then he was buying things and sending them to my po box and asked if i would mail them to him in Ghana..what a fake!!! They are out there everyone just needs to becarefull... There are good men and women out there just have to find them...
 10th of Sep, 2011 by   honestleeme 0 Votes
This is a complaint from bobettelee1@yahoo.com. I can't get past the sign up as it says my password is wrong. I wrote it down when I applied. But maybe I wrote it wrong. I have sent 4 count them 4 emails requesting my password be sent to my email. Got nothing! Can you please help me.

Bobette Hastings
 9th of Nov, 2011 by   john e.rodrigues 0 Votes
your girl kittycat2012 and patty 2011 have the same exact profile and they are the same person, .kitty scammed me of 5, 000.00 dollars and have notified you 5 times bot she is still on your screen scamming peapole, get them off, i have already reported them to the f.b.i. and this station for lack of cooperation.john.rodrigues@hotmail .com
 9th of Nov, 2011 by   john e.rodrigues 0 Votes
VERY ANGRY I
BEEN REPORTING THIS FOR 6 WEEKS, JOHN E. RODRIGUES
 29th of Jan, 2012 by   Dissapointed in Ca 0 Votes
Please can someone help me I need to know where to go to complain about being scammed by someone from Date Hookup and file charges
Coladrinker8@aol.com
 30th of Jan, 2012 by   almosttakenin 0 Votes
Datebook Up sucks!! I was almost taken in by Nigerian scammer from this site. He admitted to me what he was and he wanted to get back on this site after being kicked off. AND HE DID!! They also will not take down your profile when you delete your account. Then you can't get back on because your password is wrong. They should change the name of the site to Scamhookup!
 16th of Mar, 2012 by   kalico80 0 Votes
Date Hookup is a joke! They do nothing about these people that make fake profiles so they can send others harassing messages. I blocked and flagged a guy for doing it once, then he made another profile and did it again. Blocked and flagged it too. Hes still on there. Oh and when i made the suggestion in the Forum that they should track the IP addresses for this kind of shit, the moderators of the forums came back and were ignorant to me. In fact the one called me a drama queen #@#!! just for making the suggestion. This Dustin dude and his employees and all go f*** themselves.
 19th of Mar, 2012 by   horselovertoo 0 Votes
The phones for Dustin, owner of datehookup are wrong. Another scam
 20th of May, 2012 by   Kathleenwelch 0 Votes
I need help now someone is using my name and phone no on forum the site is salker from hell his name is madstork He is saying things about me I was seeing him but not no more if I dont get help I will see about legal help I am not on your site no more because of this I will be checking on this till the end of week than I will get real help I have red flagged him
 23rd of May, 2012 by   Sacto916 0 Votes
I can tell you this much as I have a friend who lives around the corner from this street. If this is the correct address it is a house and a very very expensive neighborhood and I am talking 800k-2million homes. I highly doubt that somebody in a neighborhood and money to live there would place a public company out of there home address from what I gathered it is reg to a PO box in rosevill ca not 117 lost oaks

Success University Fraud