logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
sewelldirect.com
I got wrong order, but the seller didn’t change it
2. (0 mins ago)
mobily broadband@work
slow connection
3. (1 mins ago)
Cincinnati Bell Fioptics
Selling a service and not providing it
4. (4 mins ago)
themagicvine.com
The magic vine is fake
5. (6 mins ago)
Hotvoip.com
Money paid but not credited

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Cub Cadet Complaints & Reviews - The Tank Zero turn radius mower

Cub Cadet Contacts & Informations

Cub Cadet

Posted:    Ann Myers-Baxter

The Tank Zero turn radius mower

My husband & I bought a Cub Cadet "The Tank" zero turn radius mower (commercial grade) 48" cut in April, 2007. Brand new. We do lawns commercially. Any time my husband mows with it he can't get more than 10 hours to a set of blades which cost between $50.00 & $60.00 for a set. Usually he gets less than 10 hours. The mower doesn't seem to discharge the grass out from under the deck so it gets guilt up & wears the blades out. We wash under the deck but when you are mowing a yard that takes 4 to 6 hours to mow you can't stop & wash the deck every hour. This cuts into your time and money. I am wondering if anyone else has this problem with the same machine? We have asked the dealer & he says he hasn't had any other complaints.
Comments United States Home & Garden
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jul, 2007 by   Stan Cooper 0 Votes
I bought a new 48" Tank in July 2006 and have the same trouble with grass build up and failure to discharge properly. I assume it's the nature of the deck design, which is clearly flawed.
 21st of Sep, 2007 by   Frank S. 0 Votes
I have a 48" tank also. It loves to choke on its own clippings also. When the mowing gets tough, I start up the old 30 year young, 18hp John Deere, it's not pretty and shinny anymore, but sure does cut grass like lightning.
 10th of Oct, 2007 by   M. Brickhouse 0 Votes
I have 60'tank that had a similar problem. I removed the grass shoot and replaced it with a piece of heavy rubber from an old conveyor belt.the old shoot tapered down to the ground. My new shoot does not.

I got the idea looking at a friends tor they come standard that way. It helps alot because it less restrictive.
 15th of Oct, 2008 by   Mary Ann Blalock 0 Votes
I have a zero turn tractor one year old have had to replace the drive belt three times. Want to give it away.
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   PALMJ5 0 Votes
we purchaced a cub cadet 48 inch cut zero turn in august 2008 have used it 13 hours on hour meter worked on machine 5 to 6 hours fixing and getting mower to run when we contacted cub cadet 800 give a care number you guessed it they did not give a care. you ask will we by another not not not piece of junk. If we just keep one person from purchaseing on will be worth it all go to wal mart
 22nd of Jun, 2009 by   Sadie1 0 Votes
i have a 48" Z cub with a fab deck that will not discharge the grass. i have had it looked at by other dealers and they agree that it is a poor design of the baffles under the deck around the left hand blade as none of the other brands have that design even the other cubs i have looked at. this is the second year i have had it and also i have to get out the 11 year old John Deere to mow with no trouble. i have talked to the tractor supply company where i purchased it an they have been real helpful but not saying some much about the MTD rep. that will not even call the store back. anybody thinking about one word of advise stay with the green machine.
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   Bryan Eller 0 Votes
I have a cub cadet RZT50 mower with 53 hours on it, while mowing the blades quit, I thought the belt popped off. I looked underneath and the whole pto clutch fell off. The bolt in the end of the crankshaft broke off, I removed broken bolt to dscover the end of the crank keyway is wornout, the clutch now is sloppy on the crank! It now needs the crankshaft and the clutch replaced. Took to store (LOWES') and was told SOL. contacted cub cadet dealer also no help! If you know how to get this fixed let me know.
 20th of Aug, 2009 by   unhappy purchase 0 Votes
I also have a cub cadet Z Force 48" fabricated deck. Same problem, grass will not come out of the chute at a rate high enough to keep the deck from clogging up. I have tried different blade disigns deck leveling mowing at different heights, speeds, nothing works. This has got to be a design problem but I am told by a dealer that cub doesn't build there own decks. Maybe cub needs to do a little more research before purchasing decks from other manufactors that could ruin there business. I know I will never buy another cub cadet because of this!
 17th of Sep, 2009 by   MasterCare lawn 0 Votes
I have a RZT 50 and i have had none of these problems i've had it for 3 years and i use it on my own property and some commercial use and have not had the deck clog once or had any other issues except the connections on the elec pto switch have come loose.
 23rd of Sep, 2009 by   John Poor 0 Votes
I purchased a 60 inch Cub Cadet about 2 years ago. It has been nothing but one problem after another. It has never started after sitting for more than 5 days without me having to work on it to get it started. I have gone through 2 electric clutches to date. It is the worst piece of equipment I have ever purchased. I will never recommend this or any other Cub Cadet product to any one I know and if given the chance I will discurage anyone I can from perchasing one.
 18th of Nov, 2009 by   HFF1748 0 Votes
I BOUGHT A NEW HFF 1748 WALK BEHIND MOWER THIS SPRING @ 17 HOURS I WENT THRU 4 BELTS @ $40 A PIECE TWO DIFFERENT DEALERS HAD IT FIVE DIFFERENT TIMES FINALLY SOMEBODY FROM THE FACTORY CAME AND SORTA FIXED IT, I KNOW GET 80 TO 100 HOURS OUT OF THE DRIVE BELT, BUT BACK TO THE DECK ISSUE I BELIEVE IT'S THE COMMAND CUT DECK THAT SUCKS, IF CONDITIONS ARE PERFECT (NOT TO HIGH OR WET) IT HAS A GREAT CUT, BUT IF IT'S A LITTLE WET THAT THING WILL LEAVE LITTLE CLUMPS OR RANDOM ROWS OF GRASS. I'M NOT REAL HAPPY EITHER ACTUALLY I TRY NOT TO USE IT THAT MUCH. MY DEALER TRIED VERY HARD TO MAKE IT RIGHT ITS JUST GOT ISSUES. IT DOES DO A GOOD JOB ON LEAVES. THIS SPRING I'M GONNA DUMP THIS PROBLEM ON SOMEONE ELSE AND GET ME A NEW ZERO TURN
 13th of May, 2010 by   P. Kurst 0 Votes
I have an 2009 ZF50 that is on it's third drive belt in 60 hours! Dealer has no idea why it keep throwing the belt and it's not covered under warranty because it's a wear item. I get two chances when it throws the belt and on the third throw it snaps it. I too have to creep through the yard due to the clogging issue. Wish I still had the old green tractor mower I had before this one.
 23rd of May, 2010 by   GEORGE STAATS 0 Votes
I bought a Gt 1554 and it has 28 hours on it and has been in the shop more than at my own house because thew blades won't stay running. the sorry ass mechanics at CULPEPER VA. CUB CADET couldn't fix fix it and they are certified! The only thing I can see them being certified in is drinking their lunch and leaning on my trailer telling me it's a battery.
They have checked the wiring, replaced the PTO clutch, ignition switch, PTO switch, and now they don't know what to do so they just told me to come get it, even though the blades only stay on for 2 seconds.
This tractor is the worst I have ever seen and Cub Cadet I thought was a GOOD Co. I suggest if you like throwing thousands of dollars away CUB CADET would be your best decision!!! A $800 Murray puts the Cub Cadet tractors to shame THAT'S REALLY SAD!!!
So just a warning from a homeowner and Lawncare Business owner don't waste your hard earned money!!!
 30th of May, 2010 by   brian chance 0 Votes
I HAVE A ZFORCE 48 INCH FAB DECK. IT SAYS THAT IT SHOULD CUT FROM 1" TO 4" I HAVE LOWERED IT ALL THE WAY DOWN AND IT WILL NOT CUT LOWER THAN PRBOBALY 2" does anyone have an answer
 30th of May, 2010 by   brian chance 0 Votes
just want it to do what i paid for it to do
 29th of Apr, 2011 by   Division 0 Votes
I'm not sure what model year you all have had, but I do know some of the older tank models had major design flaws.

