logo

Wig Salon
They Do Not Stand by their Word
3. (32 mins ago)
Aldi's/PurAqua Purified Water
bottles are thinner then they were
4. (42 mins ago)
monthlyyouth.com
They send only surveys, but not money
5. (51 mins ago)
Rollx Vans
Overcharging

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

CTI - Collectors Training Institute Complaints & Reviews - Use of profanity, unprofessionalism

CTI - Collectors Training Institute Contacts & Informations

CTI - Collectors Training Institute

Posted:    E. S.

Use of profanity, unprofessionalism

An individual by the name of Melvin Davis who is employed by Collectors Training Institute of Illinois, P.O. Box 4783, Chicago Illinois 60683 sent a letter to my residence. I called and attempted to work out a payment plan for the settlement amount. Settlement amount would be paid in two payments within a two week period. They wanted to have payment within two days. Settlement amount was offered by the company itself. Above mentioned individual began calling my residence the next day and using profanity towards my children as they answered the phone (ex. Tell your F*@King father to pay his F&%king bills) and would then hang up. The individual is not smart enough to think about caller ID, first of all. Second, my answering machine picked up the call and I matched the voice to a message he left one minute later on the same telephone! This collection company is being employed by GE MONEY BANK!
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Mar, 2007 by   Crystelle 0 Votes
I totally agree with this Complaint. CTI company was withdrawing money from my checking account once and even twice a month and then all of a sudden my account was sold to another collections agency with out any notice. To make matters worse CTI sold them my account with no payments adjusted to my account. When I called to get a statement of what I have already paid they refused.
 11th of May, 2007 by   K.D 0 Votes
I have paid my account in full with this company and they have yet to send me a letter stating that I have a O balance. I called 4 times and they said they would be sending one and they haven't. I paid the account off two months ago.
 15th of Oct, 2007 by   F.B. 0 Votes
I had CTI calling and harassing me all the time. They would call my work after I told them not to; call my cell phone at 3:11, 3:13, 3:17, 3:20 and so on. I even offered to pay $100.00/month, but they turned this down telling me it was not enough!!! I even asked them if I mailed in a payment what would happen. Their response "we will send it right back because it's not enough".
Their 'customer service reps' are not too smart at all leaving harassing messages/threats. I was smart enough to get an attorney & actually sued CTI!!! We settled out of court for an undisclosed amount; but during this time I found out that CTI hires FELONS as they believe in giving people a 2nd chance. Too bad that 2nd chance they took cost them some big $$$; and it was all from ONE voicemail that was left on my cell phone. My suggestions: RECORD ALL PHONE CONVERSATIONS because eventually they WILL slip up (give them a couple months) and you will have enough evidence of their rude & ridiculous behavior to sue them. Get an attorney that specializes in 'Debt Collection' and trust me you will have a case!!!

