logo

CVS
Commonwealth Ave
Allston, Massachusetts
Phone: 617 277-6080
Store #1024. I'll keep this short. Most times I go in there I get stuck being waited on by Fran (cashier #394042) who says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING through the whole transaction. It's ridiculous. I'll walk up with a smile and say "Hi" or "Good afternoon" and she'll just look at me and breathe through her mouth. She also (and this has to be deliberate) takes her time doing everything. It's incredibly rude.

The other option is the tiny old lady who is really terse and demanding. But not always: sometimes she's on her smoke break.

I wish CVS had a complaints section on the website so I didn't have to write this on a discussion board, but I've been wanting to complain about Fran for about 7 months and I couldn't stand to put it off any longer.
Comments United States Drug Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Feb, 2009 by   TdBeach 0 Votes
I went to the CVS store on 41st street on Miami Beach today (02/13/09) and received the worst customer service I have experienced in a long time. I have had a few bad experiences in the past but always gave them the benefit of the doubt. Today, I asked for help with some "family planning" items that were locked up and a young lady was very nice and helped me in an efficient manner. When I was done I asked her if I can check out at the pharmacy since the line was quite long in the main entrance and I wanted to go out through the other door anyway. She said "no problem, they are open". When I got back to the pharmacy, the pharmacist was helping another customer and I waited in line. When it was my turn, I went up and the pharmacist (Ricardo Lopez) told me to go to the front counter. I asked him why and that he just helped the previous customer. He told me he was busy and did not have time to help me. I was shocked and said "isn't the customer more important" and he said no he is not a cashier and to go upfront. I proceeded to ask him for the manager and he told me he was the manager. I told him to give his boss's name and he was reluctant but now there were people watching so he gave it to me and gave more attitude. That is when, unfortunately, I got vulgar and told him he had no manners and he was part of the reason why this country was in the trouble it was in and walk away. I will never go to CVS again and I will make sure to tell as many people as possible.
 20th of Feb, 2009 by   honest 0 Votes
Yeah. the guy at the PHARMACY counter who wouldnt ring up your non medical items b/c theres already cashiers at the front, and he has hundreds of perscriptions to call in and fill, is whats REALLY wrong w/ this country!! you tell 'em. excuse me while I roll my eyes, please. why dont you have some patience and wait in line like everyone else. im sure no one in the store was looking at you like you're a big moron making a scene. thank goodness for that.
 28th of Mar, 2009 by   Jane Doe 0 Votes
Took place at the CVS located on 1249 Nostrand Ave, Brooklyn NY 11225

I was overlooked and dismissed by the pharmacist Ms. Mei Xu. After waiting, as Ms. Xu attended to another customer, a middle age male customer walked up to the counter and stood along side of me. Ms. Xu, immediately attended to this gentle. I informed Ms. Xu, that I was next in line, she ignored me and continued to follow through with the middle age gentlemen, asking him is name. I said nothing and patiently waited to be serviced. As a young woman, I felt discriminated against. Most importantly, I recently moved into this neighbor and always filled my prescriptions at locate, "mom and pa" pharmacies because they welcome and treat me with respect. Ms. Xu never asked the question, “whose next?” Nor, did Ms. Xu apologize for her behavior. It is my earnest hope that this matter be looked into, in order to restore customer value.
 31st of Jul, 2009 by   tsite25 0 Votes
Hello,

