logo

Mike
Scam -Beware of Ms Jane from HK HUIAO TRADING CO., LIMITED
2. (1 hr 3 mins ago)
Tata Motors
Poor service and arrogant staff
3. (1 hr 24 mins ago)

CVS Pharmacy
Store 2140 Meriden Avenue
Phone: 203-465-7054
cvspharmacy.com
I have been a customer of CVS stores for many years now, have never had a complaint. In fact I was probably considered a “fan” of CVS.

Unfortunately, I am not so sure now. Yesterday (A Sunday) I went to a local CVS in my neighborhood. Gathered my selections and paid using a personal check (which I have always done). The cashier wrote my license number down and started the transaction. My check was declined, at first I was very confused, I do not bounce checks…but that was not why my check was declined….this is why:

“We are sorry that we are unable to accept your check at this time. Your recent check –writing activity in our stores has exceeded our current limit. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and ask that you complete your purchase by an alternative means. Should you have any questions about our policy in this store, please call our Check Services Department at 1-800-445-5304.”

Now this is certainly a new one on me. I have 1 check that was just cleared in my account within the prior week. What if I needed a prescription? It was Sunday, obviously I could not withdraw money. My luck, I have not received my debit card yet…but since that is similar to check writing would that also be declined? Since when do retail establishments decline taking money from their customers?

But folks…that is not all. First thing this morning I called the number given above…it is 11:30 EST, yet the recording insists that “we are currently closed”. I have tried several numbers and have not received one human being as of yet to find out what exactly this is all about, no luck just recordings.

I am slightly exasperated at this point….so I am now trying email….
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Oct, 2008 by   kathy franks 0 Votes
I visited my local cvs to get a prescription filled . I lost my precrition card so I called my provider and got the information I needed to cover the drug. The woman in the pharmacy told me that the numbers were not any good so I returned home to call them again to find out if I was given the wrong numbers.THe provider told me that they were the right numbers . I then went back to cvs . The woman ran the number again and started talking to someone on the phone .I heard her tell the person that it just does not feel right because I have one card for medical and another for prescriptions. She then told me that she could not fill my prescription. Ithen asked her for my prescription back. I went home and called my provider and was told that no one called to even check about my card . Iam a very good customer at cvs I go there every day or every other day. I was hurt and was treated like a drug addict over a prescription for antibotics. Well my story does have a happy ending . I went to walgreens and had the drug in my hands in 5 minutes.
 7th of Nov, 2008 by   Liz 0 Votes
SAme thing happened to me Walgreens took my check a few minutes later. Saved $7

Vote with your money
 26th of Dec, 2008 by   Sharon 0 Votes
The very same thing happened to me today as Melanie described happened to her. I wrote a check to CVS earlier in the day. I went back with intent to buy some more Christmas bargains. The first check was taken without any trouble. However, the second check was denied. I questioned the manager about this procedure and he insisted that I speak to my bank because it's usually a problem on the banks end. I had plenty of money in my bank account to cover both checks and they had no right to question my credit and/or deny me. I don't bounce checks! I can assure you that I will NEVER shop at CVS again!!
 27th of Dec, 2008 by   elsie rivera 0 Votes
I live in Chicago and I go the CVS Pharmacy on nerreganctt and Belmont the girls there are excellent and very kind and helpful but the two managers are very unhelpful and very unprofessional I seen one of them on the cell phone on a personal call many of times the girls are the ones busting there rears off, someone from corp. need to talk with the girls and get there opinions and observation they are very unhappy at this cvs the managers are getting away with murder and abusing there position….. SOMEONE IN CORP PLEASE INVESTIGATE……
 1st of Jul, 2009 by   Dick Carta -2 Votes
They are in the process of remodeling the Longs Drugstores to become CVS Pharmacy. I went into the store at Stetson and State St. in Hemet, Ca. I notices that they are putting up bilingual store signs. As an American I am getting damned tired of the Mexicanation of AMERICA. This is not Mexico, this is America If they cannot read English, they're probably here illegally. I will not shop at CVS. I think it's time for Americans who are proud of our country to tell big busines that we've had enough. This is America, our language is English. Don't shop at stores that use bilingual signage.

