logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
2. (18 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Terrible experience

Crst
crst.com
Had written a long sour grapes complaint, but was wiped out. Driving for these pig farmers for 13 years, I let them rip me off, lie about me, refuse to get me home on time and endanger my safety. Safety used to run the company, but now it's corn farmers, dumb blondes and family.

It really goes on and on how, they've changed. Driving with two mental retards with autism (couldn't see and hear at the same time), I was given drunken lead drivers and crack smokers in the truck. They had two codrivers with mongolism-one black and one white with the big heads and the crossed eyes.

If they can pass the tests, they have to be hired.

I had just gotten my six year pin and was cited for professionalism and punctuality, when they put relays' lateness on our record. They tried twice to run us with illegal equipment and log violations. All bad reports are understated and good ones are company shills... 1200%turnover rate? That means each member of their entire driver payroll is hired and gone within one month as an average.

Comments United States Movement & Delivery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Feb, 2009 by   chicago +1 Votes
yup crst is a crappy company ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever, those rednecks treat me like shit (slave) im almost done with my contract which is 6 days to go, and they told me to go home to get my hazmat, and then once i get out from the truck they just terminated me for no reason. unbelievable right? all i can say to new student is, before u sign a contract read it carefully and think wise, dont just jump to this recist company (CRST) or else they will mess up evrything u own TRUST me!!!
 12th of Mar, 2009 by   SERGEI +1 Votes
YES CRST IS SUCKS!!! SHITTTY COPMANY EVER. BEEN WITH THEM FOR 8 MONTHS. EVERY TIME I HAVE BEEN ON THE ROAD SOMETHING HAPPENS. DISPATCHERS DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOU. BEEN SITTING SO MUCH TIME AND THEY GIVE YOU A HARD TIME WITH LAYOVER PAY. OUR TRUCK BEEN BROKED DOWN FOR 5 DAYS. WE ASKED MONEY FOR HOTEL AND THEY GIVE US AN ADVANCES. SO WE HAD TO PAY FOR THE ROOM, UNBELIEVABEL. ALSO THEY DONT CARE ABOUT IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE OR NOT. THEY GETTING NEW STUDENT EVERY WEEK. ONCE WE WENT HOME WITH MY CO-DRIVER FOR A HOME TIME FOR 5 DAYS. DISPATCHER GIVE THE TRUCK AWAY TO A DIFFRENT TEAM AFTER 3 DAYS WE WERE GONE. AND THEN WE HAD TO GO FOR A RIDE TO GET ANOTHER ONE IN OK. STUPID COMPANY, NOBADY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOU. BEFORE YOU GO THINK ONE MORE TIME.
 11th of Apr, 2009 by   krmckw 0 Votes
my fiance joined crst in january 09 did the training passed every test with flyin colors..febuary was giving a lead driver for 28 days within thous 28 days he was let in a walmart parking lot for an entire weekend because the lead driver wanted to visit his family and my fiance wasnt welcomed nor givin heads up of this detour. after his 28 days he did his home time after 13 days getting his team together. they left the 1st week the truck broke down; the sad part is someone abandone d the truck that crst to them too start driving with. a few days later the truck broke down again the machinic fixed the same thing again. Now if the same thing gets prepared and the truck keeps breakin down i have the common sense that, that is not the problem, , duh!!! so the whole 1st month the truck less than 5000 miles not even 2000 miles with weekend lay overs all the time maybe at total of 8 trips. he's made no money less than two hundred. he's suppose to be on sunday but probably wont get her until thursday/friday...sooo the whole time he's been out he has no made any money (.22 per mile) truck not properly fixed about 5x which is (unsafe), more weekend layover than trucking, sooo when he comes home he will not be returning to crst. he can make more money in a day than he made in a money with the company.
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   justputtingthisherecuzitsnottaken 0 Votes
an honest viewpiont, me and my girlfreind left our companies, me with melton truck lines, and she was with crete, because we wanted to be together.. we were used to people respecting us and being treated like humans... none of that here..!! they gave us a long couple of loads that were rush rush rush.. but, after awhile, we needed a shower, but we were preplanned and our dispatcher actuly started studdering he was so flustered when i called him and told him i dont care how late the load is, im going to take a shower and sit down and eat a real meal.. it had been five days, and they had the loads so tight, that we only had time to fuel and switch drivers... then because we stood up for ourselfs, we got short loads... 300 miles here and 400 mile there. everything above is pretty true and accurate, but theres no way i would start at only 22 cpm! i started with PAM transport making 28 cpm.. still didnt make anything but i ate.. after a year, you can go somewhere making 38 cpm.. (Melton) or crete. but fyi, , make sure if you quit, its after a CALENDER year.. that means trucking companies DO NOT count half months.. pam laid me off on the 17 of jan on my 7 month. they didnt count the 17 days, so i only had six months.. thats pretty common with trucking but it kinda sucked when i thought i had over a year, and then "they" said i only had 11 months..
 28th of Sep, 2009 by   extrucker 0 Votes
CRST are a bunch of crooks. The people at the training center actually stole my mail. I had a letter sent to me for the road from my wife which had money (cash... I know, my first mistake) and when I asked Brian to send it back because it did not get there before I left he said ok. after a week I called and my letter was right there on there desk when I called. I told them how important it was to send back to me but when I caled back it was gone and that was about 3 weeks ago and no one seems to know anything and Brian doesn't want to return his calls...asshole. not to mention there dispatcher "Roy" is a fag. What clueless piece of donkey dung.
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   extrucker 0 Votes
4 days ago I posted about the training center keeping my mail. I just got a call from them letting me know they have my letter and will be sending it back to me, so I thank them for clearing that up, so Brian is not an asshole but I still think Roy is a fag though.
 23rd of Jan, 2010 by   MzsWatson 0 Votes
I can say, that both sides have an arguement hear. Though the reason that I am on the side of the people who were students of this school CRST.

