logo

SIM CARD ACTIVATION

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

CREDIT CARD - DON'T KNOW, Greensboro, North Carolina Complaints & Reviews - CANCELLATION OF DEBT THROUGH IRS

CREDIT CARD - DON'T KNOW Contacts & Informations

CREDIT CARD - DON'T KNOW

Posted:    Martha Kane

CANCELLATION OF DEBT THROUGH IRS

FIA CARD SERVICES N.A.
P.O. BOX 27420-2021
Greensboro, North Carolina
I receiced a CP2000 form from the IRS stating that becasue there was a cancellation of debt in the amount of $3, 040 that it was not reflected on my IRS returns. I have never heard of these folks, they have never contacted me about any outstanding debts yet it has been reported to the IRS. I have tried to get their phone number through the yellowpages, 411 and came up with nothing, yellow pages came up with nothing. The address shown on my CP2000 form is as follows

FIA Card Services N.A.
Consumer Lending
P.O. Box 22021
Greensboro, NC 27420-2021

Please if anyone knows how to contact these folks please forward a number to Marthamd4u@aol.com
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Sep, 2009 by   novogal3 0 Votes
The same thing has happended to my brother and we can not find out who these people are or what the 3900.00 was for or anything. But yet he got a letter from the IRS saying that this dept was forgiving for some reason. But we don't know what they are even talking about. Where you able to find out any more information?
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   jpauling 0 Votes
The same thing has happened to us we recieved a letter today 10/4/09from the IRS showing 2 Cancellation of DEBT amounting to $3812.00. Shows acct #'s that don't match anything look like possible Master Card Acct 's they both start with 5400 Visa Acct. #'s start with a 4 not a 5.Same address as all the other P.O. Box 22021 Greensboro NC 274202021 . I'm going to call the number on my IRS Form tonight.If anyone finds out anything please let me know. jpaul28732@yahoo.com Thanks
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   jpauling 0 Votes
I also noticed on the forms from the IRS that they are from Philadelphia PA. interesting this could be some kind of scam I mean this whole year has been weird.
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   yiseld 0 Votes
This is a nightmare!!! I'm going through the same thing!!! I have no idea who these people are and I certainly didn't get any 1099 from them!!!
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   yiseld 0 Votes
Hi all! I JUST FOUND NUMBER FOR THESE PEOPLE!!! Everything has been clarified!!!

CALL FIA CARD SERVICES AT: 1-866-298-6241
 16th of Oct, 2009 by   Lohmann23 0 Votes
Did you call them and what was decided? We got the same type of letter this summer and it matches nothing in our records.
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   LauraB3 0 Votes
I recieved the same notice from the IRS. I called our tax person and asked him what to do, he suggested we write not agreeing with thier decidition. iu have odne that and now we just got another letter stating we still owe over $3, 000. We all need to report this company to the better business bureau! I am going to print all of these complainnts and send them to the IRS. Something fishy is going on here with this company!
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   LauraB3 0 Votes
We had an account with this compnay years ago and it was paid off, yet they are still trying to charge us $50... Which is still on our credit to this day!
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   Teenat 0 Votes
The same thing has happened to me. It was done under my husband's social security number in the year 2007. He is now deceased and I have no idea what the money is about. Mine, however, does not say "is forgiven". I owe the IRS that amount of money plus interest. I am going to try the phone number that was posted. If anyone knows anything else please post.
 28th of Nov, 2009 by   elker 0 Votes
I received today from the irs a claim stating that I owe them because of this card service. I don't