I am a professional tester for MTD. They supply my lawn care company with a full outfit of mowers and other equipment. With over 8 years in the business, having riden all the major brands; I can most definately say next years Tank MKH54" will be something to look at. I just received the new prototype and it's great!

The engineers have replaced the hydro motors. No more wheel and pump design. They are replacing the Parker pk12's with a new integrated pump.

The new overall design is much more aesthetically pleasing.

The brand new SCS deck has a few configurations for different conditions.

My Tank has a 27hp Kohler, it has some pep. This is a larger engine than stock. May be a permanent fixture. I'd prefer to see a Kawasaki.

Hopefully this will renew your faith in an innovative company!
 6th of Jun, 2011 by   NO MORE CUB MAN 0 Votes
got you all beat!!! I have a cub cadet M72 with both hydrostats going out with only 250 hours. JUNK, since MTD took over these things have become the bic lighters of lawn mowers, , NO MORE CUBS for me. I have owned 22 cub mowers. In 40 years of being a Cub owner.. NO MORE CUBS !! GoOD BYE
 18th of Jun, 2011 by   Cub User 0 Votes
I have a Cub Zforce 60 Zero turn and It mows and runs flawlessly I have had it since 2007 and never a problem. Sits all winter in an unheated barn and put fresh gas and it has always started right up.

I also have a CUB GT2554. This is the shaft drive version. It is 5 years old sits right beside the Zforce in an unheated barn. I just replaced the battery on the GT2554 . The only thing I have had to replace on either of them.
Charlie
 28th of Jul, 2011 by   2bad 0 Votes
I have a '08 M60 Tank and it has been very disappointing. Here is how to fix the discharge. First, right at the discharge is a bar at the bottom that runs from back to front of the deck. I assume it is there for strength but it just gets in the way. I unbolted it and the chute and no more clumps! The clippings would just collect into the corner and eventually just fall off leaving big clumps in my yard. Another thing to check is the grass deflector in about the same place. It is just a bent piece of thick sheet metal and it starts to bend. When it bends it exposes the flat side of the deck and grass can start collecting too. With that and the bar in the way your destined for clumps. I unbolted the deflector, bent it back straight, then welded round rod onto it to stiffen it. Hasn't bent since. Your only modifying a small bracket that unbolts so don't freak out. Mine has also broke 15 belts at $54 each in less than a year. Haven't been able to fix it (although a deck adjustment could fix it) and I don't care to because I'm trading it off for a Hustler Super Z.
Other problems:
Clutch bolt snapped dropping it and cutting the wires all the way off.
First 2 mins of mowing after buying it new a deck wheel fell off and I cut a massive chunk out of it.
Deck wash doesn't work all that well.
No oil drain hole for the oil filter which makes a mess when changing it.
Touchy steering, can be herky jerky until u get used to it.
Seat safety switch failed after 150hrs, not allowing me to engage the blades.
The machine has the makings of being a great mower but the deck overall let's the whole package down. The new tanks have an all new deck which might be great but I have a bad taste in my mouth for the cub cadets now.
 15th of Sep, 2011 by   snowhank 0 Votes
i have a 60" tank, peer with a 25 hp kawasaki that threw a rod and I'm looking for a motor if anyone has one please call 352 418 one 8 seven 0 thank you hank

EMail Scam Targets Bank Accounts