Is because I am shocked that, this is still happening. Now you may ask why I am shocked it's still happening is because I attended a truck driving school 23 years ago, yes you read that right twenty three years ago. I went to a school called Superior Training Services, they had a office here in Michigan.

I went in and spoke to the recruiter, who assured me that I would be trained well, how much I would make and even showed me a letter from a company who hired 90% of the drivers, from this school. Of course I was impressed.

I was told that I would do a correspondence with my classes, then I would go to Indiana, where I would receive my OTR( Over the road) training. I didn't have a problem with that. Since I was a young single mother, who desperately, want to work, driving and being on the road, didn't bother me. I sat down with my mother, who agreed to take care of my son, while I drove.

Well I had started a job, since I had my Chauffeur's License class 3 I believe, since a CDL didn't exist at the time.
This job required long hours of driving, which I knew would help prepare me some for trucking. I took the job, though I knew that I had to finish schooling.

Well working the long hours that I did. I missed sending in one correspondence course. Then I had to start all over from the beginning. To make matters worse. I had to take out another student loan and pell grant. Well I figured ok that shouldn't be a problem, since when I get out of school. I still had nine months to pay back the loan.

Instead of going to Indiana. I opted to go out to Rialto California, since I did have some family there. Though the family I had in California was over one hundred miles away from the school. So I stayed in a hotel. To train the class was suppose to be three weeks, though I had a problem with backing up the truck. I ended up staying for two months. Thank God I had family and friends who helped me to stay longer. I did have wonderful teachers, they were thorough in their training, though they didn't train any of us long enough.

Well I graduated and then the school, kept in contact with me and I went to every job interview, that I was sent on and followed up every offer that was made. All to no avail, what the school as failed to tell me, was that I was suppose to be 23 years old and I was only 21 years old when I took the training. I asked several of the employers, if I could at least ride with someone and get some experience. The answer was no, it was because the insurance companies wouldn't insure them, if they took someone under age.

Then two months after I graduated the job line, only had an answering service. Well I kept trying to get with other companies. Well J.B. Hunt said sure we will hire you though you have to go through another nine months of training and you must pay us $1200.00 dollars up front. I told them that I had just trained and had a loan and I didn't have that kind of money.

Then I get a call from the F.B.I a year later, saying that they wanted to talk with me about Superior Training Services. Well I said sure, any information you need I will be willing to tell you what I know.
The lady from the F.B.I. that came out to interview me said that, first I and others who had been going to this school didn't have enough training, and those that did get a job was later fired. We all were suppose to get at least nine months of training and then at least three months more OTR(Over the Road) training. I told the agent my whole dilemma and she asked if I would be willing to testify and I said yes. Well nobody ever got back in touch with me and I still had to pay back most of my loan. Once I explained this nearly ten years later to Stafford loan, then they help me to reduce my loan, though I still had to pay $1500.00 of the $4000.00 in loans. Also here's the website, that shows the school was closed.
http://www.nasfaa.org/publications/1998/97-g-300.html Superior Training Services was closed in 1989. If you look under the list of closures, it's number 8 on the list. Also on truckinfo.net under truck driving school, you will see that others got screwed by Superior. At the time the internet wasn't popular as it is now. Though I do hope that this helps some other people. The person who helped to close the crooked school, that I attended had a lawsuit against them, that's the only way to close these bogus companies.

Also I applaud all truckers because I know their job is very hard. Though I am asking those that have made it to try their best to make it a better industry by sticking together and getting some of these really bad companies, out of the industry. I know it's not easy, though neither was the unions when they first got started.

