logo

Bad service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Crazy 88, Frederick, Maryland Complaints & Reviews - FAKE!!

Crazy 88 Contacts & Informations

Crazy 88

Posted:    Kaelynsmommy09

FAKE!!

Crazy 88 auto loan
Frederick, Maryland
CRAZY 88 AUTO LOAN IS FAKE... DO NOT INPUT YOUR INFO..They are scam artists that steal your information!!! please don't fall for there scam...
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Crazy 88 complaints
Crazy 88 - Bait and Switch

Comments

2nd of Nov, 2009 by   Brodie +1 Votes
Kia of Manassas aia CLS Financial
9199 Carriage Lane
Manassas, VA 20110
866-590-2530

Is the biggest scam. I actually was hoping it wasn't since I'm desperate for an automobile since I don't have one and can't due to my poor credit history. When I visited them on 10/31/09 after been told via email that I was approved for 100% of the loan, when I got there somehow the 100% became 90% and they wanted to to put down 10% but the guy (Lonnie Hatch) wouldn't tell me the amount just kept on repeating percentages and when I told him that I wasn't able to put down any more than the $88 as per their commercial, he asked if I had anybody that I could borrow money from or if he gave me a little more time was able to put money together. I felt really uneasy when he started getting upset and he had the balls to actually tell me that I wasn't willing to help - help who him! Because they weren't going to help me. Is sad that places and people like this exist to take advantage of hard-working people. I hope the FBI gets involve and closes this place. The program is called crazy88autoloan and the lender is several shady financial companies such as CLS Financial or AIC financial. Thank you.
 3rd of Nov, 2009 by   hit by the 88 0 Votes
Thanks so much I am forwarding this information to BBB.
 4th of Nov, 2009 by   runner999 +1 Votes
I received a phone call yesterday from them, they said I was approved for $28, 000.00 with no money down. They want me to come up there at 12 today for an appointment. They said they have over 2000 vehicles to choose from and and I was gauranteed approval. Last night I thought about this and it didn't make sense to me. I called them this morning and asked them to send me by fax a gauranteed approval of $28.000.00 with no money down what so ever. The first clue is when you call there toll free number there is no message if no one answers and there is no receptionist! I don't even think they have vehicles due to the fact KIA of Manasas is at a diffarent address! I will keep you all updated on this and let you know what happens. If I get the letter signed on a business letterhead I will have my attorney check it out!
 13th of Jan, 2010 by   NotCorrupted +2 Votes
Funny But True. So yesterday I received a call from Karen ( cel. 240-310-2500 ), and she told me the same as everyone else. I was approved and she was going to be my account representative. I told her that I had read the review above and asked her if this was a FAKE. She guaranteed me it was not. I asked her if she had the car I was looking for and she cofirmed that she had a few and if it was not in the lot they had a lot with 2000 cars. WOW!! We made an appointment for tonight and I drove an hour for nothing. As soon as I get to the location ( Kia Dealer ) I asked for Karen and some rep told me that we did not need her for the transaction. BING!!! RED FLAG!!! He asked me to sit down and then MAX came to talk to me with his digital pad. I asked him to show me the car I was looking for so we can get to business and he said he did not have the car I was looking for and then when I asked about the lot with 2000 cars he laughed.. JAJAJAJA " 2000.. no no no more like 200" and he walked to his supervisors office to make a joe about it and I followed him and confronted him and he got paranoid. I told him about what I have read on the internet and he said " so why you come" TO SEE THE CAR KAREN TOLD ME ABOUT!!! lol So I left and called the toll free number ( 866-590-2530 ) and demanded to talk to Karen. The lady on the phone was surprised and told me some Supervisor was going to call me in 5 minutes. Still waiting!!
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   holly88 +2 Votes
The same thing just happened to me today..Ashley called me from the 866-590-2530 phone number a few days ago after submitting an application online..She said we had two days to go to the Aic automotive dealership in manassas, VA if we wanted to get the loan. She said my husband and i had been approved for a loan and we get to chose to amount we want to pay every month and we don't need any money down. We drove 2 hours to go get a 2008 dodge caliber which when we got there they only had about 10cars on their lot!! We go inside and some man comes up to us and says he needs to get my husbands info.. I said for what and he said to run a credit check! (red flag) i told him that no we are here to see Ann Davis or Max Walker ( cls told me to ask for them) and he said that i can see them after we check in with him...So we check in and he asks for all of our proof of income and everything so we give it to him so he can make copies and he goes in the back room and I got pissed so i called the 866 number back and spoke with Ashley and she said that they shouldn't be doing this and that she is going to call Ann right this second to come out and get me...Well no ann ever came out and instead some guy named chris came out and i asked him where the F*** ann or max was and he said ann left early for the day and that he was covering max's shift! I then told him that the other guy said ann was in the back and then they looked at each other and laughed.. I got really pissed and i tried to call the 866 number back and a girl picked up and i asked for ashley and she said ashley left for the day and she forwarded me to a represenative and no one ever picked up! I tried calling back a million times (while these men were laughing at me) and no one ever picked up!! i got pissed and the man said that we need a co signer and i told him i just drove two hours to hear the same shit that we have been told.. I stood up and told him he has a law suit coming his way and tomorrow morning i am contacting my lawyer and i'm pursuing charges because i do not trust this at all and they now have our personal info!!
