Posted:

Missing 90 Oxycodone from 150 Pill Prescription.

4.6
1408 W Craig Road
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Phone: 7026422680
On October 22, 2010 at 4:54 I picked up my prescriptions from the above
referenced pharmacy. At 5:50 p.m. I noticed my bottle of Oxycodone did not feel right. So I counted my pills and realized that I only had 60 pills and I should have had 150 pills. I immediately called the pharmacy. I explained my situation
to one employee and the employee asked me to hold on for the Pharmacist, then
another person came on the line and I explained the problem to her. The second employee told me that the Pharmacist would count the stock and return my call in 30 minutes. After an hour and a half when I had not received a call back, I called the Pharmacy. I asked for the Pharmacist and told the gentlemen who answered my name. He said, the Pharmacist counted the stock and our stock is not off. I explained the stock had to be off because I only have 60 pills and I should have had 150, I told him I know how to count and he should tell the Pharmacist to check again. He said, our count is right. The pharmacist would not speak to me either time I called and I suspect that Pharmacist would not speak to me because the Pharmacist knows what happened to my pills. If there stock is correct, then they have done something with the paperwork or prescriptions or the medications to make it correct. It cannot be correct if
they are doing everything they should be doing.

I take these pills for back pain and my insurance only allows me to fill a
prescription every 30 days. I would like the CVS Pharmacy and all of it's
staff, especially the Pharmacist investigated. I will not use this CVS Pharmacy again but I would like the rest of my Oxycodone for the month.

I went in to the Pharmacy on Saturday 10/23 to speak with the Pharmacy manager. I explained my situation to her and she said, sorry, we watched the video the pills were counted twice and logged correctly. Our count is correct. I explained that I am not concerned about their count. Obviously something happened to my bottle of pills after it was counted and logged and before I picked it up. She called over some grouchy little old lady who said she personally reviewed the video and I left with 150 pills. I told her that she could not have viewed the video from 10/20 when my pills were filled to the time I picked them up in the evening of 10/22.
I dropped off 4 prescriptions on 10/22 but the prescription paperwork says that 2 of the prescriptions (oxycodone and morphine) were filled a couple of hours later on 10/22 but the cymbalta and soma were not filled until the morning of 10/22. There were 4 bottles in one bag with the oxycodone and morphine paperwork stapled together and the other 2 scrips added stapling all 4 together. Obviously the oxycodone and morphine were filled and were put somewhere, probably in a bag on 10/20 evening, when they filled the other 2 scrips on 10/22 and put them all together, is most likely when they stole my pills. But when I explained this to the Pharmacy manager she was rude, and said, she did had said all she was going to say to me, if the authorities wanted to look into it they could, but she is not going to look any further. She actually accused me of someone in my household taking my pills or me losing them or lying. When I explained that I left the pharmacy, went to Walmart, before I got out of my car I put all scrips in my purse, and zipped the middle zipper, when I returned to my car an hour later after grocery shopping the zipper was still zipped and that is when I noticed the pills were not there.
I sent a complaint form to the NV State Pharmacy Board and called the police. The police were supposed to return my call today to take my report but they have not done so yet.
The Pharmacy Manager should not be a manager if she is not smart enough to figure out that it doesn't make sense for them to fill 2 of the 4 medications, the narcotics, on one day, and fill the other 2 meds, 2 days later, leaving an opportunity for an employee to open the bag of the and remove an already filled bottle. The Pharmacy manager should lose her job and the Pharmacist's on all shifts should be fired and lose their licenses for allowing this to happen.
Complaint comments Comments (60) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other

Comments

13th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
CVS hires the least # of employeees they can and are always understaffed which is dangerous at their pharmacy where they fill prescriptions. They will have one pharmacist on duty and that person is supposed to do 1, 000 at one time . I am at a cvs which delivers prescriptions: however, you never know if and when you will get your meds---even the ones whichshould be taken regularlyAND are dangerous if NOT taken on a regular basis. They neve r cal to say the are out of a med and will have to delay your need for a day while they order it. And they never seem to know
why something did not get delivered.
Many delivery pharmacies deliver several times per day, but w/ CVS it is only one time per day.
Costco is cheaper and you do not have to be a member if order to use the Costco Pharmacy. Justtell the person looking for your membership card at the Costoc entrance tht ou are just using the pharmacy!
 13th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cvs Pharmacy - Carson Ca - Customer NO service
CVS Pharmacy -Carson Ca
23806 MAIN STREET
Carson
California
Phone: (310) 952-6640

For years I have ordered rx's several days in advance and was given a time/date to pick them up.
Due to poor service I would always do the follow up call to see if they were really ready and as always told yes they are filled come in.
When I get to the counter they are never really ready and you get the please come back in 30 mins.
So you wait the 30mins and get back in line and more times than not are told to come back again still not ready.
This little game can go on for hours on end if not days. You will quickly find out that getting Rx's filled here will become your new part time job.
They have also told me repeatedly about not getting auth from my doctor for refills.
But what they dont know is that I have driven to the doctors office several occations out of frustration and witnessed them fax it over while I watch. Just to satisfy my mind and see if the doctor is really the problem or not. My doctors office even started keeping sheets confirming that the fax transmitted without error.
I have been laughed at and walked away from while trying to explain things and by the pharmacy counter staff.
After several years of struggle I have pulled my pharmacy business away from CVS and I have no regrets its nice to be with a pharmacy now that really cares about is customers.
 24th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
CVS has shorted my class 2 & 3, they have also over dispensed, which I returned, thinking it was a set up.
 24th of Oct, 2010 by    +2 Votes
Maybe they filled the others two days later because they were out, but wanted to have the other ones ready for you as soon as possible.

