logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Whatever Works
Don't even bother with this company unless you like being frustrated
2. (5 mins ago)
Phone/Internet/Cable TV
Cost
5. (16 mins ago)
The Frog and the Princess/ Wall Sticker Outlet
Product ordered, charged, never received product, no contact from merchant...scammers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

CreditReport.com Complaints & Reviews - Fraud business practices!

CreditReport.com Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Daniel

Fraud business practices!

It goes a little something like this. I ordered a free credit report which I knew came with a trial membership of credit monitoring. Within two days I canceled the trial membership. Thank God we have a record feature on our cell phone and recorded the call to make sure we would have the name and cancellation number for future reference. Then all of a sudden MNI showed up on my bank statement. Mmmm... Who are they. I searched the internet and found out a lot of disturbing things about his MNI. I emailed creditreport.com to see if they were affiliated with MNI. I am getting the big run around. Below are the emails with Steven Garrett steven.garrett@mightynet.com from credit report.com.

From: Daniel
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:52 AM
To: support
Subject: question

I recently ordered my credit report from you guys. It was part of a free trial membership. I just signed up a couple of days ago. Today I noticed a company called Mni credit reports is on my bank statement with a payment to them pending. Is Mni a company affiliated with you? I am not understanding this since my trial membership is not up.

Thanks,
Daniel.

From: support
To: Daniel
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 1:27 PM
Subject: RE: question

Thank you for contacting Creditreport.com:

In order for us to make any changes to your account or to cancel an order we need you to call us, because certain questions require access to your personal account information. If you have any question on how to file a dispute of inaccurate items on your credit report or if you need help understanding your credit report, please contact our customer service department at 800- 720-4420 or at 818 – 407 – 4620 Monday- Friday 6:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. PST, Saturdays 8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m and Sundays 8:00 a.m - 1:00 p.m PST .

Customer Service.

From: Daniel
To: support
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 2:50 PM
Subject: Re: question

Once again I am asking if MNI is affiliated with you! I didn't ask to change anything on my account!

From: Steven Garrett
To: Daniel
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 2:02 PM
Subject: RE: question

Thank you for contacting Creditreport.com:

CreditReport.com

SO I JUST SENT THIS AGAIN.

Once again is credit report affiliated with MNI? A question that does not concern an account. What are you guys hiding. This is rather odd.

Mmmm I am sensing a scam by creditreport.com.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jul, 2007 by   mark allen 0 Votes
I've tried to cancel my order twice but for some reason when i call back they have no record of my account being canceled. This company is a fraud, i can not reach anyone in a higher level to assist me, stay away from this company at all cost!!!
 28th of Dec, 2007 by   Vera Rosenkrans 0 Votes
I too ordered a trial membership and paid a fee that only allowed me access one time then wanted to charge me again and again. Then on my bank statement a recurring charge appeared each month. Calling the number- which is the same as the one given for the Credit Report company- only sent me to a vaoice mail which was- surprise FULL and not answered regardless of the times I called or the hours.

I am printing and recording everything now and I will submit my records from the bank as evidence in this fraudulent abuse of my funds. I want someone to call me and explain why I couldn't get through. Also, why I am being charged for a service that I don't want and can't access fully.
 12th of Sep, 2008 by   Robert J. Williams 0 Votes
I have not been able to unsubscribe from Minicredit report and Credit adapter services.
 12th of Sep, 2008 by   cherry 0 Votes
Aufgrund der Umstellung im Ranking gab es Metin Yang heute leider eine kleine Panne in der Anzeige des Rankings.
So tauchten plötzlich GM´s im Ranking auf. Metin2 Yang kaufen Ebenso gibt es einige von mir, zum Rankingtest, erstellte Testcharaktere.
Wir sind aber schon an der Behebung des Fehlers dran und bald sollte das Ranking wieder so sein wie es war.
In den heutigen Wartungsarbeiten wurden folgende Änderungen billig Metin2 Yang durchgeführt:
 3rd of Nov, 2008 by   Mark Barton 0 Votes
Creditreport.com automatically enrolls you in a credit monitoring service when you pay for your credit report. They will bill your credit card monthly for the service. This next part is directly from their website:

If you try it and decide it is not for you, please contact our Customer Care Center toll free at 866-883-3309. Your credit card will NOT be charged if you cancel during a free trial period. After the free trial period, you may cancel the service at anytime and stop future monthly billings. Please note, however, that refunds are not given for any portion of the membership fee paid for the current month.

I did not want the credit monitoring service and called to cancel. Telling them NO isn't enough. They will keep you on the phone telling you anything and everything to maintain your membership. I was cussing at the customer service agent by the FOURTH time I told her I DID NOT WANT THE SERVICE. I have also filed a complaint with the BBB. It was the worst customer sevice I have ever experienced. I had to FORCE her to cancel my subscription- which unfortunately is an AUTOMATIC add-on when you buy your credit report.

