Culver's Restaurant

Posted:

Bad service

Culver's Restaurant
I actually had filed a complaint on the Culver's website on March 1st, but have yet to receive any response. My husband and I usually go to our local Culver's in Owatonna, MN for lunch every Wednesday for their Chicken Salad Sandwich special. Three of the past five visits we encountered very unpleasant large size chicken bones in the chicken salad. Although after the first incident we went back, thinking it was just an oversight (we believe they make the chicken salad from scratch). However, after the third incident, neither one of us think we can stomach ordering another one.
Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country United States Complaint category Restaurants & Bars

Comments

12th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
Yes I worked at a Culver's, their chicken salad is made from scratch, with chicken pulled off the bone, with a little care there is like a 99% chance there won't be bones please call and let the mgmt know, they do care.
 12th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
I just noticed which restaurant this is, I worked with a manager named maly in the Northfield opening, great guy ask for him
 23rd of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
I'd like to agree with the posting that Culver's has fresh "from scratch" foods and that corporate really cares, but for the most part, that hasn't really been what I've experienced. Maybe the problems are with some of the franchisees, but over the past decade (give or take a few years) it seems like there has been a decline in the quality of several of the menu items. The first change we noted was in the quality of the butter burger - from a fresh hand-formed ground beef patty seared with crispy edges to a mediocre all too perfectly round frozen meat patty that lacked the crusty edges. The change so disappointed some of my family members that our visits to Culver's became fewer and fewer. I continued to patronize Culver's because I have enjoyed their fried fish sandwiches and dinners, soup and the fried cheese curds. The fried fish is now only acceptable (good flaky fish, but a bland tasteless batter/coating), and the cheese curds taste like cheap cut-up fried mozzarella sticks-- not the formerly delicious Wisconsin cheddar curds. The cheesy chicken tortilla soup was so spicy-hot that it was barely edible (and please bear in mind that I grew up in Cajun country and am no stranger to heavily spiced foods and do enjoy very hot dishes generously laced with Tabasco, jalapeno and other peppers). I wanted to report the issue with the foods to the manager, but he made rounds before I had enough time to taste everything on the plate. I was sufficiently satisfied with the fish (not thrilled, yet hungry enough to put up with lack-luster taste) so when he asked it the meal was 'okay' I agreed - but that's the point, the fish was merely OKAY -- not great-- and I didn't realize how bad the soup and curds would be. The next step is for me to call corporate to make a report. But given the dismissive response I received years ago when I called to report on the change in the Butter Burger, I don't expect much, but perhaps this time around I will be pleasantly surprised.

Culver's Logo Culver's