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   a very wise one +2 Votes
wow, they called me and said i was approved for a 26, 000 loan and could pick anything i wanted on the lot. well soemthing told me to look up the reviews before going, and thanks to all of you I DID! i then called the number 240 310 2500 and it was the voicemail of the lady who called me the so called "loan officer".. i left her a detailed msg. i let her know i wouldnt be coming and thank GOD i reviewed the information before i decided to drive 45 minutes for nothing. -i know me, i would have caught a charge if i got there and was told something different. thry would have laughed all the way with my foot in there ass! therefore, i let her know i would not be coming and to never c all my phone again ! so to say the lease, i wasnt as pissed as you guys but, i was pretty pissed. -thanks to all of you and your reviews!
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   rsig24 +1 Votes
I was contacted by them as well, and was supose to meet them tomorrow or this friday. I was looking up the dealership to browse these 2000 wonderful cars and funny thing was there is no existing business call AC Automotive nor is there apparently a loan company this magical after reading everyones stories. I am very pissed now that I have given them all my personal information and I wish I can contact the local authorities, but I just don't know how to go about it.
 25th of Feb, 2010 by   DisappointedCarBuyer -1 Votes
This is all too crazy. I just spoke with someone named Tamara who told me my "loan officer" Rachel will be contacting me in 15 minutes and that I was approved for $24, 000 and to be there at 6 tonight. When I asked what the catch was she said "There's no catch, u just have to go there before 1pm tomorrow." NO DOWN PAYMENT?? I must say that I'm disappointed, what do they get from this? I have 4 kids and a job I dont have time to mess around with scams. I was skeptical so I googled the address and ran across this site. Wow Rachel contacted me and said she is coming from Hagerstown and she will meet me there. And that I will be driving off the lot in my new car tonight. This is so bananas. I'm going to stick to plan A and get the rest of my down payment together next week like I was going to do and let a real legit dealership get my money. Thanks to all of you. I'm going to be going through the proper channels about this company because they need to be stopped. Getting peoples hopes up like this is just cruel. SMH.
 5th of Mar, 2010 by   wearenotstupid 0 Votes
WOW!! I just contacted these people today. I'm supposed to meet "kelly" today at 4pm at the AC Automotive location. I also tried to look up this AC automotive and found nothing! I know my credit. My credit is far from good and I was told that I was approved for $24, 000 with no down payment as long as I met with "kelly" before close of business. This really made me think something was wrong. After reading these reviews and seeing everybody having the exact same story...Something is wrong here. Thanks to reading these reviews, I wont be driving 1 1/2 hours (2 1/2 in traffic) to get pissed off.
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   9480 +1 Votes
I was just approved for 31K. I felt it was too good to be true. I tried to Google the dealership- NOTHING- then I googled the address and came up with a Kia dealership?? Hmmmm... There was something that said scam so I clicked and low and behold I start reading all of this. It is exactly what happened to me. I am supposed to meet "Gina" tomorrow-but I definitely will not be making that 1 and a 1/2 hr drive for nothing. They need to be reported. How do you do it?
 16th of Apr, 2010 by   Scamersssssssssssss 0 Votes
wow its so funny how one of you guys said that Rachel called and said that she was coming from hagerstown, well i got called from a fucking bitch saying her name was cathrine and she's coming from hagerstown to meet me there also..so after reading all these reviews, i called the bitch and told her to never call ma phone again or the next time it happens the police will be showing there and i cursed her ass out...we all really need to take action against them cause its not cool to let somebody drive 2 or 3 hours like i would've for nothing and risk losing wages at work and gas at the same time... So F**k them all...
 30th of Jun, 2010 by   jokesonu2010 +1 Votes
All I have to say is you people are so gullable. These lame scam companies exist because people like you fall for their dumbass advertisements and empty promises of something for nothing. Are you kidding me? Wake the hell up people. NOTHING in this world is absolutely free...you will never get something for nothing, and you will never be approved for no 28, 000 dollar loan for a brand new car (without the Credit or Collateral to back it up). I'm sorry this happened to you and especially to the ones in diar need of a car...but seriously think about it and use common sense.
 5th of Jul, 2010 by   Emfederin -1 Votes
"you people are so gullable"?

