logo

www.richgoptr.com
why hold my payment ?
3. (7 mins ago)
Ak Management
Money taken out of my account
4. (7 mins ago)
JOHN KENNEY AKA POBAMA25@YAHOO.COM - SCAMMER

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Credit Protection Association Complaints & Reviews - Unable to contact the company

Credit Protection Association Contacts & Informations

Credit Protection Association

Posted:    Angela Waite

Unable to contact the company

I recently got a copy of my credit report and to my surprise i have a collection on there for $500! For the past 5 days I have been trying to get in contact with this company, based out of TX, and all I get is a recording telling me that they are experiencing high volumes of calls and to call back later!!! What kind of crap is that. It has been 5 days and nothing! I am just a little pissed!
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of May, 2007 by   John A. Westling Jr. 0 Votes
I actually took care of my obligation directly with Time Warner Cable/Comcast Cable in Dallas, TX; however, I have been receiving these same kind of annoying e-mail from Credit Protection Association and would also like to say that I, too, have been unable to reach anyone regarding this matter from CPA. This kind of harassment should not be allowed to take place.
 4th of May, 2007 by   J Tickedoff 0 Votes
My bill has been paid in full for 4 months now. Charter Cable has supposedly contacted CPA to tell them to stop billing me. I cannot locate any number to reach them on except for a pay by phone number. How do you make these freaks stop??
 14th of May, 2007 by   Alex Dickson 0 Votes
I have been experiencing the exact same thing! It is also impossible to find any info on the internet about them.
 17th of May, 2007 by   JS 0 Votes
Does anyone know if it shows up on your credit report when Blockbuster sends your account to CPA?
 18th of May, 2007 by   Michelle 0 Votes
I have to agree, I have been trying to contact them also. Guess they don't want my money! I finally got a person at 1-800-800-6499. It might be better to take care of the issue with the actually company that sent it there, and then dispute it with the 3 major credit agencies.
 29th of May, 2007 by   William 0 Votes
I spent over a week trying to get in touch with these guys. Michelle's number that she provided got me in touch with a representative and I was able to pay over the phone TODAY! There was a $7 charge but I didn't care at this point. I did pass on to the rep how hard it was to contact them and I shouldn't have to get the number off of a complaint site. You can call them at 1-800-800-6499. Pass it on if need be. They claim they will report to all three agencies at the end of the day but it may take awhile for the agencies to update.
 31st of May, 2007 by   Francisco Nuno 0 Votes
I used to work for CPA about a year back, and the main problem they have is volume of cases. They deal in small debt high quantity. The best thing to do is to put your case in dispute status, this buys you time before they report to the bureaus, then keep doing this until you're ready to pay it. You can't really get away with not paying your debt, even if you don't owe it it's so much hassle that most people end up paying it anyway. The only way you will get your dispute heard and reversed (most of the time) is if the original creditor (Blockbuster, Time Warner, Comcast, etc.) deems it so, and you have to do a lot of fighting and a lot of holding on the phone for that. The fact of the matter is, most people aren't willing to got to those lengths for such a small debt and would rather just get it out of their hair. So in conclusion, if you've already contacted CPA and are not gaining ground, I believe the best thing to do, if you're not going to pay, is to contact the original creditor. The conversation with them will tell you if your case is going anywhere, if they don't care for your case nor will CPA, if they do and are willing to work with you or realize you do not owe the debt, they will relay that to CPA. CPA answers to these companies, they are only 3rd party collectors and any change on your account more than likely has to be authorized by the original creditor. The number that has been given here (1-800-800-6499) is probably your best bet at getting to a live person. I, Francisco Nuño, do not represent CPA in any which way or form. The opinions I've expressed here are solely mine and in no fashion represent the opinions of Credit Protection Association LP. In other words, this is not an attack against CPA, this is just friendly advice to people in need.
 7th of Jun, 2007 by   Vicki 0 Votes
OK guys, I just got my report from EQ. Is it them that shows up as CRED PROTECTIONS ASSOC? That's all it says and I have no idea who these people are or what I did not pay. It is like 100 dollars. I would have paid it. Anyway, I was just wondering if this is the company y'all are talking about. Thanks for your help.
 1st of Oct, 2007 by   Suzanne Penman 0 Votes
I have also recieved a Letter for a BILL That I have not paid YET IT HAS already been TALKED about with the company and I refuse to pay for something I am not responsible for. THE CABLE BOX WAS REMOVED TAKEN BY THE CABLE INSTALLER OF NEW CONNECTIONS. AFTER A MOVE INTO A NEW PLACE. HE HAD THE BOX REPLACED THAT ONE WITH ANOTHER> AS INSTRUCTED BY COMPANY PERSONEL AND IT IS NOT MY FAULT THEY CANNOT FIND IT> I DO NOT HAVE IT> THEY DO OR The GUY THAT DID THE WORK DOES.
HE PUT THE BOX IN HIS TRUCK AND LEFT WITH IT.
 9th of Nov, 2007 by   Jason Good 0 Votes
Insight Communications tried to bill me for a cable box that I returned through CPA. All the numbers I tried for CPA never got me through to a real person. It took about 4 months of dealing with Insight solely. I ended up calling about every other day for a week or so, and the following week they found the box and cleared the bill. I haven't checked to see if it is on my credit rating yet. If it is, I am going to be super pissed!
 11th of Nov, 2007 by   Karen 0 Votes
Credit Protections Association is on my credit report showing that I owe Comcast $106 as of February 2006. The funny this is, I paid that bill in January 2006!! I have called Comcast numerous times and they told me that the situation would be resolved. They lied. As of Nov. 2007, That bill still shows up on my credit report under collections. Can anyone tell me what I can do? Is there a number for CPA? I am beyond angry about this negative report on my credit. Help!
 14th of Nov, 2007 by   Jake Parent 0 Votes
Thanks to the people who posted on here with the number. 1-800-800-6499. I couldn't find it for the life of me. It is a scary proposition, these companies which hold so much power over the nature of our ability to be considered for credit make it so difficult and have the obvious intention of making themselves hard to find. Really makes you question what the motives for their business is. Good luck and keep your hands on your wallets at all times!
 18th of Nov, 2007 by   Dennis Frenia 0 Votes
I was billed by Comcast for an amount that I did not owe and it was literally impossible to straighten this out with them. I have since filled bankruptcy and the collection effort stopped until a few days ago when I received a threat to my credit from Credit Protection Association. My response was to notify them of the discharged bankruptcy by mail and email. Waiting to see if the will disregard the law on this matter.
 19th of Nov, 2007 by   Madeleine Kangsen 0 Votes
Yeah, this is all totally insane. Comcast says I owe them $600. and send me bills and now notices from CPA. When I call, they say i have no balance on my account! So, in response to the letter from CPA I sent Comcast a threatening letter. They finally called and sent a tech guy over to pick up some box they say I have (hence the charge.) The tech guy said I have no such box! Now, trying telling that to Comcast! They say I still owe them. Thanks to the advice above (the 800 number) I actually have better luck with CPA than with comcast. I am interested in a class action suit, or whatever. This is total harassment. Who has time for this BS? I don't... Sorry to sound so upset, but i am.
 3rd of Dec, 2007 by   Matthew Hensley 0 Votes
Just for your information, I was going through the same problem, and an extensive internet search came up with this phone # for Credit Protection Association LP. (972)233-9614. This puts you directly in touch with a person at the company and they are very polite about handling any problem that you may have. Just make sure that you press 3 on the options to talk to the operator.
 16th of Dec, 2007 by   Douglas Howser 0 Votes
I just received a complaint from this organization and it's also from a Texas address. It's based on an apparent attempt from Blockbuster video to collect $23 from me.