Dick Carta
 1st of Jul, 2009 by   Dick Carta 0 Votes
I agree.
 3rd of Jul, 2009 by   kenth -1 Votes
The predominant language of America is English, for now, but we have no national language. We should, as most countries do. However, that would not outlaw companies from catering to their customer base, which includes Hispanic people who speak Spanish. Having a national language would merely require government to do business in English, which would lower our government's overall cost of doing business.
 11th of Aug, 2009 by   davyn0707 0 Votes
I work at a CVS and I understand your frustration, but you must understand that this incident was really for your own protection. TeleCheck, the check scanning system CVS uses keeps track of how many checks you're writing per day and how big of an ammount they are for. If it exceeds their daily limit they consider the fact that your checkbook may have been stolen and so they decline the check. If you were a regular and had your ID and all, the manager could've overridden the decline and allowed you to make your purchase. That's what I would've done...
 10th of Nov, 2009 by   LolMeister +1 Votes
Dick and Kenth American socialists lol. Cry more about other languages, your excuse for being idiots. Crack a book open once in a while.
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   Tazimom -2 Votes
I agree that we are becoming a Mexican nation ! It sucks totally. They need to come into this country LEGALLY and then maybe we would be more tolerant of them. They receive more than the americans that have lived here all their lives and cannot qualify for all the programs that we are handing out to the ILLEGALS. I prefer to shop where the signs are ENGLISH, not mexican !
 24th of Jan, 2010 by   JLMC 0 Votes
Call 1-800-shop-cvs you will aWLAYS get a person. This is to protect the company it's a policy get over it.
 15th of Mar, 2010 by   davyn0707 +2 Votes
Tazimom,

First of all, Mexican is not a language, it is a people. Spanish is the language I assume you were reffering to. Secondly, you have obviousy never done any real research on the issue of immigration to the U.S. or you would know that the vast majority of those who we call "illegals" actually came into the U.S. completely legally with work or student visas and then simply overstayed their welcome and disappeared into the greater society. Mexicans, and Canadians for that matter, who "boarder jump" make up a striking minority of illegal citizens in the U.S. and should hardly be the primary concern. I know this because I have a degree in Interdisciplinary Social Sciences and Diversity Studies. Furthermore, the language signs are in any given area are based on the ethnic demographics for that area. That is what makes the most sense and that is why you see state and local governments putting signs in English and Spanish in some areas and moreso in Spanish in others. It may also interest you to know that when white ethnics (Italians, Germans, Irish, Polish, etc.) migrated to the U.S. in mass numbers they suffered many of the same arguments about how they were ruining society and taking all of the jobs from the "real Americans, " just like the one you espoused above in your hostile and racist rant. Yet, they eventually assimilated into the broader society and today we hardly give it a second thought and would certainly never consider someone of third, second, or even firts generation European ethnicity to be un-American. My advice to you would be to try and grow half a brain and read a few history books and articles on both sides of the issue before coming to an ignorant and uniformed decision.
 15th of Mar, 2010 by   davyn0707 +2 Votes
A continuation for Tazimom,

By the way, are you speaking of programs like welfare and food stamps? If so... In order to qualify for those programs you must have a legal residence, and verifiable identity, social security, and employment/other income documents. And, I'm going to anticipate that you are going to scream identity theft, and you'd be right. But let me just say that the growing number of identity theft cases by illegal immigrants is damned good justification for more efficiently processing those applying for U.S. citizenship. That way, they would not be forced to steal others' identities for survival.

On a more general note, are you speaking of just Mexican immigrants in your ramblings? Because there are plenty of Canadians via the Northern border states, Asians via cargo ships or other means, Samoans and Russians/other Slavic peoples via Alaska, and countless European ethnicities that are in this country just as illegally as a Mexican border jumper. But I would bet that you would not consider them as much of a threat...and probably, at least in the case of Russians and other Europeans, because they are white and likely speak English very well. Thus, they "pass" as American and are almost never questioned, literally or as a social group, of their legal status in the U.S. By the way there are plenty of legal Hispanics in this country who only speak Spanish or only speak English in certain scenarios.
 6th of Jan, 2013 by   Susan5454 0 Votes
I love going to Cvs Pharmacy on LaSalle n Monroe when I was in their the lady that look like a boy, I think her name tag said Tini on it and as she ringing me but I saw her put the money in her pocket not in the drawer. I called the store on Friday afternoon to speak to the store manager James and he told me he talked to her and she said she did n such thing. If you have a store manager letting the employees stale he should be fired right with them. I want ever shop in their again, you have a rude manager and that employee in their taking money.

New Gift Card Rules & Military Scams