Fraud business practices!

It goes a little something like this. I ordered a free credit report which I knew came with a trial membership of credit monitoring. Within two days I canceled the trial membership. Thank God we have a record feature on our cell phone and recorded the call to make sure we would have the name and cancellation number for future reference. Then all of a sudden MNI showed up on my bank statement. Mmmm... Who are they. I searched the internet and found out a lot of disturbing things about his MNI. I emailed creditreport.com to see if they were affiliated with MNI. I am getting the big run around. Below are the emails with Steven Garrett steven.garrett@mightynet.com from credit report.com.

From: Daniel
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:52 AM
To: support
Subject: question

I recently ordered my credit report from you guys. It was part of a free trial membership. I just signed up a couple of days ago. Today I noticed a company called Mni credit reports is on my bank statement with a payment to them pending. Is Mni a company affiliated with you? I am not understanding this since my trial membership is not up.

From: support
To: Daniel
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 1:27 PM
Subject: RE: question

Thank you for contacting Creditreport.com:

In order for us to make any changes to your account or to cancel an order we need you to call us, because certain questions require access to your personal account information. If you have any question on how to file a dispute of inaccurate items on your credit report or if you need help understanding your credit report, please contact our customer service department at 800- 720-4420 or at 818 – 407 – 4620 Monday- Friday 6:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. PST, Saturdays 8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m and Sundays 8:00 a.m - 1:00 p.m PST .

Customer Service.

From: Daniel
To: support
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 2:50 PM
Subject: Re: question

Once again I am asking if MNI is affiliated with you! I didn't ask to change anything on my account!

From: Steven Garrett
To: Daniel
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 2:02 PM
Subject: RE: question

Thank you for contacting Creditreport.com:

Once again is credit report affiliated with MNI? A question that does not concern an account. What are you guys hiding. This is rather odd.

Mmmm I am sensing a scam by creditreport.com.
Complaint comments Comments (51) Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges

11th of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes

Creditreport.com - Charged additional monthly charges

I ordered credit report for 29.95 and have also been charged additional monthly charges. Called and was told by John that I authorized. I don't recall authorizing anything but the credit report. I probably could have received a free credit report if I had done a trial for the credit monitoring service and canceled it before the trial. I didn't want to have to remember to cancel it so I just purchased the credit report. I had no idea I would be charged anyway for the monitoring service. I was told by John they would only credit the June 7 charge. I will never use them again for a credit report request. They should not be allowed to do this.

06/07/2007 CKCRD06-06MNI*CREDITRPT S 866-4084016 CA $9.95
05/14/2007 CKCRD 05-11MNI*CREDITRPT S 866-4084016 CA $9.95
05/09/2007 CKCRD 05-07MNI*CREDITREPOR 866-4084016 CA $29.90
 5th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
I've tried to cancel my order twice but for some reason when i call back they have no record of my account being canceled. This company is a fraud, i can not reach anyone in a higher level to assist me, stay away from this company at all cost!!!
 10th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes

Creditreport.com - Problem with cancellation!

Was charged for monitoring in the month of June so made the call to cancel subscription. The girl (amanda) confirmed that since I had already paid for the month of service that they couldn't credit the account but after the month of service it would cancel. I again got charged for July. They will not reimburse me for the 9.95 they charged. Do not use this company. She noted on the account that I would call back again to cancel. That is what I already did, why would I cancel again.

Terrible Customer Service.
 26th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I had the same problem. I called to cancel. They said it's taken care of. I get charged again. I called and they said that the notes say that I was going to call again to cancel. So they charged me again. And that they would be unable to refund me any money. WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN.
 28th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I too ordered a trial membership and paid a fee that only allowed me access one time then wanted to charge me again and again. Then on my bank statement a recurring charge appeared each month. Calling the number- which is the same as the one given for the Credit Report company- only sent me to a vaoice mail which was- surprise FULL and not answered regardless of the times I called or the hours.

I am printing and recording everything now and I will submit my records from the bank as evidence in this fraudulent abuse of my funds. I want someone to call me and explain why I couldn't get through. Also, why I am being charged for a service that I don't want and can't access fully.
 3rd of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

Credit Report.com - fraud

I never signed up for credit report.com, I may have clicked on an email or an ad by mistake, but I never signed up. I had the service once before and it was a scam. The company is a fraud and someone should do something about protecting the consumer from them!!!