I am a shift supervisor for CVS and even though I do not work for store #1024 I do apologise. There is a section on CVS.com under contact us for complaints. I suggest that you use that to send in this complaint as it will be required for the store manager to take action. All complaints that are sent via the web site are sent to the corporate office, the district manager and the store manager with in 48 hours. You can also request that the store manager contact you through this as well. Another suggestion I would give would be to ask for a supervisor or manager and speak directly to them same day. Also, I ask that you do not put cashier numbers on a post like this as it is a security concern for the store. If you would like you can email me at TSITE25@AOL.COM and I will personally give you the store managers name and phone number as well as the District Managers name.
 2nd of Sep, 2009 by   Carlsbad Lover 0 Votes
I have been a customer of CVS since it took over the SavOn store in Manhattan Beach. Yesterday I called in refills in the morning requesting a 4:00p.m. pickup. When I arrived at the pharmacy at 5:15p.m. I was surprised to see that the pharmacy area had been completely redone to the point that it looked like a completely different store. There was only 1 face among the approximately 10 employees that I recognized. My prescriptions were not ready, so I had to wait an additional 20 minutes. When I asked about the delay I was told "we are running a little behind". There was no apology, nothing. When I asked if there were a store manager I could talk to I was told that I would have to call their 800 number. I have decided to transfer my prescriptions to a small local pharmacy closer to where I work on the advice of a co-worker who does business there. In the business world, CVS just failed!
 10th of Oct, 2009 by   RestlessHeart 0 Votes
Just because it wasn't all about you, you come here and file a complaint against the pharmacy!!! I'm sure it didn't hurt you to stand there just a little longer. I'm surprised you aren't also screaming reverse discrimination too.
 7th of Feb, 2010 by   rebeccatapley 0 Votes
I HAVE A COMPLAINT, IT COST ME 29 CENTS EACH FOR PHOTOS AND I DIDN'T EVEN GET WHAT I WANTED.MY BILL WAS OVER $17.00 AND I WANTED THE VALENTINE SPECIAL THAT WAS ADVERTISED.HEY, CVS YOU WANT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ME GETTING PHOTOS AGAIN, I'M GOING TO WALGREEN THERE PHOTES ARE 14CENTS.I HAVE NEVER USED CVS PHOTO CENTER AND I NEVER WILL AGAIN.THANKS REBECCA TAPLEY(tapley.tapley125@gmail.com) waynesboro, ga.
 28th of Apr, 2010 by   roodee +1 Votes
I PROCEED TO PURCHASE A PHONE CARD AT THE CVS STORE LOCATED AT 2974 AVENTURA BLVD, AVENTURA, FL. THE CLERK DID NOT HAVE THE $15.OO CARD AVAILABLE AND HANDED ME A $20.00 CARD. HE TOLD ME TO SCRATCH THE NUMBERS ON THE BACK OF THE CARD. I HANDED HIM AA $20.00 BILL AND TOLD HIM I DID NOT WANT INTERNATIONAL CARD!! I SAID YOU GAVE ME THE INCORRECT CARD. IASKED FOR MY $20.00 BACK AND TO GIVE ME THE CORRECT CARD!! THE CLERKS NAME WAS (GEORGE) HE CALLED THE MANAGER NAMED (CRIS) WHO WOULD NOT GIVE ME HIS LAST NAME. HE INFORMED ME THAT HE COULD NOT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK, EVEN THO THE CLERK GAVE ME THE WRONG PHONE CARD! HE WAS VERY ADAMENT AND NASTY AND SAID YOU CAN NOT GET A MONEY BACK ON THIS CARD EVEN THO THE CLERK GAVE ME THE WRONG CARD. I TOLD HIM I THOUGH TTHE CLERK SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS MISTAKE AND HE PROCEED ED TO SAY " I AM NOT GOING TO MAKE MY CLERK RESONSIBLE FOR THIS $20.00 EVEN THO IT WAS HIS MISTAKE. I WILL NOT SHOP EVER AGAIN IN CVS!!!
 10th of May, 2010 by   geicorob 0 Votes
treat their pharmacists like criminals..guilty until proven innocent
 29th of May, 2010 by   KixStar 0 Votes
Did you get fired for stealing medication??
 12th of Jun, 2010 by   debbie1212 +1 Votes
You are so absolutel right about wanting a complain section at the CVS website. For years I habe been going to store 4649 in Fishers, IN.
I learned my lession not to go there on Saturday mornings. The woman that works there is just as bad. I was the only customer, walked in - she looked me straight in the eyes and I said "Hi" ...all she did is turned around and talked to the "Assistant Manager" (whom I - and all my friends try to avoid for a long time now because she is actually rude).
Then I was looking for things and wanted to ask for an item and I guess I wasn't supposed to interrupt either one of them - I got the "one figure hold up" while they were busy talking and standing around. (Did I mention I was the only customer in the store!!).
During the checkout the cashier forgot to ring up and item and instead of apologizing all I got was; "Hang on - that "didn't ring up" so you have to pay for this seperate".
I am healed...never again CVS!!!
 23rd of Jun, 2010 by   billoang 0 Votes
Pharm Techs are forced to miss lunch and breaks which will lead to mistakes in Rx.
 23rd of Jun, 2010 by   KixStar 0 Votes
Sounds like you ARE one of those pharm techs. This would be an issue for HR. Shoot an email to your district manager.