For those that didn't make it keep speaking out, talk to someone report it to the government, as well as a website called ripoff.com they closed one school and I am sure they will close other bad apples, though if nobody says anything, then it goes on and on. I didn't mean to be long winded here, though I hate that this is still happening now. It's changed just a little since they claim they will pay you now, by telling you that you get to go over the road.
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   PappaFrank 0 Votes
I am trying to get information about these people at superior. I am trying to get back into school and out of know where, i get a bad report on my FAFSA explaining that I owe money on a loan that was bankrupt on. I need to clear this up before I can get back into school. Please help with any infoprmation you have. Thank you.
 4th of Jun, 2010 by   Lady Rider 0 Votes
I agree. CRST treats their drivers like something that you would wipe off of your shoes when you go inside. I have worked at a prison and was treated better than with CRST. They don't care about their drivers. You are just a number in a truck that makes them pencil pushing peices of dung a paycheck.
 17th of Jul, 2010 by   combatzone07@yahoo.com 0 Votes
i geuss crst is a bad company to work for im trying to get them to pay for my schooling here in cali.anyone has anything good to say about them?if they r this bad how r they still a company in bizness

23rd of Jul, 2010 by   carl sprouse 0 Votes
i have no idea what everyone else is getting for miles or who their dispatcher is but i disagree about the company. i have been with the company for 11 months with 2yrs prior experience with dick simon and pride and never had a prob with crst. i went through ads in cali which crst put me through, went 24 days with a trainer and then had 20 days at home before i went on the road with a team mate. we ran hard, always getting to pu and del early, never complained, and never turned down any loads and we ended up running 6000 miles a week. i am now a trainer for crst and i get about 2000 miles the first week but then we get anywhere from 4000 to 6000 miles a wk. my dispatcher is Loren and he has always stepped out on a limb for me.. hegets me home when i need it and if i need to stop for showers or meals, i just let hime know and he works with me. It all really reflects on your attitude and dedication to the company. every company has its bad sides and problems.
 1st of Aug, 2010 by   combatzone07@yahoo.com 0 Votes
yeah i heard that they only run teams i want to b solo.uhmm and at 22cents split(thats 11 cpm) i cant feed my family and pay bills with that, so i decided to pay school in cash but im going with central refrigerated.any word about them.i suppose to start their school on the 9th.

7th of Aug, 2010 by   combatzone07@yahoo.com 0 Votes
i was wrng i tlk to their recuiter and its 22 cpm for me and the trainer get wat he makes, but still their teams i dnt think i could do that for however long im going to b with them.so im going witt central they pay 28cpm after you graduate school, like 450 a wk i could survive on that send my wife enough to pay tha bills the rest on food.thm=nks for all the imput ill keep in touch to let you know hw central realli is i aint cover-coatin crap ill tell u straight up
 8th of Aug, 2010 by   combatzone07@yahoo.com 0 Votes
leavin for central trucking academy in riverside, ca today.im nervous but im ready to get on the road.ill keep in touch to let u guys know hw itz going.2.5 wks an then 28 dys with a trainer.450 a week ill live military pays lesser tha that, lol an have to deal with mre bs.

24th of Aug, 2010 by   combatzone07@yahoo.com 0 Votes
any one has input on prime trucking in springfeild moissouri
 28th of Aug, 2010 by   combatzone07@yahoo.com 0 Votes
going with prime inc trucking in springfeild, mo today.kinda scared going to another state not knowing no 1 im from ca.itz all hands on after you pass the 3 day orientation part.i have my permit already so ill b sittn in my hotel room while the 1z that dont study.yeah all hands on 100 hrs on the with your instructor, no 3 day classroom, 1 day airbrakes an pre-trip, n0 2 hr dsriving time.100 hrs straight u cant beat that for training.im leaving today to get there on time on mon.2 dys on greyhound aint my cup of tea but gotta to it to bring in some income
 1st of Jan, 2011 by   combatzone07@yahoo.com 0 Votes
well i went with crst...went to orientation..waited for a week no trainer..so i went to werner 2 dy orientation, got into a trck mon 12-06-10..excellent trainer by the way(robert hattey)was in oregan on 12-27-10... hit blk-ice on i-80 wstbnd, mm#326 did a 180 degreez hit middle median, messed up our pete 387..so now they got me on suspension, dnt understnd it but im waitin to c wat happens..hope i dont get fired ovr road an weathr conditions,
 30th of Mar, 2011 by   legalresearcher 0 Votes
I have been researching the named companies, all of you have written about in the aboved comments. It is amazing how little people prepare and research companies backgrounds, I have sit at this PC for hours reading comment after comment about CRST...I have researched other websites concerning the complaints and legal suites filed against CRST, the investigations and the involvemant with the F.B.I. for crimes against CRST filed by employees of CRST concerning/ via sexual miscoduct to contract disputes and questionable safety of maintance of trucks. I have read too many comments concerning drivers welfare and the lack of concern of their well-being, , by this large company that extorts hard working men and women, that suffer from low pay (If, any pay) the abandonedment of trainee's by traineers, lack of sleep, or lack of miles and even hunger, male on male sexual harassment and misconduct and threatment of female trainee's by their trainer's via sexual harassment.

The simple fact of knowledge and being well informed, about who you work for, should be taken in account before, signing with any company. Never, sign a contract that you do not understand or you feel pressured into...NO one own's you for eight month's and no company has a right to treat you inhumane or, threaten you verbally or your person, be you a student or, employee...this is without a doubt a common practice of CRST mangement.

CRST mission seems too be, to cause grief and strife for men and women that willingly and hopefully, acquiring gainful employment with the belief, CRST will be a company that will honestly pay the worker the worth, of work given in mileage and personal time, away from home. I have never been so utterly, disgusted with the lack of fair treatment from employer to employee.

I strongly suggest that all, that consider CRST read the websites of complaints and fraud claims against them, being well read and knowledgable about the company is being well-armed. I regret that so many drivers have too go through such heartache, when trying to earn a living...However, from what I have read, these drivers that are moving frieght for this company are suffering from mislead, misguided, promise's from smooth talking recuiter's.

Read all you can on each company before, signing any paperwork, call for legal advice on breaking contracts and be prepared for CRST to slap a legal suite against you...if, you are not well informed of your legal rights...I have read websites that state CRST has filed claims against drivers that abandon trucks, and filed thief of property...If, you are thinking about leaving CRST...have your legal proof of release of truck to said yard, have your gear together and ready to go...take pictures, note the time, the day, and whom you left the truck with, have a letter of recieved form of reciept that the truck was left of the yard. If, you can use a photocam and record your actions and theirs...
If. you are wondering how to do this, simply have your letter/return reciept on clean paper state as follows:
Truck# and trailer#
Date/Time/ name of yard/Town/State
condiction of truck as recieved by you/and left by you
Signature of maintance employee whom, you will leave the truck keys with
Note: Take pictures of inside and out of truck and trailer prior to leaving the truck
Keep this information in a safe file!

Remember, if you are looking for a way out...prepare before leaving, have a job acquire...from what I have researched, CRST will not give a flag waving review of your driving. Doesn't matter if you are a twenty plus year vet OTR, with good safety records prior, seems the hounds of hell are a live and well at CRST.
 25th of May, 2011 by   ELLENDOWNING 0 Votes
HI I AM FROM OHIO WAS EXCITED ABOUT WORKING FOR CRST THEY SAID THEY WOULD PAY FOR ME TO GET MY CDL CLASS A I HAD HIGH HOPES QUIT MY JOB AND HEADED FOR IOWA WELL IT WAS THE WORSE WENT TO KIRKWOOD FOR SCHOOL SPENT 9 HOURS TOTAL BEHIND THE WHEEL ONE DAY SPENT ON SKILLS AND THE INSTUCTORS WERE SO OVERWORKED THAT THEY WERE SNAPPING AT THE STUDENTS. 9 HOURS BEHIND THE WHEEL DOES NOT MAKE A TRUCK DRIVER I DID NOT FEEL THAT I DESERVED TO BE GIVEN A CDL A THEY TELL YOU YOU HAVE 3 WEEKS OF SCHOOL NO YOU DON'T YOU HAVE 5 DAYS BEHIND THE WHEEL WITH TWO OTHER STUDENTS IN THE TRUCK AS LONG AS YOU GET INTO 6TH GEAR THEY TAKE YOU ON THE ROAD NOT JUST BACK ROADS EITHER CITY DRIVING HIGHWAY DRIVING AND ON AND ON REAL SAFE YA THINK ONE OF THE INSTRUCTORS AT KIRKWOOD FEEL ASLEEP WITH THE STUDENT IN THE TRUCK AND THEY ENDED UP ABOUT 50 MILES FROM CHICAGO. THEY SENT THE STUDENT HOME AND KEPT THE INSTRUCTOR WOW
 27th of Jul, 2011 by   combatzone07@yahoo.com 0 Votes
i didnt go with crst.went home for thnkxzgiving an sat for almost 2 weeks, , they kept sayn that there were no trainers yet, i have a family so i went with werner enterprises, bad choice, my trainer bob hattey(great guy great trainer)i was his second student..yeah we sat at their dallas terminal 3 times for 2 are more days.it sucked but thats not the worst part got in a slide-off(hit blk-ice) in oreagon, didnt get terminated got sent home they wanted me to come bck an work still on light duty until my physical therapy was over found out it would take bout 2 months r so for my shoulder to heal..then geuss wat i got terminated.i was not cited charged points taken off(nuttin towards my driving record)but they did put it on my dac.found out through research thatz wat werner does.well does any1 know about ffe trucking services?

Secret Shopper Check Fraud