logo

Nulexa
scam
4. (17 mins ago)
Bethea Jenner
Astrology and psychic rip off!
5. (20 mins ago)
Florida Power & Light
Discriminatory Billing Practices

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Dairy Queen Complaints & Reviews - Give us a fricken break!

Dairy Queen Contacts & Informations

Dairy Queen

Posted:    Tiff

Give us a fricken break!

I really need to get this off my chest.

I am so sick of customers complaining! Mistakes happen. Shit happens, and sometimes we can't do anything about it. DEAL WITH IT PEOPLE! Do you think we wake up every morning thinking "I will deliberately make sure that I make a customer's day a living hell and mess up their order on purpose?" OF COURSE NOT!

I've been working at DQ for a while now, and it pisses me off when someone complains that we didn't put ANYTHING in their blizzard, or that the SHAPE of the ice cream does not look right. You're only going to ruin the shape anyway with your fricken mouth! I find it annoying when people ask how much calories, fat, cholestrol, etc is in our ice cream, and then get mad at us for telling them the truth. You should all know that when you go out to ANY fast food restaurant, there is bound to be tons of calories, sodium, etc in their food!

I just hate the people that complains about the littlest things. Reading this site, I read a complaint about one SINGLE broken highchair at McDonalds, and they are demanding free food. OVER A EFFING HIGH CHAIR????? Did they even bother to tell the people working there that it was broken? Maybe it had broken that very day, and the employees JUST DIDN'T KNOW YET! Did they consider that?? Probably not.

Let me be clear here though. I have had bad customer service before, but I do not make it a goal to tell of the employers and make them give me something free. You think I'm a wimp? Think again. Maybe I actually considered what it was like in their shoes? Have any of you who have had bad service even considered being in the other's shoes?

Not to say that every customer that complains is stupid, but once you get to experience working customer service, you'll understand what goes on behind the scenes.
Comments United States Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Sep, 2007 by   Charlie Severson 0 Votes
Amen! I worked at DQ for three years in high school. Most of the time, it was pretty fun. But sometimes people just say the dumbest things.

We had a sign there CLEARLY posted in LARGE lettering ON THE COUNTER that stated that we do not offer refunds and that if the manager feels you should be reimbursed, you will be given either a new product or a gift certificate for the value of the product.

By the time I was 16, I was often left as the manager on duty. People would stand there and SCREAM at me about this policy as if I was the one who invented it. But if you go and tell a customer that you're just following the rules, then they tell you you're being rude. You can't win sometimes. I actually had to resort to telling a lady, "Ma'am, I am just following the rules my boss has told me to follow. If I don't follow those rules, who knows, I could get fired."

Her reply? "Well that's not MY problem."

Ugh.
 7th of Mar, 2008 by   Mary +1 Votes
I've been working at DQ for two years, and I'm well on my way to becoming a manager. The hardest part is dealing with the newer, younger employees that haven't a clue how to deal with customers. My second day on the job I had a bag thrown at me because the kitchen had not seen that the burger was plain and therefore dressed it as normal. Dealing with hard customers is part of the job. And if you can't do it with a smile on your face, it only makes it worse. I'm not saying I'm always smiling. I've had a spat or two with customers that just don't seem to understand that we are trying our hardest. When the store closes at 10 pm and the customer arrives at 9:55pm and orders a few burgers, its so upsetting when you have to hear them complain about how long its taking. Do they realize that you have to get up in 7 short hours and go to school just to return the next night and do it all over again? For those customers reading this, I beg of you, consider our feelings, we will do the same for you.
 10th of Apr, 2008 by   Kitty4844 -1 Votes
With your attitude you should look for another job, get out of the food service industry! Seriously, with your mouth you should not be working ANY job requiring customer service. I have worked for Dairy Queen for over ten years and I am ashamed of you for working at DQ. Shut your filthy mouth and learn some manners.

Yes mistakes happen, and when they do you fix them! You want customers to return, without customers you wouldn't have a job.
 27th of Apr, 2008 by   a disgruntled mcdonalds employ +1 Votes
felt the same way when I still had my job and will still feel the same way when I get another!! totally agree with yah man :)
 6th of Jun, 2008 by   mark bowlen 0 Votes
this complaint is aimed at the cartersville ga store as of lately the bbq they sell is not the real thing they probably are getting it from a grocerie store or something if you want the bbq that makes dairy queen you have to go to the dq in the surrounding towns the still sell the bbq thats make dq famous you wont get it in cartersville ga theres no use going there anymore you can go to the grocerie store and get bbq better than what they sell now someone please explain this to the foriners that run the place
 16th of Jun, 2008 by   Joe 0 Votes
You know what. I've worked at DQ for 2 years now. I'm now an assistant manager. To be blunt. It's the truth.
You, whomever said that they worked for DQ for ten years. And you know what you're talking about? Ehh... No. And the ones saying that customer service is acceptable sometimes. Eh... Definitely No.

You know what though. I dont believe in bad customer service. I do though, believe in stern customer service. Some people are just plain asking for it. Sure. I'll greet ya with a smile. But me being hispanic, if I'm looked at condescendingly or talked down to. You know what. The customer will be talked down to as well. Always maintaining your good posture and straight face and giving off no bad comments or suggestions. You can pull it off. While i dont treat every customer this way. Some people are just asking for it.

This isn't something I teach my employees. But whenever they run into a problem. I get called. Bad Customer service though. is never an option. I believe in Stern customer service. And honestly, I wish there wasn't even a need for that. But ya know what? There always is, because. There is always those extremely rude customers.

As for the products. They must be done to the upmost quality available. If not done right. No. The customer isn't receiving this bad order, You remake it. You dont wait for them to complain. No exceptions.

