CVS

CVS
Commonwealth Ave
Allston, Massachusetts
Phone: 617 277-6080
Store #1024. I'll keep this short. Most times I go in there I get stuck being waited on by Fran (cashier #394042) who says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING through the whole transaction. It's ridiculous. I'll walk up with a smile and say "Hi" or "Good afternoon" and she'll just look at me and breathe through her mouth. She also (and this has to be deliberate) takes her time doing everything. It's incredibly rude.

The other option is the tiny old lady who is really terse and demanding. But not always: sometimes she's on her smoke break.

I wish CVS had a complaints section on the website so I didn't have to write this on a discussion board, but I've been wanting to complain about Fran for about 7 months and I couldn't stand to put it off any longer.
Complaint comments Comments (65) Complaint country United States Complaint category Drug Stores

Comments

12th of Feb, 2007 by    0 Votes

CVS - Very poor customer service!

The CVS Drug store in Annandale Virginia has very poor customer service. They are inept and indifferent to customer's complaints.
 13th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I went to the CVS store on 41st street on Miami Beach today (02/13/09) and received the worst customer service I have experienced in a long time. I have had a few bad experiences in the past but always gave them the benefit of the doubt. Today, I asked for help with some "family planning" items that were locked up and a young lady was very nice and helped me in an efficient manner. When I was done I asked her if I can check out at the pharmacy since the line was quite long in the main entrance and I wanted to go out through the other door anyway. She said "no problem, they are open". When I got back to the pharmacy, the pharmacist was helping another customer and I waited in line. When it was my turn, I went up and the pharmacist (Ricardo Lopez) told me to go to the front counter. I asked him why and that he just helped the previous customer. He told me he was busy and did not have time to help me. I was shocked and said "isn't the customer more important" and he said no he is not a cashier and to go upfront. I proceeded to ask him for the manager and he told me he was the manager. I told him to give his boss's name and he was reluctant but now there were people watching so he gave it to me and gave more attitude. That is when, unfortunately, I got vulgar and told him he had no manners and he was part of the reason why this country was in the trouble it was in and walk away. I will never go to CVS again and I will make sure to tell as many people as possible.
 20th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Yeah. the guy at the PHARMACY counter who wouldnt ring up your non medical items b/c theres already cashiers at the front, and he has hundreds of perscriptions to call in and fill, is whats REALLY wrong w/ this country!! you tell 'em. excuse me while I roll my eyes, please. why dont you have some patience and wait in line like everyone else. im sure no one in the store was looking at you like you're a big moron making a scene. thank goodness for that.
 19th of Mar, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Can you not use some common sense and realize that the pharmacist that may not have anyone standing in his line doesnt already have 100 prescriptions backed up from phone ins, drive through orders and doctor faxes that he is responsible for for filling correctly and promptly. He has the lives of all of his customers in his hands and one error could prove fatal. Ringing up your condoms because you're too impatient to stand in line where you should is the least of his worries. How about using your head before you make complaints about someone who is trying to do his job efficiently.
 19th of Mar, 2009 by    -1 Votes
It has nothing to do with whether or not the pharmacist was busy, you don't tell a customer you are too busy to help them. The guy was having a stressful day at work, deal with it we all do.
It would have taken what, a minute to ring up the purchase?

At the very least, he could have put out the register closed sign which they all have. You don't let someone stand in line, and then when they get there say 'sorry, too busy now, im closed!'
 20th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
As a former cvs employee, you must now know your rights as a customer has been violated. Regardless if the pharmacist was busy or not, customers do come first!!! On the back of your CVS extra care card there is a phone number, if you don't have a card then here is a phone number that you can file a complaint with the main office in Rhode Island, # is 1-800-shop-cvs. And since you do have his name, make sure you complain about how he treated you.

This # will help you out in the long run, they will ask you your name, address and telephone number, what store you went to, etc..., you will then probably get a phone call from the district manager of pharmacy inform him of your version of this complaint, and this will be one strike against this pharmacist.

Hope I was helpful..., .
 28th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
Took place at the CVS located on 1249 Nostrand Ave, Brooklyn NY 11225

I was overlooked and dismissed by the pharmacist Ms. Mei Xu. After waiting, as Ms. Xu attended to another customer, a middle age male customer walked up to the counter and stood along side of me. Ms. Xu, immediately attended to this gentle. I informed Ms. Xu, that I was next in line, she ignored me and continued to follow through with the middle age gentlemen, asking him is name. I said nothing and patiently waited to be serviced. As a young woman, I felt discriminated against. Most importantly, I recently moved into this neighbor and always filled my prescriptions at locate, "mom and pa" pharmacies because they welcome and treat me with respect. Ms. Xu never asked the question, “whose next?” Nor, did Ms. Xu apologize for her behavior. It is my earnest hope that this matter be looked into, in order to restore customer value.
 31st of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Hello,

