Cross Country Home Services

4.8
cross country home services
Watauga, Texas
Phone: 817-514-8015
Its been almost 3 weeks since my ac went out. They are giving me a run around on when they are mailing my claim credit check which is in the amount of 1258.06 I have to pay 1737.00 dollars of the cost to replace my ac. Please search the keywords Cross Country home warranty reviews and read so far there are 183 complaints against this company. They tried to tell me I needed a new cement pad and that the cost was 150.00 dollars and 85 dollars to level it. 300.00 dollars to haul off the old unit. I have been lied to and I told him I wanted to see a signed contract by me saying that i knew that this stuff wasn't covered. I asked him for a copy of the price list so I could look at it. Chris who is in the office of the president of the company said it would take 2-3 days to fax this to me because he had to give it to the distribution department because they were in charge of faxing all documents. Have not got either one. 3 weeks in Texas heat with my family. Staying in hotel and my mothers house 3 weeks and still no ac. Chris called me back and said he needed an actual proposel to process my check this was Tuesday 1 said if I could get him this by that afternoon then he could mail the check out on friday. I called today friday and all they could tell me was that they received the documents. and it could take another 2-4 weeks to get my check. I have my part I need their part to get my ac fixed.
Complaint comments Comments (6) Complaint country United States Complaint category Home Insurance / Warranty

Comments

7th of Apr, 2010 by    -1 Votes
My AC just went out and the Cross Country warranty is useless. They have used delaying tactics and their "policy prcedures". Net, net it will taek three weeks to ge the AC fixed. My house is 90 degrees. DO NOT BUY THIS INSURANCE.
 19th of Jan, 2011 by    -3 Votes
To the first comment - if they did fix it how much did you not have to pay from the warranty? I have this and yest there are sometimes some fees associated with the warranty but it still has saved me a ton on the full cost. Also - I read the warranty before I bought it so I knew what I was getting. If you work in contract sales as I do with cellular - I find most customer never read what they are signing up for.
 9th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
Do you have any idea of how many complaints are on the internet against your company? Consider yourself to have lost one more customer. I pray that God will speedily crash your company unless you choose to make good all the faulty service you have given your clients and all the lies you seem to have told them. How can you sleep at night knowing you have cheated and carelessly serviced people's complaints. God punishes the wicked and bring them down to their end. The bible says, "Evil doers shall be soon cut off." My mom is 82 and you need to make good your warranty and fix her system. She needs a new thermostat; the one that was installed is no longer working properly. How inefficient can a service man be to NOT check the thermostat? How brilliant is that? I don't intend to pay another dime for anything. Her money is already stolen which means you get nothing for giving your money away; this is what she got. How can you have the heart to do that to any one ever! You need Jesus; He doesn't treat people that way.
 3rd of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes

Cross Country Home Services - AC Unit
Cross Country Home Services
853 Springfield Ct
Ridgeland
Mississippi

I have placed three service calls to Cross Country for my AC unit over the last three months! They have a lack of regard for their customers and no sense of urgency about any situation. They had the audacity to check the weather for my area when I asked if they have an emergency dispatch repair person for the weekend. I work hard to come home to house which temperature measures higher than the outside temp. This is absolutely ludicrous. Once my AC unit is repaired, I'm jumping ship. This company disgusts me with their laziness and lack of empathy for the people who keep them in operation. Of one is looking for a home warranty company, keep looking Cross Country doesn't care about their customers, they'll get the most worthless repair man whose probably not even licensed and bonded, and they'll sit back and know their customers are suffering in hot homes with no compensation!

Disgusted,

Keisha
 3rd of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
Hi Keisha, we are sorry to hear that the experience with your air conditioning claims was not a pleasant one. Our aim is to provide excellent service, and we regret that we did not meet your expectations. We are also sorry to know that it was through this medium that the issues we were brought to our attention, but happy to know that it has been resolved. We will use this experience to help to improve our services so we can make the claim experience better for our customers.
 17th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
I have been paying my $40/mo for YEARS now. In the last three years I have had 7 (that's right SEVEN) service calls on my AC unit at $75 a pop. The contractors started out as "Good" in the first few years (when it was Total Protection) but their quality quickly declined over time after they became CCHS. One even left the outdoor unit with wires and wire nuts hanging on the outside of the unit just outside of the fan blade. When informed of the improper work CCHS offered to send me someone else to give my next $75 to (hahahaha). When returning from a funeral a two weeks ago I had a basement full of water. Since the first call to report this incident, we have spent 24 full hours on the phone trying to get SOMEone to provide actual customer service. They initially quoted us a 3 week waiting period before a contractor could come, we had to push to get an emergency visit. It should have been offered rather than us having to demand it. Then they called asking us to stay home on Friday night so that the contractor could come by around 8pm. At 945pm when the contractor still hadn't shown up they said the call was "cancelled" by us. (hahahaha AGAIN). He did show up on Saturday and said he couldn't get parts on the weekend. By Tuesday (after no response from either CCHS or the contractor) we called again to be told that the claim was denied due to "mproper installation".The problem with this logic is that 1) either the previous 6 contractors, the gas company, and the city inspector had all overlooked "improper installation" or 2) the 7th contractor was full of it. In any case, we tried to file an appeal. In 5 (more than an hour per) calls, we finally got someone who could handle the appeal. This person said too bad, it wasn't a mechanical part that was broken, it was a drain pan. The contractor told us and put in his report that the coil was overheating and melted the drain pan. So they won't replace the pan even though the coil is the issue. They won't replace the coil because the drain pain is whats broken now and they don't cover that.
While i would have recommended Total Protection, i am warning the world to avoid CCHS at ALL COSTS - this is no deal, it is THEFT!! There is no way to file an emergency claim online. There is no way to file an appeal online. There is no end to being "put on hold due to high call volumes', but when you look at the online reviews you see why - they are screwing everyone and when someone calls and stays on the phone for hours waiting for help, CCHS call honestly claim "high call volumes". Maybe they should instead focus on being reputable. Caveat Emptor I suppose, at least until enough of us get together on AC claims for a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

Contact Us