Also, I'm a pharm tech for a competing pharmacy and I just eat my lunch behind the pharmacy.
 26th of Jun, 2010 by   Pstacy +1 Votes
My complaint is about the store manager in the Knox In. store.It seems to me that she is playing favorites among the stores employees and she is best friends with one, and when her friends drawer is over or under she tries to cover it up, but when my daughters drawer is over or under by a lesser amount she gets her hours cut. As all parents do we look out for our children so that no one takes advantage of them. I just want CVS management to know whats going on in there stores so that the hardworking employees of CVS get treated fairly and with dignity.
 1st of Jul, 2010 by   Haroula 0 Votes
On 6/26/10- I went to store # 5590. I chose three beach chairs to purchase. Two of the chairs were in a stack of 5 total with a price of $17.99. When I proceeded to check out the cashier told me that two of the chairs were $27.99 each. I informed cashier of the sign of $17.99. She stated she would have someone check. At that moment a man walked up who indicated he was the manager went and checked, he returned stating that the chairs were in fact $27.99 each. I informed him that they were all placed under the sign that stated they were $17.99, he became arguementative with me. I told him that his approach was not professional and I have been a customer with CVS for a very long time and he should be aware that his store is new to the communtiy and certainly does not want to lose customers over his poor communication skills. I can certainly accept if there was an error in placement of these chairs, but cannot accept or tolerate such rude behavior from the manager of the store whom represents the pharmacy and should be a role model to his employees.
 10th of Jul, 2010 by   KixStar 0 Votes
It was rude because he told you they were in the wrong place? You said: "I can certainly accept if there was an error in placement of these chairs". So what was so rude about the manager telling you that very thing?
 20th of Aug, 2010 by   jessicafisher 0 Votes
my name is jessica fisher--------- cvs is the worst i used to go to store 5126 in south floida all the time and make photos for my mother every time i go know they try to sell me things i dont want gosh how i hate that what cvs is doing to people i dont want cd i dont have a dvd or a computer so why do i need a cd they dont even ask me if i want a cd they just asume i want one how disrespful this is to me i go to walgreens now where they hepl me all the time and just asume i want things i dont need!!!
 31st of Aug, 2010 by   larry m james 0 Votes
have 2 extra care cards in my name need just one please correct
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   Nicolas Dzepina 0 Votes
Why is that we customers have to be CONSTANTLY subjected by the SAME loud intrusive style of pop vocal music while shopping in your stores in Mission Viejo and Laguna Hills, California?

I have complained to a staff member in Laguna Hills, formerly Long’s Drugs who also hated it. He said they could not do anything about it since it was a Corporate decision and they could not play anything else. He has to put up with it 8 hours per day. That's mental harassment!

1-Does Corporate office understand that people go a drug store not to
listen to music but for their shopping?

2- Does the corporate office also understand that not everybody want
to be distracted from their shopping by loud intrusive music even
if they like and/or do not necessarily dislike what's playing?

3- Does the Corporate office understand that music playing is
distractive either way?

a) If you love what playing you pays attention to the music and not to
your shopping (i.e.) you end up bypassing items that you could
have purchased.

Case in point: Some years ago the Gallo wine Company ran a commercial on CBS channel 2, with a beautiful unknown musical background. People kept calling the station to find out the musical piece name and author. The Gallo wine company realizing that people were paying attention to the music and not to their product pulled out the commercial!

b) If you do not like what's playing you want to get out as soon as
possible. That's exactly what I did! In fact I walked out of your
Mision Viejo store in disgust and went to Walgreens instead
further away across the street where music is much less intrusive.

c) Finally does CVS corporate office understand that people have
different musical taste…. or they do not care as long as they get
kickbacks for the music company to promote that style of music?

That’s the only reason you would constantly play it in your stores that makes sense to me.

Otherwise I do not understand why that style of music is so important to you!

If revenue from those kickbacks are more important than the paying customer be it!

I will no longer set foot in your stores neither will I buy your products on line unless the atmosphere of your stores is more conducive to want to go shopping there.

I cannot patronize a Company that shows no considerations to its customers.

I do not know if your store in Laguna Hills California is profitable but the last two times we went there, they were exactly only 3 and 4 other shoppers in that store and you just lost two (my wife and I) because if we put up with it for a long time, all of sudden we got tired of it!

How many more have you lost who do not spent the time to write to make you aware of the situation?

Writing takes time and to complain to the Store Manager is always stressful
 31st of Oct, 2010 by   moran_ra 0 Votes
Which federal agency would I go to about CVS losing my scripts, giving me the wrong medication ... etc. My local CVS is utterly incompetent. They're giving medication with the wrong paperwork attached. Charging me money for their mistakes. It's utter insanity. I'm going to change pharmacies but I'm also going to do everything in my power to make sure these idiots don't kill someone. CVS 3901 TEAYS VALLEY ROAD, CORNER OF HOSPITAL DRIVE, HURRICANE, WV, 25526.

Top Five 2010 Card Fraud Industry Trends by Actimize