I personally don’t believe in suing people, but you can only take so much from these people... I didn’t care how much I won; my comfort came from knowing that CTI had to pay attorney fees and any other fees associated with my lawsuit—they hurt me emotionally, therefore in the end, I hurt them financially!!!
 5th of May, 2008 by   John OBrien 0 Votes
I had cti contact me at work and asked them not to, I would pay a bill they claimed that I owed but that I was disputing the amount, I was told that they had already spoken with our HR Dept and that they would be garnishing my check immediately if I didnt pay up, I asked them not to call my work again but again they called me telling me that they were representing the US Dept of Education and as thier formal representative they were acting on thier behalf. again I asked for an itemized bill but was told that was not possible at this point, I am told that my student loans of 16, 450.00 dollars had blossomed to a neat $79, 829.60 and that I was a dead beat and I would be going through this until I payed up
 26th of Jun, 2008 by   mona bolton 0 Votes
I have been receiving rude and threating messages saying my account is in final review, when in actuality i asked to received a letter of debt and they have not sent it. They have been calling me at 7am in the morning and calling me at work. i asked them to stop calling me at work and i will not speak to them until i receive this letter. They are still calling my work and left 3 voice mails at 7am on my phone. When i told them to stop calling at 7am, 2 of the reps laughed at me and said they can call anything they way. i asked to speak with a supervisor they stated they are the supervisor and there is noone left to talk to. is the a possible lawsuit?
 18th of Mar, 2009 by   LJC 0 Votes
I HAD A SIMILIAR EXPERIENCE W/ THIS COMPANY. THEY CALLED MY HOME ASKING FOR SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T LIVE THERE. THESE PEOPLE HAD THE SAME LAST NAME AS MY FAMILY. WHEN I CALLED BACK TO LET THEM KNOW THEY WERE ASKING FOR SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T LIVE AT MY ADDRESS AND I WONDERED HOW THEY GOT MY NUMBER. THE WOMAN RUDELY TOLD ME TO "TALK TO MY HUSBAND I DON'T GIVE OUT 3RD PARTY INFORMATION". I TRIED TO REPEATLY TELL HER THAT MY HUSBAND HAD NOTHING TO DO W/ THIS CLAIM/COMPANY WE DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT W/ THEM SHE HUNG UP ON ME. I CALLED BACK TO TALK TO HER MANAGER AND KEPT GETTING VOICE MAIL. I FINALLY LEFT A MSG FOR THE MANAGER AND ASKED FOR A RETURN CALL. A DAY PASSED NO PHONE CALL I CALLED BACKTHE NEXT DAY AND GOT THE MANAGER. I EXPLAINED TO HER THAT THEY HAD THE WRONG PEOPLE AND HOW DID THEY GET OUR NAME AND PHONE NUMBER BECAUSE OUR CREDIT HAD BEEN COMPROMISED IN THE PAST AND I WAS WORRIED THAT IT WAS HAPPENING AGAIN. SHE TRIED TO SAY WE WERE GIVEN AS A REFERENCE. WHAT WAS SCAREY IS SHE HAD OUR HOME ADDRESS AS WELL. I TOLD HER I DON'T KNOW THE PEOPLE THEY WERE CALLING ABOUT AND PLEASE TAKE MY HUSBANDS NAME/ADDRESS/PHONE NUMBER OFF THE ACCOUNT SHE PROCEEDED TO DO SO AND I ALSO COMPLAINED ABOUT THE CUSTOMER REP THAT I HAD SPOKEN TO A DAY EARLIER AND INSTEAD OF APOLOGIZING FOR HER BEHAVIOR ON THE PHONE SHE JUST SAY "WE'LL WE ARE A COLLECTION AGENCY" AS IF THAT IS JUSTIFIABLE TO BE RUDE. I SAID I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE SHE WOULD NOT LISTEN TO ME AS I TRIED TO TELL HER SHE HAD THE WRONG PEOPLE AND I SUGGESTED THEY NEED TO TRAIN THEIR PEOPLE TO WORK IN A MORE PROFESSIONAL MANNER. THE MANAGER TRIED TO GET AS RUDE AS THE CUSTOMER REP. NOW I AM LEARY ABOUT HOW THEY GOT MY INFORMATION AND WONDERING IF THEY WERE TRYING TO GET INFO OUT OF ME TO RUIN OUR CREDIT.
 23rd of May, 2009 by   CTI Debt COllector 0 Votes
These comments are referring to two different companies by the same name, look it up and you will see. I work for one and I know what kind of debt they collect on.
 8th of Oct, 2009 by   ma1rzee 0 Votes
does anyone have a phone number that these people are calling from. I have a CTI calling me, even after I said not to, they even contacted my x stepson's inlaws that I don't even know, they don't even have the same last name, I have no clue how they associated these people with me.
 10th of Nov, 2009 by   brianW 0 Votes
I am recieving calls at work and home from these idiots as well. I guess they thought I would be embarressed if my employer found out. I simply told my boss that a couple of middle eastern sounding fellows got my information (most probably from my old crashed computer) and figured that I'd pony up $300 to avoid embarressment. Can't wait for them to actually get ahold of my boss, he has been a victim of identity theft himself, so good luck CTI, I guess you won't be getting a dime from me!
 25th of Mar, 2010 by   totally over them 0 Votes
I totally agree that this company and their representatives are out of control. I am a human resource manager for a large employer. They have called us several times and have been told several times that we do not take personal calls or collection calls on any employee. I have asked them to remove our company phone number from their file. They just keep calling. They represent that it is a Federal garnishment. They represented that if I didn't give them the information they want, that I would be liable for the debt. I have told them to send me a copy of any court ordered garnishment they have and we will comply with the garnishment notice; and if they don't have one, that I will not talk to them. I have many employees that have garnishments for various reasons and none of them are ever handled the way this company is playing. I have informed them not to call me again; to call our corporate attorney. They misstate the facts, misrepresent themselves, are rude and ignore the collection laws. If they call me again, we will proceed with filing a complaint against them with the State Attorney General's office and have our corporate attorney proceed with having formal charges filed against them.
 7th of Apr, 2010 by   FEDUP with CTI 0 Votes
CTI has been calling me at work and my cell threatening to file criminal charges. I am not an idiot and explained to them that I was well aware of my rights and a debt is not means for criminal prosecution. I asked that they send me validation of the debt, and I would get back to them as soon as I knew what they were talking about. They were rude, obscene and abusive. Once I told them this, the "gentleman" said, "Go to hell!" and hung up the phone. Great business practices, huh?

Do It Yourself Car Diagnosis