"diar need"?

Jeeez, dude...if you're going to hit people over the head, the least you can do is be grammatically correct about it.

In any event, that "crazy 88" ad is currently running on my TV, and all the arm-flapping hype has me on the verge of throwing up.

As well, "all the arm-flapping hype" is what sent me to the net to check these silly asses out. I was not surprised to got something on the order of 27, 000 hits by googling "crazy 88 scam".

FWIW, I'm watching it on Philly channel 17-2 (WPHL-DT2) which is rented out by a network called "ThisTV": http://www.thistv.com/
ThisTV has some really good programming and lots of great movies, but it happens to be a 100% scam supported network.
IOW, every single ad you see on ThisTV is a scam. Every single one. I've never seen anything so blatant in my life!
So if you ever want to see what NOT to fall for out there in TV-land, just watch ThisTV.

And for everything else folks, use this as your bible when it comes to asking yourself if an ad is believable: TANSTAAFL

4th of Oct, 2010 by   whiteirishtiger +2 Votes
it was just on TV (wee hours of the morn) so I thought I'd check it out.
This was playing on Channel 5 - KSDK - (y'all know the 'Peacock'/NBC).
I didn't have a good feeling about it from the start.. but there's always hope as I had bought a used 90's Dodge Caravan from a reputable car dealer for $86 plus taxes (and no, that is not per month.. it was just a tad over $300 for plates/taxes/tags to drive it off the lot). I know my mom needs a new-er car since hers has almost 300k miles on it and it's being held together with new oil, dirt, and a lot of praying.
I'm glad I found all of you.. I'm sorry it happened to you though.. and I wouldn't say gullible .. I'd say hopeful. we all want to believe that others are good / good-hearted like we are.

whiteirishtiger
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   88 is crazy -1 Votes
I just got a car for 88 dollars down and 88 dollars a month!!! What a Deal!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYY
 17th of Feb, 2011 by   jleighboyd 0 Votes
hey guys why dont one or allof you contact the better buisness bureau? i saw the info mercial this morning, though it sounded to good to be true. i went on their site and read the fine print, then i found all of your sam comments. at least if they are reported by numerous people claiming the same story, they can be shut done or fined.also think about contacting the local nes teams, they love this stuff! good luck
 17th of Feb, 2011 by   jleighboyd +1 Votes
sorry about the grammer my keyboard keeps getting stuck :(
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   Mikk 0 Votes
I am looking at the commercial right now and this is a same that they would try to scam people like this. I think we have it hard enough just trying to make it without someone trying to get over on us some more.
 5th of Apr, 2011 by   Bigfut 0 Votes
This says it all: "$88 a month for up to 3 months at dealer discretion"
and: "CRAZY 88 is a registered marketing agent and not an automotive finance company or lender."

Crazy 88
P.O. Box 261297
Tampa, FL 33685

Disclaimer

See dealer for complete details on all programs. Not responsible for typographical errors. See dealer for details. Bank approval required on all credit applications. Subject to finance approval to qualified buyers. Certain restrictions apply based on lender approval. $88 a month for up to 3 months at dealer discretion. Offer may be withdrawn at any time and is not to be used in conjunction with any advertised offer. Amount of down payment and monthly payment may vary based on consumer's credit history.

For full NADA book value: negative balance applied to new loan balance. Financing on approved credit through dealer designated lender. All vehicles plus tax tags and freight. Guaranteed trade for purchase of used vehicles only. Offer may be withdrawn at any time and is not to be used in conjunction with and advertised offer CRAZY 88 is a registered marketing agent and not an automotive finance company or lender. Negative balance applied to new loan balance. Financing on approved credit through dealer designated lender.
 22nd of Apr, 2011 by   amanda6587 0 Votes
I was watching TV and I saw it.. my hubby needs a new car so I I been keeping my eyes open I'm so happy I found this page when I Google's crazy88auto.com. the scary and crazy thing is this is reaching all the way down to ft Lauderdale FL!!!

Where to Find 60,000 Speed Traps Nationwide