Warning! Do not click on, answer or sign up for CreditReport.com, it is a scam!
 17th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

Creditreport.com - Deceptive Practices and Rude Customer Service

On May 17, 2008 I signed up for a credit report. What CreditReport.com does NOT make clear is that there is a mandatory sign-up for an $11.95 monthly credit monitoring "service". You then have to opt out of this before the 30-day free trial period ends.

It really says something that you have to opt out of a service rather than opt in, no? Talk about a scam.

At any rate, I only realized this once they had charged me for the second month (the first apparently was free).

The day I received the charge, June 17, I called them up expecting that they would simply refund me the money for the service that I was unaware of and had not used.

On the first try they refused and were only willing to cancel the service.

Since the first month was free, I should not have been charged for that month, and should have retained service until July 17 (the month they forced me to pay for). However, they canceled the service and ended it immediately (June 17), thereby effectively charging me the $11.95 for nothing.

When I called back to complain they gave me the run around for a while. When I mentioned that they must get a lot of complaints like this since as there were so many on the internet, the guy spoke over me repeatedly and rudely told me that other credit report agencies got more.

After a long, drawn out argument "Fernando" told me that he was going to refund me the money. I've got the cancellation report and have contacted my bank to notify them that any further charges would be fraudulent.

If you have problems, call their toll free number and ask to speak to "FERNANDO 612" or "FERNANDO 6127" (he changed the number by the end of the phone call). If they tell you it is not possible to refund your money point out that you read online that they did.

This is a horrible, horrible service. PLEASE, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DON'T USE IT!!! They are betting on people not noticing, paying the first month for a service they were unaware of, and not having the fortitude to complain enough or take legal action against them to get their money back.

I looked for class action suits against them, but as of this point there don't appear to be any.

According to both customer service people that I spoke to the agreement was plainly stated when you sign up, but it wasn't so plain as to catch my eye. They are, at the very least, being astonishingly sleazy.
 8th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have the same problem canceling my account with your company
 31st of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

Creditreport.com - Bogus company

I signed up with this company a little over a month ago. After seeing my credit report and what they had to offer I wanted to cancel. I tried numerous times to log-in and it failed despite using the correct username and password. And nowhere could I find on any email the number I could call to cancel. Then my card was billed so I went back to the website expecting to be able to retrieve a new credit report. Not! Same old one, 39 days old. Can't find anywhere how to access a new one without paying MORE money than I already had. When I tried to cancel it gave me a phone number to call. This company seems like a fly-by-night rip-off and I would recommend staying away from them. They make it easy to get your account number and money and hard to cancel.
 22nd of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

Creditreport.com - unauthorized fees

While just trying to obtain my 1 free credit report for myself and 1 for my husband, I was asked to enter my credit card information, but would not be charged. Well I was also, unknowingly, signed up for a monthly monitoring service. When I noticed 2 debits from my account of 12.95 each, I called them and asked them to refund the money. They cancelled both services but would only "make an exception" to refund the money on one of the accounts, even after several minutes of arguing. I then asked to speak with a supervisor, was placed on hold for 10 or more minutes, only to speak with the supervisor who sounded like the very same guy I had been talking to. This is fraudulent and misleading and must stop. I have filed a complaint with the FTC and also one with freecreditreport.com. I urge everyone else in this situation to do the same.
 29th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I couldn't agree with you more. I have a similar experience with that company. Their practices are very fraudulent. Wished I had read this thread before using their so called "free credit report". Readers beware.
 12th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have not been able to unsubscribe from Minicredit report and Credit adapter services.
 12th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
Aufgrund der Umstellung im Ranking gab es Metin Yang heute leider eine kleine Panne in der Anzeige des Rankings.
So tauchten plötzlich GM´s im Ranking auf. Metin2 Yang kaufen Ebenso gibt es einige von mir, zum Rankingtest, erstellte Testcharaktere.
Wir sind aber schon an der Behebung des Fehlers dran und bald sollte das Ranking wieder so sein wie es war.
In den heutigen Wartungsarbeiten wurden folgende Änderungen billig Metin2 Yang durchgeführt:
 21st of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
Dear sir,