I am a shift supervisor for CVS and even though I do not work for store #1024 I do apologise. There is a section on CVS.com under contact us for complaints. I suggest that you use that to send in this complaint as it will be required for the store manager to take action. All complaints that are sent via the web site are sent to the corporate office, the district manager and the store manager with in 48 hours. You can also request that the store manager contact you through this as well. Another suggestion I would give would be to ask for a supervisor or manager and speak directly to them same day. Also, I ask that you do not put cashier numbers on a post like this as it is a security concern for the store. If you would like you can email me at TSITE25@AOL.COM and I will personally give you the store managers name and phone number as well as the District Managers name.
 11th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I was in your corner until the end... He should've helped you out, despite how busy he was, but what you said was a racial/ethnic slur and if that's the kind of person you are then I wouldn't want to help you either... Shame on you both!
 2nd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have been a customer of CVS since it took over the SavOn store in Manhattan Beach. Yesterday I called in refills in the morning requesting a 4:00p.m. pickup. When I arrived at the pharmacy at 5:15p.m. I was surprised to see that the pharmacy area had been completely redone to the point that it looked like a completely different store. There was only 1 face among the approximately 10 employees that I recognized. My prescriptions were not ready, so I had to wait an additional 20 minutes. When I asked about the delay I was told "we are running a little behind". There was no apology, nothing. When I asked if there were a store manager I could talk to I was told that I would have to call their 800 number. I have decided to transfer my prescriptions to a small local pharmacy closer to where I work on the advice of a co-worker who does business there. In the business world, CVS just failed!
 10th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
Just because it wasn't all about you, you come here and file a complaint against the pharmacy!!! I'm sure it didn't hurt you to stand there just a little longer. I'm surprised you aren't also screaming reverse discrimination too.
 19th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
While she shouldn't have ignored you, I've been in this situation before where I accidentally went to the customer that just walked in and skipped over someone who was waiting there. It's awkward to start helping one customer, then halt, go to you, then they get mad, then you get frustrated, etc. It's less damage control when you only piss off one customer. Or maybe there was a good reason she tended to him first that you were unaware of. Did you discuss the issue with the pharmacist?
 23rd of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
my employer switched to CVS insurance for my prescriptions and i have never had more problems with filling prescriptions before. THIS IS A HORRIBLE INSURANCE PROVIDER. they force me to use their CVS pharmacy--i can no longer get prescriptions filled at my regular pharmacy because CVS won't pay unless i use their pharmacy! and they have longer waiting periods to refill prescriptions--CVS is a perfect example of insurance pencil heads and profit hungry corporations interfering with doctor/patient business!

I AM TOTALLY DISSATISFIED WITH THIS CRAPPY COMPANY, and their solution to my dissatisfaction is to pay for my own prescriptions! YOU ARE NOT DOING ME A FAVOR BY PROVIDING INSURANCE FOR ME! I WORK FOR IT!
 7th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I HAVE A COMPLAINT, IT COST ME 29 CENTS EACH FOR PHOTOS AND I DIDN'T EVEN GET WHAT I WANTED.MY BILL WAS OVER $17.00 AND I WANTED THE VALENTINE SPECIAL THAT WAS ADVERTISED.HEY, CVS YOU WANT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ME GETTING PHOTOS AGAIN, I'M GOING TO WALGREEN THERE PHOTES ARE 14CENTS.I HAVE NEVER USED CVS PHOTO CENTER AND I NEVER WILL AGAIN.THANKS REBECCA TAPLEY(tapley.tapley125@gmail.com) waynesboro, ga.
 28th of Apr, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I PROCEED TO PURCHASE A PHONE CARD AT THE CVS STORE LOCATED AT 2974 AVENTURA BLVD, AVENTURA, FL. THE CLERK DID NOT HAVE THE $15.OO CARD AVAILABLE AND HANDED ME A $20.00 CARD. HE TOLD ME TO SCRATCH THE NUMBERS ON THE BACK OF THE CARD. I HANDED HIM AA $20.00 BILL AND TOLD HIM I DID NOT WANT INTERNATIONAL CARD!! I SAID YOU GAVE ME THE INCORRECT CARD. IASKED FOR MY $20.00 BACK AND TO GIVE ME THE CORRECT CARD!! THE CLERKS NAME WAS (GEORGE) HE CALLED THE MANAGER NAMED (CRIS) WHO WOULD NOT GIVE ME HIS LAST NAME. HE INFORMED ME THAT HE COULD NOT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK, EVEN THO THE CLERK GAVE ME THE WRONG PHONE CARD! HE WAS VERY ADAMENT AND NASTY AND SAID YOU CAN NOT GET A MONEY BACK ON THIS CARD EVEN THO THE CLERK GAVE ME THE WRONG CARD. I TOLD HIM I THOUGH TTHE CLERK SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS MISTAKE AND HE PROCEED ED TO SAY " I AM NOT GOING TO MAKE MY CLERK RESONSIBLE FOR THIS $20.00 EVEN THO IT WAS HIS MISTAKE. I WILL NOT SHOP EVER AGAIN IN CVS!!!
 10th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
treat their pharmacists like criminals..guilty until proven innocent
 24th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
I WENT TO THE CVS IN EVANSVILLE IN THIS IS THE SECOND TIME ITS HAPPENED I BOUGHT A CVS BRAND HEATWRAPS FOR MY ANKLE WELL TWO LATER I WENT TO USE IT. THERE WERE NOTHING IN THE BOX BUY THAT TIME I DIDNT HAVE MY RECEIT I THINK I SHOULD GET A REFUND FROM NOW ILL CHECK THE BOX OR GO TO WALLGREENS.
 29th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Did you get fired for stealing medication??
 12th of Jun, 2010 by    +1 Votes
You are so absolutel right about wanting a complain section at the CVS website. For years I habe been going to store 4649 in Fishers, IN.
I learned my lession not to go there on Saturday mornings. The woman that works there is just as bad. I was the only customer, walked in - she looked me straight in the eyes and I said "Hi" ...all she did is turned around and talked to the "Assistant Manager" (whom I - and all my friends try to avoid for a long time now because she is actually rude).
Then I was looking for things and wanted to ask for an item and I guess I wasn't supposed to interrupt either one of them - I got the "one figure hold up" while they were busy talking and standing around. (Did I mention I was the only customer in the store!!).
During the checkout the cashier forgot to ring up and item and instead of apologizing all I got was; "Hang on - that "didn't ring up" so you have to pay for this seperate".
I am healed...never again CVS!!!
 23rd of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Pharm Techs are forced to miss lunch and breaks which will lead to mistakes in Rx.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree