logo

AMI Energy Solutions
Fraud/Scam
4. (46 mins ago)
Walden University
cost, lack of response, grievance filed without so much as an acknowledgment...the list goes on!
5. (53 mins ago)
Freelotto
NO PAYMENT

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Crescent Bank and Trust, New Orleans, LA 70160, Florida Complaints & Reviews - car loan

Crescent Bank and Trust Contacts & Informations

P.O. Box 60048
New Orleans, LA 70160, Florida
Phone: 866-208-8288
cbtno.com
The people who at Crescent Bank and Trust are rude and are quick to take your car away for one month behind. They are unprofessional and called all my family members and harassed them and asked them to make a payment on the car. Even went as far as to imply they were responsible for the loan. They gave them all the details of my loan and personal information even when they had not asked for it. This has to be against the law. If there is anyone else out there who has had the same incident we need to file a class action lawsuit against them for harassment They gave my family members my SS#.
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Jun, 2009 by   bayouboy 0 Votes
wow I thought I was the only one going through this. that is exactly what they did to me!! they are very unprofessional. they always call the people on my contact list and let them know my business instead of asking if there was a way to get in touch with my "the actual person paying the note". they told me that they never had my phone number. Why would i buy a car and not put my contact number down?! my sister called me one time when i was behind and told me that they said they was coming to get the car because i was one month behind. these people are terrible!!!
 19th of Jun, 2009 by   cselinsky 0 Votes
I would love to file a suit against them. I asked for 10 pay out it includes all interest that I would pay if I kept the loan, I believe this is illegal. Please contact me c_selinsky@yahoo.com
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   jenniferlee 0 Votes
You guys are crazy. I haven't had any issues with them. They don't harass your family members if you answer your phone and talk to them. They also don't take your car away after only missing 1 payment. Be responsible, and honor your committ. Pay your bills and stop blaming your lack of responsibility on the bank that gave you a car loan. Obviously you didn't deserve 1 since you can't even maintain the payments. Good luck and pay your bills on time.
 30th of Jul, 2009 by    Louise 0 Votes
They told me the same thing when I was one payment behind, that they were going to take my car and the lady was very rude indeed. Maybe I didn't need the loan, at least not from this bank. We all come into a problem here and there, but some people should be a little understanding of why you are one payment behind late and still work with you upon getting the future payments on time. I hope these rude bankers still be blessed. They are only doing there job. We all are not perfect and that includes them.
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   sja2009 0 Votes
My husband who is a active duty service member and I have been repeatedly harrassed by this bank. After being only one month behind the bank called a repo company to pick up our car. Luckly the repo called us first and refused to pick up the car. We have recently filed a complaint through the BBB against the bank.
 6th of Nov, 2009 by   Ugh Crescent +1 Votes
I purchased my vehicle in 2007 and at the beginning of 2008 my Rep whom I had been in communication with was gone so they placed someone else over my account-well that's when the harrassment began. My payment was due on the 18th and they would call on the 18th like early in the morning harrassing me stating that I was a month late. This continued until I got really stressed and sick over these people. They are the WORST OF THE WORST!! You couldn't pay for Worse! Last month just in (1) day alone I received 15 phone calls from Patricia Harrell. Then came the letters. I contacted my attorney and filed a suit for Harrassment. Can you believe she actually called and asked to speak to my Manager?!@ on my job?!! Are you serious? Now they decided to repo the car, the same day that they sent the repo truck out they called me. What is that about? I'm like he's going to get it anyway, so why at this very second? just because. This bank should go down to pitts of the very worst bank ever in the United States and should be banned for operation. I know there could be some nice poeple that work there, but since 2007 I haven't met or talked to any.
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   24ames 0 Votes
For those having problems with Crescent check this out:

Lawsuit Alleges Assessment of Improper Charges in Conjunction with Automobile Loans
Lawsuit claims that Louisiana-based Crescent Bank & Trust imposes greater fees, penalties, and interest upon its customers in conjunction with their automobile loans than is authorized by the loan agreements.
Atlanta, Ga. (PRWEB) December 30, 2009 -- Atlanta-based law firm Webb, Klase & Lemond, LLC has filed a class action lawsuit against Crescent Bank & Trust ("Crescent") alleging bad faith imposition of unauthorized interest, fees, and penalties on Crescent's automobile loan customers. Crescent has developed relationships with numerous new and used car dealerships across the country whereby Crescent purchases vehicle loans directly from the dealerships. Crescent has focused its auto loan business on sub-prime customers who are often not able to obtain financing through traditional channels. The lawsuit alleges that Crescent routinely ignores the actual terms of its customer loan agreements - which are purchased from dozens of different car dealerships across several states - and instead imposes a one-size-fits-all billing and payment system. The suit contends that this practice results in customers paying higher fees, interest, and penalties than authorized by their loan agreements.

The Plaintiff has brought class action claims for breach of contract, conversion, trespass to personalty, and money had and received. The Plaintiff has also asserted an individual claim for violations of the Georgia Fair Business Practices Act. Based on these claims, the Plaintiff alleges that Crescent is liable for all damages that have resulted from the imposition of improper fees, interest, and penalties on car and truck loan customers.

The case, styled Joseph v. Crescent Bank & Trust, is pending in the Superior Court of Fulton County, Georgia and has been assigned case number 2009-CV-179274. Crescent has not yet answered the case and the discovery process has not yet begun. After a suitable period of discovery, Plaintiff intends to move for certification of the case as a class action on behalf of all similarly situated Crescent customers.