The company pi-international pvt Ltd, at prashasan nagar, has started with 10-120 employees after making good dollars for the past three years, now after deducting CTC of about 5000 from each employee stating that its your saving will be returned back when you leave the company said but now they stopped paying salaries from july company pays only 30% of the total salary and says no money if you want to work work here or will be beaten, no ctc no releving letter, nothing says. Who is going to takecare of such bogus companies company made lot of money now making to go on roads to 100's of employees case was registered in jublihills police station, press came, no action till now. Masthan.
 3rd of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
Creditreport.com automatically enrolls you in a credit monitoring service when you pay for your credit report. They will bill your credit card monthly for the service. This next part is directly from their website:

If you try it and decide it is not for you, please contact our Customer Care Center toll free at 866-883-3309. Your credit card will NOT be charged if you cancel during a free trial period. After the free trial period, you may cancel the service at anytime and stop future monthly billings. Please note, however, that refunds are not given for any portion of the membership fee paid for the current month.

I did not want the credit monitoring service and called to cancel. Telling them NO isn't enough. They will keep you on the phone telling you anything and everything to maintain your membership. I was cussing at the customer service agent by the FOURTH time I told her I DID NOT WANT THE SERVICE. I have also filed a complaint with the BBB. It was the worst customer sevice I have ever experienced. I had to FORCE her to cancel my subscription- which unfortunately is an AUTOMATIC add-on when you buy your credit report.

Avoid this company and any hassel you're bound to experience. It's a sad day in America when all anyone gives a shit about is taking your money and not caring in the least bit about real customer service. It's happening way too often these past couple of years.
 19th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
Has similar issue. Called to cancel on 1/27/08 and was told that the charges would be canceled on 2/20/08. While perfoming my year end tax return reconciliation I discovered that they were still charging me. I called on 3/19/09 where I was told that they did have a record of the original call but no record that I canceled. They canceled the charges again but refused to negate the charges for the past year. I asked to speak to someone higher up the chain of command but I was told no way. My guess is that their associates get an incentive to keep the charges alive and the associated that I spoke to on 1/27/08 did not cancel the charges as I requested. This definitley smells like a scam and I would avoid them at all costs.
 16th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I wish I had read your letters before i got my report. these blood sucker have dipped into my account. HOw do I stop them, HOw do I let others kknow about the trap wording they built into their system. Is ther a class action suit against them? I supose that any one ho goes up against them will bet their credit ruined. God Damn these blood suckers.
 16th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
the address for stephen garrett is not working.
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
This company is a bunch of vipers. The snarky "supervisor" I spoke with sounded all of 19 years old and did not care to retain customers. She is getting paid with my 15.00 so what does she care...I hope she chokes on it.
 19th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes

Creditreport.com - Not a free credit report as promised
Disgruntled Grace

I called my Visa bank, Chase Bank and got a foreign speaking rep in Vancouver, BC who was a high powered salesman and wore me down by his talking and I finally agreed to Chase ID Protection just so I could talk to the Dispute Dept. The cost $9.99 mo for something I really didn't want. As benefits, I was told I would get a FREE credit report and he gave me MiniCredit.com website. I had never done a report on myself before, so I went on the website thinking FREE credit report. I wondered why I was asked for my credit card number-DUH???!!! Apparently the credit report is FREE but you have to agree to a credit monitoring service at $14.95 mo and of course I was thinking FREE, not cluing in that I was agreeing to this monitoring service. Chase Bank told me to call them direct to cancel and get a refund. ID Protection I cancelled but they wouldn't do anything about the $14.95 charge, and MiniCredit.com said TOO BAD-by giving us your credit account number, you agreed to the service - so basically EAT IT!!!
I live on Social Security which is already below the poverty line, and this is just another SCAM, people out there to make a fast buck to line their pockets at the expense of the innocent. There is NOTHING FREE in this world, it either costs you time, effort, peace of mind and in this case it costs all of that and more PLUS I am out $14.95 for a service that I didn't need and didn't know, because I agreed to it thinking it was all part of the FREE credit report, I didn't know I was ordering this service. So...BEWARE unsuspecting people - this is NOT FREE like you think!!!
Disgruntled Grace