The issue is that blockbuster hasn't even attempted to collect this from me. Based on this board it sounds like i should speak to someone at Blockbuster in person and also send a dispute letter to this organization via mail in order to buymore time.
 22nd of Jan, 2008 by   dexter avancena 0 Votes
I have A DEROGATORY REPORT on my credit report from credit protection assoc.count me in whoever wants a class action suit against this guys.this is pure harassment.I have been with direct tv for more than 2 years now.and I haven't heard from comcast that I owe them a cable box until now.their charging me $150.00 through credit protection assoc.as far as I remember the cable guy took the cable box when they install a new box when I moved. and the box that I have after that I returned to comcast.this is abuse to the highest extent!.
 27th of Jan, 2008 by   Melissa Pointer 0 Votes
www.ftc.gov
File a complaint against Credit Protection Assoc. and Comcast.

My Story
They put 2 accounts on my credit report that they say were opened at other addresses on 11/16/2007. Both are for $150. I have beenin the same place for 3 years and my comcast bill is current. So 2 months ago I opened 2 accounts at 2 different addresses from the one I reside at and I'm already in collections? Yeah OK. BS!! Called CPA and they said it was from 2002 and 2003. So why report them as opened in 2007?

I have disputed 3 times with the credit bureas and each time it is removed as innacurate. Then a week later guess what appears again? Every time. CPA and comcast were both listed in my CH 7 that was discharged 3/2007. It was an account my ex opened in my name and never paid. Just listed them as creditors and no account number as I did not have one. So any debt prior to my filing would be discharged.
 7th of Feb, 2008 by   JEIINFER L. CROY 0 Votes
i RETAINED A COPY OF MY CREDIT REPORT AND THERE IS NO CONTACT INFO. LISTED FOR NOONE AND iM GETTING NO WHERE REPAYING MY DEBITS. PLESE HELP
 4th of Mar, 2008 by   Melissa 0 Votes
I have been trying to contact Credit Protection Assoc. for months, I can not get thru so I contacted Time Warner Cable, they advised me that I could pay my bill with them and they would contact CPA for me. That was over a month ago, I still can not get in touch with CPA, so I disputed this account on my credit report, but they say that I still owe the money. Please anyone tell me how to get this off my credit!

Consumer Update: Save Your Skin from Sun