know of them. I will contact irs & bbb.
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   kware 0 Votes
My mother inlaw has also recieved this same letter from the IRS and we called them today and they say they dont have a # for them but this is so crazy because she dont remember not paying anyone she has no debt????? but I will give her this # and see what happens. But this is so crazy because most of the amounts are the same and everyone cant have the same amount of debt owed to this company we need to report this to some one...
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   mpls. lady 0 Votes
Thank you for the phone number. I found out that if you make a settlement with any bank or credit card than you are supposed to add the owed balance to your yearly income for tax. The bank or credit card company will wait and send a 1099-c form to the irs so they can come back to claim money from you in the future. I spoke to a person at FIA CARD SERVICES N.A /CONSUMER LENDING and he said we will have to add that owed amount to our income for tax. There's nothing we can do but make the payment to irs.
 30th of Apr, 2010 by   toblueiz 0 Votes
Hi,
I just got off the phone with these people (thank you for the telephone number) and it seems that if you go for a settlement instead of paying it off you will have to pay taxes on it. They told me that my husband agreed on an amount that was less then the money he owed so they took the balance and reported it to the irs. They said it is though you made that money because you didn't pay it to them. Makes no sense to me. So in my opinion, from now on, I will take my time and pay off the amount, even if it takes 10 years. This way I don't get screwed in the long run.
 6th of May, 2010 by   upset debtor 0 Votes
We accepted a deal between with the credit card company, that was brokered with a debt consolidation agency (Freedom Financial out of Sacramento, CA). The 1099-c form was sent from the credit card company to Freedom Financial, but they never forwarded it us. If they did I would have filed it with my taxes. I think Freedom Financial is a crooked company.
 24th of May, 2010 by   Christinedb 0 Votes
All of your comments have been so educational. Thank you. I too just received a notice from the IRS and have just begun to investigate. Once I received my divorce settlement from my ex-husband, I paid off everything but it was later in the year that this 1099 was reported. I will be calling this number, you can be sure. I feel sorry for everyone's troubles because of this company. Hopefully, brighter times are ahead for you!
 1st of Aug, 2010 by   ERShader 0 Votes
Thanks for the phone number. Although I wrote these people almost 2 months ago, I have never received an answer. I will the call the number and see what is up. I never received a 1099c and didn't know about it until IRS sent me a letter saying I didn't list it as income.

However, from what I can tell, If you can prove that you were insolvent on the date that you supposedly paid off this company (i.e. your liabilities were greater than your assets), the amount someone is claiming as income to you will be deleted. I hope I've read that correctly. The account number also starts with a 5400 # and I looked at my credit report for that tax year and could find no such number. Let's stay in touch - maybe we need to file a class action lawsuit against these folks. My big question is, how'd they get my social security? Oh, btw, the amount they reported was $2975.
 28th of Mar, 2011 by   nicole528 0 Votes
I am not having this same exact problem. Did you guys get this resolved...any tips you can pass on to help me?
 14th of Sep, 2011 by   I AM dio 0 Votes
My sister received a 2009 1099-C from this bank alleging that she she has $2, 071.72 credit card balance that she never paid off. The credit card number listed on the 1099-C does not match with the credit card that she once had. Now the IRS is after her because of this 1099-C. She had settled her account on 2/2/2009 and have not use the card since. I guess this has something to do with the 2008 financial meltdown. BofA borrowed money from the government (i.e. TARP) back then. My guess is they did this fraudulent act on purpose so they can claim these so-called unsettled debt as tax deduction with the IRS. This is bad karma. Now they're in the red because of their acquisition of this one mortgage company in 2009, leaving them with lots of mortgage loan defaults; and foreclosed homes that never sell. God is always looking down in all of us. Crooked company like Bank of America deserved the financial problem that they are having right now.
 26th of Jan, 2012 by   Chris(tian) 0 Votes
I just got a 1099-C from FIA for Bank of America, but I have never had a credit card with Bank of America! It says this is due to a personal guarantee that I made for my business that I closed it 1997. That's 15 years ago. I never had any notice of any debt in the last 15 years. The "debt" is for $1, 519.85. I'll call them tomorrow.
 28th of Jan, 2012 by   Baltimores 0 Votes
I too received a 1099-c from FIA. Not my debt. Have to file form 982 with IRS and statement of dispute. Also send FIA letter demanding validation of owed debt. Better to do this before or during preparing current years taxes. Any other ideas?

Top 10 Mistakes in a Consumer Bankrupcty Case