So. all in all. youre all a little wrong. It's all about providing the best customer service available. But in order to do that. There must be a willing customer. And sometimes. There isn't.

joe.
 22nd of Jun, 2008 by   Misslady22 -1 Votes
I agree that mistakes do happen and everyone is human. But some "mistakes" should never happen. My son had a hunk of metal inside his blizzard. I am so thankful that he did not choke on it or get badly cut. This is unacceptable. I can understand giving me the wrong order or not enough napkins. But this is totally different. I am glad that my son is alive today, no thanks to the people who work at this dairy queen.
 5th of Jul, 2008 by   Fast Food hater. 0 Votes
The best is when customers threaten us employees with the "We'll never eat here again!!!" line. As if that matters to a corporation that is already making huge profits. Seriously. People need a reality check. It's pretty pathetic when some lettuce on your fish sandwich ruins your entire day, or something to that effect. Really? Lettuce. I just want to shout at every fool customer that screams in my face about menial things as if I were purposely trying to mess up their order. But it's ok, it's not like fast food employees are human beings, right? We clearly are just people that take shitty Dairy Queen jobs to serve calorie-loaded food to pissed off fatties for the fun of it.
Screw Dairy Queen. Buy food from locally owned businesses that actually are concerned with the food quality, customer satisfaction, and employee rights.
 10th of Jul, 2008 by   mrs sassy 0 Votes
I CAN'T BLEVE ALL THE STUFF I JUST READ. EVERY1 HERE THAT SAIDS THAT THEY WORK N CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THAT IT'S OKAY 2 TREAT CUSTOMERS NE KIND OF WAY. WHERE DO U PPL COME FROM? YES I DO AGREE THAT PPL CAN BE WORSOME SUMTIMES, BUT U KNOW DARN WELL THAT WHEN U GET LOW PAYING FAST FOOD JOBS, THAT THIS KIND OF STUFF IS EXPECTED. DEAL WITH IT!!! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS N CUSTOMER SERVICE. THAT'S Y IT'S CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE. WAKE UP PPL!!!
 15th of Jul, 2008 by   katie baggett +1 Votes
i agreee...but umm wats up with yall not serving cotton candy blizzards anymore??
Im mad.
=(
PLEASE PUT THOSE BACK ON THE MENU
kitty hawk north carolina
 10th of Aug, 2008 by   Meagan 0 Votes
What you need to understand is that working any job where you deal with people, you are going to get complaints. True, mistakes happen and there's nothing you can do to change that, but with the attitude you have, it's no wonder you get so many complaints. Working in the field you are, you really need to learn how to deal with people. It isn't that hard; if a customer is upset, ask them why and do what needs to be done to correct the problem. Smile and be friendly and most of the time people will do the same back.
 15th of Aug, 2008 by   wayne -2 Votes
sorry tiff, that's your job, shut up and start DOING IT!!!
 15th of Aug, 2008 by   wayne -2 Votes
oh no, sorry!!!, you're LONG GONE...
 21st of Aug, 2008 by   studentnurseanika -1 Votes
Get over it and do your job thats how fast food is if you dont like it dont do it people complain about their food!
 23rd of Aug, 2008 by   Cameron Moore 0 Votes
I just started working at Dairy Queen 3 days ago and it is sooo hard to make every thing perfect! I hate mizing the blizzards and shkes and all of that stuff cause i had 3 blizzrds explode on me today cause I didnt hold on tight enough. I lik working at the cash register and doing nothing else cause then people wont complain about the food to you.
 23rd of Oct, 2008 by   fdfdfd +1 Votes
Yeah.
i totallyy agree, costumers need to light up ALOT.
 26th of Jan, 2009 by   treythomas 0 Votes
i want to turn my dairy queen in because their cheating me out of my money. they pay me cash every week and dont take out my federal taxes. ive been there two years and thats how they have always done it and there messing with my taxes and its bugging me. if any wone on this web site has a similer problem then they need to tell me who to talk to get this problem fixed all i want is for them to do my taxes right! why is that so hard? i mean ive been there two years and ive gotten no promotions im not a shift lead and the pay hasnt gone up that much either. i mean i could understand if i was complaining if the job sucked or i didnt like my managers but i feel like there taking my money and honestly who would be ok with that? because ... im not.
 19th of May, 2009 by   Annoyed 0 Votes
I agree with the comments saying you should look for a different job. If you make a mistake there should be consequences. People are paying for a product that they did not get. Imagine someone getting peanuts in with their order, and having a reaction. In my case I ordered a blizzard and the one I got was totally wrong. I did not discover it until I was two miles away when I pulled off the lid. You might say that that is my fault for not checking before I leave. That is true, however if my assumption at a drive up window is that the order is always wrong then why do business with that company. When the guy at the window calls out the correct item I purchased, and I open it later and it is wrong...is that my fault? I should not have had to pay for the wrong item. If you feel that getting wrong merchendise is ok, then how about you take some substitutes next time you go shopping. It is fraud. Get a clue!
 18th of Aug, 2009 by   Lilyx 0 Votes
Hah so true, and for the people who are saying to get another job, fuck off, if you tried working there, I doubt that you would say still say "costumer service is everything". It's all a load of crap. Alhough I work there...dq is seriously messed up, where I work, prices are way too high, the owners really bitchy, and some employees have a lot of atittude, especially the managers, which is why I can't even bitch at them.
 29th of Aug, 2009 by   Raina 0 Votes
Yea... I agree with you. You need to shut up and quit your job. If you complainin and you workin as a customer service you need to find a different job. That no customer. Last night i went to DQ and tryin to order the cashier already giving me attitude. I was so nice and saying please and thank you. I dont respect for that kind of customer service. I work for a customer service before. Customer bringing us food on the table if you want to work to this kind of job. Give yourself a favor and quit.

Houses: Rent or Own?