Avoid this company and any hassel you're bound to experience. It's a sad day in America when all anyone gives a shit about is taking your money and not caring in the least bit about real customer service. It's happening way too often these past couple of years.
 16th of Apr, 2009 by   sucked dry 0 Votes
I wish I had read your letters before i got my report. these blood sucker have dipped into my account. HOw do I stop them, HOw do I let others kknow about the trap wording they built into their system. Is ther a class action suit against them? I supose that any one ho goes up against them will bet their credit ruined. God Damn these blood suckers.
 16th of Apr, 2009 by   sucked dry 0 Votes
the address for stephen garrett is not working.
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   Sheri 0 Votes
This company is a bunch of vipers. The snarky "supervisor" I spoke with sounded all of 19 years old and did not care to retain customers. She is getting paid with my 15.00 so what does she care...I hope she chokes on it.
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   AndiFaythe 0 Votes
I have been through Heck with these people all day not only did I cancel the same day I did the inquiry, they charged my card anyway causing overdrafts in my bank account, bank fees, and only reimbursed my 14.95 I ask for managers, I get people most of them named Alex, or Nadia saying the same thing off of a script, I believe this is fraud...
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   mlu 0 Votes
This company is a bunch of SHARKS, just like telemarketers and collectors. They have hidden fees all over thier site that trap you and when you ask to be refunded they give you BS. All people want are they credit reports not the crap you are selling. The snarky "supervisor" I spoke with BRUSHED ME OFF. I will spead their word of their thieving all over the Internet. They refused to refund my $15 but damade control is a Bitch. they will spend tons on advertising for this
 25th of Sep, 2009 by   Lanternkami 0 Votes
I just called today and spoke a lady about canceling my account. After asking me if I would consider keeping the service if it was only $9.95 a month instead of the $14.95 she told me that she would go ahead and cancel the account for me. She mentioned that I should get an email stating that I need to go online to complete the cancellation process and just to save my number and delete the email... Im thinking im just gonna save the email just incase. Hopefully they have improved their customer service at least a little bit, other then trying to give me a discount it wasn't bad. I guess well see in a few days whether or not they decide to charge me.
 24th of Nov, 2009 by   peaceofcake 0 Votes
We canceled our account months and months ago. We're still trying to get it canceled.. but I doubt we'll ever get a refund for the 5 full months they've been charging my debit card 14.95. Thats 100 freaking dollars. $100 that I could have spent on something more constructive, rather than on a "credit monitor" that doesnt even alert you when changes are made on your credit report. Such a rip off. I too have had to literally yell at a customer service rep because they pressure you into keeping your membership. This is why I distinctly remember canceling my membership. Because the rep offered me a 50% discount, only 9.95 a month if I were to keep my membership. I said no. They kept on and on and on. And finally I said.. Just cancel my d*mn account before I get really pissed and ask to speak with your supervisor. At that time they canceled my account. Or so I thought. I dont usually check my bank statements.. so when I DID check them, and seen that I'd been charged repeatedly from these ***holes, I was furious. I intend on getting every penny back, and my account will be canceled if its the LAST thing I do.
 28th of Nov, 2009 by   johnjmk 0 Votes
I called in to cancel my account, but they said it was already canceled on the 16th (11 days ago) but this is the first time I called them; Strange... I will check and see if they show up on the next credit card bill.
 26th of Dec, 2009 by   THOMAS MALEY 0 Votes
cancel acct refund my bank acct.or l'ii persue legal cancel
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   EMMAVY 0 Votes
Wow!!! There are many people is in this trap! I'm charged 19.95 every month now, even I don't check my credit score. Please HELP- which # I should call to cancel and get refund the charge they have been charged us for several months????

WHICH # SHOULD I CALL TO GET CANCEL??? IT WAS SAID THAT CREDIT.COM BUT THERE IS SOME NUMBERS...
HELP PLEASE!
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   EMMAVY 0 Votes
What can we do to stop them? We have no way to do anything with them? That is so sad...! Please someone who knew what we should do to stop them, do something...!
 5th of Apr, 2010 by   mjtgm 0 Votes
After complaining that I was being charged for a service I never requested (the name associated with the credit card number used wasn't mine) I was told they would refund the charge and initiate an investigation. However if I wanted to find out *anything* regarding their investigation I needed to submit a written subpoena! So sleezy it makes my skin crawl...

I didn't have any trouble reaching someone there at 1.866.883.3309
 26th of Apr, 2010 by   2fasst 0 Votes
Same scam here. I ordered a report and was 'automatically' signed up for their monitoring service. It's hidden in their fine print. I called a rep and seems like they're used to taking these kinds of call. This is probably routine source of income for them.

Call your credit card company and tell them you did not authorize this charge.

And file a complaint with the FTC here:

10th of May, 2010 by   Eric28 0 Votes
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone. Before I do anything on the computer now a days I go to the compliant boards and see if it is a scam. I hope you get them back for what they've done to you. Thanks
 5th of Jun, 2010 by   SRR 0 Votes
I applied to a job on craigslist that looked legit. They emailed me back and said they wanted to set up an interview but I needed to go to creditreport.com to get a credit score rating and submit that to them. **RED FLAG** I went to the website just to see what it was about, started filling out the information, got to the second page where they asked for my SS# and credit card info, and I closed that page down immediately. I'm not sure if this is part of their scam, but it definitely seemed sketchy.

Paypal-Charges-Scam