I didn't even know they could legally fill a prescription for oxycodone that large. They must be low dosage.

Good luck.
 24th of Oct, 2010 by    +4 Votes
target pharmacy offers to recount before you leave their pharmacy, maybe you should ask your pharmacy to recount before you leave their store to make sure you have all your meds.
 29th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
You are on way too much medication. I don't believe this is a valid complaint for a second, the staff probably grimaces every time you come in. 150 pills is already way too many for a 30 day supply, plus you're getting oxy and morphine? Give me a break.
 30th of Nov, 2010 by    -7 Votes
Once again trouble with dispensing, as I've had many times. They do make serious drug mistakes. What did the pain Dr. write? The drug stores should have a room for us to count them with a video. so when it happened you have verification . I always count asap. As for people who don't suffer chronic pain, keep your negative opinions, up where they belong. I just don't under stand 150 oxycodones, "NOT OXYCOTIN"to clear up the drug lesson, my regimine is similar and I keep things locked-up an with me. Just keep them in their bottles. In Florida her I use CVS and they are always in a jumble that one of the kids that work there have opportunity to steal concidering the big drug problems we have with class 2 &3's.
good luck!!!
From FLORIDA
 11th of Jan, 2011 by    +1 Votes
From your written account, I can tell you are a bright person who is very analytical. You are probably correct in your assumption that between the time your prescription was filled and then dispensed, someone stole your meds. I am very unimpressed with one of the CVS stores near me. I watched them fill a prescription for me and the same pharmacist in training answered a phone and then filled my prescription by counting out pills with her bare hands. When I mentioned that I felt it was a sanitary thing to do, she said that is protocol. I then spoke with the pharmacist at hand who backed her up. I am saddened to think that we have people like this in the medical field.
 12th of Jan, 2011 by    +3 Votes
Power to the People, IN PAIN! There are a lot of problems in many drug stores with abusers behind the counter, and have a million excuses for their incompetence's, as I see how many scripts waiting to be picked up sit there. I still think they ought to have a monitored counting room for the customer to check the count. As I have had overages and returned the extras, mistake or set up who knows! Medications of every kind have to be counted correctly, NO IF ANDS or BUTTS ;-)
Best Wishes, but mostly-GOD BLESS
Michael
 23rd of Jan, 2011 by    +2 Votes
Always insist on going to a pharmacy that will recount your oxycodone in front of you when you pick up. If a pharmacy refuses to do this, don't do business with them. You are probably right in thinking that a worker may have stolen them out of the bag after they were counted. I wouldn't be surprised. As far as filling 2 of the prescriptions before the others, the pharmacy manager wouldn't question this because they probably think this is being done for your convenience so that you would not have to wait if you needed to pick them up before the other 2 were ready to fill. (I am guessing that the other 2 were a couple of days too soon- or someone is intentionally splitting the fill dates up so they will have a reason to get into the bags to combine them- which is when they probably steal some pills)
 15th of Feb, 2011 by     Best Advice +5 Votes
Walgreens is just as bad ! They think they are pain management MD'S and know better as to what dosages you should have . NOTE TO ALL PHARMACISTS JUST DO YOUR JOB AND FOLLOW DR'S ORDERS.
 7th of Mar, 2011 by    +3 Votes
Oye! This is a mess, personally in my 4 years of working in pharmacy I've never seen 150 Oxycodone prescribed within a 30 day period. Mind you I am at a store that does over 4, 000 scripts a week so I see a lot of medication. I know at my store it's mandatory that we double count C2's, and circle the correct amount as a safety guard but every store is different. Not to mention your story makes no sense...

"I dropped off 4 prescriptions on 10/22 but the prescription paperwork says that 2 of the prescriptions (oxycodone and morphine) were filled a couple of hours later on 10/22"
yet you say...
"Obviously the oxycodone and morphine were filled and were put somewhere, probably in a bag on 10/20 evening"
So you dropped off 4 prescriptions on 10/22 but the pharmacy filled them two days earlier? Yeah no...

Not to also mention that you're taking 5 oxycodones a day on top of everything else? I don't see people dieing of cancer get THAT many painkillers.