If you wish to discuss this action or have any questions concerning this press release, please contact Matthew C. Klase, Esq. by e-mail at Contact(at)WebbLLC(dot)com or by calling (770) 444-9325. Webb, Klase & Lemond, LLC is a law firm that practices complex litigation with a focus on litigation arising from wrongful deprivations by corporate and government entities. The firm has handled numerous consumer class actions. For further information about Webb, Klase & Lemond please visit the firm's website at www.WebbLLC.com.
 6th of Oct, 2010 by   this company sucks 28 0 Votes
This company is horrible. I total my car and my insurance company sent them a payment. I call to follow up on my gap insurance and they reps are very rude. I called Today on October 6, 2010 at 6:50 and requested to speak with Mrs. Lee the rep that handles the gap insurance and the customer service rep hung up on me. I ask him to transfer me to her voicemail because I was fully aware that it was after business hours for Mrs. Lee. He refused to transfer me to her voice mail and told me to call back tomorrow. when I ask him why is he being so rude he told me because he spoke with me before and he remembers my snotty voice and then hung up on me. I understand that this is a call center but their customer service is horrible. I am a consumer that pays my account faithfully every month and these people treat me like dirt. When they answer the phone, the voice is very aggressive and not welcoming at all. This call center needs to be shut down and get rid of all the unfriendly associates that work there. I will NEVER do this business with this company. I work for a well-known bank myself and there is no way I could speak with my customers the way they do and maintain my job. This call center needs a reality check and a lesson on customer service. I am so disappointed. I have filed several complaints with the BBB of GA and LA.
 12th of Nov, 2010 by   alm2001 +1 Votes
thy fax you a paer saying one thing and then they and tell you something that is different from what they write down.
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   PiercinBluz +1 Votes
I totally get that we should pay what we owe and I have no problem with that. But as it was stated earlier, there are times when we lose our jobs as well as other situations. Saying that, I am behind in my car payment. I made a large payment last week and have been in constant contact with Ms. Jones even a few weeks prior to the payment. She told me that when the 1st payment was made that repossession would be put "on hold". I confirmed this with her the day my payment was made. Ms. Jones stated that she would call the repo company immediately to put it on hold. I spoke with Ms. Jones earlier this evening to inform her that I will be filing my taxes soon and within 2 weeks will be bringing my account up to date. She seemed fine with that. Then at 10:30pm the repo company goes to my mom's house demading the car. The repo guy was nice (per my mom) but his manager threatened to have the cops come there & that would cost 1000's of dollars more. The repo guy told my mom that he knew of a "large payment" but that C.B. still wanted the car back. Is that even legal? Once you make a payment & other payment arrangements to still repo the car even when they say that they wont? Wish I could be part of a Class Action Lawsuit! Maybe I will contact the State of Florida Consumer Affairs tomorrow & see what can be done! I will say this, Ms. Jones has always been very polite & I haven't spoken with anyone that was rude. But they do need to stop giving out personal information to FRIENDS who do NOT know that information!
 16th of Feb, 2011 by   gigirl 0 Votes
I am ready to file a class action lawsuit. I had 2 car payments left; and was not 2 months late, and they repo'd the car; but I got it back. I have yet to receive my title (it's been almost two weeks since this has happened). My email is g_carminati@hotmail.com for inquiries / suggestions / LET'S DO IT.
 16th of Feb, 2011 by   gigirl 0 Votes
OH!! I AM GOING TO call the above law firm who is in process of filing a class action lawsuit. Thank the LORD!! I advise everyone here to do the same! Maybe you will be able to recoup the money they stole from you.
 2nd of Mar, 2011 by   eric woods 0 Votes
@louise you must work for the company because the company is horrible and they will take your car within ten days of being late
 2nd of Mar, 2011 by   eric woods 0 Votes
please e-mail me and we can talk thanks edw_partners@yahoo.com against crescent wacko bank and trust!!!
 11th of Mar, 2011 by   tolly72 0 Votes
Have you guys heard of this new feature called "spoof"? Well one of their female employee must of pull one of my references phone number and when using this feature spoof the caller ID showed that it was my friend and not their number. I stopped taking calls from them before the 15th of every month which is when my payments are dued. There were a couple occasions that I was a few days late but I excepted it and pay the late fee but I thought it was rediculous that they called me within the first week claiming that it was a courtesy called when my due date was the 15th. This happens almost every month, so I simply stop taking calls and their last resort was to use that feature "spoof" which I checked into it and it does says that Collectors or government agency including banks are not allowed to use it for that reason and it is a violation of the Law. I already received a call yesterday which is the 9th at my job asking if my payment will be send in by the 15th. In the past they have threaten me, rude and calling my landlord which I have no clue how they got a hold of his number since hes not one of my reference that I used when I took out the loan for my car. I am really interested to know if by law they could really treat us like this.
 26th of Aug, 2011 by   cjm5786 0 Votes
I am going through hell with these people ! I have never heard one friendly voice on the other end of the phone . They have even sent letters to MY JOB! I dont even know how they got that information. They call and harrass my references and i am now being dragged through court with them ! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! If you are getting a car and are refered to Cresent Bank DONT DO IT! You will regret it in the end!
 28th of Sep, 2011 by   bmxguy 0 Votes
these people are terrible, i understand my credit is not great and thats why they "helped" me. But understanding goes a long way, i was 2 days late and they called my job 9 times. my boss told them i couldnt have calls at work or i would be fired so jason gannon(king douche bag) called trying to sound like a girl and said he was my wife, funny thing i wasnt married yet. the receptionist laughed at him and told him to get a life. i would love to file a class action law suit against them. My friends and family has been harrassed over me being 2 days late numerous times. i apologize if my pay days are a couple days after due date some times. i mean i could send you a check but if it bounces cause i havent gotten paid yet there gonna be even more pissed. they threatened to repo my car after 6 days once. i hope this jason guy never falls on hard times and has to deal with bill collectors, karmas a bitch buddy
 22nd of Jul, 2012 by   Ccheatwod1 0 Votes
I hate this bank. They are always trying to come get my car over a late payment. And I paid 10, 000 down on it and have been paying almost 2 years on it and the balance never changes. I'm about to refinance with my bank. I'm so tired of all the calls from Bryan telling me its late when it's not late.
 15th of Sep, 2012 by   mad woman99 0 Votes
Crescent Bank is an awful bank I mean they picked up my car from the towing place after i payed my payment and when i call them they say we don't have the car I said well the towing place said otherwise and they hung up on me and has not called me since is this not illegal
 26th of Sep, 2012 by   wayne gaudette 0 Votes
They suck! Theives rude hope this bites them in th a.. want to take them to court.called the above att. And the bbb..they need more complaints on file then their attny woll step in.

Top 5 Consumer Complaints