Last but not least, you said you only received 60, that's impossible. If you said 50 that would be believable and they could have shorted you two bottles...Or if you said 75 then a bottle. If you are saying it was one big bottle of 150 there is no way in hell anyone could have went into your bottle without someone taking a huge notice because they would have had to hand count 90 tablets. It's obvious you are lying. Saying everyone should lose their job, el oh el? We deal with people like you crying wolf all the damn time and it's frustrating because we are trying to help people who actually need it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------... />
@JESCO WHITE

You moronic idiot it's the pharmacist job to make sure the doctor is right. Countless times I've seen doctors call for a far higher dose than required. Down to the children who are prescribed a high amount of Tylenol for their fever and the doctor guessed the correct dose without using the proper formula to calculate it using the child weight. Pharmacist are doctors of medicine, they know far more than your doctor does when it comes to medication/drug interactions (which doctors do on a daily basis prescribe something that will interact in a bad way with another medication the patient is on)/ and your drug allergies. People like you really need to get a clue, you act like a child. The pharmacist is trying to prevent you from putting your hand on the stove but you just don't want to listen.
 6th of Jun, 2011 by    -1 Votes

CVS Pharmacy - inadequate service
500 Washington St.
Weymouth
Massachusetts
Phone: 781-335-0404

Just to give an example of what I go thru, I'll start with the most recent episode. I just had surgery, so last night my mother helped me out and put in a prescription for my grandson. It said it needed dr's approval. So she asked if there as a new on on hold... they said no. So I called and told them to look again... there was. But, there were not pills available for an entire fill, I would have to wait two days. I asked why more weren't reordered by the clerk that used the last of them. They didn't know. So I told them I would pick up the other one this morning. It wasn't filled. So I had to demand that it be filled, I wasn't coming back in an hour. So they asked if I would ride around the building. I did. I've road around that building 30 - 35 times in the past two years. Every month I sweat when I have to go there. Nothing is ever done correct... it takes 4-5 phone calls and a demand when I get there. Horrible experiences!
 6th of Jun, 2011 by    +1 Votes
You know...it could go something like this...the more you "demand", the slower they move...
 6th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Try Rite Aid.
 19th of Jul, 2011 by    -2 Votes
To whom it may concern I cant believe that you hire people that dont know how to count...My wife gets a prescription for oxycodone and she is supposed to get 120 every 30 days and she needs them all.Well the Honesdale store shorted her 10 and they told her that thier count was right.I can only determine that you have a bunch of thieves that work for you.From looking at all the complaints you have it just goes to show you guys that there is a great problem with your pharmacists.Somebody is stealing the medication and and the consumer(customer) (paitent) is the loser in this sorry situation.I suggest that you find more repitable people to work for you...Take note I will make sure that she counts them in front of the pharmacist from now on...Sorry but I cant say thank you at this time...Allan Schmidt
 22nd of Jul, 2011 by    +2 Votes
Pharmacists most unprofessional. Specifically, night shift pharmacy personnel.
 19th of Aug, 2011 by    -2 Votes
Hear this type of complaint way too often.. usually it's an abuser trying to get more medication. people, we've heard all the stories.. you can't come up with one that we haven't heard. "I dropped my pills in a sink of water" "I dropped my pills in the toilet" "my boyfriend/girlfriend threw my pills out" "i lost my pills" and the famous one that they were shorted and blame the pharmacy.. and, to "dontuseCVS" when YOU picked up the prescription, YOU didn't notice that the bottle didn't feel right. the pharmacy was right in this case. there is a big difference between the way 60 tablets and 150 tablets feel in a bottle and the size of the bottle. these drugs are monitored by the states and every pill/capsule has to be accounted for.. so quit blaming the pharmacy employees and scam the system
 5th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes

CVS Pharmacy - Wait
CVS Pharmacy

Because of our health plan, we must use CVS Pharmacy for our prescriptions. The only one in our area is about 5 miles away, requiring a special trip, at least 20 minutes of time, and gas usage. The night before Thanksgiving, I was on my way to finish shopping about 4 p.m. and dropped off two prescriptions which had been previously filled by CVS' Caremark mail order service. The girl said they were very busy and it would be 45 minutes. I wasn't happy, but I said okay, as I had shopping to do. At 55 minutes, I returned to the CVS drive-through, only to be told that they were really busy because of the holiday and hadn't even begun to look at it. Could I come back later? NO, it's too much of a hassle and I have things to do for the holiday. After another 5 minutes, the pharmacist sa9d he'd have to call this other branch of their company about transferring the script. I asked how long. He wanted my cell phone number. I said that I didn't have time for this and would come back on another day. IF THEY WERE THIS BUSY, THEY SHOULD HAVE CALLED IN MORE PEOPLE TO WORK. I have worked in various forms of retail, and was trained that you do whatever needs to be done for the customer to be satisfied. I have had to use this pharmacy for a number of months, leaving the small place I have gone to my entire life. If a walk-in customer has to wait more than 10 minutes or a drive-in customer for more that 45 minutes to get a script filled, that store is either woefully understaffed or badly managed. Either way, if you know a holiday or other major event is coming, prepare appropriately! I would not deal here if I didn't have to.
 9th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
Well I would only suggest in finding a insurance that deals with mail orders.

CVS Pharmacy Logo CVS Pharmacy